Having a couple of issues and a small bug report (in the screenies below)

1/ SH Issue

BIP works fine when triggered from the debug menu but I have tried repeatedly to get it to fire from SH without success. I have the BIP setting in SH set to 100 and tried with Fan, Hypno and Collar approaches but none started BIP. In the Fan approaches I've insulted everyone repeatedly. I even after a few attempts got the bad drink from the fan but that didn't trigger it either. Is there some setting I've missed or I can get you logs otherwise

2/ Title bug (and DD again)

Below are screenies showing the problems if the pc is wearing DD items before BIP starts. There is also a cosmetic bug where if the player is transported to a new location the place name remains on screen

Spoiler

ScreenShot77.jpg.5e10fd8676398ad69b8efeadb5e2a6a5.jpgScreenShot79.jpg.e5676299d9c80cb0400e5f4e19cff704.jpg

ScreenShot80.jpg.978d21550f1c766231dead025c58ac47.jpg

Edited by Slorm
5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Bug:

During a fade to black after a scene, a popup needing an answer popped up. Dunno which one, but hitting e once was enough to proceed. Other than that.. seems to be working great! :)

If it keeps occurring, it may help to temporarily disable the FTB in AAF_settings.ini so you can see the messagebox, in order to track it down and confirm it's actually from this mod.

53 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If it keeps occurring, it may help to temporarily disable the FTB in AAF_settings.ini so you can see the messagebox, in order to track it down and confirm it's actually from this mod.

That wont work on scripted fade out/in.

I've had it disabled for years, forget which mod forced me to start doing that.... But yeah, it's this mod and so far rarely it happens.

I'll have to crank up the volume to see if it's a statement or multi choice and pay attention to which faction, if any, triggers it.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

That wont work on scripted fade out/in.

I've had it disabled for years, forget which mod forced me to start doing that.... But yeah, it's this mod and so far rarely it happens.

I'll have to crank up the volume to see if it's a statement or multi choice and pay attention to which faction, if any, triggers it.

Oh, right-o, yeah BIP might benefit from a debug toggle in MCM to disable the fade in/out in that case.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Oh, right-o, yeah BIP might benefit from a debug toggle in MCM to disable the fade in/out in that case.

There's a bunch of them fade out things! LOL

Actually, it might not be that big of a thing, meaning stuck fade. It's happened twice and I've yet to have it stick again. Which is great, yet annoying. :P

I know the pacification bubble is working great. K.. I'm rambling. LOL

When I study the scripts for this mod, I see that I should be allowed to struggle three times for each "scenario", and a scenario looks like it starts with a new collection of npcs (or just one), and then proceeds through to some bound sex.

But when I tried this mod, I was only allowed to struggle three times, and somehow that was it, in each scenario the only thing I could do was position the camera.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

2 hours ago, Triggs said:

1 problem with me.. if i choose abort all in MCM menu.. torture divices gone and she stands on the ground.. but nothing really end, no hud return and she can't move hmm.. stuck like that, i have to load previous save ?

Use the commands

diel and look for active layers then reset the one/s that prevent movement etc with riel

For example layer 2 is blocking favorites, fighting..... you'd run riel 2

I've had to do this once when a good samaritan had a bear liberate several of his body parts. Also, it may take a bit for everything to terminate. Abort All seems pretty slow. And you can wait a bit then run it again.

Speaking of:

@twistedtrebla The pacification seems to be working pretty well for current NPC's, but newly spawned visitors "can" aggro to the current pacified NPC's, running off and trying to kill them. Which they usually win as the current ones "generally" don't fight back.

The Yao Guai was sitting there for 4 scenes not bothering anyone then the GS shows up and totally pissed him off. Maybe because he didn't want the show to end. LOL But it was interesting that the bear aggroed to the GS and not the other way around.

23 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

When I study the scripts for this mod, I see that I should be allowed to struggle three times for each "scenario", and a scenario looks like it starts with a new collection of npcs (or just one), and then proceeds through to some bound sex.

But when I tried this mod, I was only allowed to struggle three times, and somehow that was it, in each scenario the only thing I could do was position the camera.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Did you take into account the energy used and when it regained enough to struggle again? If you struggle every time you'll run out of energy and have to suffer through a couple scenes to regain enough to try again.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:09 AM, izzyknows said:

Bug:

During a fade to black after a scene, a popup needing an answer popped up. Dunno which one, but hitting e once was enough to proceed. Other than that.. seems to be working great! :)

I've also had the popup happen during a fade to black that stalls the fade. I get around it by hitting the enter key. No problem if the only option is "ok" but when there's multiple options it's pretty much a random selection.

I have had the fan wine trigger BIP. There's a player knockdown animation from SH that interferes with the start of BIP.

@twistedtrebla

Does the event timer pause during AAF scenes? Seems like it triggers every 30 seconds even during a running AFF animation. Admittedly it could just be script lag. 

Edited by jbezorg
54 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

I have had the fan wine trigger BIP. There's a player knockdown animation from SH that interferes with the start of BIP.

This happened to me under the same circumstances.  Fan wine bad end triggered BiP, player appeared on the X-cross, then she quickly got ragdolled off.  The positioning fixed itself after the first visitor's AAF scene.

9 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

This happened to me under the same circumstances.  Fan wine bad end triggered BiP, player appeared on the X-cross, then she quickly got ragdolled off.  The positioning fixed itself after the first visitor's AAF scene.

That's odd, as twice in testing I've had the fan wine knockdown and it just went into the usual routine of three gangbangs but BiP didn't fire at all (set at 100%). BiP from debug works fine, so I'll try a reinstall of SH as clearly it's not triggering for me

Amazing work on BIP, @twistedtrebla! Really looking forward to seeing what the future development holds!

That being said, I did experience some minor annoyances when playing it.

My biggest annoyance is with dialogues - I don't mind them, but they are pretty long. It wouldn't be an annoyance if they were skippable, but they're not. It's fun the first time, but it feels like every time a new NPC duo has their own introduction and a little chat. Is there a chance to make the dialogues skippable? I'm using F4Z RO D-OH.

The camera - not really sure this is the fault of the mod, but I could only see my character bound before the first event. Once the first event finishes, the 1st person camera would be locked into AAF-gathering (you can only see characters arms), and 3rd person camera would be right above player. This 'issue' could  be on my end as I'm using Custom Camera, and it really isn't that big of a deal. Any info on this?

No HUD - I ain't gonna lie, not having HUD while animations are playing makes sense. However, as Survival player I need have HUD present at all times. I know it's not usable while Player is bound, but I need to see all the notifications. Could you implement a toggle for HUD? Ego's Violate has it and it's proven to be very useful feature, despite being pretty minor (at least to me).

Companions - it surely isn't immersive if active follower is roaming around when other NPCs are having fun with bound Player. Don't get me wrong, they definitely aren't in the way (all the animations played properly and all), but just seeing them present and doing nothing isn't really immersive. They're on the Player's team - can't they at least try to free the player?

Other than those 4 'issues' (I wouldn't call them really 'issues', to be honest), BIP is amazing! Can't wait to see other mods such as Violate integrate it!

Keep up the great work and take care!

23 minutes ago, Slorm said:

That's odd, as twice in testing I've had the fan wine knockdown and it just went into the usual routine of three gangbangs but BiP didn't fire at all (set at 100%). BiP from debug works fine, so I'll try a reinstall of SH as clearly it's not triggering for me

Have you tried directly setting the NPC's morality and grudge level?  I can't recall if fan wine bad ending requires evil morality, but BiP handoff definitely does.  Give it a shot with the harasser's FPSH_Morality and FPSH_GrudgeLevel both set to 1.

Quest Property Followers Auto Const

Followers.Stop()

Followers.Start()

If you want, you can do this. "Follower" is the ID of the quest that manages all followers.

You stop it by brute force and activate it again. Simple stuff. When you stop it the alias " Companion" is cleared and anyone who had that alias will stop following you. You can recruit normally again when you see her/him again. 

Edited by JB.
56 minutes ago, JB. said:

Followers.Stop()

Followers.Start()

If you want, you can do this. "Follower" is the ID of the quest that manages all followers.

You stop it by brute force and activate it again. Simple stuff. When you stop it the alias " Companion" is cleared and anyone who had that alias will stop following you. You can recruit normally again when you see her/him again. 

Thanks.

So 

Followers.Stop()

opens the box to send your companion home? The one that says "Send so-and-so to" with a list of settlements.

1 hour ago, JB. said:

Followers.Stop()

Followers.Start()

I suspect this might break some companion mods, like Ivy, especially if you are using a follower management system.

For example, I currently have Ivy, Piper, Heather, and Valkyrie (OAR) with me.

Ivy is the primary, and Piper was recruited with Reginald's RAM-FM mod.  Piper cannot be dismissed by dialogue, but instead by using the RAM-FM holotape, the same way that she was recruited.

Heather and Valkyrie joined via dialogue, but they seem to have their own system that doesn't take a follower slot. The downside to using RAM-FM is that companions recruited using it cannot be assigned to settlements - when they are dismissed, they will go back to their vanilla start location.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Have you tried directly setting the NPC's morality and grudge level?  I can't recall if fan wine bad ending requires evil morality, but BiP handoff definitely does.  Give it a shot with the harasser's FPSH_Morality and FPSH_GrudgeLevel both set to 1.

I'll give that a try.

I have managed to get it to fire once or twice since the reinstall but it's hit and miss, SH is also generating a large number of stack errors trying to call something in /appdata which I'll post in the SH thread

EDIT:

Many thanks for the suggestion, that did the trick. I think it makes it unlikely to fire in my games as I'm usually not rude enough to get a grudge

Edited by Slorm
14 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

I suspect this might break some companion mods, like Ivy, especially if you are using a follower management system.

For example, I currently have Ivy, Piper, Heather, and Valkyrie (OAR) with me.

Ivy is the primary, and Piper was recruited with Reginald's RAM-FM mod.  Piper cannot be dismissed by dialogue, but instead by using the RAM-FM holotape, the same way that she was recruited.

Heather and Valkyrie joined via dialogue, but they seem to have their own system that doesn't take a follower slot. The downside to using RAM-FM is that companions recruited using it cannot be assigned to settlements - when they are dismissed, they will go back to their vanilla start location.

An approach I've used with some success is to iterate over the results of Game.GetPlayerFollowers() calling Actor.SetCompanion(False, False) on each of them, though I have no idea to what degree that might interfere with follower mods.

20 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

Thanks.

So 

Followers.Stop()

opens the box to send your companion home? The one that says "Send so-and-so to" with a list of settlements.

No, for that you should do this, although I never used it, I have it written down in case I need it someday. 

ReferenceAlias Property Companion Auto Const
ReferenceAlias Property DogmeatCompanion Auto Const

;fill both aliases with the aliases from the Follower Quest

FollowersScript.GetScript().DismissCompanion(Companion.GetActorReference())
FollowersScript.GetScript().DismissCompanion(DogmeatCompanion.GetActorReference())

8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

@twistedtrebla The pacification seems to be working pretty well for current NPC's, but newly spawned visitors "can" aggro to the current pacified NPC's, running off and trying to kill them. Which they usually win as the current ones "generally" don't fight back.

The Yao Guai was sitting there for 4 scenes not bothering anyone then the GS shows up and totally pissed him off. Maybe because he didn't want the show to end. LOL But it was interesting that the bear aggroed to the GS and not the other way around.

Thats rather odd. Did you happen to have a lot of NPCs nearby? Right now the pacification bubble is capped at 100 references. I thought that was enough, but if there's more than 100, I could see some NPCs not being assigned the proper faction that pacifies them.

Also, whats GS?

v1.2.4

• Sex during Bound In Public quest will not increase the player's sex reputation (either from gossip or NPCs seeing the player), since most of the times the NPC will not recognize who the player is.
  • When Bound In Public quest is started, the player's companions should be dismissed
  • Also, when quest starts any Devious Device wrist cuffs, suits, or chastity belt worn by the player will be unquipped
  • Player controls are enabled during AAF sex animation
  • Spawned NPCs should stay closer to the bound player instead of wandering too far
1 hour ago, twistedtrebla said:

Thats rather odd. Did you happen to have a lot of NPCs nearby? Right now the pacification bubble is capped at 100 references. I thought that was enough, but if there's more than 100, I could see some NPCs not being assigned the proper faction that pacifies them.

Also, whats GS?

For the bear,

There were less than 10 in the loaded area, actually most had been previously cleared, and the ones remaining were outside the alert area during the scenes. The Bear was the only close NPC. Killed the GS* and calmly walked away mumbling something about him tasting like molerat ass.

Concord, only 3 respawns were present, visitor killed them all. Such a Boss whoopn arse like that!

Bunker Hill area, Stash & her guards on the bridge and 2 at Bunker Hill. Stash promptly toasted the visitor (a gunner).

South Boston Military Checkpoint: 15ish loaded, Gunners killed attacking visitor. Raider... maybe, at least it was really quick for the poor smuk.

Trying the v1.2.4 now. :)

*GS = Good Samaritan.