I've played a lot of quest mods off Loverslab, I'm even willing to say I've played them all, and despite that none of them come anywhere close to the level of quality as yours. The quality is so good that I almost forgot I was playing a Loverslab Quest Mod until I went in third person. I can't wait for what you make next!

6 hours ago, Encogt said:
  Hide contents

I am stuck at the harness part. what am i supposed to do. I was gueesing i needed to wait for the vibration to satrt and press on the tentacle satue. but it didnt work. The hint was vague too.

I knew I had to do something with the Tentacle to get out of it eventually just brute forcing my way out. Was fun though.

I am now level 10, and I still don't have a letter yet. I'm on the latest version of AE, if that makes a difference.

For a future update, might I suggest that you provide a way to force-start the quest, without going through the scripted courier start? It would help speed up the bug-reporting process, and allow people who have issues with thee courier to still play the mod. I've tried startquest frayescapequest, but that doesn't seem to work.

Edited by MysticDaedra
On 6/3/2022 at 6:21 AM, MysticDaedra said:

I am now level 10, and I still don't have a letter yet. I'm on the latest version of AE, if that makes a difference.

The advice given to me worked. Try typing 'advskill onehanded 18000' into the console. Then change cells (go in a building and come back out). If that still doesn't work go into skills menu and apply a skill  (from the items, magic, map, skills menu) like magica heath etc.. and then do a change cell again. a player.advlevel doesn't work on it's own. 

Well made mod. The concept was rather nice and run to do the puzzle. Cant wait for the update. Just some thing that i hoped will be improved.

Spoiler

The cart is very hard to move without commands, the stone mask for me was completely under ground not sure where I had to look for the gap ended up just no clipping it, hopefully u can just make it stick out more but he reqiures an offering before speaking to you, like a potion or something. The harness concept is nice but people who thinks they know the solution sometimes do not get message(I encountered it a few times) how about rather than waiting for the devices to vibrate, something else can be used to trigger the clash.

But overall great mod, hope you will come up with more mod updates!

9 hours ago, jc321 said:

The advice given to me worked. Try typing 'advskill onehanded 18000' into the console. Then change cells (go in a building and come back out). If that still doesn't work go into skills menu and apply a skill  (from the items, magic, map, skills menu) like magica heath etc.. and then do a change cell again. a player.advlevel doesn't work on it's own. 

Neither of those worked. The courier still didn't arrive. Is it possible this mod doesn't work on AE for some reason? I can't imagine that to be the case...

Being one of those rare people here who mains Beast Races, especially Argonians, I did notice that the custom DD items this mod uses doesn't use the BRRF meshes. As a result, the Gag, Blindfold, and Hood are completely invisible when worn by Khajiit or Argonian characters.

11 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Neither of those worked. The courier still didn't arrive. Is it possible this mod doesn't work on AE for some reason? I can't imagine that to be the case...

My SE build upgraded to AE so I did the downgrade lite option (ie: Skyrim exe and DLL file) and this mod works on that.

I haven't gone full AE as I didn't think key mods/scripting tools would work on that version and haven't heard they have as yet so still avoiding. 

11 hours ago, GrayHoof said:

Being one of those rare people here who mains Beast Races, especially Argonians, I did notice that the custom DD items this mod uses doesn't use the BRRF meshes. As a result, the Gag, Blindfold, and Hood are completely invisible when worn by Khajiit or Argonian characters.

Ah, apologies. I actually built the mod with support for those, but had to split it off into a separate patch to avoid making BRRF a required dependency. Then I promptly forgot to upload said patch with the main file ?. I've uploaded a BRRF patch now, try it and let me know if there are any issues with it.

Just finished it a moment ago. Really like the atmosphere and most of the puzzles.

Spoiler

The most frustrating puzzles for me were for the mittens and harness.

For the mittens using the same solution as a previous puzzle is easily overlooked. I had a thought that maybe if the key was embedded in a lit brazier for instance (such as the one by the pool). The player has to figure out how to put out the fire in order to unlock the mittens. That way it is not relying on physics objects in the environment and remains consistent with player expectations.

I hated the harness puzzle.

Also adding my additional voice against the cart puzzle.

In the end I chose "That sounds... intriguing. I accept." : )

Looking forward to more.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, JASTOWO said:

did you solve it?

Mittens:

Spoiler

Mittens spoilers don't click:

Spoiler

The locked door with the red orb around the handle has a key beyond it. Then the hint in the game files should help

More spoilers:

Spoiler

Bring a broom over there and you should get a message prompt about using the broom to get the key.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:33 PM, Encogt said:
  Hide contents

I am stuck at the harness part. what am i supposed to do. I was gueesing i needed to wait for the vibration to satrt and press on the tentacle satue. but it didnt work. The hint was vague too.

Harness:

Spoiler

Harness spoilers don't click:

Spoiler

Need to use the tentacle statue

More direct spoilers:

Spoiler

Use the moon thing to "enhance touch" and then use the tentacle statue, it has a different effect. You need to do this several times until the harness comes off.

3 hours ago, jc321 said:

My SE build upgraded to AE so I did the downgrade lite option (ie: Skyrim exe and DLL file) and this mod works on that.

I haven't gone full AE as I didn't think key mods/scripting tools would work on that version and haven't heard they have as yet so still avoiding. 

All of the scripting utilities that use SKSE64 have been updated to AE: JContainers, Engine Fixes, PapyrusUtil, Papyrus Extender, UIExtensions... all working great on AE. Maybe this is just some sort of bug with the initial release of the mod, in which case I eagerly look forward to a future update that allows me to experience it :)

wow one of the best Quest mods on this side.

Also i relay liked the puzzles. yes some were a bit cluncy due Skyrim emchanics BUT if you remember teh actual Hold E interaction it is quite fun.

Just 1 small thing => for me some important objects glitched out of the world. which resulted into a console use to get it back.

Spoiler

The cart thing was fine for me. worked very well. yes a little clunky to mve it out of the cell but it works.

for me the knife glitched out,

5 hours ago, DayTri said:

Mittens:

Hide contents

Mittens spoilers don't click:

Hide contents

The locked door with the red orb around the handle has a key beyond it. Then the hint in the game files should help

More spoilers:

Hide contents

Bring a broom over there and you should get a message prompt about using the broom to get the key.

I have the red owl and the black bear keys, but the mittens remain on my hands. 

I cannot use any keys on myself.

ScreenShot35.png

46 minutes ago, TiredGamer said:

I have the red owl and the black bear keys, but the mittens remain on my hands. 

I cannot use any keys on myself.

ScreenShot35.png

Spoiler

Did you try bringing it to the wall in the cell with the "indent"? The same one that you use for the hood

6 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

All of the scripting utilities that use SKSE64 have been updated to AE: JContainers, Engine Fixes, PapyrusUtil, Papyrus Extender, UIExtensions... all working great on AE. Maybe this is just some sort of bug with the initial release of the mod, in which case I eagerly look forward to a future update that allows me to experience it :)

Spoiler

The quest kicks off by drinking a bottle of wine that courier gives you, you could use additemmenu to add that wine, maybe drinking it will let you bypass the courier?

20 minutes ago, DayTri said:

Hide contents

The quest kicks off by drinking a bottle of wine that courier gives you, you could use additemmenu to add that wine, maybe drinking it will let you bypass the courier?

The quest has not started by that point, so probably not.

Updated mod. Not compatible with old version, needs a new game/save to work properly. Should address most of the issues people reported in this thread so far. I started working on a system for in-game hints, but this will take a bit more time to develop, so it's not in this update yet. Will probably be the next update.

I'd like to ask the people for whom the courier does not show up to try this version, and if you still have problems getting the quest to start, to use the console commands "sqs frayescapequest" and "sqv frayescapequest" and to post the console output here. Perhaps I can narrow down what's happening.

Changelog v0.2.0 (2022-06-06, mild spoilers):

Hide contents
  • Reworked quest start. Less chance of accidentally starting the quest at a bad time.
  • Improved quest start to better handle already equipped devious devices.
  • Make wine quest stage advancement more robust.
  • Removed duplicates of vanilla scripts that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
  • Added SendModEvent to suspend Deviously Cursed Loot and other mods during sections where those mods could interfere.
  • Improved usability of cart.
  • Reduced chance of objects clipping into each other or into the ground.
  • Made mask slightly more visible.
  • Fixed bugged hints for harness puzzle.
  • Cleared up confusion between the barrier and harness puzzle hints.
  • Quest difficulty tries to match player's DD settings preferences.
  • Made devices scale properly with DD difficulty.
  • Improved cell key logic/usability.
  • Made NPC interactions less buggy.
Edited by Frayed

Tested out the new version with the BRRF patch. Worked fine for me so far, but there is one problem. Usually, I would run LOOT first to sort my load order, but an error popped out pointing out one problem with the patch.

Capture.PNG.a7641172317a48a0b487ebc8caffc55e.PNG

I solved this problem by opening up xEdit and modifying the patch to ESP-FE format. Now the error is gone.