Mod Manager for Sexlab

I'm wondering what might be the best/ideal mod manager to use for Sexlab and other mods posted on this site. I know for Sexout they mentioned FOMM but I haven't seen mention on what to use for Sexlab besides reading something about not using Nexus.

Help would be greatly appricated.

I'd also recommend Mod Organizer. It's so awesome. Not only for Sex Lab, but also as an overall mod managing tool. And no, I'm not one of the developers that want to promote MO. I've been using Wrye Bash since Oblivion and just recently switched to MO. And didn't regret that a single second.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK

Is a very good video series tutorial made by Gopher which covers everything from basic to more advanced knowledge.

Wrye Bash or Mod Organiser.

Both require reading and research to use, and a majority of the "Help Me" threads for Skyrim, Sexlab, and Sexlab based Mods are the User missing a step in the Installation process.

We criticise NMM because allowing Your Mod Manager to automatically install an updated Mod seems like a good idea, but can cause problems when a file gets overwritten, and allowing a Website free unrestricted access to Your PC is not a good idea.

Mod Organizer seems so good and clever. But I could never get it to consistently work. I have retreated to NMM and backups. It may be rubbish, but it's rubbish that works for me.

You just need to ask questions. If I'm not around, someone is always able to answer questions in my absence.

Mod Organizer is all you'll ever need. :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

I must be doing something right with NMM - it NEVER up-dates any of my mods automatically.  It just notifies me when up-dates are available.

still using nmm too. works fine. does shit. works with everything i drag drop on it.

There are several advantages to using Mod Organizer over NMM. You never have to reinstall Skyrim because my Data directory gets all hosed up. You can have multiple profiles each with different mod load outs including different body styles and texture packs. You can test new versions of mods without having to guinea pig them on your favourite mod load out. You can run things like LOOT, GenerateFNISforUsers, Bodyslide2 right from the main page once you get them setup. It's just so much more malleable than NMM.

NMM works well enough. But it's pretty limited in what it can do.

There are several advantages to using Mod Organizer over NMM. You never have to reinstall Skyrim because my Data directory gets all hosed up. You can have multiple profiles each with different mod load outs including different body styles and texture packs. You can test new versions of mods without having to guinea pig them on your favourite mod load out. You can run things like LOOT, GenerateFNISforUsers, Bodyslide2 right from the main page once you get them setup. It's just so much more malleable than NMM.

perhaps. having never used MO, i'd still have to fully reinstall skyrim to have a clean on to start over with. that alone is enough meh to keep me going in my current direction.

does MO magically handle nexus links? because i do enjoy my click installs from nexus. then i just drag drop loverslab downloads on top.

perhaps. having never used MO, i'd still have to fully reinstall skyrim to have a clean on to start over with. that alone is enough meh to keep me going in my current direction.

does MO magically handle nexus links? because i do enjoy my click installs from nexus. then i just drag drop loverslab downloads on top.

You can absolutely do that to start with a clean install.

Yep, MO does magically handle nexus links. It's pretty sweet! If you're serious about making the switch to MO, go to YouTube and do a search on Mod Organizer. Michael from GamerPoets and Gopher have some really awesome vids on setting up and using MO.

You can absolutely do that to start with a clean install.

Yep, MO does magically handle nexus links. It's pretty sweet! If you're serious about making the switch to MO, go to YouTube and do a search on Mod Organizer. Michael from GamerPoets and Gopher have some really awesome vids on setting up and using MO.

oi. so i installed a 2nd copy of skyrim all clean... trying MO... god help me, this is a serious program! my only complaint so far is i cant drag drop zip files onto it... but im also still in the tutorial.

[update] i did just run into an issue. creationkit. it can't build my scripts against anything now that they aren't actually in the game directory.

• 2 weeks later...

oi. so i installed a 2nd copy of skyrim all clean... trying MO... god help me, this is a serious program! my only complaint so far is i cant drag drop zip files onto it... but im also still in the tutorial.

[update] i did just run into an issue. creationkit. it can't build my scripts against anything now that they aren't actually in the game directory.

It's a known issue. You need to run CK outside of MO to compile scripts (mod files in data). You can still use CK+MO to make followers and stuff, but making a script mod is out for MO. This issue is known, and is being addressed, and hopefully...resolved {crosses fingers}

With CK+MO, exporting meshes/textures leaves the files in the Overwrite folder. Very f***ing convenient, if you ask me. ;) I dislike searching through my data folder for those files.

Did you try it? Does it work? :huh:

It WORKS!!!!!!!

Edited source and compiled PEX file end up in the correct MO \mods\modname folders with the mod and not the Overwrite folder.

I DIDN'T install the Windows kit as noted though, I ran a search and found the Corflags.exe file in the Papyrus Data Transfer folder and used that copy which also means its possible that the licensing for that exe allows it to be bundled so it could be added to the MO install package and run as a part of the MO install.

wasn't hard to get MO to work with CK or any other compiler issues before, just add the path to required scripts/source folder to your compilers arguments to your compiler's .bat file arguments. Been using them together fine without issue for a long time now.

Nothing mysterious about it, open the default compiler bat file, see the folders it's including with the -i argument is just the default skyrim /data/scripts/source folder, add mod organizer ones after it.

Or if you're a true proper Gentlemen and/or Lady and not some philistine who does their scripting with the CK; use SublimeText, install the Papyrus package, alter the Papyrus.sublime-build file to your needs by including ModOrganizer folders the same way you do in bat file. My Papyrus.sublime-build for example is 

{
	"cmd": [
		"C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\Papyrus Compiler\\PapyrusCompiler.exe",
		"$file",
		"-op",
		"-f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg",
		"-i=C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\Data\\Scripts\\Source;C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\Data\\Scripts\\Source\\Dawnguard;C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\ModOrganizer\\mods\\SexLab Framework\\scripts\\Source;C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\ModOrganizer\\mods\\SexLab - Aroused\\scripts\\source;C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\ModOrganizer\\mods\\FNIS Behavior\\scripts\\source;C:\\Games\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\ModOrganizer\\mods\\NetImmerse Override\\Scripts\\Source;$file_path",
		"-o=$file_path\\..\\"
	],
	"file_regex": "(^.*\\.psc)\\(([0-9]*),([0-9]*)\\)",
	"selector": "source.papyrus"
}

The "cmd" block is the exact same as editing the default bat file, just in JSON format instead. I just add more source folders as I need them to the -i argument.

Or if you're a true proper Gentlemen and/or Lady and not some philistine who does their scripting with the CK

..."and/or"? :D Anyway, no need to worry. No scripting here. My papyrus hasn't been able to compile in ages...

I mostly just wanted to give people a better answer than "doesn't work, do it outside of MO". I'll edit MO's OP tomorrow. I have a few changes I need to make.

And thank you. ;)