Better Living Through Cumistry

View File

Experience a Commonwealth in which cum can provide sustenance, healing, and even narcotic effects.  A mod for those with addictive tastes.

Denizens of the greater Boston area noticed a strange new effect over the post-war decades: certain people could get as high from cum as from any other drug. Not everyone, certainly, and not to the same degree, but more than enough cases to become common knowledge. The cause? Who knows? Some heady mix of mutations induced by lingering radiation, forced evolutionary virus, and good old fashioned genetic adaptation.

Always on the lookout for eager talent, brothels snap up many such cases. Others so afflicted choose forms of celibacy and isolation to control their urges. The rest of these unfortunate (fortunate?) souls might end up anywhere from the barroom floor to the upper stands, from the gutters to the penthouse, or from total irrelevance to the heights of leadership. No matter their station, such folk tend to find each other, exchanging favors and information. A few particularly far-gone cases whisper that there are even better highs to be had from... inhuman creatures.

Main Features

-Configurable addiction options! Any or all of the creatures of the wasteland can get you flying high.

-Configurable sustenance values by creature type! Motivated go-getters can satisfy hunger and thirst during captivity (or anywhere else!) by spending enough time on their knees.

-Configurable healing amount! Cum can replenish your hit points like any normal food.

-Unique, independent narcotic buffs for each relevant race. Twenty-seven in all!

-Seven separate categories of addiction by race group, each with unique withdrawal debuffs!

-Withdrawal effects that become more potent as your addiction level increases!

-Uncommon Cravings, unhelpful doctors, and a minor repeatable quest to earn the cure!

-More exclamation points!!

Gritty Details

This mod works for any player gender as long as you're on the receiving end of sex. Needless to say (I would hope), BLTC is meant to work in concert with a functioning installation of AAF, including tagged animations and so forth as detailed in the “Requirements” section down below.

For those interested, here's how the various systems work.

Spoiler

Sustenance: BLTC's sustenance effects can satisfy hunger and thirst when playing on survival mode, or when running a survival mode substitute like Advanced Needs 2. Cum must be consumed orally to count as food and drink. Sustenance amounts are set by race in the MCM options, where a value of 1 is equal to one food/drink. Most of these racial sustenance settings are less than 1 by default. Hence, you'll need multiple servings of cum to equal a single serving of food or drink. Partial values are saved indefinitely; no need to worry about losing progress.

Healing: These effects work hand in hand with sustenance, providing optional HP restoration just like any other food. Healing will also work by itself if you prefer to skip sustenance effects or if you're just not playing with survival mechanics active. As with sustenance, BLTC's healing will only apply when cum is consumed orally.

Addiction: Cum addiction includes several interconnected aspects.

1. The Cum Itself- Delivered by your sexual partners, of course. It behaves similarly to any other vanilla chem and will impart positive narcotic effects for a short duration. Narcotic effects are distinct for each race (i.e. humans, supermutants, mirelurks, etc). Every time you consume cum, there is a chance you'll become addicted. BLTC will also track a separate “addiction valuethat increases with every dose.

2. Addiction & Withdrawal- Addiction is applied on the basis of racial groups. In the same way that mentats and grape mentats will both lead to a generic mentats addiction, human and ghoul cum (for example) both result in a generic “humanoid cumaddiction. When the narcotic effects of cum expire, a character who is addicted may suffer withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms apply negative narcotic effects continuously until another dose of the associated cum is consumed.

3. Addiction Value & Addiction Level- Each race's cum increases your addiction value for the associated racial group. The more potent the cum, the more it will increase your addiction value. Note that if you have very recently consumed a given type of cum, repeated doses of that type will impart a smaller addiction value (internally, I think of it as gangbang protection). Eventually, addiction values will reach the threshold for the next addiction level. There are three levels of addiction currently. Withdrawal symptoms will worsen each time addiction level increases.

4. Uncommon Cravings- After reaching the third level of addiction, continued consumption of cum from the associated racial group may cause you to suffer Uncommon Cravings. Uncommon Cravings negates the positive narcotic effects of any cum to which you're addicted. The only benefit will be suppression of withdrawal effects; or, to phrase it another way, you can get yourself level but not high. To relieve your cravings, you'll need to do one of two things. Either consume cum from a racial group you're not currently addicted to, or consume cum for which your addiction value is still low. Eventually of course, you'll run out of new, unaddicted racial groups, and might need to search for a better solution.

5. Narcotic Effects- These effects work almost identically to those of vanilla chems. Cum's narcotic effects generally include limited duration increases (buffs) to various player stats, such as charisma, action points, and so on. Withdrawal effects cause continuous decreases (debuffs) to player stats.

6. The Cure- By default, addictol and doctors cannot cure cum addiction. The first time you talk to a doctor while suffering any cum addiction, they'll offer a short breadcrumb quest. Follow it and you'll find an NPC who might be able to help you.

7. Racial Groups- The races utilized by BLTC are sorted into the following categories.

Canines- Dogmeat, FEV Hound, Raider Hound, and Vicious Mongrel

Humanoids- Human, Ghoul (regular), Ghoul (feral), and Glowing One

Insects- Bloatfly, Bloodbug, Radscorpion, and Stingwing

Machines- Handy, Protectron, Synth Gen 1, Synth Gen 2, Valentine

Mirelurks- Mirelurk, Mirelurk Hunter, Mirelurk King, and Mirelurk Queen

Mutants- Supermutant, Supermutant Behemoth

Wild Animals- Deathclaw, Gorilla, Molerat, Yao Guai

Most of the MCM settings are self explanatory. However, a handful of them warrant further comment.

Spoiler

Allow Female Effects: By default, BLTC only counts male NPCs as valid cum donors. You can use this setting to include both sexes as valid if you prefer. Cunnilingus, unfortunately, still doesn't count due to inconsistency in the way animations assign the receiving position.

Allow Effects from Aggressive Sex: You can disallow all effects that result from activities of questionable consent, if desired. Maybe you spit instead of swallow, under the circumstances? Choose your own head canon. BLTC will also optionally obey community flags (PlayerRaped, PlayerRapist, and Consensual) passed in by initiating mods to determine what counts as “aggressive”.

Base Healing Amount: Healing granted per sex act is calculated by multiplying this base healing amount by the sustenance value for that race (even if you have food/water effects disabled). For example, the default 40 HP base healing amount coupled with a racial sustenance value of 0.25 means you'll heal 10 HP.

Allow Narcotic Effects: You can disable player stat buff/debuff effects while keeping addiction and withdrawal for fun or as role-playing tools.

Allow All Penetration Tags: Unlike food, many narcotics will pass readily through skin and mucous membranes. Ergo, addiction and narcotic effects may be permitted to apply for all penetrative sex. Note: many creatures have few or no oral animations, so I recommend leaving this option on if you intend to sexually venture beyond humanoids.

AAF Violate God Mode Compatibility: One of the options in AAF Violate makes your character invulnerable while involved in Violate's AAF scenes. An unfortunate side effect is that this invulnerability prevents BLTC's effects from applying. BLTC's compatibility option will check if player is in ghost mode during AAF scenes. If so, BLTC will wait until cum effects are ready to be applied, disable ghost mode for an instant, apply all cum effects, and then re-enable ghost mode. Without this compatibility mode active, most addiction effects will fail to apply during invulnerable Violate scenes (although notifications will say you're getting high on cum).

Display Player's Cum Addictions: The default pip-boy status effects UI is... quite uncooperative when trying to display custom withdrawal effects. Such effects frequently remain invisible until you save and reload. Then if you cure the addiction and get addicted again (even within the same session!), the withdrawal effects are invisible *again*, until *another* save and reload. Frustrating, to say the least. This MCM button, which can be bound to a hotkey, allows you to quickly display the level and withdrawal effects of all your cum addictions. Be aware that the displayed withdrawal effects may actually be temporarily inactive if you're high on the associated type of cum; the message box shows what you would be suffering whilst not high.

Display Narcotics VFX: Cum addiction can also activate visual effects (VFX). These effects are unique to each racial group, and will slowly fade out over the first few minutes of the cum's narcotic/buff duration. VFX duration will not extend with additional partners, however the visuals will build upon each other! Multiple partners and mixed racial groups can lead to some intense displays.

Display Withdrawal VFX: Withdrawal can also cause periodic, short term visual effects. These periodic effects will work in concert with your withdrawal symptoms, nagging you occasionally until you either cure your addiction or take another hit. Additional withdrawal VFX will optionally activate as addiction level rises.

Save Recent Partner Cum: Cum can be saved in preservative vials made at a chemistry bench. BLTC stores data about your last three sex partners (or as many as were in the previous sex act, if more than three). After five minutes real time, all cum dilutes beyond usefulness and cannot be saved. NOTE: Stored cum is slightly denatured by the preservative, and will not offer sustenance, healing, or caffeination benefits.

Requirements

-Vanilla Fallout 4, Far Harbor DLC, and Nuka World DLC

-MCM, for mod settings and overall function.

-Working AAF installation, including animations and tags/Themes

Known Issues

Spoiler

-Group animations are a pain to handle on the back end, because there's no good way to determine which NPC is in each position. Doesn't matter if all NPCs are the same race and sex, of course; matters a lot if you have one human male, one Gen 1 synth, and one ghoul female simultaneously utilizing your character. Which one was using the player's mouth? I simply can't tell from available data. For now, I have taken the easy way out: for healing and sustenance, whoever has the highest sustenance rating gets credit. For addiction effects, if you only allow oral tags to cause these effects, the first valid actor gets credit. Otherwise ALL valid actors (including characters who may just be getting handjobs on the side) apply addiction effects as long as one valid penetration tag is present. So pick your poison.

-I had to modify the vanilla records for addictol (and similar vanilla addiction cures/spells) in order to prevent it from curing BLTC effects. Doing so reduces cross-mod compatibility. I don't like doing it. Blame Bethesda, sort of: one of the effects of addictol is to cure all addictions. That's it. No keyword checks, no potion checks, no opt-outs, just immediately dispel any magic effects attached to an Addiction spell, full stop. “So why not make your addictions use a generic spell type, instead of Addiction type?” you might ask. Simply because then I lose the engine's automated handling of addition chances, addiction/withdrawal transition, UI displays, chem notifications, and so on. On the other hand, the vast majority of players are probably not running any other mods that modify addictol. To those who are, I will simply say that overwriting BLTC's addictol edits won't be gamebreaking. Doing so will result in addictol always curing BLTC addictions regardless of settings. However it won't reset race-based addiction levels anymore (you'll still have to use BLTC's cure for that).

-The Pip-boy status effects screen generally fails to display new custom withdrawal effects until after a save and reload. Unfortunately, I'm not the first to encounter this issue; I have seen at least one author of a regular addiction mod complain about the same thing. As far as I can tell it's an engine bug. My workaround was to add an MCM button/hotkey to display your current BLTC addiction effects for easy reference. See the description for “Display Player's Cum Addictions” in the MCM section above.

Patches

-Smokeable Cigarettes compatibility patch

-Cum addiction unaffected by Chem Resistance perk

My Thanks To

-kinggath once again, for the wonderful and incomparable Bethesda Mod School series on YouTube. Credit to him as well for the controller quest template that I'm still using from his Mod School Resources pack.

-Seddon4494, for his succinct but still immensely useful Fallout 4 Creation Kit Tutorial series on YouTube.

-Enter_77 for Silent Voice Generator, one of the easiest and most straightforward modding tools I have used thus far. It's so user friendly and quick that I will henceforth consider any unskippable, unvoiced quest dialogue tantamount to a war crime.

-Joint thanks to Nebuchadnezzer2 and EgoBallistic for the AAF event listening structure that I've now used on three different mods. I originally lifted it from the former, who originally lifted it from the latter apparently (“From God, to Kane, to Seth; I am his right hand.). All part of the great circle of plagiarism 'community knowledge'. ?

-Special thanks to the AAF Help Discord for their assistance past, present, and future.

-Honorable mention to Saya_Scarlett for the often thankless work of maintaining the AAF Fucking Manual.

-Second honorable mention to Vaultbait for a one-line suggestion that utterly took over this mod's raison d'être. Actually I'm not sure if I should offer thanks or not, considering the order of magnitude increase in work required...

-Third honorable mention to kziitd for the baseline face preset (slightly modified for this mod), cum mesh, and character idle used in the title image.

Permissions

Feel free to re-post, re-host, patch, translate, and/or incorporate into your own mods as long as the result is freely available and not paywalled. Just give credit back to me and the original LL post. No support offered for sites outside of LL.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/03/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    AAF, MCM, animation packs with tags/themes

19 minutes ago, leduss said:

hello spicydoritos

Very good idea but

just to tell you that advanced need has been replaced by flashy PIE
(1.5.4 last version for now)

https://discord.com/channels/887778883192127518/887782381321322546

could you make a version compatible with this mod?

I will take a glance, but just to clarify, BLTC has no special compatibility with AN2.  It's just that regular food and drink satisfied AN2's implementation of hunger and thirst.

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Thanks so much! I've wanted something like this for ages.

Also, using proper addictions makes the "junkie's" legendary equipment even more tempting now.

Yeah and this mod is like 80% your fault.  You should read through my "Thanks" section.  :sweat_smile: 

2 hours ago, KillinCuzICan said:

Yet another reason to BANG EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!! However, I am concerned about that Uncommon cravings bit...ah well, I'll figure something out, thanks Spicy!

You can set the chance pretty low, or even turn it off via MCM settings if it's not your cup of tea (or if you just get sick of it).  ?

39 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

I will take a glance, but just to clarify, BLTC has no special compatibility with AN2.  It's just that regular food and drink satisfied AN2's implementation of hunger and thirst.

It's very nice to you thank you.

I tried with the hunger and thirst mod PIE 1.5.6 to see if by initializing a scene with aaf and a blowjob animation if the hunger and thirst would disappear but no! hence my question on compatibility.

however another question do you have to play survival mod for your mod to work?

because the PIE mod replaces the vanilla survival mod and adds other very interesting options.

cordially

7 minutes ago, leduss said:

I tried with the hunger and thirst mod PIE 1.5.6 to see if by initializing a scene with aaf and a blowjob animation if the hunger and thirst would disappear but no! hence my question on compatibility.

Depending on your sustenance settings, it may take multiple scenes to satisfy hunger/thirst.  Can you try turning human sustenance (or whichever race you're having sex with) to 1 or higher?  Then repeat the test.

8 minutes ago, leduss said:

however another question do you have to play survival mod for your mod to work?

because the PIE mod replaces the vanilla survival mod and adds other very interesting options.

Nope, it should work in any mode (obviously hunger/thirst won't do anything if you don't have those mechanics active).  I typically run regular mode with AN2.  Although I will check out PIE.

3 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Depending on your sustenance settings, it may take multiple scenes to satisfy hunger/thirst.  Can you try turning human sustenance (or whichever race you're having sex with) to 1 or higher?  Then repeat the test.

Nope, it should work in any mode (obviously hunger/thirst won't do anything if you don't have those mechanics active).  I typically run regular mode with AN2.  Although I will check out PIE.

I just tried this myself using PIE 1.5.6 (with human sustenance at 1) and it worked as expected.

However, I must say I'm disappointed that PIE uses a holotape for settings instead of MCM.  Feels like a huge step backwards.

11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

However, I must say I'm disappointed that PIE uses a holotape for settings instead of MCM.  Feels like a huge step backwards.

It is to  have best compatibility with Xbox version but he says that he would make a mcm when all the features are set

Mcm is great and even more so with the new mod mcm settings that saves every setting

Did I understand this correctly where cum would work as food and water to satisfy Advanced Needs? If so, I am am missing something because if my character goes without food or water she gets the debuff from Advanced Needs and it does not matter how many times she honks on bobo.

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

It is to  have best compatibility with Xbox version

Ahhh of course, that makes sense. 

13 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

For those not yet aware of its existence, MCM Settings Manager.

So I saw that when it popped up on Nexus.  Does it work for ALL MCM settings, or just the ones contained within a mod's MCM [ESP Name].ini file?  Does it carry over the pages of settings from Sexual Harassment?

A bit of technical background: from a modder's perspective, there are two primary ways to store a value via MCM.  First is to save it directly into an existing global variable in your esp.  Second is to save it to an ini file in the mod's MCM subfolder.  The first method is vastly easier to work with inside an esp, and also the values are baked into the save, but will be lost on new games.  The second method is easy to carry over between new games, and is easy to work with in scripts, but harder if you need to check the value in your esp (you end up having to make a global variable anyway, watch for MCM settings changes, and transfer the values; big hassle).  Long story short, I can see how it'd be easy to hoover up all the values in MCM ini files, but capturing the values set by the first method seems more difficult.

21 minutes ago, Olmech said:

Did I understand this correctly where cum would work as food and water to satisfy Advanced Needs? If so, I am am missing something because if my character goes without food or water she gets the debuff from Advanced Needs and it does not matter how many times she honks on bobo.

If you are on the receiving end of oral, you should be gaining sustenance based on racial settings (human default is 0.25).  Once sustenance totals 1 or more, you'll get food and/or water depending on your settings.  I run AN2 and it definitely satisfies those hunger/thirst stacks.

If it continues to not work for you, feel free to post your papyrus log and I'll take a look.

49 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Ahhh of course, that makes sense. 

So I saw that when it popped up on Nexus.  Does it work for ALL MCM settings, or just the ones contained within a mod's MCM [ESP Name].ini file?  Does it carry over the pages of settings from Sexual Harassment?

A bit of technical background: from a modder's perspective, there are two primary ways to store a value via MCM.  First is to save it directly into an existing global variable in your esp.  Second is to save it to an ini file in the mod's MCM subfolder.  The first method is vastly easier to work with inside an esp, and also the values are baked into the save, but will be lost on new games.  The second method is easy to carry over between new games, and is easy to work with in scripts, but harder if you need to check the value in your esp (you end up having to make a global variable anyway, watch for MCM settings changes, and transfer the values; big hassle).  Long story short, I can see how it'd be easy to hoover up all the values in MCM ini files, but capturing the values set by the first method seems more difficult.

I'm not entirely sure I know the answer, but the preset I created with it does show a bunch of Sexual Harassment values when I pull it up in a text editor.

The way I've been using this is to start a new game from an unmodded save just inside the Vault 111 entrance, set up all the mods I use for a particular type of playthrough (which involves a ton of time combing through MCM options putting ones which don't remember their prior state to the values I prefer from my extensive notes), and then export the lot with MCM Settings Manager and create a preset for it from that. Then the next time I need to restart, all my MCM setup steps are basically to load that preset and flick a few switches which do stateless things like put activator items in my inventory. If I want to make changes, I load from the unmodded save again, apply the preset, adjust whatever I desire in MCM, export again and make a new preset.

What I'm unsure of yet is how it will cope with updates to mods which alter their MCM options. It may work fine, but worst case I'll just recreate my presets from scratch under those specific circumstances.

Edit: I also haven't tried creating presets farther into a playthrough and then reusing those on restarts... if mods store ephemeral info in hidden MCM keys instead of in the character record or F4SE state then that could get hairy. As such, I'm just avoiding doing that for now.

Edited by vaultbait
34 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm not entirely sure I know the answer, but the preset I created with it does show a bunch of Sexual Harassment values when I pull it up in a text editor.

The way I've been using this is to start a new game from an unmodded save just inside the Vault 111 entrance, set up all the mods I use for a particular type of playthrough (which involves a ton of time combing through MCM options putting ones which don't remember their prior state to the values I prefer from my extensive notes), and then export the lot with MCM Settings Manager and create a preset for it from that. Then the next time I need to restart, all my MCM setup steps are basically to load that preset and flick a few switches which do stateless things like put activator items in my inventory. If I want to make changes, I load from the unmodded save again, apply the preset, adjust whatever I desire in MCM, export again and make a new preset.

What I'm unsure of yet is how it will cope with updates to mods which alter their MCM options. It may work fine, but worst case I'll just recreate my presets from scratch under those specific circumstances.

Edit: I also haven't tried creating presets farther into a playthrough and then reusing those on restarts... if mods store ephemeral info in hidden MCM keys instead of in the character record or F4SE state then that could get hairy. As such, I'm just avoiding doing that for now.

Harassment uses global variable settings exclusively, so if the Settings Manager is saving those values, I'm pretty optimistic.  I would LOVE to save 30+ minutes on new game start.

11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

If it continues to not work for you, feel free to post your papyrus log and I'll take a look.

I think its working...I am just not receiving much oral action. I play with Hardship and you dont get to decide really what clients/menacing raiders want. Just not getting good rolls I guess. Since I routinely have items stolen because of Hardship, it would be nice if the times you do get oral counted for more. As is, my AP is all the way in the red from lack of food.

11 minutes ago, Olmech said:

I think its working...I am just not receiving much oral action. I play with Hardship and you dont get to decide really what clients/menacing raiders want. Just not getting good rolls I guess. Since I routinely have items stolen because of Hardship, it would be nice if the times you do get oral counted for more. As is, my AP is all the way in the red from lack of food.

You can turn up the sustenance settings in MCM.  Set them to 1 or higher if oral events are rare for you.

15 hours ago, Olmech said:

I play with Hardship and you dont get to decide really what clients/menacing raiders want.

For its normal prostitution clients, turn on the "suck for smokes" config option and you can directly ask to blow the john that way.