Sexbound: Incompatibility List (updated constantly)

This topic is basically to list all the compatibility issues related to sexbound in a single place, so users dont need to scroll down 147 pages on the sexbound topic to find answers.

Everytime time users report that X mod had issues with sexbound (and we corroborate the report) this list will be updated, any user is free to post here their problems so we can keep this list ongoin to make sexbound stay safe, heatly and free of bugs/crashes.

Incompatible mods:

Spoiler

Frackin' Universe: As general rule, if a mod exist, then isnt compatible with FU. Wanna install FU? Play with FU alone, their code is such a mess that even the most insignificant mod will break everything. And yes, that means sexbound is also incompatible.

Space Police and all variants: Not compatible, will break NPC logic, preventing you from 'having fun' with most if not all NPCs.

Space Police and all variants are compatile with SxB if used with the proper patch

NPC Drops Gear and all variants: Not compatible, will break NPC logic, preventing you from 'having fun' with most if not all NPCs.

Borderlands Shields: Cause crashes if used alongside Sexbound Defeat

Futara mods: All Futara mods except Full Bright Shader are incompatible, (Futara Dragon Engine needs more testing, we are unsure)

/SBG/ Races: Incompatible with Defeat, unless you use a edited/fixed version (Removes the damage-taken script override)

Betabound mods: Break interactions with the NPCs on the outposts, probably break even more things.

Any Stardust and UI mods in general: Breaks the UI, self-explanatory.

Starbeque: Vore mod that appears to be incompatible, causes you to just kinda stand behind the sex animation and throws some errors, but everything else seems to work far as users report.

SxB-related incompatible mods (the same list on the sexbound mod page but updated):

Spoiler

Alluring Toys Co - All content from this mod is already included in Sexbound v5.11+.

Kitty the Space Cat - Compatible only with Sexbound v1 but not yet Legacy.

Lustbound - Tentacle Plant Improvement - Loads conflicting scripts from both Sexbound and Lustbound mods.

Merrkin Species Support Mod - Patches Butterfly sex position file incorrectly. Breaks the Aphrodite's Bow quest line.

* Merrkin Species Support fixed by a user - Not tested so use at your own risk until further tests

Pregnant Males - Not compatible with the latest version.

SFX Improvements - Loads conflicting script and asset files from a much older version of Sexbound. Do not install this.

VENUS - Animated Body Mod - Does not use latest *.animation files.

Cindry the Draconis - Mod reported to have annoying bugs, use at your own risk

* Sexbound Neki and Mechi-Neki - Supports initial release (Removes pregnancy, moans, etc), use at your own risk with latest SxB release.

Compatible mods:

Spoiler

Anom's Outpost Overhaul: Most of their patches where fully tested and works great with SxB, NPCs dont break.

Kae's StarExtensionsWorks without problem, but dont use BodyDynamics.pak alongside "Get rid of that underwear" and/or "Cutebound" (or any mod in general that modify models)

Collaborators in one way or other:

-red3dred

-dangerrock

-any user that ever used FU (this one is just to spite on FU, not going to lie)

Edited by Secretly Kinky
36 minutes ago, Secretly Kinky said:

Thinking about it, this threat will get lost unless is annexed somewhere.

Oh well, I will cross that bridge when the time comes.

Not even Sexbound is pinned, it just resurfaces because of how prominent it is...

16 minutes ago, Secretly Kinky said:

-Added Betabound mods as incompatible mods

Ah, is that what's messing with a lot of Vanilla NPCs? Going to the Outpost is like, half Sexbound-incompatible NPCs, half normal ones, and i had a suspicion that may have been the cause.

7 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Ah, is that what's messing with a lot of Vanilla NPCs? Going to the Outpost is like, half Sexbound-incompatible NPCs, half normal ones, and i had a suspicion that may have been the cause.

Yep, first I belived was a problem with 'Project Redemption' but after further test I located the problem on Betabound.

Great mod, not so great if you wanna play with SxB (at least their code is more clean and the dev more cool than the FU one)

1 hour ago, Ant Cant said:

Isn't there a patch to make space police compatible?

IIRC Space Police replaces villager/base NPC scripts, leading to the removal of the Sexbound code. You'd have to alter the base mod to fix this, it's not that the cops themselves are incompatible/not supported, just the script.

As far as i know, there is no patch for this.

Edited by red3dred

Thanks for this thread, but honestly, I have most mods in this and have "no" problems, as in, I can just skim past any bull I see, maybe I'm just too accustomed to Stabound's BS.

These do Suck:

Space Police and all variants

NPC Drops Gear and all variants

Borderlands Shields

Any Stardust and UI mods in general

I'm using Futara Dragon Engine without much problem since more than a year

Betabound mods haven't touched any outpost npc so didn't knew about this.

About Frackin' Universe, maybe you should mention Endless Expanse. No idea how active they are, as I loathe discord.

Edited by Algene
On 9/26/2022 at 12:34 PM, Algene said:

Thanks for this thread, but honestly, I have most mods in this and have "no" problems, as in, I can just skim past any bull I see, maybe I'm just too accustomed to Stabound's BS.

These do Suck:

Space Police and all variants

NPC Drops Gear and all variants

Borderlands Shields

Any Stardust and UI mods in general

I'm using Futara Dragon Engine without much problem since more than a year

Betabound mods haven't touched any outpost npc so didn't knew about this.

About Frackin' Universe, maybe you should mention Endless Expanse. No idea how active they are, as I loathe discord.

I need to remove space police from the list since there is already a patch to use them alongside SxB

NPC Drops Gear: Most people mention being unable to have sex with this one activated, I suffered that problem myself, no idea how you make it work, but Im very interesed.

Borderlands Shields is marked as incompatible since you get a crash if used alongside the defeat addon, my bad for not being specific enough.

Stardust mods break the sex UI as far I have been testing.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, Shynasha said:

Neki and Mechi-Neki are incompatible ? I never had any problem with them tho

Incompatibles as they disable pregnancy and other stuff.

Edited by Secretly Kinky
4 hours ago, Secretly Kinky said:

I need to remove space police from the list since there is already a patch to use them alongside SxB

NPC Drops Gear: Most people mention being unable to have sex with this one activated, I suffered that problem myself, no idea how you make it work, but Im very interesed.

Borderlands Shields is marked as incompatible since you get a crash if used alongside the defeat addon, my bad for not being specific enough.

Stardust mods break the sex UI as far I have been testing.

Incompatibles as they disable pregnancy and other stuff.

Well they didn't for me, everything work perfectly fine, even in multiplayer...

3 minutes ago, Secretly Kinky said:

I guess so, since strangely enough is a problem just for Neki and Mechineki.

I dont know what type of mod would break specifically these two.

Well I did notice that I had a bug with the pregnancy, but nothing that make the game unplayable. When I get to the ship after getting pregnant (and only to the ship), I can give birth immediatly. Or is it intended ?

2 hours ago, Shynasha said:

Well I did notice that I had a bug with the pregnancy, but nothing that make the game unplayable. When I get to the ship after getting pregnant (and only to the ship), I can give birth immediatly. Or is it intended ?

Well, now you will notice pregnancy somewhat working funky, like the problem did you have or pregnancy just working in a random way.

Pregnancies working funky happens (when not using OS time but in-world time) because it is bound to the world time - which is calculated differently, independently on every world. Every planet has a different day length and hence faster or slower progressing "time".

So if you, e.g., get pregnant on world that's at day 5 because you just visited it recently, then warp to your main world that's on day 335 - well, your pregnancy is a tiny bit overdue and triggering instantly. The other way around, you technically made a jump back in time and have 300+ more days to wait.

Neki support works fine, am playing with it from the beginning and even working on it in a minor, personal scale - don't know about Mechineki though. Afaik older versions of the support(s) simply deactivated the pregnancy feature as the pregnancy sprites weren't drawn yet or something.

Edited by JustGimmeFreeR18
  • 2 weeks later...