4 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Can't make any promises since I'm not well-versed with asset work but @audhol is working on SMP enhancements for a couple devices including chains.

Some script enhancements, assets and the animation system (with DAR) can be backported but an LE version of the SKSE plugin would take months of RE work. All in all, we're not going to handle this ourselves but I'm open to partially assisting LE devs who want to try.

2 hours ago, audhol said:

Yeah I'm on it, so far the collisions for the tail plugs and pear chain are done, the ball and chain has better weighting and new anims from @krzp, the collar chains are also fixed. I'm currently working on the wristcuffs and prisoner chains. Hopefully in time all smp nifs and xmls will get their share of the lovin.

That's great to hear. Thank you you guys are awesome.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:00 PM, ponzipyramid said:

If using Unforgiving Devices, ensure UnforgivingDevices - DD Patch.esp loads below DD_Animation_Overhaul_by_Taki17.esp.

do you happen to have links to these i have unforgiving devices i dont know about the ddpatch.esp and the dd animation overhaul by taki17

14 hours ago, Kyatinoa said:

do you happen to have links to these i have unforgiving devices i dont know about the ddpatch.esp and the dd animation overhaul by taki17

Takis overhaul is part of ng and the DD patch is part of unforgiving devices. You just need to make sure ud's patch loads after this mod.

58 minutes ago, MajesticMoomin said:

any of the quests, like getting the stone in Whiterun always fail to equip the bondage gear on me, it plays the animations and i can progress but my character just stays naked, no DD in my inventory either :/

Install this patch, it'll help with that until the new version is rolled out:

Animations are from EstrusChaurus+? It's on this site. I didn't even know it had special walking and idle animations till this happened...

Idles work fine without this mod. So this is the one changing the idles for some reason. I don't know why, its def weird.

Ok, double checked:

They are coming from this mod: EstrusForSkyrimSE V250beta from Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12832?tab=files&file_id=114367

Its esp is not used but it has a dll. So could be an incompatibility with that.

Edited by ssskn
9 hours ago, ssskn said:

Idles work fine without this mod. So this is the one changing the idles for some reason. I don't know why, its def weird.

I see the FNIS animation files in the file list, so I'd assume, just like with about anything that wants to play idles or switch animation sets, that mod would require a patch to function alongside DD properly. What I don't see in that archive are the source files, though, there's one lone psc file, and the rest of the scripts don't seem have them, so that could be a problem. ?

Is there an MCM setting to turn off the idles?

Edited by krzp
2 hours ago, krzp said:

Is there an MCM setting to turn off the idles?

That esp isn't used in game. Only the dll and animations are required. Only the tentacle animations are required to be clear. Not walking or idles.

And it's just not working with DD-NG, with regular DD it works fine. So something here is switching animations or missing something from DD mod.

EC only does tentacle attacks no idles or maybe it's DD check is missing with NG, That's all I can think of atm.

See here, for more details:

Just now, ssskn said:

That esp isn't used in game. Only the dll and animations are required. Only the tentacle animations are required to be clear. Not walking or idles.

And it's just not working with DD-NG, with regular DD it works fine. So something here is switching animations or missing something from DD mod.

EC only does tentacle attacks no idles or maybe it's DD check is missing with NG, That's all I can think of atm.

See here, for more details:

FNIS overrides OAR/DAR generally speaking and since NG uses OAR and traditional DD uses FNIS, that's where the issue arises. There's likely a way to translate the FNIS overrides into OAR to resolve this.

Just now, ponzipyramid said:

FNIS overrides OAR/DAR generally speaking and since NG uses OAR and traditional DD uses FNIS, that's where the issue arises. There's likely a way to translate the FNIS overrides into OAR to resolve this.

I just remembered for a long time now, I had to disable bound combat. Because animations from combat mods like MCO, override movement animations from DD. If I enabled bound combat then walking and running animations break, they will play MCO over DD.

Seems like they can override DD animations, but it's not all, turning will use DD bound animations and rest will go w/ MCO.

11 minutes ago, ssskn said:

Base DD used the same old FNIS AA technology as does Estrus, so i'd assume that DD simply broke that functionality in EC and stopped it's idles from playing.

NG doesn't use that anymore, so Estrus freely plays its stuff.

Estrus, probably, needs a patch to not set it's idles whenever a zad_heavybondage keyword is present, as I don't remember anything in base DD that checked for Estrus.

13 minutes ago, ssskn said:

Not walking or idles.

I saw files called est0_mt_idle.hkx, est0_mt_runforward.hkx, est0_mt_walkforward.hkx, etc, in the Nexus link you've sent, which indicates that there are FNIS AA's in there.

Or, for an easier-but-less-elegant solution, you can just create some copies of DD's idles in the DD NG's OAR folder, and name them accordingly with the ones Estrus tries to set, so OAR overrides those as well ? I.e. copy mt_idle with the name est1_mt_idle.hkx.

Edited by krzp

Why I try to equip restraints onto NPCs, it seems to be causing them to lose all other clothing, refusing to wear anything that isn't another device. That's not normal, is it? I observed this happening with pet suits and Iron Prisoner Chains, on both a follower and a Paradise Halls slave.

21 hours ago, johntrine said:

1 hour ago, johntrine said:

well. is this mod AE exclusive? anything?

It was less than a day since your last post. We'll most likely respond but not necessarily that quickly. Does this crash happen during a particular situation or seemingly at random? Do you have the 0.2.6 Patch (misnomer) installed?

On 10/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, Mud said:

Why I try to equip restraints onto NPCs, it seems to be causing them to lose all other clothing, refusing to wear anything that isn't another device. That's not normal, is it? I observed this happening with pet suits and Iron Prisoner Chains, on both a follower and a Paradise Halls slave.

Is this a new issue with NG? IHMK put together a new version of the device hider that avoids item unequipping which should hopefully resolve this issue. We're still in testing with that atm.

1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

It was less than a day since your last post. We'll most likely respond but not necessarily that quickly.

yeah, sorry about that. i just nearly set up my mod list and this was the last thing causing issue. got a little impatient

1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

Does this crash happen during a particular situation or seemingly at random? Do you have the 0.2.6 Patch (misnomer) installed?

nope. the ctd is at lauch and i do have the patch. i also renamed it to 0.2.7 patch for my sanity. i also made sure to place the esp above the ud- dd patch and all.