SexLab Framework Development

Yeah I don't download mods where I don't understand a whiff of the description. I'm not using that unless you can give a description of what the mod does overall, or provide an English link.

A short description of the mod is here on LL. The mod it self is translated into English and easy enough to use. You can select animations based on tags and enable or disable them for general use, as foreplay or as aggressive animation. For most animations (SL, ZAZ and NSAP) there's even a Thumbnail preview for the different stages (as can be seen here).

It's definitely worth checking out.

Ooh! That's nice!

With a name like Director there's one thing I hoped it was able to; allow us to connect specific scenes together. Like if your foreplay is Ero Massage, then the next scene should always be a cowgirl scene what with how Ero Massage ends. Rimming, next scene has to have the anal tag. If you want to be really advanced allow linking of one animation stage to another animation's animation stage, but I doubt that's possibel  without a Framework workover. I think that sort of control could possibly lead to a lot smoother looking scenes and transitions, like 0S3KSY is able to, and allow modders and individual (obsessive compulsive) players alike set up some great sequences and customizations, especially with a jcontainers profile system.

Hello , For my scene I have to start happening on the bed.

I spied as it in other mods. Do I understand this right?

(This is Actor script)

actor[] sexActors = new actor[2]
sexActors[0] = self
sexActors[1] = Player
sslBaseAnimation[] anims ;List included-enabled anims ???
Bed=SexLab.FindBed(self,255,none)
if Bed!=None
       SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, anims,none,Bed,true); is the Bed Ref  Center???

endif

Is there an easier way?

Hello , For my scene I have to start happening on the bed.

I spied as it in other mods. Do I understand this right?

(This is Actor script)

sexActors[0] = self

sexActors[1] = Player

sslBaseAnimation[] anims ;List included-enabled anims ???

Bed=SexLab.FindBed(self,255,none)

if Bed!=None

SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, anims,none,Bed,true); is the Bed Ref  Center???

endif

Is there an easier way?

I think your script is directly added to an actor (because you are using "self" to pick an actor)

You can simplify a little (just a little as):

SexLab.QuickStart(self, player)
If the bed is mandatory then you can try

sexActors[0] = self
sexActors[1] = Player
SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, GetAnimationsByType(2), SexLab.FindBed(self,255,none), true)

100 % of the time when using beds I have found that actors are positioned the wrong way, and when laying back probably lays haflway off the bed. Rotating with U fixes it of course, but would it be possible to by default have bed positions turned around 180 degrees from what they are now to avoid this?

Yes, I meant the new exotic looking bed types in vanilla Dragonborn DLC.

If they use form's unique to Dragonborn.esm, then no. I'll look into adding them real quick though.

Yes, it's the one with base ID xx021749. Not sure if there are any other though.

Random thought: (actually I haven't checked if already existant)

What do you think about other types of stripping scene?

I think there's already a compatibility for "Serial Strip"

But it will be nice to see the usage also of the leito aggressive stripping (for example) or with the other stripping animations in general.

Depending on the Tags of the Anim.

Not a really a request, just a curiosity.

*PROBLEM WITH AUTO FREE CAMERA MODE (version 1.61 Full)

First, sorry for my poor English. This is broken grammar

I think there is problem with "Auto Free Camera" mode. See it only with version 1.61 (Full)

I'm sure im checked "Auto Free Camera"  before, but while i enter sex with a spouse then press "O" to change the anim then it changed but the Camera not in free mode anymore, makes me use "tfc" to return to Free Camera Mode many times to change anim sets. And after complete sex the mouse cursor get worse, cant change 1st, 3rd person view anymore. But sometimes it work normally, nothing happen. But 8/10 times the "Auto Free Camera" Mode get worse.

Find it perfect if while enter the first anim set, use "Space" to get through some advance stage then "O" to change anim and the camera's problem wont immedialy troubles you 

However, i hope the development will fix this soon

P/s: is there any chance the development make a quick key that show the mini window it show the list of anim sets. User have access to choose, click and play the anim they want during sex scene. 

One more thing, much appreciate for your delicious SLFW

Thank you!

*PROBLEM WITH AUTO FREE CAMERA MODE (version 1.61 Full)

First, sorry for my poor English. This is broken grammar

I think there is problem with "Auto Free Camera" mode. See it only with version 1.61 (Full)

I'm sure im checked "Auto Free Camera"  before, but while i enter sex with a spouse then press "O" to change the anim then it changed but the Camera not in free mode anymore, makes me use "tfc" to return to Free Camera Mode many times to change anim sets. And after complete sex the mouse cursor get worse, cant change 1st, 3rd person view anymore. But sometimes it work normally, nothing happen. But 8/10 times the "Auto Free Camera" Mode get worse.

Find it perfect if while enter the first anim set, use "Space" to get through some advance stage then "O" to change anim and the camera's problem wont immedialy troubles you 

However, i hope the development will fix this soon

P/s: is there any chance the development make a quick key that show the mini window it show the list of anim sets. User have access to choose, click and play the anim they want during sex scene. 

One more thing, much appreciate for your delicious SLFW

Thank you!

The switching back to normal when changing animations is a new issue for SL and the tfc.  But all of the other auto free cam issues are known issues that have been around for quite a while (locking the 1st/3rd person view, etc).   Ashal has done some work to try to correct this, but this is an ancient issue.  I was running into this same problem using Animated Prostitution and ASX, and this was long before SexLab existed.  I think it's fair to say that is more of a Skyrim/Bethesda issue than a SexLab issue.  Your best bet is to stick to using the manual tfc key (number pad 3 by default), and leave the auto free cam turned off.

Ashal,

So I noticed that SL currently already supports some tag specific sounds (such as oral and aggressive) and I got to wondering if that functionality could be extended even further.

Here is what I am thinking:

Could it not be set up so that there are tag specific sound folders for, let's say for example "doggystyle", that will play those sounds instead of the default ones without having to replace the default sound fx?

(It would theoretically fix the issue of the sounds not fitting other animations like when replacing the default sound fx)

I know file size is a concern, so I was also thinking that it could be done so that SL would check these folders and, if they are empty or nonexistent, refer to the default sound folder instead.

(This way users can create the folders and add the sounds that they want to hear for animations with those tags, if they really want to, while keeping the SL download itself reasonable in size and not cluttered with extra sound files.)

Of course, I don't know how this would affect SL performance-wise and I am not entirely sure if papyrus will allow it, but it is just some food-for-thought.

Cheers

Here is what I am thinking:

Could it not be set up so that there are tag specific sound folders for, let's say for example "doggystyle", that will play those sounds instead of the default ones without having to replace the default sound fx?

(It would theoretically fix the issue of the sounds not fitting other animations like when replacing the default sound fx)

Not worth it this late into SexLab's life. Would require too much refactoring of the code and setup of existing animations to support  properly. 

As it is right now, SexLab allows other mods to override the default sounds with new custom sound sets on a per stage basis. So this is technically something a separate 3rd party SexLab mod could accomplish, in the same way animators could also define their own custom sounds to use with their animations.

Hey.

I'm not usually the one for asking for stuff, but if you find yourself feeling too vacant, here are a couple of things I would like to see.

Separate cum textures for the head. Currently, it seems like it's just a downscaled version of the body textures, which looks a bit weird on my "ridiculous" textures :D

Textures that doesn't glow in the dark. I realize this might prove a bit tricky, considering how it's currently done.

Probably would require a re-write of the way the effects are applied. On the plus side, it's an opportunity to fix the issue of the textures being overwritten by other shader effects.

<Edit>

As it is right now, SexLab allows other mods to override the default sounds with new custom sound sets on a per stage basis. So this is technically something a separate 3rd party SexLab mod could accomplish, in the same way animators could also define their own custom sounds to use with their animations.

<High-lite mine for emphasis>

As an animator, this is very interesting to me.  I would love to be able to add custom sounds to my animations.

Would it require a function to define the sounds, or would that be done just in the CK?

I presume it would be called using : SetStageSoundFX(scene#, MySound)

(I apologize if my terminology is wrong.... I know very little about scripting; although I am getting more familiar with it.)

<Edit>

<High-lite mine for emphasis>

As an animator, this is very interesting to me.  I would love to be able to add custom sounds to my animations.

Would it require a function to define the sounds, or would that be done just in the CK?

I presume it would be called using : SetStageSoundFX(scene#, MySound)

(I apologize if my terminology is wrong.... I know very little about scripting; although I am getting more familiar with it.)

Yes, that's exactly it. You can define your own Sound object in the CK and pass that to the function to use any sfx you want. There's nothing special about them, the ones sexlab uses by default are just the ones it comes with, any sound descriptor will work. Same goes for just doing "Anim.SoundFX = MySound" to set the default sound for all stages in an animation.

Yes, that's exactly it. You can define your own Sound object in the CK and pass that to the function to use any sfx you want. There's nothing special about them, the ones sexlab uses by default are just the ones it comes with, any sound descriptor will work. Same goes for just doing "Anim.SoundFX = MySound" to set the default sound for all stages in an animation.

I presume that "Anim.SoundFX = MySound" is only necessary if I don't have a per-scene call.

If I wanted one sound for the majority of the animation; yet wanted a different one on only one or two scenes, would "SetSoundFX" override "Anim.SoundFX?  Or would I need a separate call for each scene.

If it does override, would I then be able to use "none" instead of MySound to disable sound for a particular scene?

I presume that "Anim.SoundFX = MySound" is only necessary if I don't have a per-scene call.

If I wanted one sound for the majority of the animation; yet wanted a different one on only one or two scenes, would "SetSoundFX" override "Anim.SoundFX?  Or would I need a separate call for each scene.

If it does override, would I then be able to use "none" instead of MySound to disable sound for a particular scene?

Setting SoundFX = MySound sets the default for all stages, and should happen BEFORE you set any others with SetStageSoundFX. Once you call SetStageSoundFX(stage, sound) for the first time, a sound[] array gets initialized that has the same count as the number of stages defined in the animation using the one previously defined globally as the "default" sound in every index in the array, then replacing the stage's index with the custom one your setting for that stage. Setting a specific stages sound to "none" will make it so no SFX play on that stage.

Not sure how well I explained that, but it basically boils down to this:

; // Sets the default Sound for all stages to squishing
Base.SoundFX = Squishing

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, addCum=Vaginal)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S1", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S2", 0, openMouth = true)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S3", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S4", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S5", 0)

int a2 = Base.AddPosition(Male)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S1", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S2", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S3", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S4", 0)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S5", 0)

; // MUST BE CALLED AFTER STAGES HAVE BEEN DEFINED
; // Set stage 1's sound to be silent
Base.SetStageSoundFX(1, none) 
; // Set stage 2's sound to sucking
Base.SetStageSoundFX(2, Sucking)

; // RESULTS of sounds for each stage is:
; // [none, sucking, squishing, squishing, squishing]

Setting SoundFX = MySound sets the default for all stages, and should happen BEFORE you set any others with SetStageSoundFX. Once you call SetStageSoundFX(stage, sound) for the first time, a sound[] array gets initialized that has the same count as the number of stages defined in the animation using the one previously defined globally as the "default" sound in every index in the array, then replacing the stage's index with the custom one your setting for that stage. Setting a specific stages sound to "none" will make it so no SFX play on that stage.

Not sure how well I explained that, but it basically boils down to this:

; // Sets the default Sound for all stages to squishing

Base.SoundFX = Squishing

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, addCum=Vaginal)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S1", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S2", 0, openMouth = true)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S3", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S4", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Zyn_Standing_A1_S5", 0)

int a2 = Base.AddPosition(Male)

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S1", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S2", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S3", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S4", 0)

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Zyn_Standing_A2_S5", 0)

; // MUST BE CALLED AFTER STAGES HAVE BEEN DEFINED

; // Set stage 1's sound to be silent

Base.SetStageSoundFX(1, none)

; // Set stage 2's sound to sucking

Base.SetStageSoundFX(2, Sucking)

; // RESULTS of sounds for each stage is:

; // [none, sucking, squishing, squishing, squishing]

Outstanding!!!

Between your explanation and example, that sorted the confusion quite nicely.

Array originally threw me; but thinking of it as a list made the explanation very clear. 

Thank you, Ashal, for taking the time to answer my questions.

I shall make very good use of this information. 

Any chance the falling from the sky bug when starting sex will be completely fixed in the next version?

Version 1.61b did already better than 1.61, but it still randomly happens that I end up in a different room or fall from so high while in open skyrim plains that I die.