I always "take it to PM" when people feel they need a more specific and longer explanation. No one on this thread has a problem answering questions about MO, and I'm used the thorough explanations anyway.

No question's a dumb question, unless it wasn't asked. ;)

If you don't use mods that conflict, by all means use NMM, but I always get concerned about what vanilla files might be getting overwritten when installing a mod to NMM. Could be a disaster, and for me, it definitely would be. Those memories are what make MO's learning curve worth it to me. I cringe when I remember how much troubleshooting I needed back then...

It's good that you only install mods you like, germanicus. Some people try to use hundreds and hundreds of mods. It's not so easy to help those people troubleshoot issues. :P

Thank you Awefulaerchdemon -

I have some problems with NMM since I'm getting CTD's on save. I spent numerous hours in searching for the cause. red a tones of "solutions" on various forum pages, and still don't have the clue. Log file doesn't report anything. Wrye bash says - all is OK, TES5 edit checked all my mods for errors and report them as fine.

After that, I installed MO and copied NMM mods into MO. Stack with Puppet master 1.7 patch and Skyrim maps. MO said something like can't install them. They are greyed. I was clicking around trying to make it work, no success. Checked the meaning of the greyed mods in some troubleshoot posts, still do not know how to make them work.

Aaah, I'm pretty sure I've already got your problems figured out. Heh, those are exactly the "memories" I was talking about. TES5Edit says it's all good, WryeBash passed all tests, BOSS/LOOT did it's job, no errors...just CTDs! You are walking my path. Welcome to MO.

PM time.

Okay, I'm getting Bad Gateway Error when I try to PM fight now, so you'll have to send it. :-/

It don't do that. You have to go to the top of the panel where the SKSE or other launchers are and create a new launch for FNIS. (Post Linked) Then Launch FNIS and run the program.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18037-mod-organizer-fnis/?p=480983

AwfulArchdemons own post on the subject :D You have to create the instructions for MO to run the program. This post shows AwfulArchdemon's own FNIS setup.

Oh, my, I watched several video about FNIS installation and setting ups. On some of the videos FNIS was listed on the right side under Downloads. Mine is empty. I also did few tips with "overwrite", and still couldn't get FNIS creature to work. I followed some video instructions, quisling's and CGI's tips, no success. FNIS always reported - no creatures installed. :(

There are many ways to set FNIS up. That is likely the reasons for the differences in videos. If you have it on the left side with creature pack and such you have it installed in MO.

The top will show FNIS like this capture shows when it is properly added. I believe it takes the icon of the program which is a good trick to see if it works. If it don't like that that your FNIS setup is wrong in the launcher.

The above shows a basic start. On the bottom is where you have to select various options like for me I needed Gender Specific Animations and the Skeleton Arm Fix as I am using a special skeleton which the author told me I needed this. Don't worry FNIS is smart enough go provide errors when you click one that isn't needed or don't click one that is.

The above shows my setup. The Steam is on another drive but the path is correct for FNIS. This sometimes get messed up and FNIS freaks out because it is coded to not work with non Steam installs or hacks. Below that is the two selections that I made and below that is some info on the various checks and mods I have installed that it auto recognizes such as the base, Creatures and spells, along with other animation related mods like Sexlab, Defeat Zaz and so on until it finishes reading the mods.

This shows the scan results and that is is now Generating Behavior files and results. Toward the bottom it will give errors that it sees that you can then post to help with the tech support and solve your issue. If you have FNIS installed through MO with all the other files correctly then set up the FNIS to run the only real problem might be some references that are messing up FNIS where it tells you your game isn't a valid game. I have see this before and so long as the above is correct the animations will run. You can play the game. I wouldn't recommend it for long times but with MO you can always come back to fix any errors like that later. Nothing is permanent. Nothing on your original game was changed. (Actual Skyrim Data folder)

For those that don't speak English natively I tried to keep the wording so that translators can translate as accurately as possible.

I always "take it to PM" when people feel they need a more specific and longer explanation. No one on this thread has a problem answering questions about MO, and I'm used the thorough explanations anyway.

If this is getting to long winded let me know. I will take it to another thread if needed. :)

Maybe name it "Stupid questions about MO" :D

PMs generally do a disservice in my mind as it locks help to a specific person and if that person isn't available the individual can continue to be frustrated when there are so many brilliant minds available on the main thread. I normally won't delve into this as deep as I have now, I am doing so because a member has shown that he is reading and watching all the possible info that is available and much of that can be contradictory and many times assumes that a certain base understanding is available. I have and am in his place many times in the past and now (with relationship to scripts and GECK and moding) so I can feel his pain. The resulting work posted here will help others as they can be forwarded to this post if useful.

See you are one more step to the MO way. Basic mods should be easy now. Just don't ask me about Body slide.. :blink: . I gave you a link in PM that should give a very good indepth info on the process of Profiles and such right from STEPS. Very useful. I thought it was something minor that was missing because you were going through most of the steps correctly and unlike others really trying.. Now you have succeeded you deserve to pat yourself on the back for that. From the procedure of FNIS installation we can move forward using the very same processes just differently for most everything you will need to do from now on.

I want to quickly as about an issue I've started tos ee since using Mod Organizer...

I've finally sat down and change everything over and started a new saved game on MO.Works like a charm apart from one issue which i think is down to me but I dunno what. It might be priority order bt here goes. All it is is that when I plan my game, spme textures are missing. But the funny thing is it's not all the time. Reload the game, some textures are filled in but a new few are missing. it's not the same ones everytime. And this has only started to accur since using MO (I had it once on my old game but that was simpy a missing or misdirected texture and I could fix that in NifScope). I read somewhere it's my VRAM. I like in my INI and PREFS but theres no option for VRAM, only on ENBs (which I'm not using right now,)

Any ideas?

Sorry to bump my own post. I think it might have gottn swallowed up in all the help requests. I thought I'd ask again just incase. I'm not at home to try any fixes but I guess I'm eager to know so I can do it as soon as I get home. ^^ That's if, if anyone does know the answer...

I want to quickly as about an issue I've started tos ee since using Mod Organizer...

I've finally sat down and change everything over and started a new saved game on MO.Works like a charm apart from one issue which i think is down to me but I dunno what. It might be priority order bt here goes. All it is is that when I plan my game, spme textures are missing. But the funny thing is it's not all the time. Reload the game, some textures are filled in but a new few are missing. it's not the same ones everytime. And this has only started to accur since using MO (I had it once on my old game but that was simpy a missing or misdirected texture and I could fix that in NifScope). I read somewhere it's my VRAM. I like in my INI and PREFS but theres no option for VRAM, only on ENBs (which I'm not using right now,)

Any ideas?

Sorry to bump my own post. I think it might have gottn swallowed up in all the help requests. I thought I'd ask again just incase. I'm not at home to try any fixes but I guess I'm eager to know so I can do it as soon as I get home. ^^ That's if, if anyone does know the answer...

1. Hardware failing or getting to hot.
  2. Two many textures and the system is having a hard time working.
  3. Improperly optimized textures and or .ini.

Really too many possibilities to give you a direct answer.. likely reason why your post wasn't responded to. I saw it and passed it by thinking someone with a bit more experience with Skyrim and heavy load orders / MO could help you better.

The graphics issue you experience  is usually a result of too many textures being loaded into a cell at one time.  Sometimes it might be hardware failing or just getting too hot. I have something similar during the summer If I don't use can air to clean out my computer regularly.

I've been away for a while, but I thought I'd mention this, before every time I started MO I had the error window saying it couldn't find the localisation files for GB. In case anyone else has this, I fixed it by changing the language, closing MO and then opening it and changing the language back again. A variation of 'turn it off and on again' lol

I've been away for a while, but I thought I'd mention this, before every time I started MO I had the error window saying it couldn't find the localisation files for GB. In case anyone else has this, I fixed it by changing the language, closing MO and then opening it and changing the language back again. A variation of 'turn it off and on again' lol

Thanks. I like it when people post how they solved MO issues. Kind of an odd workaround, but hey...it worked.

Well then..If you insist..

USEFUL NOTE #1

For our Fallout NV brothers/Sisters and aliens :D that wish to also setup a nice TTW profile as well. ;).

After following the normal instrucitons for the creation of the mod, skip the creation of the FMOD.. (save a shit load of time as well) and then copy the folder (with everything inside. The BSA's ESM's etc) over to the "mods" folder inside of MO. So far it seem to work quite well. Now one issue is you have to follow the .in configuration and change like three records in the Fallout Preference.ini files.

Step 2

You need to make an edit to your .INI files so that you start the game properly.  This is normally done by the .fomod when it is installed but sometimes for some reason a manual edit is necessary:

• The files you're looking for are C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini and C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\FalloutPrefs.ini
  • You may also want to make the changes in FalloutDefault.ini in the game folder as well, if you use the normal game launcher for some reason.  Using that launcher overwrites Fallout.ini with the values in FalloutDefault.ini every time it's run. 
  • Make these changes:
    • SCharGenQuest = 001FFFF8
    • sIntroMovie = (yes this one is blank on purpose, it needs to be blank)
    • bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

Except for us you need to open that profile you want to use and find the above and change the records. Or go to the profile and find Falloutprefs.ini and manually open it and change those records. I like the later even though it is inconvenient as I can use Control +F to open the find and just search for the item like "SCharGenQuest" and then just make the alterations.

Now you can create a profile for TTW along other proflies for just FNV.. ;)

Source

http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/alpha-download-v281a#manualinstallation

How is that AwfulArchdemon? Tasty enough? :P

No problem AwfulArchdemon..

Anyway.. Dam installing TTW in MO is so dam easy. I loaded two separate versions in less than two days. about 3 minutes or less and done. No need to wait for that ridiculous process to create that dam FMOD.. Drag and drop baby.. Easy as Pie. Change three records in the pref.ini and done.

Come on you TTW creators. You can give me a new version every day.. :D. I can handle it..

USEFUL NOTE #2

While creating those nice mods have you ever ran across "patches" for that mod..

COT in Skyrim,

TTW patches for Fallout.

They really take up a lot of space on the left side and you have to think.. does this go up, down.. before, after whatever. A big headache. Seriously a pain in the green alien but.. Well at least my green alien but.. :D. yours might be pink, yellow, brown to some shade of black or even red :P.. not talking about American Indians here.. ^_^ . Anyway.. What to do, what to do..

Well users of the ever popular and awesome MO.. There is a solution. It is an advanced trick but it is very nice and will tidy up that messy left side right away.

What is this great tip you say.. Well the Green One will give..

• Open up your MO folder and find the "mods" folder.
  • Open up the mod that has patches. For example COT patches for a mod etc. Open COT. For TTW mod patches open TTW.
  • Now just drag that bad boy (or girl depending on your preferences) into that folder. Talking about the ESP/ESM here. Now there is a patch there.

But you say now it is there messing up my right side when I activate them.

So sad that you have so little faith in the Green One.. I haven't finished. There are two paths.

1. Since you are still in the folder a fix for these "extra" esps are for you to create a new folder and name it "optional" Now when you open up the mod in the left side and check "Optional ESPs" you will see these mods waiting. Not messing up either side.. Yea..
  2. If you are frightened in messing with the files inside of the mod folder  and don't want to create a new folder there. NO problem. Close that window and open MO. Select the mod and click on the panel that says "Optional ESP's" there you will see all the esps available for your mod. Just drag that offending ESM or ESP up into the folder and now no more mess on either side.

That is a way to clean up the left side, maintain the various patches, minimize the entries into left and right side and generally keep everything neat and clean.

This works for the ESP/ESM mod patches. Not intended for data like Textures/Meshes/Sounds, with these results may vary.

Hey all,

I am trying to compile a FNIS patch for a new set of mods using Mod Organizer.  I get the following error:

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'.

Does this mean that I am missing a mod or some files that go with creatures?  Would the game be safe to run even with this error?  I have already added Creatureframework.esm and Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esm, and ZazAnimation Pack.

I just installed More Nasty Critters, as well as Nude Creatures, to see if it made a difference.  I got the exact same error as posted above.

What puzzles me is that I have another modded Skyrim game I run out of MO and FNIS worked just fine.

Is there a workaround I can use to try playing with this different profile?