Hello! I installed all the requirement, launched Nemesis (did not find DD in the checkbox list, but DD animations appeared in the log when I launched Nemesis).

The mod appear in game and MCM, but when I drop a contraption and select self-bondage, the contraption disappears and my character doesn't use any bondage animation, and just stands there. She becomes frozen, cannot move, open inventory, or load game, even though I only select 1 hour for self-bondage. Only thing I can do is quit game. This applies to all contraptions.

I checked open animation replacer and the DD animations seem to be there too. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Thanks a lot! 

Why have the "IsFemale" conditions in all of the OAR json files? I am one of the apparently 5 queer furries trying to get DD to work with male bodies (gotten rather handy with xEdit+BS/OS+Blender as consequence)

I was pretty interested in this mod, but upon install none of the idles would play correctly when bound. After checking the OAR UI, I realised none of the animations where being applied because of the IsFemale check. I recursively deleted the IsFemale conditions in all the configs within the DD to OAR folder and the animations now apply properly, and I can see it's much better than the sluggish old method, no more stumpy hands while the animations are being applied.

Is there any reason for this check in OAR configs?

On 10/31/2023 at 4:30 AM, ponzipyramid said:

Is this a new issue with NG? IHMK put together a new version of the device hider that avoids item unequipping which should hopefully resolve this issue. We're still in testing with that atm.

I haven't played extensively with DD 5.2 before now, but I surely don't remember arm restraints removing every piece of clothing from the target's inventory before. Even just an armbinder on a follower strips them naked and seemingly sends all of their gear into the void.

8 hours ago, :fuzzy said:

Why have the "IsFemale" conditions in all of the OAR json files? I am one of the apparently 5 queer furries trying to get DD to work with male bodies (gotten rather handy with xEdit+BS/OS+Blender as consequence)

No particular reason other than we pretty much didn't look into the male/beast race refits support yet (I did upload a small For Him consistency patch on the first page of this thread if you've got that one installed), but we'll try to get around it at some point. ?

I'd need to test drive it for a bit, if it doesn't break anything important, the isFemale check might not be needed, you are right ? I don't even remember why it was there in the first place. Perhaps it was a part of the original DAR conversion from 2 years ago...

8 hours ago, daijobu said:

my character doesn't use any bondage animation, and just stands there. She becomes frozen, cannot move, open inventory

That sounds like your DDC animations didn't register correctly - check your FNIS log for errors?

2 hours ago, krzp said:

No particular reason other than we pretty much didn't look into the male/beast race refits support yet (I did upload a small For Him consistency patch on the first page of this thread if you've got that one installed), but we'll try to get around it at some point. ?

I'd need to test drive it for a bit, if it doesn't break anything important, the isFemale check might not be needed, you are right ? I don't even remember why it was there in the first place. Perhaps it was a part of the original DAR conversion from 2 years ago...

That sounds like your DDC animations didn't register correctly - check your FNIS log for errors?

Thanks for the reply! I'm using Nemesis instead of FNIS. The DDC animations appear in the log after I launched Nemesis, they also appear in the OAR menu under replacer mods. 

1 hour ago, RoninDog said:

When my character is wearing a collar and her stamina goes below 50% she starts slouching as if tired. Is this an effect from this mod? I've never seen it before installing it.

Yes it is - if you're not a fan, you could turn this off (or tweak the values for its conditions) from the OAR's menu (shift-O), 100500 is the folder name for that one. ?

21 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

Anyone else still able to eat/drink even with a plugged panel gag?  Worked on 5.2, but doesn't seem to on NG.  Nothing is overwriting DD NG in MO.

As in you want to be able to eat/drink with a closed panel gag? We rewrote this logic natively to prevent eating at the engine level so that may explain the change.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:56 AM, johntrine said:

nope. the ctd is at lauch and i do have the patch. i also renamed it to 0.2.7 patch for my sanity. i also made sure to place the esp above the ud- dd patch and all.

Might be a redistributable issue if its on game start - try installing them here (they're official Microsoft downloads, if you're concerned). Can you also post Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/DeviousDevicesNG.log?

Edited by ponzipyramid
12 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Might be a redistributable issue if its on game start - try installing them here (they're official Microsoft downloads, if you're concerned). Can you also post Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/DeviousDevicesNG.log?

dear author, could you please tell me what to do if the animations for contraption don't happen, and my character just stands frozen, cannot open inventory or load game? Nemesis registered DD animations, and DDC animation mods appear under OAR too. The struggle animations exist for the wearable items. 

10 hours ago, krzp said:

Nemesis shows the DD animations, in game. they also appear under OAR. 

Screenshot 2023-11-01 165329.png

Have a strange one when walking on the path from Whiterun to Rorikstead .. 

I have ToH loaded and it's just before reaching the farm .. and I can see tall stone Totem pole thing to the right (which I believe is part of Skyrim landscape)..

As I walk along path which I guess is going into a cell change 

Games hangs with a DLL error dialogue box come up with [59288] [Relocation.h:1088] Failed to find the id within the address library: 36668
This means this script extender plugin is incompatible with the address library for this version of the game, and thus does not support it.

Closing that box will then close Skyrim

Reload and get the same at exactly the same place when walking.

Using the SKSE Address for Skyrim SSE (Main files only .. not downloaded optionals) and all other hard pre-requisites. 

This is running in Skyrim VR 

I'll see if occurs without ToH and report back. 

[Edit] - Not ToH causing problem ..

Monument is Gjukars Monument and if I walk towards that or continue up the path (to where there are broken stone walls) I get this error message as above. 

Log for info....

DeviousDevicesNG.log

Edited by jc321
17 hours ago, Gergar12 said:

Does DD-NG work for combined FNIS and nemesis mod lists? 

I don't see why it shouldn't work - animations-wise there are a few new human animations added, but otherwise, if the regular DD worked with that combo, NG should as well?

19 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

No, I'm not supposed to eat/drink with a closed panel, right?  For some reason I still can with NG.

Should be fixed in the next version.

7 hours ago, jc321 said:

Have a strange one when walking on the path from Whiterun to Rorikstead .. 

I have ToH loaded and it's just before reaching the farm .. and I can see tall stone Totem pole thing to the right (which I believe is part of Skyrim landscape)..

As I walk along path which I guess is going into a cell change 

Games hangs with a DLL error dialogue box come up with [59288] [Relocation.h:1088] Failed to find the id within the address library: 36668
This means this script extender plugin is incompatible with the address library for this version of the game, and thus does not support it.

Closing that box will then close Skyrim

Reload and get the same at exactly the same place when walking.

Using the SKSE Address for Skyrim SSE (Main files only .. not downloaded optionals) and all other hard pre-requisites. 

This is running in Skyrim VR 

I'll see if occurs without ToH and report back. 

Log for info....

DeviousDevicesNG.log 33.85 kB · 3 downloads

Lemme see if I can replicate this.

EDIT: I cannot. Ran the full distance from Whiterun to Rorikstead. Can you screenshot where on the map you crash?

Edited by ponzipyramid
1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

EDIT: I cannot. Ran the full distance from Whiterun to Rorikstead. Can you screenshot where on the map you crash?

It's at the location of Gjukars Monument. Main path (on the left) when you get to a couple of broken stone walls (the path peaks going upwards and then goes flat), it happens but have also approached the Monument directly (ie: walk up to monument .. 5 ft away) and same thing happens.

I have walked from Riverwood to Windhelm with no issue.

Removing ToH (which places a farm around that area) doesn't seem to fix the issue, I'm now wondering if I have another mod altering that area which is triggering this. I'll investigate further. .. 

@ponzipyramid

This DLL error that triggers with DD NG loaded (in Skyrim VR) appears to be triggering with Devious Lore mod loaded. 

If I remove the mod I can proceed along the path and visit Gjukars monument without issue.

There is a house which Devious Lore puts in this location further up the road and has 3 NPC's in pony costumes outside.

7 hours ago, jc321 said:

This DLL error that triggers with DD NG loaded (in Skyrim VR) appears to be triggering with Devious Lore mod loaded. 

This seems to be exclusive to your installation (or maybe VR in general, can't say) - I've tried it just now, turned off my regular Northern Roads, and yet it still worked for me ?

Spoiler

Screenshot_2023-11-03_133546.jpg.cdbbe14a540617687aa240b5efabe722.jpg

Some further investigating is in order, i guess.