If you did a reinstall and moved everything to MO then you need to go to documents/my games/Skyrim and delete that entire folder. You can run the vanilla launcher just once to generate a new one that is fresh and clean with all the old bugs gone.

With FNIS be sure that the generated files are going into the "overwrite" folder at the bottom of the left pane.

reinstalled skyrim, activated my mods ran FNIS still t posing. But atleast creatures are fine now.

Found the cause and manually installing xp32's animation pack fixed the t pose problem.

Fixing that Issue created another, made Chesko's Belt Quiver mod and XPMS skeleton screw up the game making it CTD, but some reordering and deactivating and reactivating mods fixed that.

No more issue's I now have all my mods working with MO. Though looking through the data tab mentions conflicts but they dont affect the game so alls good.

Update: Plenty of good things going on right now. New version in the making, the dl from LL using MO thing is pretty much 'Official' at this point (won't need ashal unless you must have update notifications), and a known "bug" for FNIS+MO is being addressed. The "bug" is just an error that doesn't actually mess anything up.

Lots of work behind the scenes. I have more ideas too, but they'll require a team for sure. Basically referring to CK and Wrye Bash on that one. An awesome Mega-MO could be the result, but I cannot speak for Tannin, or anyone else on the Official MO team. Just know that MO is progressing, and may soon have some awesome new features.

I take into account all reported issues and suggestions, and send reports to Tannin, so if there are concerns, suggestions, or (reasonable) requests, post them. Just please keep in mind that he's super-duper busy, so don't expect requested features or bug fixes to be added overnight. This is why I put the word "reasonable" right before the word "requests" above.

@Uhuru: Some damn fine support on Nexus, bro. Wish I knew MO like you :blush:. Keep it up! I look at some of your responses like "Daaaamn...". :D You guys are awesome!

For all you XP users: XP does have an issue or 2 with MO. It is being addressed, but no promises, as XP is an unsupported OS, and Tannin understandably does not desire to add support for a dead OS. That doesn't mean he won't support it, but again, I cannot speak for him, or his awesome team.

As it turns out, he was uninformed of XP issues, and is just now looking into it. Had I known that, I would have mentioned it much sooner. I've seen reports that MO works fine with XP, which is why I thought they had no issues with each other, so apologies for saying "MO works fine with XP".

That said, please report all XP issues. Tannin would prefer them to sent to the issue tracker, but if posted here, I will be certain to let him know.

I repeat, Tannin would prefer them to be sent to the issue tracker. I will inform him of XP issues if they are posted here.

Long live MO!! :lol: 

Well I don't have to deal with XP no more since I just got Windows 7 Ultimate. Seriously nothing now is supporting XP, nearly every program gets errors saying something's missing or whatever. I tried playing a game that I really wanted to with 7, and it works perfectly, no errors. So XP is dead now, everyone should really switch no matter how much they're attached to it...

Well I don't have to deal with XP no more since I just got Windows 7 Ultimate. Seriously nothing now is supporting XP, nearly every program gets errors saying something's missing or whatever. I tried playing a game that I really wanted to with 7, and it works perfectly, no errors. So XP is dead now, everyone should really switch no matter how much they're attached to it...

I've played game for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and W7 all on Windows7 with no issues whatsoever. I still love W7, it's hard to beat.

I've played game for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and W7 all on Windows7 with no issues whatsoever. I still love W7, it's hard to beat.

Well I have a pretty old cumputer and I like to play newer games, and I only have about 3 GB of ram. That could be another reason I was getting many errors. There's alot of programs now that don't support XP anymore (like video editing ones I use) and I like to upgrade my stuff, not downgrade. So I wasn't able to do much on XP. So you know that saying "step on crack, break momma's back"? Well I stepped on a "crack", and it broke Windows 7 back instead... if you catch my drift.

Awefularchdemon, you asked for it... :D

Current Issue:

Work being done on the installer side of a profile and the user decides it is good. Then has to implement these changes to each and every profile. If you have a lot of profiles .. that can take a lot of time...

Current process:

There is a basic backup system. One can go back and restore the various backups for THAT profile only. Useful during development of the proper overwriteing and order of the install but not useful for the implementation across potentially dozens of profles or more. To do that someone would have to manually drag and drop the desired file into the proper profiles.

Suggestion:

A manual profile install backup. One can then create install backups and then from any other profile restore that setting. Useful for those users which have various settings say for a theif, Wizzard etc. These would hold all the activated mods and the exact order. One can create as many "profile saves" as desired to cover all the install orders and activated mods they desire.

Create a new profile, select the saved installed and activated settings, make few small tweaks for this play, run FNIS and go.

Current Issue:

Work being done on the installer side of a profile and the user decides it is good. Then has to implement these changes to each and every profile. If you have a lot of profiles .. that can take a lot of time...

Current process:

There is a basic backup system. One can go back and restore the various backups for THAT profile only. Useful during development of the proper overwriteing and order of the install but not useful for the implementation across potentially dozens of profles or more. To do that someone would have to manually drag and drop the desired file into the proper profiles.

Suggestion:

A manual profile install backup. One can then create install backups and then from any other profile restore that setting. Useful for those users which have various settings say for a theif, Wizzard etc. These would hold all the activated mods and the exact order. One can create as many "profile saves" as desired to cover all the install orders and activated mods they desire.

Create a new profile, select the saved installed and activated settings, make few small tweaks for this play, run FNIS and go.

Awefularchdemon

Man, why does the 'E' key have to be right next to the 'W' key? :P

Anyway, you want a profile backup system? Would this not be the same thing as creating a profile, activating and sorting mods as needed, saving it, making another profile, importing the current settings (simple as one tick of a box), and then using that one? Or just making a profile, copying the profile itself, and tucking it away somewhere?

First option takes no work, but leaves a second profile in MO. The second takes a little bit of work, but leaves no second profile.

I only ask these things because they're the kind of questions I may get when running this by Tannin. So it's up to you to have my rebuttal ready for him. ;)

However! This type of thing may not be hard at all. A couple minor adjustments to MO's code (not hard to have MO make a copy of a profile and direct it to a Backup folder), and a modorganizer.ini tweak, and done. Hopefully...

In fact, someone here may be able to make a plugin for that. A very "specific" someone (you know who you are ;) Clue: Computer Generated Imaging :D).

Guest corespore

Alright so i have an update for installing UI mods for FalloutNV.

I was having issues getting display icons for misc mods such as night-vision and handheld flashlights showing up on the H.U.D.

To fix this i installed UIO, and MCM manually.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57174/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42507/?

I installed Darnified UI via MO, after making adjustments ti .ini files of course, and it worked perfectly.

I am having an issues with the texts in MCM clipping a bit but it works now so I'm happy.

I gave up on Darnified's UI. Maybe not, now. Thanks, corespore. I was starting to think it was impossible to get that thing to work, but this was before I had MO, and before I really understood modding. Could have been my own fault. :P

If you figure out the clipping thing, let me know. This is one small step closer to getting the thread moved to General, and one step closer to me overhauling the OP to reflect that it's not just a Skyrim thread.

Keep it up, fellas!

Current Issue:

Current process:

Suggestion:

Awefularchdemon

Man, why does the 'E' key have to be right next to the 'W' key? :P

Anyway, you want a profile backup system? Would this not be the same thing as creating a profile, activating and sorting mods as needed, saving it, making another profile, importing the current settings (simple as one tick of a box), and then using that one? Or just making a profile, copying the profile itself, and tucking it away somewhere?

First option takes no work, but leaves a second profile in MO. The second takes a little bit of work, but leaves no second profile.

I only ask these things because they're the kind of questions I may get when running this by Tannin. So it's up to you to have my rebuttal ready for him. ;)

However! This type of thing may not be hard at all. A couple minor adjustments to MO's code (not hard to have MO make a copy of a profile and direct it to a Backup folder), and a modorganizer.ini tweak, and done. Hopefully...

In fact, someone here may be able to make a plugin for that. A very "specific" someone (you know who you are ;) Clue: Computer Generated Imaging :D).

My hands were cold so they don't work so well ..

Anyway.

Anyway, you want a profile backup system? Would this not be the same thing as creating a profile,

No. That isn't what I was commenting on...

One can go back and restore the various backups for THAT profile only. Useful during development of the proper overwriting and order of the install but not useful for the implementation across potentially dozens of profiles or more.

See when you set up a perfect profile with all the proper overwrites you then have to go through and do the same to each one. You can't have 5, 10, 15 profiles running and add a few mods to them change the order and have it across all the profiles. That is unless you go through each one. The process you mention is great for new profiles being created but not for changing orders of the old profiles.

However! This type of thing may not be hard at all. A couple minor adjustments to MO's code

That is the reason I suggested it. Some simple code that allows a more universal profile(s) where you can restore a profile order in any profile you choose. When you do some great profile work add some mods and finally fix some conflict issue to your satisfaction you won't have to go through the 10's of profiles to get the mods in the proper order. An added benefit is you can just create a profile and then apply the back up to this profile for the order you desire.

Aaaah, I see now. I seem to misunderstand the first time you say something, and then totally get it the second time you say it. :angel:

Will be in the next report. I promise it won't take as long as my last report, as I am in contact with Him more often. Should be more like tomorrow (today...it's 12:55am :P).

@corespore: Damn! That was fast! ^_^ If I can possibly find the time, I'll just get the thread moved tomorrow, and add some F3/FNV and Obl basics to the OP. I wouldn't mind uploading that fix of yours there, if that's okay with you. I got about a million things going on right now (all MO-related in some way), but I just want to get the 'move' over with so it's done.

Time to embrace Fallout and Oblivion. :sleepy: The thread will still ending up being mostly about Skyrim anyway, since it's the newest Beth game.

I have to second a method to make all current Profiles easier to update. I have a CBBE Profile, a UNP Profile, a UNPB Profile, and a Dreamgirl Profile, two testing Profiles, and a Vanilla Profile. Four of My Profiles use the same Mods, but I use Default as My Profile for playing Skyrim. When I switch to a different Profile I often spend a half Hour moving and updating.

My profiles folder is looking pretty clean right about now. I have 6, and my default is...default. Nothing active. 3 of my profiles are entirely expendable. I rarely do anything more than test SD+ anymore anyway. Yup, I'm STILL an SD tester :D. Must be going on a full year now.

I agree it would be very convenient to make a "true backup" of the profiles. But let's get this current situation of mine handled first. Since it involves FNIS (don't ask), this feature may wanna wait a sec first, so the new Version From Heaven will be fully prepared for the addition.

FNIS leaves files in the Overwrite folder. Maybe that can be rectified? (not the situation I mentioned, but it's on the list of things I hope to see).

My fear is that a special version of FNIS itself would need to become a part of MO, or at least a small "portion" of FNIS' code may need to be implemented to MO, so generated files could be sent to the intended folder in FNIS (whether FNIS is installed manually or not, which is the tricky part), instead of being redirected to the Overwrite folder as a result of files trying to go to the 'Data' folder.

Siiiiiiiiiiigh...I haven't even mentioned that part to them yet :(. They're just gonna love it when I open my big mouth again :D.

My profiles folder is looking pretty clean right about now. I have 6, and my default is...default. Nothing active. 3 of my profiles are entirely expendable. I rarely do anything more than test SD+ anymore anyway. Yup, I'm STILL an SD tester :D. Must be going on a full year now.

I agree it would be very convenient to make a "true backup" of the profiles. But let's get this current situation of mine handled first. Since it involves FNIS (don't ask), this feature may wanna wait a sec first, so the new Version From Heaven will be fully prepared for the addition.

FNIS leaves files in the Overwrite folder. Maybe that can be rectified? (not the situation I mentioned, but it's on the list of things I hope to see).

My fear is that a special version of FNIS itself would need to become a part of MO, or at least a small "portion" of FNIS' code may need to be implemented to MO, so generated files could be sent to the intended folder in FNIS (whether FNIS is installed manually or not, which is the tricky part), instead of being redirected to the Overwrite folder as a result of files trying to go to the 'Data' folder.

Siiiiiiiiiiigh...I haven't even mentioned that part to them yet :(. They're just gonna love it when I open my big mouth again :D.

I agree with having FNIS Output being placed into a "Mod" named after the Profile it is being run in.

Who is "them". Tannin, me, both?  :)

Both. It'd need to be a joint effort...far as I know. Unless of course you wanna make a MO version of FNIS? One that sends generated info to a specific folder?

I have to second a method to make all current Profiles easier to update. I have a CBBE Profile, a UNP Profile, a UNPB Profile, and a Dreamgirl Profile, two testing Profiles, and a Vanilla Profile. Four of My Profiles use the same Mods, but I use Default as My Profile for playing Skyrim. When I switch to a different Profile I often spend a half Hour moving and updating.

Exactly. This is the reason I suggested this. I don't currently have special profiles and setups. I can do like most and just copy the profile and be done with it. However in the future I will have issues as I explore more of Skyrim's option not to mention it is a must for me and Fallout. ( I don't even want to get into how this is necessary for Oblivion.. Dam if you would have to patch 23 different profiles after getting them sorted)

Now as I understand it. Mo will place any files into the original mod provided those files are already there. Correct. Like BS. Now if it is possible to have a empty files and or folders etc ready for MO to replace the generated files wouldn't that work? No need for different FNIS? Even if not currently that would perhaps be easier to implement change wise into MO than an entire sub program to do the same task.. correct? Not to mention be easier on both Tannin and Fore if this is the case.

Wow. Talking about Profiles.

A strange thing occurs now. I have one profile that works with FNIS. Just fine. No problems. A new profile which I copied from Default won't...

That's right. For some reason I get the "This application could not be started".. Something about a Shim error fro the .NET framework.

Before you state check the FNIS settings in that profile.. (even though I thought those were universal) I have.

It ends up being something as simple as that Mod entry wasn't activated. / checked. LOL

corespore, that problem of yours will occur even if you don't remove a profile. In this version it seems that making file adjustments in profiles will also make moving mods by dragging not work. In my case, it was the saves folder I messed with. I used Skyrim Save Cleaner (finally), and that was the result for me.