1 hour ago, Spyder Arachnid said:

I've always wanted to try this, but the thing that is stopping me is the whole "teleport to a random location" bit.

Is there a way to have it... well... not do that?

I like the idea of the bound in public, I just don't like the idea of being teleported away to a random location. Especially if I haven't been there before/haven't discovered it yet. Just really (hate to say it) "immersion breaking" to just get teleported somewhere random instead of at the current location. I mean, if I'm out fighting a bunch of raiders in the middle of downtown Boston, I don't want to all the sudden be teleported to Lexington. It's just... weird.

So is it possible to not have the whole teleport bit and instead just have it at your current location? Cause that is the only thing keeping me from trying this out.

You gave me an idea. I'm not familiar with the rnd encounter system but it would help with immersion if you can stumble on NPCs stuck in devices while traveling (like AAF captives but integrated in the random encounter system of the game). The quest will have 4 dialogue options or more:
[free, ask for caps, ask for sex, ignore].
It should be doable and the player will just find herself in the same position as those poor NPCs when caught by this mod.
PS
I agree with you about the teleportation (i would like an MCM option to block it). On the other hand, who is traveling with a pillory on his back in order to install it at your current location 🙃. Maybe a couple of them hand placed around the commonwealth (in high populated area). I also didn't try the mod yet so i don't know if the Actors are spawned or selected from nearby refs.

Edited by lee3310
48 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

I agree with you about the teleportation (i would like an MCM option to block it). On the other hand, who is traveling with a pillory on his back in order to install it at your current location 🙃. Maybe a couple of them hand placed around the commonwealth (in high populated area). I also didn't try the mod yet so i don't know if the Actors are spawned or selected from nearby refs.

Yeah, I get that. Still, the teleportation isn't much better.

It's more of an inconvenience than anything else. Like, I don't want to be trying to do a quest in one area, something bad happen and get teleported to an area far away. Then have to run all the way back to where I was before just to work on my quest again, only to get caught by another group and yet again, get teleported to another random location.

It just sounds like more of an annoyance than enjoyable (for me at least). I'd love to give this a try if they did add an option to not teleport to a random location. Otherwise, it just sounds like it would bug me to no end more than anything else lol.

4 minutes ago, Spyder Arachnid said:

Yeah, I get that. Still, the teleportation isn't much better.

It's more of an inconvenience than anything else. Like, I don't want to be trying to do a quest in one area, something bad happen and get teleported to an area far away. Then have to run all the way back to where I was before just to work on my quest again, only to get caught by another group and yet again, get teleported to another random location.

It just sounds like more of an annoyance than enjoyable (for me at least). I'd love to give this a try if they did add an option to not teleport to a random location. Otherwise, it just sounds like it would bug me to no end more than anything else lol.

Well, since it's called from AAF violate, you just lower the chance to a minimum and that's it.

2 hours ago, Spyder Arachnid said:

It's just... weird.

Actually it's not. The ones that defeated you had their fun and decide to stake you out in a more "interesting" location. Possibly even make a few caps from other Raiders in the process. A new cum dumpster on the cheap if you will.

32 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Well, since it's called from AAF violate, you just lower the chance to a minimum and that's it.

Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of using it though? lol

7 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Actually it's not. The ones that defeated you had their fun and decide to stake you out in a more "interesting" location. Possibly even make a few caps from other Raiders in the process. A new cum dumpster on the cheap if you will.

Yeah, I get the idea behind it. They "knock you out" and drag you off to a new location and put you on display.

For me though, it's more of the annoyance of being randomly sent somewhere from where I was currently. I like to take my time exploring locations and such, and to have something teleport me away to a random location would bother me. Especially if it's a location I haven't discovered yet. It's just messes with my rhythm. lol

6 hours ago, lee3310 said:

You gave me an idea. I'm not familiar with the rnd encounter system but it would help with immersion if you can stumble on NPCs stuck in devices while traveling (like AAF captives but integrated in the random encounter system of the game). The quest will have 4 dialogue options or more:
[free, ask for caps, ask for sex, ignore].

have you looked at Commonwealth Captives? (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14493-commonwealth-captives/)

i do not think the locations it uses are the same as the ones from this mod, but i find it helps immersion.

10 hours ago, valcon767 said:

have you looked at Commonwealth Captives? (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14493-commonwealth-captives/)

i do not think the locations it uses are the same as the ones from this mod, but i find it helps immersion.

Yes, i mentioned C_captive but i don't think they use the same devices (hydro-pillory...) or you can run an aaf scene on them before they exit the furniture. That would be a good addition to it @EgoBallistic

On 2/24/2024 at 12:18 PM, Spyder Arachnid said:

I've always wanted to try this, but the thing that is stopping me is the whole "teleport to a random location" bit.

Is there a way to have it... well... not do that?

I like the idea of the bound in public, I just don't like the idea of being teleported away to a random location. Especially if I haven't been there before/haven't discovered it yet. Just really (hate to say it) "immersion breaking" to just get teleported somewhere random instead of at the current location. I mean, if I'm out fighting a bunch of raiders in the middle of downtown Boston, I don't want to all the sudden be teleported to Lexington. It's just... weird.

So is it possible to not have the whole teleport bit and instead just have it at your current location? Cause that is the only thing keeping me from trying this out.

I get what you are saying, I was hoping that DC security would do it on the stage if you were caught stealing instead of dying in a hail of bullets or settlers would use it to punish you if the settlement happiness drops too low.  I love the mod but, yeah, it would make more sense to be near where you were being held/captured.

14 hours ago, Umbopo65 said:

I get what you are saying, I was hoping that DC security would do it on the stage if you were caught stealing instead of dying in a hail of bullets or settlers would use it to punish you if the settlement happiness drops too low.  I love the mod but, yeah, it would make more sense to be near where you were being held/captured.

ObjectReference provides a "GetDistance()" method, but I'm not sure how well it works for something like this.

(Maybe interiors and worldspaces each need a list of "nearby" places? This might be some sort of hard coded "binary search"? - if so, locations created in mods would need some kind of patch, and I am not sure how that would be organized.)

I have been playing for a while now and I have still not had this quest trigger. I did fire it off manually to make sure it was working and no issues.

How often does this trigger and under what circumstances? I did a search and I can see from the comments Violate has a non-MCM chance. Apparently Harassment is fairly hit and miss too.

Edited by Ichabod
16 hours ago, Ichabod said:

I have been playing for a while now and I have still not had this quest trigger. I did fire it off manually to make sure it was working and no issues.

How often does this trigger and under what circumstances? I did a search and I can see from the comments Violate has a non-MCM chance. Apparently Harassment is fairly hit and miss too.

I wish I could offer any meaningful advise, load order is my usual 'go to' a bit of experimenting.  Give it a higher percentage in MCM and maybe reinstall.  Sorry that's all I have, all I know is, it wasn't working, now it is. Good luck.

How often does this trigger and under what circumstances?

This mod will not trigger such events without some other mod to kick things off.

For example, if you have SexHarrassment installed, it can trigger when you made a "friendly" harrasser (a fan or a hypnotist) mad. Once they are mad, that can continue in further encounters.

(So you need to play dominant and cruel and still have some way of accepting their advances. Maybe you could try a bipolar pattern? (And beware that once things start failing events can snowball so they are effectively game-ending - you might need to change probabilities drastically if you want to continue playing after that).)

Edited by sen4mi

You can set Violate to hand off to BiP up to 100% via the MCM setting.

Sexual Harassment has a setting/s to trigger BiP as a punishment for insulting/resisting NPC's. Again in the MCM settings. This "usually triggers on the 2nd time the same NPC is denied their "fun". But there's other cases it will tirgger if the NPC is bad enough.

"You can set Violate to hand off to BiP up to 100% via the MCM setting.

Sexual Harassment has a setting/s to trigger BiP as a punishment for insulting/resisting NPC's. Again in the MCM settings."

Ah...

The MCM settings for those mods do not have any BiP option I can see. Probably not recognising it exists. I have the latest version of everything, so a reload or play with the load order is required. 

12 hours ago, Ichabod said:

Sexual Harassment has a setting/s to trigger BiP as a punishment for insulting/resisting NPC's. Again in the MCM settings."

Ah...

The MCM settings for those mods do not have any BiP option I can see. Probably not recognising it exists. I have the latest version of everything, so a reload or play with the load order is required. 

In Violate, BiP chance is listed under 'Bad Endings'

I found in my install, I have to have Bad Endings animations installed, and Bad Endings active. I set the 'Bad Endings' chance to 0, but at least having it active seems to allow BiP to fire.

19 hours ago, Ichabod said:

Ah...

Sexual Harassment - MCM - Misc - should be at the top

Provocative Perks - Homewrecker and Easy Prey perks can also trigger it (check its MCM and mod description to see how).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whenever I download torture devices to my mod folder while bound in public is also installed it causes a game crash. However, when only bound in public is activated the game runs fine only the animation has my character just standing in one place due to the absence of the torture devices. Is anyone else having this issue?

46 minutes ago, Warcry67 said:

Whenever I download torture devices to my mod folder while bound in public is also installed it causes a game crash. However, when only bound in public is activated the game runs fine only the animation has my character just standing in one place due to the absence of the torture devices. Is anyone else having this issue?

Verify you have installed/activated all required mods. Check your load order.

Fairly sure that’s a USER issue. 

ETA: RTFM on installing AAF mods. Is your AAF functioning correctly to start with?

Edited by UsernameTaken666

I realize this hasn't been updated in awhile but recently started a new playthrough of Fallout 4 (my previous was in 2017) and discovered this and some other interesting mods.

Some feedback on Bound in Public:

1. It should probably not use locations the player hasn't discovered yet as this seems to introduce some glitches (the time before anything starts to happen is 2-5 minutes and the "discovered" title never goes away)

2. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of animation variety for many of the "furniture" items used.  I know there's nothing the mod itself can do about that but...

3. I think there should also be a companion led rescue attempt (perhaps based on approval?) chance (not including dogmeat of course)

On 2/3/2024 at 12:39 AM, sen4mi said:

The mod also has an "Allow male" setting.

This setting is in the "Eligible NPCs" section, right above "Allow female"

I think you should change this setting from "ON" to "OFF".

Edit: but I guess this does not address the issue of what happens when there's no one near where you get bound.  For that, I think you would have to edit your copy of Scripts/Source/User/BIP/bip_boundMain.psc replacing the ActorBase properties with females (then recompiling in creation kit). You should be able to find =youtube tutorials on getting creation kit working, and on how to recompile scripts?

Hi, I am trying to recompile the bip_boundMain.psc source script like you suggested, but it always fails with these errors:

workshopobjectscript.psc(824,14): script property bRestrained already has a get function defined
workshopobjectscript.psc(824,14): script property bRestrained already defined
workshopobjectscript.psc(824,14): script variable ::bRestrained_var already defined

Without any modification it fails the same way. Do you know what might have caused this?