17 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

Given that my Fallout.ini has no camera category, I can just create this setting in there and it shouldn't interfere with any of the rest of the vanilla camera operation?

You can also put it in Fallout4Custom.ini instead.

Bit of a bug.

So my Fallout 4 is hard... like... really hard. Lots of enemies spawn, cells reset fairly often.

Anyways, I did the bound quest, got put in Concord. Raiders were in concord. First visit went well, being that it was a Raider.

Second visit was the 40 year old virgin. Aside from the dialogue being long (maybe a bit too long?) they took so long talking about taking the PC, they eventually got flagged in combat by the nearby Raiders.

This led to quite the fight, which I learned the spawned NPCs are essential, as the 40 year old and the Settler eventually took out the Raiders after coming back a dozen plus times.

Anyways, when they came back to the PC, they never reinitiated the conversation. Everyone stood there, nothing would happen. My guess is because of coming back. I had a similar issue with dogmeat not continuing to track Kellogg if he was downed by various enemies. Not sure if there can be a time out function or a reset scenario function?

Also, during the fight, PC was hit by a grenade. Not really this mod, per se, but it staggered the PC who was locked in the device, knocking the PC out of the device, although PC still had no ability to move. Perhaps a reset PC into device function as well? More for the debug aspect when something goes wrong. I do really enjoy the new additions. Although the 40 year old dialogue was exceptionally long, or at least seemed long.

13 hours ago, JB. said:

Yeah, I have put it in but I'm not quite convinced by the new camera and the camera when aiming a gun (it's all centered now). So I will continue with Custom Camera.

don't know if you are actually looking for a camera mod or not. 

i was using Custom Camera for a good while, but did not like that it does not automatically change the camera when sneaking (specifically in 3rd person mode),

but discovered "E3PC - Enhanced 3rd Person Camera" on the other site (yes the dreaded site that begins with N).

it has standing and sneaking pages both with general camera, gun camera, and melee camera.  it also has an editing mode (have to set hotkeys) that will

let you swap shoulders, move the camera up, down, left, right, and zoom in and out.

have added the ini tweak mentioned in this thread and have not run into any issues with it (so far).

Thank you for this mod. I want to use it as a possible outcome for my own creation.

But for a modder it would be nice if it is possible to select the location where the outcome will take place.

What I mean if the player is in a settlement, it would be nice if the outcome will happen also there.

I do not know does the location has something to do with the X_markers in the properties.

Anyway one of EgoBallistic mod's  has a feature where torture equipment whith some captives are placed dynamically in the world.

To avoid 'forbidden' positions for the furniture the function "Getsafeposition" is used.

I agree it would be nice if the locations where the same ones whre its starts but...

But I am sure it would cost  a huge amount of extra work to put such location markers into every possible settlement .

I am grateful for the integration with SH and (even though I have not got it to fire yet but not tried it  a lot either).

I still think the location in lexington is not workable.

Had another "visit" there and the attacking ghouls interrupted things and attacked my visitor, who then ran. And the rest of the event was the ghouls milling around in front of me (I think one of them hit me once but then no more) and getting sniped by the gentleman.

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
5 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I sitll think the location in lexington is not workable.

There needs to be a global pacification when the quest starts. There are to many locations that have unwanted combat, which in turn porks the whole thing.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

There needs to be a global pacification when the quest starts. There are to many locations that have unwanted combat, which in turn porks the whole thing.

Or a scanner for hostile actors which ends the quest immediately...

Perhaps with a little "something dangerous is happening" message.

If it happens before the quest gets going, there's not much of anything to interrupt.

1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

Or a scanner for hostile actors which ends the quest immediately...

Perhaps with a little "something dangerous is happening" message.

If it happens before the quest gets going, there's not much of anything to interrupt.

Simple is always better. Quest triggers pacification, visits plays out, quest ends, pacification ends.

That way any visitor can stop by for a little fun and no extra script overhead, which can cause issues.

A hostile scanner would end the quest 95% of the time. Personally, I've only had it play out twice, because of enemies fighting eachother.

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Simple is always better. Quest triggers pacification, visits plays out, quest ends, pacification ends.

That way any visitor can stop by for a little fun and no extra script overhead, which can cause issues.

A hostile scanner would end the quest 95% of the time. Personally, I've only had it play out twice, because of enemies fighting eachother.

I might just do a pacification quest that applies a peace faction to all actors in the surrounding area.

I had hoped that the onHit event on the player that aborts the quest after health drops to 50% would've handled combat scenarios. But strangely, it seems enemies get into combat with the tied up player, but fall short of attacking for some reason, thus never triggering the onHit failsafe.

Edited by twistedtrebla
3 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

I might just do a pacification quest that applies a peace faction to all actors in the surrounding area.

I had hoped that the onHit event on the player that aborts the quest after health drops to 50% would've handled combat scenarios. But strangely, it seems enemies get into combat with the tied up player, but fall short of attacking for some reason, thus never triggering the onHit failsafe.

That'll work. Maybe run it every time a new visitor is spawned? The reason being, for folks that run mods like never ending warfare that spawns enemies every so often it would get the new NPC's if needed.... or not.

Other than the occasional shrapnel or stray bullet my PC has never been attacked directly in order to take any meaningful damage. (that's just me btw)

But dear Lord the factions like to fight. LOL

30 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

Okay, that happened to me and I recommend you check this box. 

Go to Quest. Scenes. Actor Behavior. 

image.png.66eefaf6f5ba6e5dcfb524a949690610.png

Check Pause in Combat 

image.png.869274ac975eef05c97154f7df964682.png

Basically, you are asking the Quest to pause dialogues while there is combat. 

I haven't experimented much with this, but it works for me in Slavers. There is a section where slavers face ghouls and must resume dialogue after the confrontation. 

To be on the safe side, maximize the dialogue distance (in case the npc has gone a bit far away). 

image.png.e8ca012c1793cc9553aa46c2dd96a901.png

Spoiler

Photo56.png.3a2e6cc3f1de93b2c479aa140374265e.png

Edited by JB.

On 4/11/2023 at 6:27 PM, lee3310 said:

But "Custom Camera" is changing the same setting, it even has an .ini file with that setting set to "0"  that loads on start (ini file with same name as plugin)

image.png.09747863a12a0f50f7c100604aaac4df.png

If you are really sure that "bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0" is messing with aiming camera then you can probably set it to "0" only when the furniture is used:
OnSit()/ onActivate()

Event OnSit(ObjectReference akFurniture)
  if akFurniture == zazPillory
  	Utility.SetINIInt("bApplyCameraNodeAnimations:Camera", 0)
  endIf
endEvent

Event OnGetUp(ObjectReference akFurniture)
  Utility.SetINIInt("bApplyCameraNodeAnimations:Camera", 1)
endEvent

"[Camera]/bApplyCameraNodeAnimations" must already exists in Fallout4.ini.

Or you can put the furniture into an alias and use:  "onActivate()/OnExitFurniture()" events.

Man, if I put that script in Slavers then I would be touching the camera values of other users who already have it set to their liking in 0, like Izzyknows. ?

But yeah, I'll do like twisted and go for the sure thing: I'm going to recommend that mod. 

57 minutes ago, JB. said:

Man, if I put that script in Slavers then I would be touching the camera values of other users who already have it set to their liking in 0, like Izzyknows. ?

But yeah, I'll do like twisted and go for the sure thing: I'm going to recommend that mod. 

Sure, you do what you think it's best. I just thought that since "custom camera" has 43 open bug reports, people may start bothering you with unrelated bugs (by reporting bugs unrelated to your respective mods). But you know the drill ?.

ps

There is no "getINI" function in order to revert the setting to previous state.

Edited by lee3310
6 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Sure, you do what you think it's best. I just thought that since "custom camera" has 43 open bug reports, people may start bothering you with unrelated bugs (by reporting bugs unrelated to your respective mods). But you know the drill ?.

ps

There is no "getINI" function in order to revert the setting to previous state.

GetIni would be a lifesaver. 

Ooooh, F4SUP has it. 

float Function ReadINIFloatFromFile(string nameA, string nameB, string nameC) global native
;/
	float Function ReadINIFloatFromFile(string filepath, string Section, string Setting)

Returns the value of a setting as a float from a text file, relative to the game folder ("/Fallout4/...").
		Example

fValue = ReadINIFloatFromFile("Data/F4SE/Plugins/Discord_Presence_F4SE.ini", "Settings", "bDebugMode")

If this works out one of my slavers will be named after you. 

5 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

But look at the reports -- lots of duplicate reports. Also, reports on issues which are characteristic of many mods (for example, there's reports that uninstalling the mod doesn't work). And some of them are reports on problems caused by other mods.

And then there's reports that Barber and Surgeon Camera Fix is missing (it's been replaced with Barber and Surgery Camera Fix)...

1 hour ago, JB. said:

If this works out one of my slavers will be named after you. 

?? Cool, is it too late to change my name ?. But seriously, SUP is one of the reasons i started learning C++. 

PS

I can see a problem with the function: 

relative to the game folder ("/Fallout4/...").

I think you will have to add your own custom INI like "Custom Camera" did (Commonwealth Slavers.ini) but kind of defeat the purpose. 

Edited by lee3310
19 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Thank you for sharing, a great idea.
One question: the installation conflicts with Patch for animations (Squirt/Cum Effects, cum overlays, stages, fixes) 9.14. Which one should be loaded last here?

I tried both, this mod would not animate with this mod overwriting Patch. So I hid the conflicting file from this mod, and allowed Patch to win out. Worked fine afterwards.

5 hours ago, twistedtrebla said:

My enemies have not gotten into combat with the player, my enemies have gotten into combat with each other though. My player was randomly hit by a grenade, but it wasn't meant for her. Once the enemies fight, if the actors in the scene were downed, even if they got back up, they walked back towards PC but never finished any dialogue and just stood around.

3 hours ago, sen4mi said:

But look at the reports -- lots of duplicate reports. Also, reports on issues which are characteristic of many mods (for example, there's reports that uninstalling the mod doesn't work). And some of them are reports on problems caused by other mods.

And then there's reports that Barber and Surgeon Camera Fix is missing (it's been replaced with Barber and Surgery Camera Fix)...

I know that some people on nexus tend to blame every mod they install for every bug they have but still... (too many bug reports).

6 hours ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

I tried both, this mod would not animate with this mod overwriting Patch. So I hid the conflicting file from this mod, and allowed Patch to win out. Worked fine afterwards.

I actually wanted to wait and be surprised. But tested now.
In my game it makes no difference whether Indarello's patch is loaded before or after twistedtrebla's mod. Maybe it's because Indarello has now integrated ZaZOut4. In any case, the quest starts flawlessly in both variants. I couldn't judge whether there would be problems later. Maybe twistedtrebla will say something more about conflicts in Vortex.

Regardless of the above, I'm seeing a shift in the animations/bound actress view. Temporary. I am attaching a picture of it.

image.png.49c452b014ed78ced8855d6c6df95a95.png

Please ignore the blur, this is a glasses mod.
What I wish for an immersive game flow: a better solution for the inventory. For example, inventory needs to be recovered from a nearby or reasonable distance box. It is not logical that the actress carries the entire inventory with her in the quest without consequences.
But that might also be the task for the mod that eventually integrates BiP.

Bug Report - Major - cosmetic

Just did a couple of tests with DD's worn by the pc.

The armbinder is a bit of a problem as the pc's arms were correctly placed (in stocks) but the armbinder sticks out behind the pc as if it was still worn.

I think most of the other devices will work (only tested with hobble dress and armbinder) but might be an idea to check if armbinder is present and remove then replace it at the end when pc is released.

EDIT:

@twistedtrebla

I didn't try testing any animations and it then occurred to me that the pc was still wearing the hobble dress so that would either mess up the animations or they would not take place at all if they detect the devices.

On balance it would seem better to remove all devices and replace them afterwards, although collars and cuffs should be okay to leave.

EDIT:

I just tested it with a hobble dress and and ball gag from DD and let an animation play out. The pc was transported and put on an X cross and a Raider appeared. After the dialogue the animation did play with the result that the Raider was having vaginal sex through the hobble dress, which looks decidedly odd to say the least.

Edited by Slorm