SexLab Framework Development

can you tell me how to select multiple actor in Sexlab? I press N and only select one actor, when I select other one it is still only one actor ? how can I select more then one ?​

"N" is only meant to select ONE actor at a time. Also this is a currently idle thread for testing new versions, not a support thread (there's a whole support forum for questions actually).

[idea]

There are quite a few cum textures out there, from the fairly realistic ones included in Sexlab itself to the more outlandish ones from 3dm forum or the one Funnybizzness is working on.

So my idea/suggestion for a feature is to link the textures to the races involved (if its possible), so if you had sex with a human or a riekling it would use the basic ones from sexlab but if you had sex with something like a Lurker or a Giant it would use the more extreme textures.

Already said this but in case Ashal didn't see:

Currently, to silence a NPC during a scene there is only one function, SetVoice, correct?

Thread.SetVoice(Player, None, True) won't work cause the function will return if ToVoice is none and ForceSilence will be ignored so we have to needlessly pass a voice, I guess it's a small oversight.

Fixed by moving the line IsForcedSilent = ForceSilence above !ToVoice in sslActorAlias script.

function SetVoice(sslBaseVoice ToVoice = none, bool ForceSilence = false)
	IsForcedSilent = ForceSilence ; Should be here
	if !ToVoice || (IsCreature && !ToVoice.Creature)
		return
	endIf
        ; Was here
	if ToVoice
		Voice = ToVoice
	endIf
endFunction

Switching animations via hotkeys, either by "switch animation" or "realign" kills TFC in the newest sexlab.

Is this by design and how do I prevent it? I get the TFC bug 1 out of 2 times this way, it's colossally annoying.

Don't use TFC during sex, EVER!

Numpad 3 should be used instead, it avoids the bugs and is easier to enable/disable anyway. Wait until the sex starts, hit the numpad 3 and you have a free camera which will automatically end when the sex does.

Ashal, I have request for some sort of addition to SexLab not related to SexLab functionality itself.
We have too many mods that scan NPCs for using in quests that involves SexLab animations functionality. To prevent double or conflict selection most of them uses sslActorLibrary.ValidateActor() or it equivalents. But function (and SexLabAnimatingFaction) except riding horse etc. checks that actor is animating now.
Here situation: one prostitution mod fills alias with NPC as potential candidate. Few moments later another mod (say causing random sex) chooses same NPC too because in first mod animation not started at that moment, but will be soon. It's no good.
Question: maybe you add to SexLab faction named like SexLabReservedFaction and ValidateActor() take this faction into account? In that case first mod just add NPC to SexLabReservedFaction and no other mods will be able to choose this actor till first mod ends own work.

Kind Regards.

Question: maybe you add to SexLab faction named like SexLabReservedFaction and ValidateActor() take this faction into account? In that case first mod just add NPC to SexLabReservedFaction and no other mods will be able to choose this actor till first mod ends own work.

That may turn out to be quite complicated since we would have to link the reserved faction application to the mod that requested the actor be added to it - otherwise that mod itself would not be able to use the actor. This is assuming that SL is doing the actual faction management.

If this is simply a mod trying to temporarily prevent an actor from being involved in an SL animation that can probably be achieved by adding the actor to the existing SexLabForbiddenActors faction then removing them again just before starting the animation.

Beyond that, mods that are "queueing" scenes or tying actors to future actions need to provide a means to exit the situation prematurely and cleanly. Maybe an actor enters combat, or can't reach a destination, or dies, or changes location, or transforms, or (as mentioned) enters another SL animation. Whatever it is the mod needs to be able to reset and keep going.

There have been mods and even vanilla quests that simply break in those situation, sometimes permanently. Really this has to be down to the mod author to decide when and how to manage those situations. It not something specific to SL.

That may turn out to be quite complicated since we would have to link the reserved faction application to the mod that requested the actor be added to it - otherwise that mod itself would not be able to use the actor. This is assuming that SL is doing the actual faction management.

If this is simply a mod trying to temporarily prevent an actor from being involved in an SL animation that can probably be achieved by adding the actor to the existing SexLabForbiddenActors faction then removing them again just before starting the animation.

Beyond that, mods that are "queueing" scenes or tying actors to future actions need to provide a means to exit the situation prematurely and cleanly. Maybe an actor enters combat, or can't reach a destination, or dies, or changes location, or transforms, or (as mentioned) enters another SL animation. Whatever it is the mod needs to be able to reset and keep going.

There have been mods and even vanilla quests that simply break in those situation, sometimes permanently. Really this has to be down to the mod author to decide when and how to manage those situations. It not something specific to SL.

Sailing Rebel. Forbidden faction has own purposes - restrict actor from ANY SL actions so will be better to not use.

I didn't try your "Aroused Creatures" mod, so can only ask you how it act in next situation:

Let's suggest, "Maria Eden" prostitute in dialogue with John. In that moment your mod fires event with creature and prostitute or John. So, did you in your mod perfom ALL possible checks except is actor valid for sexlab: is actor in scene, is in dialogue with player, is animating not SL animation? Or your mod can break Maria's scenes and quests.

'Course, you may say that it's "Maria Eden" fault...

But if Maria "reserve" actors and your mod check this, there will be no any issue.

Kind Regards.

Sailing Rebel. Forbidden faction has own purposes - restrict actor from ANY SL actions so will be better to not use.

I didn't try your "Aroused Creatures" mod, so can only ask you how it act in next situation:

Let's suggest, "Maria Eden" prostitute in dialogue with John. In that moment your mod fires event with creature and prostitute or John. So, did you in your mod perfom ALL possible checks except is actor valid for sexlab: is actor in scene, is in dialogue with player, is animating not SL animation? Or your mod can break Maria's scenes and quests.

'Course, you may say that it's "Maria Eden" fault...

But if Maria "reserve" actors and your mod check this, there will be no any issue.

Kind Regards.

All possible checks? Well every one I could think of: in a scene, in dialogue or in a menu or in combat, bleeding out, riding, sitting/swimming, trespassing, and on and on. Most if not all of the checks are collected in a couple of cumbersome condition stacks in slac_Utility.psc if anyone needs a similar set of checks. But, beside the point.

On the face of it I can see how a reservation system might be useful. But I am concerned that the maintenance of such a system is going to turn out to be very complex and error prone for what will likely be limited use. I foresee complaints about actors being unable to animate for no reason because a mod forgot to clear the reservation.

Ideally I would like to think that mods that want to maintain control of an actor, like Maria Eden, will place them in a scene and that mods that set off random SL events, like Aroused Creatures, will respect scene participation.

Even so, no SL mod should treat the successful completion of a scene as critical. Failure is inevitable if only because of a vampire attack, or a dragon, or indeed some less gracious random event mod. Creating sequences that can fail gracefully and recover seamlessly is the responsibility of the modder.

All possible checks? Well every one I could think of: in a scene, in dialogue or in a menu or in combat, bleeding out, riding, sitting/swimming, trespassing, and on and on. Most if not all of the checks are collected in a couple of cumbersome condition stacks in slac_Utility.psc if anyone needs a similar set of checks. But, beside the point.

On the face of it I can see how a reservation system might be useful. But I am concerned that the maintenance of such a system is going to turn out to be very complex and error prone for what will likely be limited use. I foresee complaints about actors being unable to animate for no reason because a mod forgot to clear the reservation.

Ideally I would like to think that mods that want to maintain control of an actor, like Maria Eden, will place them in a scene and that mods that set off random SL events, like Aroused Creatures, will respect scene participation.

Even so, no SL mod should treat the successful completion of a scene as critical. Failure is inevitable if only because of a vampire attack, or a dragon, or indeed some less gracious random event mod. Creating sequences that can fail gracefully and recover seamlessly is the responsibility of the modder.

OK, you mostly look at the problem with positioning LIFO in priority against FIFO, but trying to prevent interferention with other mods. Let's try to see on another side of problem. Every mod for preventing enterfere with another must perfom additional checks. Are they not papyrus stressed?

1. With "reserved" faction used enough only in conditions for alias set condition that actor in not in faction. And there is no impact on papyrus load.

2. Even beginner knows - in case of filling Alias Data Factions with faction when quest complete or alias cleared that actor automatically removed from faction. So it's hard to forget.

I give up. I just made a suggestion. In "my" skyrim I used modified SexLab with such faction becuse SexLab is common dependancy for all SL mods. And every SL mod that I use i modified such way. And everything works fine.

Kind Regards.

If you verify an actor is capable of animation beforehand, I see no problem with just adding them to forbidden faction until you need them shortly later, then removing them once you're ready to actually start a scene. 

I could setup a more specific "mod actor reservation system" like you're saying, but I don't think it'd see much use. Even if it did get used, it's 100% dependent on every mod making use of it. Meanwhile just adding the actor to forbidden or animating faction when you want to reserve, then removing them from that faction when your ready, is just as effective as any native solution I could implement. Not to mention more backwards compatible and not more than 1 line of additional scripting needed to accomplish the same effect.

I may consider setting up some fake alias functions called "ReserveActor()" and "UseActor()" simply for the sake of making it obvious for modders, but this would simply be for convenience sake, the capability for them to do it is already there.

Could RestrictAggressive bool be added to

sslBaseAnimation[] function GetAnimationsByTags(int ActorCount, string Tags, string TagSuppress = "", bool RequireAll = true)

?

If I want to call an array of animations by tags, I can't find a way to make so it only takes into account the enabled animations in the aggressive MCM menu.

Could RestrictAggressive bool be added to

sslBaseAnimation[] function GetAnimationsByTags(int ActorCount, string Tags, string TagSuppress = "", bool RequireAll = true)

?

If I want to call an array of animations by tags, I can't find a way to make so it only takes into account the enabled animations in the aggressive MCM menu.

Just add "aggressive" to tag suppress.

No that dosen't solve the problem, I meant the function should be able to pick only animations that are enabled in "Aggressive animations" in "Toggle animations".

Currently it only finds enabled normal animations so if an animation is enabled in the aggressive menu but not in the normal menu the function will not find it.

Some people like to disable aggressive animations in the normal set of animation to play consensual scenes but GetAnimationsByTags(2, "aggressive") will find nothing as a result.

Hi, can we start the animation from the sexlab menu or did we need a mod ?

Thanks

You need a mod.

SexLab is just a framework. It provides some functions to allow other mods to quickly start some sexual related animations.

No that dosen't solve the problem, I meant the function should be able to pick only animations that are enabled in "Aggressive animations" in "Toggle animations".

Currently it only finds enabled normal animations so if an animation is enabled in the aggressive menu but not in the normal menu the function will not find it.

Some people like to disable aggressive animations in the normal set of animation to play consensual scenes but GetAnimationsByTags(2, "aggressive") will find nothing as a result.

No function can find an animation disabled in the normal menu, that's the point of disabling them in the normal menu. If you want GetAnimationsByTags(2, "aggressive") to find all the aggressive animations, and only the aggressive animations, than they have to be enabled in both the normal and aggressive toggles page. The "normal" toggle page isn't for "normal" animations, it's a full on enable/disable animations so search functions can't select them.

Digging around in SexLabFramework.psc this morning I noticed that neither the "allow creatures" or the "creature gender" toggle options are exposed there. I'll go ahead and pull them from the sslSystemConfig for now, but can you consider adding these to the API?

I second that.

Digging around in SexLabFramework.psc this morning I noticed that neither the "allow creatures" or the "creature gender" toggle options are exposed there. I'll go ahead and pull them from the sslSystemConfig for now, but can you consider adding these to the API?

I don't see a whole lot of point of adding them there, considering they are easy enough to access. Giving a shortcut property to it on SexLabFramework.psc may promote it being checked for more often though, so sure; adding it to my dev build right now.

Is there any way to either change the speed at which enjoyment increases, or prevent SL from throwing the orgasm event at the end of the animations? I am trying to make a mod which allows the player to choose whether they want to orgasm, and can't find anything which seems relevant in the API.

I know DocClox did something like this in QAYL, but it looks like there he just reset arousal to its previous value at the end of the animation. I could do that too, but it seems cleaner to block the orgasm events altogether.