ok, here is what I did, written up as a mini-instruction:

- Install Skyrim (not in a default folder, not in Programs, ideally on another logical drive, such as D:\Games\Skyrim for example)

- Install Patches

- Install Mod Organiser in a totally separate folder, for example D:\Applications\Mod_Organiser

- Install SKSE in Skyrim main folder, i.e. in our example D:\Games\Skyrim

- Run MO, it will recognise Skyrim and Skyrim Launcher and SKSE

- Install BOSS in a totally different folder, for example D:\Applications\Boss

- Add BOSS as an executable to MO (instructions here: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs), point to the BOSS executable in our example above, D:\Applications\Boss\BOSS.exe

For some reason, downloading mods through MO from Nexus doesn't work for me anymore, so visit

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/

and download the FNIS files, and store them in a folder. I keep a mod archive folder on my harddisk.

- Then add the FNIS mods in MO. I add FNIS behavior, FNIS creatures and FNIS spells.

The import procedure will often ask you to set the data folder manually and tell you "no game data on top level", because MO for some reason doesn't scan archives for a data folder. click around in the window until you locate the data folder and then right-click on that folder and select "set as data folder" and you will probably get "looks good". Confirm the installation.

- Important: don't forget to check the boxes in the left panel to activate the mods, otherwise the executables will not turn up in the folders (which are virtual, and only get populated if the corresponding mods are activated)

- Then go to the "data" tab in the right panel in MO, locate the tools directory and then the executable "Generate FNIS for users".

Right click on it and select "add as an executable".

- Then Run "Generate FNIS for users"

at this point, I already have a warning because of stuff in the "overwrite" folder, which was created by FNIS.

I read some posts above about the overwrite folder and making mods out of it, but can anyone explain what it means and what I should do with these files? my guess is that many of these files in the overwrite folder will be overwritten again with something else.

ok, I add some more info to the above steps.

SKY UI will possibly complain about not seeing SKSE - just ignore and install anyway, it will be fine.

Some mods will not add any game data  (meshes/textures etc.) and MO will mark them in the mod list with a red square with a white X inside. for these, make sure you install them in the correct directory (create directories if necessary), then force install ignoring warnings.

Once installed, right-click on the mod in the list and select "ignore missing data" to activate the mod.

This is the case for example for Bodyslide2.

Still for Bodyslide2, it will not be able to save slider presets inside the correct folder, probably due to windows not seeing the virtual folder. it will throw an error "no other files are present" or similar.

What I did is save the file to the desktop and then copy it manually to the folder in mod_organiser/mods/bodyslide2 and outfit studio/SliderPresets

I don't know if outfit studio works or not, but since I can batch build outfits from bodyslide2, I don't really need it for now.

I also had issues with racemenu and ECE - I don't know which issues exactly, I have removed and reinstalled these mods a few times and then it suddenly worked. Sorry, I have no specific method for these.

Then there is a specific order to follow everytime new animations are added, or everytime you want to change the body or bady textures or want to adapt armor through bodyslide:

- first, install any extra animations you want

- then any body textures

- make sure your skeleton is toward the end of the mod list, I keep mine always at the end

- then run FNIS

- then run bodyslide, possibly a first time for outfits, then run it again for bodies

voilà, your game should work.

About Schlongs Of Skyrim - I found that in most cases when the game loads first, Schlongs are all bent to the right. I don't know why it happens, but using the new feature "restart SOS" from the SOS menu corrected that bug every time.

I have seen this happen only when using MO.

somehow estrus chaurus takes a very long time to install, I have the feeling it only does so after zaz animations have been registered in-game for their menu

ok, so much for now about quirks and tricks using MO, will report back when I got more info.

Your SOS issue has not been reported before, as far as I know. Anything unusual about your installation ("no data on top level", manually rearranging files, etc)?

Estrus Chaurus does take time to install, and sometimes extra measures are needed to get it to register. That's not a MO issue.

I'll always recommend running Outfit Studio and Bodyslide 2 outside of MO.

If I were you, I'd just install MO, BOSS, and SKSE in the Skyrim folder.

About your first question (which I totally missed),  'overwrite' can be created as a mod (as you know), and FNIS is the program will be found in that folder the most, but if you don't run it, no files will generate in there. Making a mod out of FNIS is pointless if you will be installing a lot of different animation mods that require FNIS to run, since you'll be generating new files all time with every run. I don't install mods anymore. Skyrim is the way I want it now, so I just made FNIS a mod and left it alone.

Now the only only thing I need to look in my data folder for is my bashed patches, since I've been messing with WryeBash a lot, and my new mods, since I've been nailing CK hard lately and constantly making mods (modded for 5 hours strait last night).

Your SOS issue has not been reported before, as far as I know. Anything unusual about your installation ("no data on top level", manually rearranging files, etc)?

Estrus Chaurus does take time to install, and sometimes extra measures are needed to get it to register. That's not a MO issue.

I'll always recommend running Outfit Studio and Bodyslide 2 outside of MO.

If I were you, I'd just install MO, BOSS, and SKSE in the Skyrim folder.

About your first question (which I totally missed),  'overwrite' can be created as a mod (as you know), and FNIS is the program will be found in that folder the most, but if you don't run it, no files will generate in there. Making a mod out of FNIS is pointless if you will be installing a lot of different animation mods that require FNIS to run, since you'll be generating new files all time with every run. I don't install mods anymore. Skyrim is the way I want it now, so I just made FNIS a mod and left it alone.

Now the only only thing I need to look in my data folder for is my bashed patches, since I've been messing with WryeBash a lot, and my new mods, since I've been nailing CK hard lately and constantly making mods (modded for 5 hours strait last night).

Nothing unusual about my install, I think.

It just happens sometimes, usually when starting the game or when loading a previous save.

In that case, I just restart SOS and wait for some minutes after the reschlongified message.

If I don't wait, it is possible that NPCs don't get their schlongs.

I installed MO, Bodyslide2/Outfit and BOSS outside of Skyrim, only SKSE inside.

MO didn't recognize BOSS when I placed it inside the Skyrim folder or the data folder (both non-virtual).

Although I ran Bodyslide2 from within MO (after adding it as an executable), I could not save the preset. Can anyone reproduce this?

Overwrite... I'll touch it when I will need other profiles for playing. For now, I just try to get a good mix of mods up and running.

And I'd also like to add my thanks to the creators of these awesome mods and apps that turn Skyrim into a very sexy game, LOL.

I installed MO, Bodyslide2/Outfit and BOSS outside of Skyrim, only SKSE inside.

MO didn't recognize BOSS when I placed it inside the Skyrim folder or the data folder (both non-virtual).

You installed BOSS in your Skyrim directory and MO wouldn't run it? It should have worked just fine. I don't use BOSS much, if ever, so I didn't have it in my newest MO exe's yet. I just added the binary now and it recognized it right away.

Don't put BOSS in the data folder. Always try to keep your data folder as clean as possible. (that's what MO is for ;))

Does anyone know (I couldn't find this specifically) if MO can handle those annoying NMM-install packages?  I really want my UNPB Redux and UNP Clothing/Texture/Armor replacers, but I'm not sure they'll work with MO.

Yes, they usually do work with MO.

Sometimes though, you still have to create the correct install paths when installing

Does anyone know (I couldn't find this specifically) if MO can handle those annoying NMM-install packages?  I really want my UNPB Redux and UNP Clothing/Texture/Armor replacers, but I'm not sure they'll work with MO.

If memory serves me correctly you can install the mods through NMM if needed. These files would end up in the overwrite folder where you can then make a MO mods out if it. Perhaps someone here can confirm this for you. I haven't use NMM in soooooooooo verrrrrrryyyyy Loooonnnnnngggg. :D

If memory serves me correctly you can install the mods through NMM if needed. These files would end up in the overwrite folder where you can then make a MO mods out if it. Perhaps someone here can confirm this for you. I haven't use NMM in soooooooooo verrrrrrryyyyy Loooonnnnnngggg. :D

Yeah, you can install UNPB with MO. And LSAR, XPMS skeleton and others using that installation menu system.

Great. Then follow the MO instructions and attempt to install the mods first using MO, if needed customize the installation through MO. Only after MO has been proven not to work use NMM through MO. (start NMM.exe using MO) and install it that way. Use Create Mod to make a mod out of the Overwrite folder after first making sure there wasn't anything in that folder before you loaded the mod with issues through NMM.

Again I must Emphasise for Non Sex Mods Although AwfulArchDemon does an exellent Job The Official Forums on STEP

Mod Organizer Official Support Forums

Not that you won't be helped here or on Nexus but the real drawback with these one thread Sopport topics is answers are soon buried pages deep so no longer get read. So the same questions are repeatedly asked and answered, again and again.

It's even worse on Nexus, I know I'm one of the ones who used to answer the same questions on Nexus. On STEP the Mod Organizer Support is a Multi-Page, Multi-Threaded System which, on its own, vastly improves support.

Combined with, the fact that, all the most experienced Mod Organizer users and advisors are on Official Forums. Plus, STEP now officially recommends Mod Organizer as the only mod manager to use for STEP with Wrye Bash now only still used to make a Bashed Patch,

Also, Skyrim Revisited (a Spin off on STEP that is the most detailed and technical Mod Install Guide ever Made) always used Mod Organizer exclusively.

All these facts, make STEP modders, some of the most knowledgable and thorough modders out there, as a group they are unmatched.

So having said that, this thread must be pointless.

Not at all, but it (Or a New one) should be for LoversLab's Non-Nexus Mods, not because you won't be helped on Official Forum, but because for LoversLab Mods this forums knowledge is superior to STEP users, most of them will never use Sex Mods, so are unable to pass on Knowlegdge they have not gained.

Simply put go where the collective knowledge is best.

STEP is for Rising the Mod Organized Stairs only use LoversLab for Rising the Mod Organized Schlongs.

@ AwfulArchDemon, ritualclarity and anyone else trying to Help others, I'm not implying your knowledge is lacking, just that all advisors benefit by pooling their Knowledge and Resourses. No-one knows it all, certainly not me (99% but not 100%). Even when you do know, another way of explaining will work better, for some readers.

The usual Problem of posts getting buried pages deep affects all but First post. So feel free to add some of this to First Post if you think it useful to do so.

Again I must Emphasise for Non Sex Mods Although AwfulArchDemon does an exellent Job The Official Forums on STEP

Mod Organizer Official Support Forums

Not that you won't be helped here or on Nexus but the real drawback with these one thread Sopport topics is answers are soon buried pages deep so no longer get read. So the same questions are repeatedly asked and answered, again and again.

It's even worse on Nexus, I know I'm one of the ones who used to answer the same questions on Nexus. On STEP the Mod Organizer Support is a Multi-Page, Multi-Threaded System which, on its own, vastly improves support.

Combined with, the fact that, all the most experienced Mod Organizer users and advisors are on Official Forums. Plus, STEP now officially recommends Mod Organizer as the only mod manager to use for STEP with Wrye Bash now only still used to make a Bashed Patch,

Also, Skyrim Revisited (a Spin off on STEP that is the most detailed and technical Mod Install Guide ever Made) always used Mod Organizer exclusively.

All these facts, make STEP modders, some of the most knowledgable and thorough modders out there, as a group they are unmatched.

So having said that, this thread must be pointless.

Not at all, but it (Or a New one) should be for LoversLab's Non-Nexus Mods, not because you won't be helped on Official Forum, but because for LoversLab Mods this forums knowledge is superior to STEP users, most of them will never use Sex Mods, so are unable to pass on Knowlegdge they have not gained.

Simply put go where the collective knowledge is best.

STEP is for Rising the Mod Organized Stairs only use LoversLab for Rising the Mod Organized Schlongs.

@ AwfulArchDemon, ritualclarity and anyone else trying to Help others, I'm not implying your knowledge is lacking, just that all advisors benefit by pooling their Knowledge and Resourses. No-one knows it all, certainly not me (99% but not 100%). Even when you do know, another way of explaining will work better, for some readers.

The usual Problem of posts getting buried pages deep affects all but First post. So feel free to add some of this to First Post if you think it useful to do so.

You make it sound like MO is an intrincate and difficult tool to use. If any, it's MO itself that could use some improvements to make it even easier (why not a 'Profile Data' folder instead of an 'Overwrite' folder, or why naming 'conflict' when a file in a mod is overwrited by another mod, etc. etc.) When someone goes over these first missunderstandings, MO is quite simple and I think nobody here minds to answer the same questions diferent times when it comes to more advanced features, such is a live community when what matters it's the current problem and the conversation is live and open. Also, I think the average user here is much more advanced than the nexus user, I think here we tend to use nexus as just as the resource library. I personally used STEP many times to illustrate novice people that just comes from nexus and doesn't even know how to propertly set their enblocal or their video drivers, or most complex things, so I do think that the OP could use a STEP link if doesnt have it already, at least for more documentation.

Uhuru N'Uru

You are correct as always. :)

The Step Forum is the best forum for definitive answers to all questions on mods not created on LL. Hands down. I know there are active members there that are not only willing to help but extremely knowledgeable to boot. That is the reason I have many links to STEPS in my sig. One even is to the "Official LL Thread" (located here) that you are OP of. If you know of a few more that might be useful feel free to let me know. That goes for anybody here. (keep in mind space restraints..lol).

Anyone that reads this thread for info on how to should read all relevant data on STEPS as well to obtain a true and proper opinion on what approach they should follow. This thread is more of a "Fan Site" thread with a little info and solutions that others have used. Think of it as sort of an corner get together with MO being the center of attention. Pictures, praises, and a bit of experiences mixed in for flavor.

On the side note. This thread helped me gain the confidence to actually use MO. Through this thread and some PM's I have discovered many, many different ways to get to the same goal and in turn gained a much deeper understanding of MO than most any other mod manager.

In case no one noticed it the first time, I've decided to put the 'Official support forum'  link on page 1 in large, obvious print.

@Uhuru N'Uru: If someone asks me a question here, I'll answer it. A redirect is not necessary when I've already pointed out the STEP forum on the 1st page. If they want to look there, all they have to do is click the link on page 1. If they'd like their questions answered without even leaving LL, that's why this thread is here.

As stated on the 1st page, I didn't see a MO thread here, so I started one. This thread blew up right away, so I turned into tech support here on LL. I'm proud to help with MO questions, and will continue to do so.

Also, as you said, most of the MO team does not use LL sex mods. I do. That said, this thread may actually have answers that the STEP forum doesn't. Since this thread is on LL, sex mod questions can be answered more specifically and freely here. If someone went to STEP and asked why Estrus Chaurus' menu isn't showing up right after switching to MO, what would you tell them?

I'm glad this thread is here, and I welcome questions and support. I don't think you want every single question that's been asked here to end up on STEP. 34 pages and counting.

I understand that STEP gives more technical answers, and also, I realize I'm not on the MO creation team, and I'm certain the creators on STEP know more about MO than me, but until someone asks me a question I can't answer, this is a fine place to get help. :sleepy:

If you see a question you know the answer to, feel free to give the answer. Most people just want their questions answered on the site they asked the question on.

So we're clear, STEP has a multi-thread system that makes questions easier to answer and categorize. It's true that many questions have been asked here more than once, because people don't want to look through 34 pages to find an answer.

It's also true that if you ask me a question about MO, I will answer it. Wherever you want to ask is fine. I'm here to help.

YAY MOD ORGANIZER!

Your friendly neighborhood MO support guy,

AwfulArchdemon

YOY MO!! No kidding. It just saved me a big freakin' headache. I was just wondering why a brand new character was getting a neck gap. So I looked in the left pane and saw the body mod was being overwritten. I checked what was overwriting what and found that Zaz Animation Pack, a mod used by a lot of LLers, overwrites the tri files for the head. So I merely moved Zaz above TopModel, giving TM priority in overwrites, and the problem was solved.

This would've been a big ol' pain in the posterior if I was using NMM or installing manually. I may have never found the problem actually.

SO YAY MO!! :lol:

I always repack. Strait to MO, baby! NMM is a distant memory to me. :angel:

You know what? I've been telling people I installed FNIS into Skyrim manually. And I thought I did. But today I noticed in my mods folder I keep that I repacked the FNIS mods and relabeled them with "MO" in the names....and I actually DID install them with Mod Organizer! :lol:

I'm a forgetful, old dumbass sometimes. :D

I have nothing useful to add here other than... I am ever so thankful I made the switch to MO. Death to NMM and corrupt files! 

Thank you guys for the support here and resources available for further assistance using MO. I have been recommending to everyone I find with the dreaded regular NMM related issues and overall Skyrim problems to do themselves the service and switch over. I am sure there will be even better advancements to MO in the future which will further reinforce the user base of this utility. And I say utility because it isn't just a file manager, its a utility tool with comprehensive data allowing a user to resolve almost all issues that surface. 

YAY MO!

im in absolute love with MO, after installed and learned how use (its a bit more complicated of using nmm , but nothing hard), i can have various profiles and ea one with the body i wanna, with the mods i wanna and if something goes horrible wrong my skyrim going still perfect like i just saved like default preset, just need remove the problematic mod or at worst case do a new preset and voilá all working again, i just wish that have a save path for ea profile, but i guess goes a impossible task to ask because if im right skyrim dnt allow that, but thats ok i just do saves with initial profile shortcut names, example using dreamgirl i just save DG_NameOfChar so with that will know the profile im using at that save.

im in absolute love with MO, after installed and learned how use (its a bit more complicated of using nmm , but nothing hard), i can have various profiles and ea one with the body i wanna, with the mods i wanna and if something goes horrible wrong my skyrim going still perfect like i just saved like default preset, just need remove the problematic mod or at worst case do a new preset and voilá all working again, i just wish that have a save path for ea profile, but i guess goes a impossible task to ask because if im right skyrim dnt allow that, but thats ok i just do saves with initial profile shortcut names, example using dreamgirl i just save DG_NameOfChar so with that will know the profile im using at that save.

You can keep two different save paths, can't you? I have MO keeping two seperate sets of saves right now.

MOCapture2.jpg

MoCapture1.jpg

All you have to do is hit the down arrow button (where you choose a profile), click on the < manage...> option then in that window you click a profile and make sure the "Local Gamesaves" option is checked.