Submit or Defeat?

Which one do you use?  

760 members have voted

1. 1. Submit or Defeat?

• Submit
    • Defeat
    • Both
    • Neither

Depends on what you want, Defeat is a better rape mod, Submit is surprisingly probably the best general sex mod for SL.

This. I use Defeat because it's rape focused, where Submit has other things, like dialogue which allows your character to persuade NPCs to sleep with them, that I'm not interested in.

But that's me. :)  I know there's quite a few people who use them together, though.

Depends on what you want, Defeat is a better rape mod, Submit is surprisingly probably the best general sex mod for SL.

This. I use Defeat because it's rape focused, where Submit has other things, like dialogue which allows your character to persuade NPCs to sleep with them, that I'm not interested in.

But that's me. :)  I know there's quite a few people who use them together, though.

Well, I don't use a single SexLab mod (because I don't play on my own PC), but assuming I have a PC of my own that can run Skyrim at recommended settings, I would use the Progressive Bondage version of Submit.

Had Defeat and Daymoyl instaled for a while, tried adding Submit but it didn't turn out very well. Never got to try it but based on descriptions it didn't seen like I would keep it anyways.

To me it's not even a decision between Defeat or Submit. It's just that Defeat is the top most combat rape oriented mod out there. Even prison and enslavement mods feel really frustrating as nothing really happens most of the time.

Previously I use Defeat for combat rape and Submit for dialog sex.

Since both of them has no update for long time (still work as they should and has some user patch available), I move to Sexlab Leveling for combat rape and only use Sexlab Amorous Adventure/Solution for dialog sex.

I really like the different things Submit and Defeat do, but ultimately I stopped using Submit because it isn't compatible with Death Alternative. Someone did make the bondage version of Submit compatible, but I can never get it working properly in my game.

So these days I only run Defeat, though if I'm running a more sexually aggressive character, I do use Submit for that because it has more options, then just disable the victim portion of it.

While both cover a lot of the same ground they also both do things the other one does not. Submit is done and finished, I doubt anything gets done to it unless Sexlab gets a major change in the next version that requires Submit to be updated.

Defeat is still in beta and not done, sometime in the nearish future the next update for it is out. Goubo has said he is hard at work on the next update and it is a major update with a lot of changes and added stuff.

I could never get Defeat to work properly on my machine, the bleedout trigger in DAYMOYL always goes bonkers on it. Characters just sitting on their knees with nothing happening, enemies relaxing for a second and then resuming combat, I just can't get em to get along. Perhaps it's because of PerMa, I'm not sure... after trying for 2 days, I always switch back to Submit. Submit works a lot cleaner for me, because of it triggering at blackout.

Submit also has the fairly simple 'be left bound after the sex scene' in a ZaZ animation, which I enjoy a fair bit. I'm running the version of Submit that adds a devious item every time you get caught, for what it's worth.

Don't be discouraged by my tale though, a lot of people are very happy with Defeat so the problem is probably on my end. I'll give Defeat a try again once the next update for it comes.

Had Defeat and Daymoyl instaled for a while, tried adding Submit but it didn't turn out very well. Never got to try it but based on descriptions it didn't seen like I would keep it anyways.

To me it's not even a decision between Defeat or Submit. It's just that Defeat is the top most combat rape oriented mod out there. Even prison and enslavement mods feel really frustrating as nothing really happens most of the time.

Would this help?

Well, I don't use a single SexLab mod (because I don't play on my own PC), but assuming I have a PC of my own that can run Skyrim at recommended settings, I would use the Progressive Bondage version of Submit.

I looked at Submit + Devious Devices Progression, but in the end went with SD+ for the hardcore slavery.  :lol:

I looked at Submit + Devious Devices Progression, but in the end went with SD+ for the hardcore slavery.  :lol:

What a coincidence: Submit + Devious Devices Progression is on the Recommended mod list of SD+.

What a coincidence: Submit + Devious Devices Progression is on the Recommended mod list of SD+.

I didn't know that. I guess I should pay more attention. haha. However, my mod list is pretty full on this playthrough. I might give it a shot next time. :)  

Defeat all the way.  I tried Submit and had it working for a while but when Sexlab was updated to 1.58 Submit started crashing for no apparent reason.  That got old really quick so I ditched it for Defeat and now I have no problems.  Submit did add some dialogue but I don't care about an option to have sex with almost every NPC in the game.

Defeat plus a few choice follower/spouse mods is all I really need, and my game runs better without Submit.

I did release an update to Submit (I am not the author of Submit but the author hasn't been online in months) to fix a problem is has which causes it to create a huge number of stack dumps and otherwise optimized some of it's code path.

I personally prefer Defeat for the "Oh shit, I'm gonna lose this battle" moments but the conversational aspects of Submit mean I always keep it too even if I have the rest of the mod disabled.