Just simple feedback:

Good Job!

I use the 2.0 version, for whatever reason(ENB preset, moon phase, a goat farting in Nepal on a Saturday evening...) the new veins don't look good in my game.

I already tried some alternative versions that got uploaded here.

The style of the old one suits more my taste so I replaced the new textures with the old ones.

I guess it would just add more complexity if we could choose the style of veins as we can choose the fur color.

For some reason updating BAC on SE to the 2.0, now the MCM file never appears

Any Possible reasons for this?

Dyndlod when updating it i saw some lines saying some BAC files were missing as well. something possibly wrong?

Vortex is the program I am using

Hydraslave girls also stopped loading as well for reference

Edit: Found the Problem - the Mod MCMHelper SE was preventing multiple MCMs for different mods from loading. The version I had was not the latest version, but it anyone here is using SE version of BAC and has this mod as well and wondering why the MCM aint loading. Well this is probably it

Edit 2: correction, the version this worked on was the previous 1.9I. the 2.0 SE version is not working for me at all

Edited by ahsdg
2 hours ago, ahsdg said:

For some reason updating BAC on SE to the 2.0, now the MCM file never appears

Any Possible reasons for this?

Dyndlod when updating it i saw some lines saying some BAC files were missing as well. something possibly wrong?

Vortex is the program I am using

Hydraslave girls also stopped loading as well for reference

Edit: Found the Problem - the Mod MCMHelper SE was preventing multiple MCMs for different mods from loading. The version I had was not the latest version, but it anyone here is using SE version of BAC and has this mod as well and wondering why the MCM aint loading. Well this is probably it

Edit 2: correction, the version this worked on was the previous 1.9I. the 2.0 SE version is not working for me at all

I found for the 2.0 SE conversion that the .BSA version's MCM does not load, but the loose one does. Which one have you used?

Is there any good reason why the potions are only available from the console? Seems like something that could fit right in to the mod natively. Either through Acolyte Jensen, someone at an apothecary, or even someone at the College of Winterhold if you want to be fancy. There could be an associated "research" quest to go along side it, finding out different catalysts for mutations (how they "work" and how to manipulate them), or at the very least just opt to barter for them.

I'm sure there's a hand-wavy "lore" reason for why it is the way it is (curses and whatnot), but for a largely aesthetic-based mod (the meat of the mod is the visual transformation of the character), you really ought to be able to have some finer control in the aesthetics instead of being locked into them. "Hardcore mode" is already a thing that exists within the mod, and could be a good place for forced/locked mutations to be, and give non-hardcore a bit more control over the end result. Especially since you don't really know how a lot of things will look until they happen, and if you're not a fan, you're essentially locked into it. "Cow back" being an especially egregious example (it's just plain awful looking imo).

I'm not opting for the removal of mutations on a character, but a shifting of them. Say you have 3, and one of those you don't like, you can't get rid of one of them to only have 2 mutations, but you can shift it to something else so you'd always have 3. That might be a tall order given the fact that you can customize beforehand the mutations that can be applied to the player, and it might be hard to account for what a given player has enabled/disabled, but it's really just an example of a way of keeping it at least somewhat locked-in while giving some room for customization.

There's always cheating in the relevant potions with the console, and disabling things before they happen (despite the fact that on a 1st playthrough you don't exactly know what something looks like), but an in-game solution would be a welcome addition I'd think.
Then again, I guess the potions might be some kind of legacy content from the previous iteration of the mod, and might not play nice with the current version. So who knows.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Edited by DirtyAxiom
1 hour ago, DirtyAxiom said:

Is there any good reason why the potions are only available from the console? Seems like something that could fit right in to the mod natively. Either through Acolyte Jensen, someone at an apothecary, or even someone at the College of Winterhold if you want to be fancy. There could be an associated "research" quest to go along side it, finding out different catalysts for mutations (how they "work" and how to manipulate them), or at the very least just opt to barter for them.

I'm sure there's a hand-wavy "lore" reason for why it is the way it is (curses and whatnot), but for a largely aesthetic-based mod (the meat of the mod is the visual transformation of the character), you really ought to be able to have some finer control in the aesthetics instead of being locked into them. "Hardcore mode" is already a thing that exists within the mod, and could be a good place for forced/locked mutations to be, and give non-hardcore a bit more control over the end result. Especially since you don't really know how a lot of things will look until they happen, and if you're not a fan, you're essentially locked into it. "Cow back" being an especially egregious example (it's just plain awful looking imo).

I'm not opting for the removal of mutations on a character, but a shifting of them. Say you have 3, and one of those you don't like, you can't get rid of one of them to only have 2 mutations, but you can shift it to something else so you'd always have 3. That might be a tall order given the fact that you can customize beforehand the mutations that can be applied to the player, and it might be hard to account for what a given player has enabled/disabled, but it's really just an example of a way of keeping it at least somewhat locked-in while giving some room for customization.

There's always cheating in the relevant potions with the console, and disabling things before they happen (despite the fact that on a 1st playthrough you don't exactly know what something looks like), but an in-game solution would be a welcome addition I'd think.
Then again, I guess the potions might be some kind of legacy content from the previous iteration of the mod, and might not play nice with the current version. So who knows.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Don't forget this is all supposed to be a curse. It isn't supposed to be something you want, even though most of us use this mod just for that reason. While some customization is all fine and good, too much detracts from the fact that your character doesn't want to be a cow at all. It is a very fine balancing act.

As for the various potions, I think most of them are an artifact from testing phases of the game perhaps.

Edited by jayce113
51 minutes ago, jayce113 said:

As for the various potions, I think most of them are an artifact from testing phases of the game perhaps.

Mostly that. For the extra mutations the implemented game mechanics is that you can set a chance in MCM for an extra mutation on orgasm (PC only).

8 hours ago, alabiana said:

I need some help with the cure quest. I got the note with the blessing receipt an then there is nothing happening. What do i have to do now?

What do you normally do with a recipe? This one needs a Tanning Rack. The resulting scroll needs an npc cow. I thought that to be pretty obvious. There are not that many different crafting stations to choose from.

Edited by botticelli
2 hours ago, zonder4213 said:

I'm using the LE version and the HDT High Heel Systems mod is working fine for me for the hooves.

All the high heels nifs have appropriate translation data for both LE and SE Racemenu/NiOverride. They should not need any other mods to help with the raising except for the aforementioned addon to SE racemenu.

Edited by botticelli
On 9/10/2022 at 6:58 PM, skyrimfet said:

i think its good idea to reduce this amount based on current configuration and quest state ;)

Next version will have this:

• slots are reserved based on your settings both general and mutation toggles
  • if you change the toggles after the cow has been registered and new options become available, then at the time when such mutations happens, BAC will re-reserve the slots and thus expand them to accomodate the new ones
  • if you disable toggles that have already been issued, the update will remove the mutation visuals but *not* the slot allocation. If you want that to happen, you'll need to do it manually after updating on the bottom of the Milkmaid settings MCM page.
On 9/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, killer_209_ said:

Can anyone help out? When my feet transformed into the first hooves stage, my feet do this now, anyone know how to fix?

123.PNG

if my memory correct is feet hooves don't get conversion into SE 

use SSE NIF Optimizer in ShapeData Being a cow 2.0 folder

Untitled.jpg

ps. i take a break on skyrim but i will try update any other conversion into my post in page 1 for easy to catch up ?

Edited by evilbom
17 hours ago, evilbom said:

if my memory correct is feet hooves don't get conversion into SE 

use SSE NIF Optimizer in ShapeData Being a cow 2.0 folder

Untitled.jpg

ps. i take a break on skyrim but i will try update any other conversion into my post in page 1 for easy to catch up ?

Thank you so much! that worked and was super easy:D

It might be too hard, but it is worth asking since I am curious

What if a quest was created to allow Paul to sell you to your NPC of choice ? As in, get your debt to Paul; half paid back, and the rest of it is paid to him by your new owner. {speaking strictly of the debt, how much is it initally and is there a way to set it ourselves ?}

4 hours ago, Tiruil said:

It might be too hard, but it is worth asking since I am curious

What if a quest was created to allow Paul to sell you to your NPC of choice ? As in, get your debt to Paul; half paid back, and the rest of it is paid to him by your new owner. {speaking strictly of the debt, how much is it initally and is there a way to set it ourselves ?}

The debt is 30,000 septims when you do the evil path or you don't give your milk to Proventus, else it's 5,000 septims.

With that quest the idea is a little different. Since "any" NPC is too much of a hassle (because there are some quest npcs not fit for this, some who get killed, etc. and there is no technical way to find that out on the onset) the pool of possible buyers needs to be limited (probably to the vanilla citizens of Whiterun ex Anoriath). Currently, the idea is that Paul will inform you that he intends to sell you to Nazeem, so if you like that, you'd need to do nothing. You may complain and then he'll tell you that Nazeem has offered X septims, so you can go and find someone (possibly sponsored by you) who'd offer X+N septims. I have to see if it is possible to get Nazeem to up the ante again, so you'd need to fund yourself some more, but in the end either Nazeem or the Whiterun npc of your choice should buy you.

1 hour ago, botticelli said:

Currently, the idea is that Paul will inform you that he intends to sell you to Nazeem, so if you like that, you'd need to do nothing. You may complain and then he'll tell you that Nazeem has offered X septims, so you can go and find someone (possibly sponsored by you) who'd offer X+N septims. I have to see if it is possible to get Nazeem to up the ante again, so you'd need to fund yourself some more, but in the end either Nazeem or the Whiterun npc of your choice should buy you.

One more reason to find new and exciting ways to kill the smug bastard and take him out of the competition. I like it.