In 5.3.2 it seems like followers are controlled by NPC v NPC and assault victims even when Player Aggression is disabled.  I see this line in the papyrus log:

Defeat: NVN OnEffectStart - Victim - [Actor < (00035381)>] // Aggressor - [Actor < (000B998C)>] Slot - 0 // GetTimeElapsed 0.016602

I'm also having a problem where my followers are passive for a few minutes after assaulting someone:

1. Early in Volsygge they assaulted a bandit.

2. Moved a little further into the draugr part of the dungeon and got attacked by draugr.  Follower just stood there getting hit.

I've seen this behavior several times; actually maybe 100% of the time for my followers.  Nothing interesting in the logs for this one.

Bug: Sometimes attackers start an animation with follower and 1-2 seconds later with the player, even though i disabled walking in sexlab. That's the reason why Lydia sometimes just stands around instead having sex.

I've also noticed that NPC vs NPC has no creature section for tags.

Since some time, after the first round attackers become hostile again.

Minor thing: when i'm defeated by a pack of wolves, they often start an MFC animation although me and Lydia are the only humans around. I don't want to disable these animations in general, if it's not too much work a check if a human aggressor is avaivable would be nice.

This Update ruined it for me. It takes at least 50 seconds or 2 minutes to play animations for Defeat and sometimes by the time it's finished,

the aggressive sexual activities would be long over. There's also this bug where sometimes my character would surrender, but would be assaulted and dropped off at some

Mammoth/Giant waypoint in Whiterun district. I have no idea why it does this; also sometimes my character would phase through the sky and drop into that area, too,,

First part is a bug from defeat, Goubo is working on it. The 'falling down to giant camp' is a problem of sexlab (+ HDT + scriptlag). The scriptlag part might be caused by the bug in defeat again, but not neccessarily. I usually activate godmode while falling and in SL 1.61 will be teleported back to the scene.

I'm no expert, but some edits in Skyrim.ini reduced scriptlag problems for me:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=2 < give scripts more time to work, should be between 1.2 (default) and 2. Will decrease performance, but less problems

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2 < similar

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0 < more time for scripts during loading screens, obviously longer loading screens but again less problems. Default is 500.

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=768 <forgot what these two exactly do, but 768 was max if i remember right, values over that should be ignored.

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2147483647 <not sure about that part, i've seen different suggested values. Sets how many RAM are allowed to be used by scripts.

Having an issue with defeat and Death Alternative. I can't find, on this thread if anyone else is having the same issue. When character enters bleed out via DA, Defeat triggers, PC gets prompted to 'struggle'. However, after the struggle function completes the PC will stand back up and the NPCs will start attacking again. PC will then black out and one of the post-black out scenarios will then happen. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using DA 6.1.8 and Defeat 5.3.2. If anyone could show me how to make a log file I'd be happy to upload it.

I had a lot of problems with DA. Atm i set chances for DA to zero, and use defeats Simply Slavery and default quests only. Don't dare to uninstall it right now, but that solved almost all my problems.

I also realized that I can't save my game when Defeat is installed. If I attempt to, I'll crash to desktop-- Wow, what is going on?

How exit the room the prisoner?

755 posts and you don't know how to describe a problem well enough that someone can provide answer? Or did your post get severely foreshortened somehow (makes more sense)?

I have difficult with language, sorry.

755 posts and you don't know how to describe a problem well enough that someone can provide answer? Or did your post get severely foreshortened somehow (makes more sense)?

No need to apologize, try posting in your native language and hopefully someone else who knows your language can either help directly or help interpret to get you the help you need.

No need to apologize, try posting in your native language and hopefully someone else who knows your language can either help directly or help interpret to get you the help you need.

Ok, thank you.

Hey guys, I recently discovered that I can no longer surrender to any creatures. Whenever I try, the game simply tells me that I "Cannot surrender to that enemy." I've tried cleaning up and reinstalling defeat, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I have creatures enabled in the Framework and in the Defeat menu.

Guest S0767

Hey guys, I recently discovered that I can no longer surrender to any creatures. Whenever I try, the game simply tells me that I "Cannot surrender to that enemy." I've tried cleaning up and reinstalling defeat, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I have creatures enabled in the Framework and in the Defeat menu.

I know you said you had creatures enabled, but I ran into this myself. Go back into defeat, under "player as victim" options. I don't recall the exact spot, but go on the right side of the screen, click on "list of enabled creatures" - I suspect your list of enabled creatures is probably BLANK, with "disable all" as the only option.

What I did to fix that is to disable Defeat, leave the MCM, then go back and enable Defeat. Go back into that same section, and see if you see a list of all the creatures. It SHOULD be there. If not, select "enable all". That SHOULD solve the problem. If this has already been done, I sincerely apologize for wasting your time. :) It just looked exactly like what I dealt with in the past.

That being said, I've seen another issue with Defeat I'm buggered with - when I'm wandering around with followers, and two followers approach a defeated foe, only the first one rapes them - the second one doesn't do anything after the first one is finished. What's worse, I can no longer interact with the second follower (the one who "didn't get any", if you will). I hit "E" to talk to them, and I just get a silent response from them. And they stop following me! If I "summon all" using AFT, he/she will arrive at my location without issue, but then start walking away, and again I can't control it since I can't interact with them. Has anyone seen that? I'm totally confused by it, and it took me nearly a week to narrow down the problem to this scenario (when 2+ followers try to rape a defeated foe). I don't want to have to uninstall Defeat for Submit - I like both, but Defeat is so much more.....

I know you said you had creatures enabled, but I ran into this myself. Go back into defeat, under "player as victim" options. I don't recall the exact spot, but go on the right side of the screen, click on "list of enabled creatures" - I suspect your list of enabled creatures is probably BLANK, with "disable all" as the only option.

What I did to fix that is to disable Defeat, leave the MCM, then go back and enable Defeat. Go back into that same section, and see if you see a list of all the creatures. It SHOULD be there. If not, select "enable all". That SHOULD solve the problem. If this has already been done, I sincerely apologize for wasting your time. :) It just looked exactly like what I dealt with in the past.

That being said, I've seen another issue with Defeat I'm buggered with - when I'm wandering around with followers, and two followers approach a defeated foe, only the first one rapes them - the second one doesn't do anything after the first one is finished. What's worse, I can no longer interact with the second follower (the one who "didn't get any", if you will). I hit "E" to talk to them, and I just get a silent response from them. And they stop following me! If I "summon all" using AFT, he/she will arrive at my location without issue, but then start walking away, and again I can't control it since I can't interact with them. Has anyone seen that? I'm totally confused by it, and it took me nearly a week to narrow down the problem to this scenario (when 2+ followers try to rape a defeated foe). I don't want to have to uninstall Defeat for Submit - I like both, but Defeat is so much more.....

I actually just checked that menu and found that both the enabled and disabled creature menus are blank. I also found out that I didn't have 5.3.2 but 5.2.2, so I'll see if the update fixes this. Thanks for the reply.

Guest S0767

I actually just checked that menu and found that both the enabled and disabled creature menus are blank. I also found out that I didn't have 5.3.2 but 5.2.2, so I'll see if the update fixes this. Thanks for the reply.

You're quite welcome! Hope it works out for ya :)

it worked! All creatures are enabled now. Thanks for your help.

Guest S0767

it worked! All creatures are enabled now. Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome! I thought that might have been it - I have to do that for every new toon I start for some reason :(  I am HOPING you don't have the other issue I'm having (as described above). It's a real immersion-killer. I have to quick-save before every fight, just in case the glitch comes up. :(

Before you try any of my suggestions below, it would probably be a good idea to save your game in a new slot.

I used to have this problem with older versions of Defeat immediately following enemies assaulting my follower.  IIRC, using the Clean Up option in the Defeat MCM menu sometimes helped.  You could also try opening the console (~), targeting the follower, and typing resetAI to reset the follower's AI. This sometimes helps with problematic NPCs.

If that doesn't work...

I'm not sure how this next suggestion will affect the follower's inventory, etc, so you might want to take any important items from the follower first before you try it.  Try opening the console, targeting the follower, then typing disable  (this will cause the follower to vanish). Then type enable to bring the follower back.  Hopefully the follower will be fixed.  (If you don't see the follower re-appear after typing enable, she or he might appear where you first met them. Either go back there or bring the follower to you via console command or AFT.)

If all that doesn't work, then you can try the Reconfigure option in the Defeat MCM.  If that doesn't work, then you can try to disable Defeat in the MCM menu, then re-enable it. (If you do that you might have to configure all the Defeat MCM options again exactly as if you had reinstalled Defeat).   If even that doesn't work, you can try to actually reinstall Defeat through whichever mod manager you use.  You could also try to use a save cleaning tool to see if there are any orphan scripts to clean up.

If none of the above works, then I'm out of ideas. In that case, I would consider rolling back to an older version of Defeat until this mod is updated again.

I hope some of this helps. I apologize if you have already tried the suggestions above.

Before you try any of my suggestions below, it would probably be a good idea to save your game in a new slot.

I used to have this problem with older versions of Defeat immediately following enemies assaulting my follower.  IIRC, using the Clean Up option in the Defeat MCM menu sometimes helped.  You could also try opening the console (~), targeting the follower, and typing resetAI to reset the follower's AI. This sometimes helps with problematic NPCs.

If that doesn't work...

I'm not sure how this next suggestion will affect the follower's inventory, etc, so you might want to take any important items from the follower first before you try it.  Try opening the console, targeting the follower, then typing disable  (this will cause the follower to vanish). Then type enable to bring the follower back.  Hopefully the follower will be fixed.  (If you don't see the follower re-appear after typing enable, she or he might appear where you first met them. Either go back there or bring the follower to you via console command or AFT.)

If all that doesn't work, then you can try the Reconfigure option in the Defeat MCM.  If that doesn't work, then you can try to disable Defeat in the MCM menu, then re-enable it. (If you do that you might have to configure all the Defeat MCM options again exactly as if you had reinstalled Defeat).   If even that doesn't work, you can try to actually reinstall Defeat through whichever mod manager you use.  You could also try to use a save cleaning tool to see if there are any orphan scripts to clean up.

If none of the above works, then I'm out of ideas. In that case, I would consider rolling back to an older version of Defeat until this mod is updated again.

I hope some of this helps. I apologize if you have already tried the suggestions above.

This happens to me as well, using "clean up" from the "0" hotkey fixes it every time, I am not entirely sure but it seems to me that the issue happens whenever the 2nd actor can't reach the location in time (they walk to the location even when the first attacker is already undressing the victim). I've seen the scene work a couple times when the victim is defeated near both attackers but i have to admit it's a wild guess.

Maybe try making 2 melee followers beat up a NPC and see what happens? 

Before 5.3.2, when i was on stealth and a follower decided to break cover and attack, if they got defeated they would get assaulted as long as i did not break cover myself, with the current version if they attack they only get knocked down and the attackers return to their normal patrol routine and never assault the follower, i have on hit chance set to 100% and assault chance to 100%. Any ideas? 

Alguien sabe como salir de la habitacion de la celda donde se traslada el capturado en un saco?

no se como llegaste ahi pero trata de utilizar algun comando en la consola, (en ejemplo: "coc WhiterunBreezehome" sin las comillas) 

Ok, gracias.

I got back into Skyrim and at first I thought maybe something with Defeat wasn't working, because after combat I never had any submitted enemies. However, I paid a bit more attention - turns out enemies are in fact going down on their knees, but my followers just keep stabbing them to death in short order. Maybe someone here still has some ideas.

I could have sworn there was a way to prevent that from happening so easily, but I don't see that in the options. I also thought maybe there was a way to create more durable bleedout states, perhaps it was another mod? Or more likely I derped up when reinstalling...

Guest S0767

If that doesn't work...

Well, I did try disabling/enabling the NPCs, but I never tried "clean up" or "resetai" options - I'll do that, and then disable/re-enable defeat if needs. be. TYVM!

Alright ladies and gents.

I'm having an issue and its driving me crazy. I updated my defeat to the newest version, didnt clean the save, corrupted my file, started a new character. 

Now, my issue is while in the new game, Defeat isnt working well with DA. Upon defeat, SL Defeat may activate, but using necro absorption doesnt work and using this will leave me on the ground to one knee and I cant do anything. I've followed this thread, 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39187-defeatdeath-alternative/

But it isnt helping me. Like i said, no issues before update and I wanted to install hookmmerse but I didnt understand it.

I am willing to post my papyrus and mods if you want em but I havent done anything differently than before besides updating.

Goubo, little mistake with not returning value in function DefeatActionScr.WitnessAlarm() does not affect at functionality but spams in log if witness is set to off in MCM:

Bool Function WitnessAlarm(Actor Target, Actor Aggressor)
    If McmConfig.WitnessPagg
        RessConfig.DefeatRape.SendStoryEvent(None, Target, Aggressor)
        Wait(0.5)
        Actor TheWitness = RessConfig.AWitness
        If TheWitness
            RessConfig.UILib.ShowNotification("${"+TheWitness.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()+"} witnesses what is happenning and send the alarm!", "#CD4C4C")
            TheWitness.SendAssaultAlarm()
            RessConfig.AWitness = None
            Return True
        Endif
        Return False
    Endif
EndFunction

Kind Regards