Devious Devices NG

View File

A collaborative revamp of Devious Devices's internals for SE, AE, and VR that aims to overhaul animation, performance, and usability.

Improvements include:

• Complete conversion of DD's bound movement system to OAR for significantly faster idle switching and reduced script lag
  • Greatly expanded library of movement, Sexlab, and furniture animations
  • Improved performance and eliminated script lag for device/limb hider, expression switching, gagged eating/drinking and bound looting/equip prevention through engine-level enforcement instead of inventory removal and several core functions through a new SKSE plugin
  • Miscellaneous edits including built in soft dep support for OSL Aroused and SLIF

A full list of changes can be found at the end of this page, source code for the plugin and scripts can be found here. You can discuss the project, check out preview builds, and find accompanying mods on the Devious Devices Development Discord.

Compatibility
Skyrim AE/SE/VR are all supported thanks to Clib-NG. LE is unsupported. Compatibility for SLIF and OSL Aroused are built in.

Backwards compatibility with any mods dependent on Devious Devices SE should be preserved but you will need a new game.

If using Unforgiving Devices, ensure UnforgivingDevices - DD Patch.esp loads below DD_Animation_Overhaul_by_Taki17.esp.

Requirements
Hard:

Soft:

Installation

1. Install as you would any other mod
  2. Ensure DD NG overwrites all other mods including Devious Devices, OSL Aroused, and SLIF
  3. Run Nemesis or FNIS
  4. Start a new game

Future Work

Spoiler
  • Improving device equip/unequip experience and performance (including custom equip menus)
  • More SL/furniture animations
  • Faster and more robust SL filtering (including support for more than 2P scenes)
  • Even faster device hiding and NPC support
  • Optional support for Sexlab P+ Phase 2

Full Roadmap

Credits

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/16/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices SE 5.2, Address Library, Open Animation Replacer
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

My favourite gif didn't make it to the post, so here it is - this is why do I think you should give NG at least a try ☺️

This is a comparison for switching animation states when you equip/unequip something, regular DD is on the right ("FNIS"), NG is on the left ("OAR"):

Spoiler

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.42648e4758050527c423e19f2352caa2.gif

32 minutes ago, altsforeveryone said:

Argh, if only it didn't need a new game

Sadly, DD's animation filter only works correctly if it sets up on the new game, and there are quite a lot of changed functions - so starting a new game is a hard requirement here, unless you really like bugs and glitches ?

I got a question. Do you think you are the new god of loverslab? You post so much updated content I gotta restart my game whenever you post new stuff. Seriously, like, how am I supposed to play skyrim when all of my favorite, buggy mods are updated so my super pc actually starts to act like one again? You think its okay to take loads of awesome mods and modding assets and actually use them for situations that make sense and for all other practical uses? You think you can just make me download this?

Well you're goddamn right. Goddamnit. I gotta have it. Cudos to you and all developers working with you.

Your work in modernizing DD is much appreciated!

One minor potential bug I noticed so far: the petsuit struggle animations might be broken if using FNIS.  The animation is named DDPetSuit_Struggle02 in the FNIS txt file while in the struggleArray in the esp, they are given as DDPetSuitStruggle02, without the underscore.

I'm glad to see more innovation/changes to DD again. But.. my concern is the animation filter. Any plans to be able to change the animation filter compared to current DD? having 99
% of my animations filtered out because i dared to equip an armbinder or butt plug is just cruel. i just want to be able to have the option to fallback to vanilla filtering because sometimes i just don't care about clipping when i'm getting getting sexed by 5 dudes in a row due to a prostitution quota or something

-- beyond that, just the preview images look great, and it'll be interesting to see where this goes... but my current save is aiming to eventually hit some of the AE content so i'm probably not trying this out in the near future

Edited by Deadly Kitten
6 hours ago, Meladiator said:

I got a question. Do you think you are the new god of loverslab? You post so much updated content I gotta restart my game whenever you post new stuff. Seriously, like, how am I supposed to play skyrim when all of my favorite, buggy mods are updated so my super pc actually starts to act like one again? You think its okay to take loads of awesome mods and modding assets and actually use them for situations that make sense and for all other practical uses? You think you can just make me download this?

Well you're goddamn right. Goddamnit. I gotta have it. Cudos to you and all developers working with you.

This genuinely would not exist without everyone listed in the credit section so please check out their work if you haven't already.

3 hours ago, valentinian said:

Your work in modernizing DD is much appreciated!

One minor potential bug I noticed so far: the petsuit struggle animations might be broken if using FNIS.  The animation is named DDPetSuit_Struggle02 in the FNIS txt file while in the struggleArray in the esp, they are given as DDPetSuitStruggle02, without the underscore.

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll include a fix in the next update.

2 hours ago, Deadly Kitten said:

I'm glad to see more innovation/changes to DD again. But.. my concern is the animation filter. Any plans to be able to change the animation filter compared to current DD? having 99
% of my animations filtered out because i dared to equip an armbinder or butt plug is just cruel. i just want to be able to have the option to fallback to vanilla filtering because sometimes i just don't care about clipping when i'm getting getting sexed by 5 dudes in a row due to a prostitution quota or something

This is a pretty big priority for us. Especially with the advent of P+, we want to make sure that DD is a) not bottlenecking scene startup speed (considering how fast P+ is) and b) more flexible than the current system, both in the number of actors supported and how it removes restraints to allow greater animation diversity. We're prototyping on vanilla SL right now and I'm working with Scrab to make sure the system will work with Phase 2.

7 hours ago, Meladiator said:

Now I'm just wondering if, someday, someone will be able to make Nemesis support creature animations. And playing "Sexrim" would be way less clunky. ?

I haven't tried the mod yet, but I think this is the right place to finally ask for the proper option to remove some devices when a sexlab scene starts. The most annoying thing about DD is when you install 1k+ animations, but a simple armbinder reduces them to like 5 same anims compatible with the device. To make things worse, some mods even check if you wear heavy bondage and don't trigger events at all, but this would require separate compatibility patches. Those are magic devices after all, so when sexlab chooses some animation, then DD should comply and temporarily remove blocking devices instead of replacing the animation. Obviously, it should be optional, but I believe it would be a welcome option for people who use DD for aesthetics and not to gimper gameplay and watch same 10 default animations when bound.

Me playing DD NG with a bunch of needs, bondage, and effects mods while wearing some invisible bound armbinders, collar, chain harness, and hobble skirt while waiting for Submissive Lola master to come back and beat the shit out of me in solid 60 fps and negligible script lag.

Edited by Harry Smackmeat
4 hours ago, akssi said:

Can this MOD be installed halfway? I don’t really want to start a new game

It won't work properly without a new game.

3 hours ago, myhouseatl said:

Is the Devious Device SLIF patch needed anymore?

Or ZadExpressionNativeLibs ?

Nope, both of these are included.

3 hours ago, Vigor said:

Obviously, it should be optional, but I believe it would be a welcome option for people who use DD for aesthetics and not to gimper gameplay and watch same 10 default animations when bound.

Didn't base DD have a function to turn off the filter in the "animation settings" in the MCM? 

I'll turned mine back on, as there are a metric ton of new animations added by Taki17 for all devices - and old clunky Zap animations are gone, so it's much easier to live with. ?