38 minutes ago, bicobus said:

As I said, verify if defeat is working with animals. Verify your defeat MCM settings. Check what happens with DA through the papyrus log, chances are it'll tell you exactly what's going on. I don't have defeat installed right now, otherwise I would have told you exactly where to look and exactly the name of utilities I referred to.

If you blackout directly, it's simply that the bleedout scenario ended prematurely. Which means defeat decided there was no rape option for your character. Maybe the beasts were female and that it is disabled in defeat MCM. I don't know, check it you. There is no "one action fix all" solution, you'll need to investigate :smile:

I'm sure this is something I could find through a search, but I'd rather get it from you directly; how do I set the game to give me papyrus logs? Do I need to do something specific for DA, or just sift through the whole thing?

Specifically, I'm trying to get the scenario to occur with draugr. In fact, this whole headache is really just the result of me trying to see if some animations I added manually will even play.

I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy form https://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-troubleshooting-support-guide/?tab=comments#comment-549438:

FIRST THINGS FIRST, CHECK YOUR PAPYRUS DEBUG LOG!

As a script heavy mod, many of SexLab's most common errors are printed out in this log file and SexLab attempts to print out errors to the log in a descriptive manner to explain why it will not start an animation.

The debug log is disabled by default, in order to enable it, open your Skyrim.ini file, located in /My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/ (MOD ORGANIZER USERS: When using MO, you should use the built in INI Editor option instead of manually editing this file directly.)

Add/edit the following to this file:
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

It is not harder.

It would help with context though and a load order, preferentially from LOOT as it list the hex index of the mod.

First of, you have way too much mods installed. SD+ hasn't been initialized properly and is throwing FNIS related errors. Mod index 72 has some trouble too, plaguing your papurus log with errors.

Secondly, creature framework or SLAL has trouble registering creature animations

[01/18/2018 - 06:42:28AM] [slnc] [slncMainQuestScript <slncControllerQuest (240110DF)>]: Entry 4: [Race <DLC1HuskyBareCompanionRace (030122B7)>], Husky (Companion), [Form < (C200CE2F)>], Judah (MNC), None, [Form < (C200CE31)>], []
[01/18/2018 - 06:42:28AM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 12, got 8.
stack:
    [slncControllerQuest (240110DF)].slncMainQuestScript.OnCreatureFrameworkRegister() - "slncMainQuestScript.psc" Line 162

This is probably why defeat can't run the sex scene with creatures: no animation.

B9 mod also have trouble, and keeps throwing index out of range type of error.

I'm using the index instead of the name when I don't know the mod. The index are the first 2 character in front of the signature. For instance 1403D57C would be Death Alternative, and 14 is the index (order of loading) for DA. The index is base 16 (hexadecimal).

36 minutes ago, bicobus said:

It is not harder.

It would help with context though and a load order, preferentially from LOOT as it list the hex index of the mod.

First of, you have way too much mods installed. SD+ hasn't been initialized properly and is throwing FNIS related errors. Mod index 72 has some trouble too, plaguing your papurus log with errors.

Secondly, creature framework or SLAL has trouble registering creature animations

Reveal hidden contents

[01/18/2018 - 06:42:28AM] [slnc] [slncMainQuestScript <slncControllerQuest (240110DF)>]: Entry 4: [Race <DLC1HuskyBareCompanionRace (030122B7)>], Husky (Companion), [Form < (C200CE2F)>], Judah (MNC), None, [Form < (C200CE31)>], []
[01/18/2018 - 06:42:28AM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 12, got 8.
stack:
    [slncControllerQuest (240110DF)].slncMainQuestScript.OnCreatureFrameworkRegister() - "slncMainQuestScript.psc" Line 162

This is probably why defeat can't run the sex scene with creatures: no animation.

B9 mod also have trouble, and keeps throwing index out of range type of error.

I'm using the index instead of the name when I don't know the mod. The index are the first 2 character in front of the signature. For instance 1403D57C would be Death Alternative, and 14 is the index (order of loading) for DA. The index is base 16 (hexadecimal).

Here's my load order.

Spoiler

B8

DarkStandalone.esp
B9

SL Deadly Drain.esp
BA

Luxurious Seduction.esp
BB

Helena Succubus.esp
BC

SLAnimLoader.esp
BD

SexLabTools.esp
BE

CrimsonTwilightArmor.esp
BF

FNIS_PCEA2.esp
C0

CubicHairRenewal.esp
C1

SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
C2

SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
C3

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Is not the mod cap 250? I only have 196 plugins. The game runs fine.

I've been meaning to uninstall SD+ but haven't because it isn't hurting to leave it in.

I don't know how or why CF/SLAL would be having a problem registering specifically creature animations.

The load order you posted is unreadable, maybe a buggy feature of the forum. You could bypass that by attaching a file instead ;)

By too much mods installed I meant that you'll probably have an unstable game. There is just too much entropy and the game engine is simply too crappy. You'll be able to play for some times, but things will start to break down.

As for creatures, you should check out with the appropriate support thread. I don't know which version of the animations you are using and if SLAL is compatible with them. There has been an update some time ago to fit with MadMansGun version of More Nasty Critters.

Edit: You probably used LOOT wrong. There is an option in the menu to copy your load order. Use that. The menu is the little 3 dots top right.

12 minutes ago, bicobus said:

The load order you posted is unreadable, maybe a buggy feature of the forum. You could bypass that by attaching a file instead ;)

By too much mods installed I meant that you'll probably have an unstable game. There is just too much entropy and the game engine is simply too crappy. You'll be able to play for some times, but things will start to break down.

As for creatures, you should check out with the appropriate support thread. I don't know which version of the animations you are using and if SLAL is compatible with them. There has been an update some time ago to fit with MadMansGun version of More Nasty Critters.

Edit: You probably used LOOT wrong. There is an option in the menu to copy your load order. Use that. The menu is the little 3 dots top right.

I just highlighted the load order and copied. It reads just fine to me. I'll attach it regardless.

Probably, but Skyrim is always unstable. It's pretty rare that I get crashes.

Whatever creature animations I have are there tangentially and came with other stuff. I installed it all a good year ago, so I don't know about versions and such. The only creature animations I'm using for SLAL are the ones that I added myself, which I mentioned I'm trying to test. Everything else that exists in there has existed since that initial install and everything worked fine until I came back to the game. Nasty Critters is also something I only just added in an attempt to fix this problem, so I'd have to rule that out as the problem right now since I never had it before.

I mean, for the sake of argument let's say I'd never been able to get this mod to work before. If the issue were simply that all of my creature animations were somehow incompatible with SLAL, wouldn't that just mean that the animations would bug out, rather than a completely different mod just telling me an entire feature is impossible for no reason?

loadorder.txt

You most likely tried to install an animation package that isn't compatible with your out of date SLAL plugin or the reverse. If you update SLAL, you'll have to update MNC too and then the ball starts rolling. If SLAL is up to date, then you're using an out of date MNC.

As I pointed out earlier, the creatures aren't being registered. So there won't be any animation starting. Defeat and DA are working fine, they properly initialize their scenario (albeit it's drowned in SL Deadly Drain errors).

10 minutes ago, bicobus said:

You most likely tried to install an animation package that isn't compatible with your out of date SLAL plugin or the reverse. If you update SLAL, you'll have to update MNC too and then the ball starts rolling. If SLAL is up to date, then you're using an out of date MNC.

As I pointed out earlier, the creatures aren't being registered. So there won't be any animation starting. Defeat and DA are working fine, they properly initialize their scenario (albeit it's drowned in SL Deadly Drain errors).

The only SLAL package I have for creatures is the one I made. Would the non-creature ones have an effect? And are you saying that simply updating SLAL will fix everything?

There is no one push button to fix all. Something's broken with MNC, I have no idea what. I just know you are using an outdated version of MNC and SexLabNudeCreatures.esp is yelling bloody murder.

You should either take the time to upgrade everything or revert to the previous working state.

2 hours ago, bicobus said:

There is no one push button to fix all. Something's broken with MNC, I have no idea what. I just know you are using an outdated version of MNC and SexLabNudeCreatures.esp is yelling bloody murder.

You should either take the time to upgrade everything or revert to the previous working state.

Okay, I finally got it working after updating SLAL and MNC. The issue with MNC is, one, I don't know that I actually had it installed in the first place, as I couldn't find it in my mod list or my download folder. However, I did definitely visit the page and I feel like I remember downloading it. Either way, I wouldn't have had the most recent version because said page is really weird and doesn't actually have it.

There's something else, though, which I feel like almost certainly at least had a hand in it. Defeat's MCM has a list of enabled and disabled races, but the wording of it is backwards and apparently I was putting all the races I did want into the list of disabled ones.

Anyway, thanks so much for all your help. I'm an illustrator, not a programmer, so this kind of stuff is just gibberish to me. I really appreciate you taking so much time to help me with my bullshit. And kudos on the Mozgus avatar.

Ok... Im kind of out of ideas on whats causing my problem so maybe someone has seen something similar...

I have had very few problems with defeat in the past and consider it one of my must have mods.  

but now, on a new game, suddenly all assaults just stop mid through and the aggressors turn hostile again. I dont think I have done anything different to what I am usually doing or having any new mods that might conflict... Anyone seen/heard of this before ?

1 hour ago, spyke123 said:

Ok... Im kind of out of ideas on whats causing my problem so maybe someone has seen something similar...

I have had very few problems with defeat in the past and consider it one of my must have mods.  

but now, on a new game, suddenly all assaults just stop mid through and the aggressors turn hostile again. I dont think I have done anything different to what I am usually doing or having any new mods that might conflict... Anyone seen/heard of this before ?

Depends on what settings you're using for defeat and the situation it happens (alone or with followers-other npc's around etc). Way i see it, there's two options... Either have "last man standing" enabled and "interrupt animations on combat" (alert) checked or "last man standing" disabled and "interrupt animations on hit". 1st situation is safer, 2nd one allows engagements to happen easier,and more of it at the same time, but it's a lot messier... Also the "all down" setting for followers should be checked...

54 minutes ago, BlackShades said:

Depends on what settings you're using for defeat and the situation it happens (alone or with followers-other npc's around etc). Way i see it, there's two options... Either have "last man standing" enabled and "interrupt animations on combat" (alert) checked or "last man standing" disabled and "interrupt animations on hit". 1st situation is safer, 2nd one allows engagements to happen easier,and more of it at the same time, but it's a lot messier... Also the "all down" setting for followers should be checked...

Seem to have finally found the culprit...    a mod called "More Vanilla Bandits"...  it seems to interupt defeat scripts somehow. Everything worked again once I had removed it

Thanx for your reply tho ! :smile:

On 1/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, hexenhaus said:

Anybody wants to share his/her Defeat settings?

I am looking for some balanced setup, where a catious player can avoid beeing knocked down (e.g. stamina management), while there is still a risk for a lucky punch.

At the moment i am testing the "Knockout Chance" settings, but i am really not sure how they work:

=====

>> Exhaustion

Threshold:           20%

Chance on Hit:     30%

Knockout chance: 10%

So the chance for a knockdown to happen is 10% when beeing struck under 20% stamina or is it 3% (30*0,1)??? So if the knockout chance was at 33% the chance of a knockout would be 10% on hit??? Are Chance on Hit and knock out linked or seperate (that even on 0% hitchance you can still be knocked out?)

=====

So if i then set the Health treshhold to say 100, chance on hit to 1% and Knockout to 100%, there would be a 1% chance on knockout on every hit?

That's what I gather from the way it's written...

% of threshold mut be met...

Chance of hit...

On hit, chance for knockout....

For health chances... I modify and reduce the %chance as I level up.

If your health is very low on the threshold, before the hit is calculated, you have to be sure you have ample health to compensate for a killing crit, or end up dead. (I use SM Essential player mod so I won't stay dead, several NPCs are immortal, so I can be too LOL - And to compensate for the headless bug, no kill moves mod.)

It's roughest on a new character. Where health = 100, and the Draugr can do 50 to 75 damage with their battle axe on crit, and your damage reduction is poor till you get some improved armor/skin spells.

I still keep a higher chance for knockout even when stats are full, like they get that lucky hit, shame it isn't reversed as well, so we can choose to have our way or slay the enemy, ;) or both, and have to use the hot key from behind to take them down hehehe

These are my personal setting, level 20 character. Stun chance, you will notice remains kinda low/high, I find that to be fairly realistic, Also, I am allowing the stun chance to effect me with a sword or higher. Never get knocked out by someone using daggers. They get that "lucky swing" even when I have full health, and I end up ragdolling for a bit, screen goes black, and can hear my gear being removed one piece at a time, then the scene comes into view.. During this time, I can't resist the aggressor either.

20% chance on hit, on hit 75 chance to stagger (Swords or heavier), on stagger 75% chance to KO. I find I am staggered far more often than Knocked out when facing heavy weapons. (I am prolly going to reduce the KO chance to 50 to 25%)

20180118232411_1.jpg

20180118232400_1.jpg

19 hours ago, Whizkid said:

imo drop DA, it's nothing but trouble esp if u hv a script heavy load order. DA is just to complicated when all u need is a mod that handles death esp knockdown then passes it back to defeat, its just simple but idk why death mods makes it so complicated....

my 2 cents 

Instead of DA, I use SM Essential Player and No Kill Moves... Both found on Nexus. And both are compatible with Defeat, just disable the "essential - On Bleedout" in Player as Victim in Defeat to let SM Essential Player do it's job.

Edit add... It even has some MCM options, short and simple.

20180118234426_1.jpg

Hi I can't surrender to dwarven automatons for some reason. Is this a bug? I can surrender to all other humans and creatures but when press surrender button the "you can't surrender to this enemy" message shows up. Please help.

EDIT: I got it solved now. Simply click the Reconfigure button would do.

I have the infamous "can't attack or cast spells after sex" problem that so many people get. I have disabled the auto flying camera option in sexlab, and have tried scenes without ever using tfc, and it still happens. The only way I have found to sure it is to use defeat's cleanup function. I am wondering what exactly the clean function does, it might clue me into the root cause. Goubo, could you please list what that function does? Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

I still have a fairly old defeat where i have an issue with killing tied people or people by textbox. For some reason all the sound dissappears and i teleport to that Giants camp in whiterun. Is this bug still in the newer games if not is there a way to fix it? Still it's an easy way to get to whiterun i guess...

I had that bug long before I added Defeat.. And still have it when allowing sex scenes outside the cities, but it's pretty rare now that I have reduced the number of scripted mods, and only seems to happen when there are lots of active scripts running. I believe it's due to the game engine's limitations, and the giant camp is where they started building skyrim.

5 hours ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

I still have a fairly old defeat where i have an issue with killing tied people or people by textbox. For some reason all the sound dissappears and i teleport to that Giants camp in whiterun. Is this bug still in the newer games if not is there a way to fix it? Still it's an easy way to get to whiterun i guess...

I've never heard of this problem. What do you mean by "old defeat?"

21 hours ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

That is a known bug in the current version of the Sexlab Framework and has NOTHING to do with Defeat.

BTW, if you use an OLD version of any mod you assume all responsibility for supporting it.  Mod authors don't have the time to waste supporting old versions, if you want help from the author get the current version of the mod.

I always wonder if there's value to a dirty fix where a transparent platform is place in the air above the giant camp slightly under the the spot where PC gets teleports to when the bug happens, so there's a spot for PC to land on and see if the game locks itself or not.