SexLab Framework Development

I'm getting a crash when starting a sex animation. Can anyone take a look at my log please? I have no idea what's going on.

I installed the xp32 Maximun Skeleton Extended 3.63 and ran FNIS without errors.

Thanks in advance guys.

From your log:

SEXLAB - LOADED: Version 16002

This thread is for the new version in development, if you want help with the released version there is a whole forum just for that.

Been testing the new beta, very slick! Loved the walk-instead-of-teleport feature, and the new added MCM options. But i'd like to request please, PLEASE, please, for hotkeys to go back animations stages and rotate counter-clockwise, since using the modifier key almost never works (script heavy game? dunno, but surely i'm not the only user with this issue).

I have this too, going backwards in animations seems to work weirdly, sometimes it works, sometimes it apparently goes back a stage, but doesnt actually change the animation.

I have a question:

- whenever I quit the game (SKSE), all of my sexlab adjustment (schlong, upward, forward, etc) settings for each animation are gone from my save file. (reset to default)

I tried to save the game, then load it immediately, the adjustment was fine. But if I completely quit the game and open SKSE, all the adjustment is gone :(

this is totally frustrating, I have been trying to fix for 3 days with no avail at all...

I have a question:

- whenever I quit the game (SKSE), all of my sexlab adjustment (schlong, upward, forward, etc) settings for each animation are gone from my save file. (reset to default)

I tried to save the game, then load it immediately, the adjustment was fine. But if I completely quit the game and open SKSE, all the adjustment is gone :(

this is totally frustrating, I have been trying to fix for 3 days with no avail at all...

This is the development thread. I believe you need the support thread. ;)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v1602-hotfix-2-updated-sep-1st-2015/

Hey, thanks for your work. Looks like you reached your goal of getting 1.61 out of the door in december, and so early even. :)

One thing I noticed but couldn't verify specifically to the framework (1.61 beta) or defeat was a CTD related to NPC seeding. Not unique NPC seeding, it only happened to radiant NPCs like bandits. So whenever an NPC was receiving an empty seed, the game would crash, according to logfiles. Everything else seems to work as intended for me. I will let you know how the non-beta is performing, yet I do hope that you will have a look into this when you are deciding to work on your mod again.

Thanks for your continued work and support. :)

I have been testing 1.6# + and want to thank those that worked on the mod's improvement. There is a palpable difference in speed, response, stability and yes.. animations both in number and quality in execution. Thank you to Ashal and all those that contributed testing and resources to make this very big difference over the 1.59c version I was use to.

Another thanks to the mod content creators that add functionality to Sexlab for updating their mods as so far I haven't ran into any serious issues with updating any of the favorites from my old setup of 1.59c. Many are here on this thread helping with the development of SL.

Soon as finishing up a few issues with the released version of Sexlab (main thread) I will be ready to play a fully 1.6+ version of SL. Much like my migration from 1.35, 1.39, 1.59c.

I have only one question and a general one. Is there any reason that the current releases should have any issues with the mods released for 1.59c +/ 1.60+ compatable mods. (yes there is always a possiblity of issues of course just should it be expected.) I am considering running a fully beta version of my play to help the process. I am not a genus modder as others are here. (I.E don't have the time to mod currently :() but can test out some mods and SL beta  to help the process :)

Testing Beta2

The PATCH from 1.60HF2 to Beta2 left me with several "$SL_"whatever in MCM. For the new features. And missing info when hovering over those items.

Using the GIT repository and pulling the whole thing, the MCM is entirely correct as expected.

So I *think* something's missing from the PATCH. 

I don't get camera shake on Orgasm with Orgasm Effect enabled

When an animation starts.... it starts, goes back to both actors standing, then starts for real. Happens very quickly... start, stand, start within maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

Facial expressions don't seem to be working. 

Cum textures.... I thought I read where these were made to increase... like... stack. I guess I expected to be messier after having sex all night at the Mare nearly continuously with the effect timer set at something well above 4000 seconds.

Otherwise....

Using the patch over 1.60HF2, I felt it was a bit unstable and crashy.

Using the GIT pull, it seems FAR more stable. Not sure what's different there.

did beta 2 change anything on tfc, not stated in changelog but after beta 2 it seems to not work anymore (the auto tfc option) , also actors suffle a bit right after starting to standing  animation and then go back to action. 

Nothing specifically changed no. The order of things in startup did however slightly change, which affects the TFC toggle. I'll look into it and see if it I can trace it back to this update or not before release.

I have only one question and a general one. Is there any reason that the current releases should have any issues with the mods released for 1.59c +/ 1.60+ compatable mods. (yes there is always a possiblity of issues of course just should it be expected.) I am considering running a fully beta version of my play to help the process. I am not a genus modder as others are here. (I.E don't have the time to mod currently :() but can test out some mods and SL beta  to help the process :)

Beyond some older creature animation mods that use an older method of registration, and mods that wrongly overwrite SexLab's main quest form, such as slcoc, there shouldn't be anything from 1.59 that is purposefully broken by 1.60. Same goes doubly for 1.61, nothing major changes for the API between 1.60 and 1.61, things are only added, not changed/removed.

Testing Beta2

The PATCH from 1.60HF2 to Beta2 left me with several "$SL_"whatever in MCM. For the new features. And missing info when hovering over those items.

Using the GIT repository and pulling the whole thing, the MCM is entirely correct as expected.

When an animation starts.... it starts, goes back to both actors standing, then starts for real. Happens very quickly... start, stand, start within maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

Cum textures.... I thought I read where these were made to increase... like... stack. I guess I expected to be messier after having sex all night at the Mare nearly continuously with the effect timer set at something well above 4000 seconds.

1. I probably forgot to include the interface folder in the patch. A minor issue as far as beta patches go, but I'll update the download for beta 2 later with the fixed version.

2. You have to have the orgasm effects option enabled for the camera shake to happen. In previous versions this option was wrongly ignored and used the effect when it shouldn't.

3. All a part of the startup process, most of which is intended to ensure the process happens correctly, and synced between the two actors. Changes to FNIS's handling of sequenced animations have dictated a lot of these related changes, they are clearly to the benefit of FNIS overall, but as visually evident, have created some complications in sexlabs handling of these things. I could admitably do some optimization here, but right now the solution works which is the important part. Even if it is noticeable in the first few seconds of startup, I'd prefer to get a release out the door where the problem is fixed before I focus on improving the fix.

4. They are working fine in my current tests, can you confirm you have settings set correctly and provide debug logs for further information?

Otherwise....

The only difference between the two is likely the interface folder, assuming I didn't forget something else crucial. The patch vs git build being more "crash-y" I'd absolutely chalk up first and foremost to simple chance and confirmation bias. 99% of crashes from SexLab are going to be related to scripts, SKSE plugins, or OTHER mods overwriting SexLab's own scripts, skse plugins, or esm data. All things I'm 100% positive the patch includes the same versions as Git.

Are the NIOveride adjustments enabled the same way as the HDT Heels adjustment, by a switch on the animation config screen?  Or does it happen behind the scenes?  If there is a switch, I can't find it on any of the MCM pages.

As far as the animations are concerned, yes the actors do a restart, but no biggie.  The main problem I have is with the Lesbian breastfeeding animation, as the PC always falls through the floor.  I imagine this is actually a problem with the animations, though.

@Ashal

Beyond some older creature animation mods that use an older method of registration, and mods that wrongly overwrite SexLab's main quest form, such as slcoc, there shouldn't be anything from 1.59 that is purposefully broken by 1.60. Same goes doubly for 1.61, nothing major changes for the API between 1.60 and 1.61, things are only added, not changed/removed.

Thanks I thought this was the case since many mod authors state Sexlab 1.6+. It will be awhile I am trying to fix some stubborn issues and likely will have to result to posting a thread to resolve. I am sure it is something silly I am missing. Got to get that Papyrus up and running first though ;)

Testing Beta2

1. I probably forgot to include the interface folder in the patch. A minor issue as far as beta patches go, but I'll update the download for beta 2 later with the fixed version.

2. You have to have the orgasm effects option enabled for the camera shake to happen. In previous versions this option was wrongly ignored and used the effect when it shouldn't.

3. All a part of the startup process, most of which is intended to ensure the process happens correctly, and synced between the two actors. Changes to FNIS's handling of sequenced animations have dictated a lot of these related changes, they are clearly to the benefit of FNIS overall, but as visually evident, have created some complications in sexlabs handling of these things. I could admitably do some optimization here, but right now the solution works which is the important part. Even if it is noticeable in the first few seconds of startup, I'd prefer to get a release out the door where the problem is fixed before I focus on improving the fix.

4. They are working fine in my current tests, can you confirm you have settings set correctly and provide debug logs for further information?

Otherwise....

The only difference between the two is likely the interface folder, assuming I didn't forget something else crucial. The patch vs git build being more "crash-y" I'd absolutely chalk up first and foremost to simple chance and confirmation bias. 99% of crashes from SexLab are going to be related to scripts, SKSE plugins, or OTHER mods overwriting SexLab's own scripts, skse plugins, or esm data. All things I'm 100% positive the patch includes the same versions as Git.

Followup...

I switched to a new profile and it appears some of my issues were specific to the previous MO Profile I was using.

This is using Beta 2 from GIT repo

Re: #2

Camera shake - still not getting camera shake. Orgasm effects are enabled.

This is not earth shattering for me (pun intended). But despite trying many combinations of enable, change cells, disable, change cells, saving re-enabling, I don't get camera shake.

Re: #4

Facial Expressions - They work fine. Apparently....somehow.... in the previous profile I was testing in, the expression JSON files were not there. Not CERTAIN that was the reason as I don't know the technical connections, but the new profile has those and facial expressions work.

Re: #5

Cum Textures - These are working with some various conflicts with other mods applying textures. SGO 3 applies a milk leak texture as does Milk Mod Economy. Both of those mods also have particle effects....MME has milk leaking and SGO 3 has cum dripping. When those effects start, the cum textures from SL disappear. They come back after a while.

Regarding Overall Stability:

I ran this for FIVE HOURS with my character in Bannered Mare and Whiterun Market. With Scent of Sex enabled so there was sex action involving player and follower every 40 seconds to 2 minutes.

FIVE hours..... no crash, no freeze. I had another session of 4 hours and still another of just over 3 hours.

So stability is not an issue from what I can tell. Again, this is with the GIT pull. I can't seem to stay running more than about 30 minutes if I patch 160HF2 to 161Beta2. Don't know what's different, but now that I know the GIT pull works fine, I can work on seeing if I can get something in logs when trying to patch. 

I'm testing the beta 2, I see already reported the free camera not working, but I would ask that an effect that was in betta 1 come back,

I mean that in beta 1 when the player was finishing the animation, the camera back one second before of that player stand up, It seemed like a good improvement o me, or you could leave it in the options to choose whether to use or not, I would appreciate it, (if not understand me it is because i dont speak english very well)

Where should I post questions related to a Fallout 4 version of Sexlab?

Between a robust SKSE for Fallout 4 and major script compatibility, it certainly looks worth doing.

Now if Fore just has plans for a Fallout 4 version...

You are questioning stuff on so many wrong levels...

Firtst of all: fore probably doesnt have to do anything to have a fnis setup for fo4, since fallout games have animation support allready setup..

second of all: who says ashal will make the mod...

fo new vegas is done diffrent and same counts for oblivion.

dont expect ashal to make it as he does skyrim..

I'm quite sure ashal is way too busy with stuff to even make something like sexlab..

Also first we must see a advanced skeleton released first and the CK , to even have something to begin with.

Where should I post questions related to a Fallout 4 version of Sexlab?

Between a robust SKSE for Fallout 4 and major script compatibility, it certainly looks worth doing.

Now if Fore just has plans for a Fallout 4 version...

You are questioning stuff on so many wrong levels...

Firtst of all: fore probably doesnt have to do anything to have a fnis setup for fo4, since fallout games have animation support allready setup..

second of all: who says ashal will make the mod...

fo new vegas is done diffrent and same counts for oblivion.

dont expect ashal to make it as he does skyrim..

I'm quite sure ashal is way too busy with stuff to even make something like sexlab..

Also first we must see a advanced skeleton released first and the CK , to even have something to begin with.

There isn't a Sexlab for Fallout 4. It is a different mod.. There are people working on the structure and such waiting for the main component to be able to be used. (animations into the game). There is no word on who will be the main developer of the mod and like Sexlab. Many will be major contributors to the mod from animations to scripts.

There isn't a mod or a place to ask questions about the sex mod for Fallout 4 as there is no sex mod for fallout 4. Once even Alpha/beta is available I am sure there will be HUGE post for this explaining everything needed and yes.. then questions can be asked as there will be more structure and direction to the mod.

Finally.. This thread is for the development of Sexlab for Skyrim. and has nothing to do with Fallout 4. If you absolutely can't wait.. see if there is any other thread for Fallout sex mods and post there. if not make your own thread :D. There everybody can post questions or whatever.

One suggestion: I know you have animations that spawn a throne (chair), table and / or other objects. My suggestion is to choose a table, chair and an inn or a wall somewhere to have sex. Another suggestion is to have an option to have the PC or NPC can sit on the lap of another NPC (NPC or sit on the PC's lap).

One suggestion: I know you have animations that spawn a throne (chair), table and / or other objects. My suggestion is to choose a table, chair and an inn or a wall somewhere to have sex. Another suggestion is to have an option to have the PC or NPC can sit on the lap of another NPC (NPC or sit on the PC's lap).

NPC or sit on the PC's lap, I like the idea, a girl sit in your lap while she talk about a mission

NPC or sit on the PC's lap, I like the idea, a girl sit in your lap while she talk about a mission

That is not really part of the "Framework" (SexLab).

An Animator should create this type of animation, then it can be added to SexLab.

Are the NIOveride adjustments enabled the same way as the HDT Heels adjustment, by a switch on the animation config screen?  Or does it happen behind the scenes?  If there is a switch, I can't find it on any of the MCM pages.

It's handled by the same toggle as the HDT Heels toggle. Before release I'll reword the option to include NiO as well.

I'm testing the beta 2, I see already reported the free camera not working, but I would ask that an effect that was in betta 1 come back,

I mean that in beta 1 when the player was finishing the animation, the camera back one second before of that player stand up, It seemed like a good improvement o me, or you could leave it in the options to choose whether to use or not, I would appreciate it, (if not understand me it is because i dont speak english very well)

another thing I would like to comment, There are some animations in which F/F used scenes M/F, but the girl in the role of male dont use the strap-on, It is normal or I have a conflict of mods.

and a question, what option i must use for make animations kisses only not used the undress animation?

Hope development is going smoothly. Have you considered adding an extension of the stripping function? I.e so it can have different settings when the victim is a male compared to female or when the aggressor is female instead of male. Roles would be kept the same but it'd have different saved settings depending on the gender of each role.

Nothing specifically changed no. The order of things in startup did however slightly change, which affects the TFC toggle. I'll look into it and see if it I can trace it back to this update or not before release.

Hopefully you get TFC working. Beta 2 is a great improvement over the iffy animation starting from previous versions.

Not sure if this might affect something, but the patch version has psc files (in scripts/Source) with LF-style line changes and the GIT version uses CR+LF. Other than that and the missing interfaces folder, patch and git are the same. QuickSFV is an easy way, with its MD5 check, to quickly compare a bunch of files w/ subfolders to eachother.