30 minutes ago, Lapsio said:

When addiction level rises? I'm stuck on level 1 for everything

The delta between addiction levels 1 and 2 for any given race category is 120, and between levels 2 and 3 it's another 150.  Different creatures add different amounts to your addiction level.  For example, humans add 15 each, while feral ghouls add 25 each.  You also won't earn as much if the sex events are too close together (this generally only happens with multi-partner scenes or gangbangs). 

17 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

The delta between addiction levels 1 and 2 for any given race category is 120, and between levels 2 and 3 it's another 150.  Different creatures add different amounts to your addiction level.  For example, humans add 15 each, while feral ghouls add 25 each.  You also won't earn as much if the sex events are too close together (this generally only happens with multi-partner scenes or gangbangs). 

is it possible to check current level? I mean to test if it works I was starting encounters for like 2 real life hours straight with dual actor bed anim and then tried AAF Violate surrender encounter with 30 wolves spawned by console (with exhaustion rounds set to 30) and I'm still on level 1. Can I check what is current addiction score? Using CLI or something. When does this level decrease?

Edited by Lapsio
3 hours ago, Lapsio said:

is it possible to check current level? I mean to test if it works I was starting encounters for like 2 real life hours straight with dual actor bed anim and then tried AAF Violate surrender encounter with 30 wolves spawned by console (with exhaustion rounds set to 30) and I'm still on level 1. Can I check what is current addiction score? Using CLI or something. When does this level decrease?

The easiest way would be to use something like Better Console, highlight yourself, then look through the actor values.  Addiction level names all have the form BLTC_AVHumanoidAddiction (replace "Humanoid" with Canine, Mirelurk, etc).  Or type "help BLTC_AV 4" into the console, find the one you want to check, then type "player.getav BLTC_AVHumanoidAddiction" or any other variant.

Addiction level does not decrease unless you either find the cure or wait the full 7-day withdrawal duration.  Note: all magic effect durations seem to go slower while sleeping/waiting.  If you're still having issues, feel free to post your papyrus log and I'll take a quick glance.

2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

type "player.getav BLTC_AVHumanoidAddiction" or any other variant.

So I used that (AVCanineAddiction) and it seems that canine addiction is stuck at -70. I tried with Mongrels, Dogmeat, Junkyard Dogs, Mutant Hounds, Wolves and it's always stuck at -70. Interestingly it does apparently work for some other addictions like wildanimal or insectoid and in those cases I'm able to get addicted.

Somehow someday in the past I managed to get addicted to canine cum but now I'm no longer able to if I cure my addiction (I recently updated BLTC so I'm not sure if it may be related to that). Anyhow here's my papyrus log. I just loaded up game and fired up encounter with dogmeat, then closed the game so I hope it's simple to analyze.

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Lapsio
1 hour ago, Lapsio said:

So I used that (AVCanineAddiction) and it seems that canine addiction is stuck at -70. I tried with Mongrels, Dogmeat, Junkyard Dogs, Mutant Hounds, Wolves and it's always stuck at -70. Interestingly it does apparently work for some other addictions like wildanimal or insectoid and in those cases I'm able to get addicted.

Somehow someday in the past I managed to get addicted to canine cum but now I'm no longer able to if I cure my addiction (I recently updated BLTC so I'm not sure if it may be related to that). Anyhow here's my papyrus log. I just loaded up game and fired up encounter with dogmeat, then closed the game so I hope it's simple to analyze.

Papyrus.0.log 170.13 kB · 0 downloads

I don't see any obvious misbehavior from BLTC, which unfortunately makes the issue harder to diagnose.  All the steps fire properly and it applies Dogmeat's cum potion (or at least it says it does).  Some thoughts/questions/troubleshooting in no particular order:

1- Do the chem effects and VFX still work even if the AV doesn't update?

2- Which cure did you take (vanilla or cumethadone) and are you running survival mode or non?

3- Which BLTC version did you update from and to?

4- Try taking the cumethadone just to reset everything, and test if AV starts working properly.

5- Try setting the non-working AV manually to see if it sticks.  "player.modav BLTC_AVCanineAddiction 15"

6- Try ingesting the potion manually and see what happens.  Use "help BLTC 4 alch" and find dogmeat's cum or any other that's not working after scenes.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

I don't see any obvious misbehavior from BLTC, which unfortunately makes the issue harder to diagnose.  All the steps fire properly and it applies Dogmeat's cum potion (or at least it says it does).  Some thoughts/questions/troubleshooting in no particular order:

1- Do the chem effects and VFX still work even if the AV doesn't update?

2- Which cure did you take (vanilla or cumethadone) and are you running survival mode or non?

3- Which BLTC version did you update from and to?

4- Try taking the cumethadone just to reset everything, and test if AV starts working properly.

5- Try setting the non-working AV manually to see if it sticks.  "player.modav BLTC_AVCanineAddiction 15"

6- Try ingesting the potion manually and see what happens.  Use "help BLTC 4 alch" and find dogmeat's cum or any other that's not working after scenes.

So it turns out tgm causes btlc_avcanineaddiction points to not accumulate. When I disable tgm before encounter it adds points properly. It's a bit weird why it only affects canine addiction effects but maybe it's somehow related to fact that I'm with dogmeat as companion so maybe tgm somehow interferes with that... No idea. It could be that back when I got addiction in the first place I didn't have tgm enabled thus it worked.

1 hour ago, Lapsio said:

So it turns out tgm causes btlc_avcanineaddiction points to not accumulate. When I disable tgm before encounter it adds points properly. It's a bit weird why it only affects canine addiction effects but maybe it's somehow related to fact that I'm with dogmeat as companion so maybe tgm somehow interferes with that... No idea. It could be that back when I got addiction in the first place I didn't have tgm enabled thus it worked.

Yeah TGM will wreak havoc with consumables (if not block them all outright).  BLTC's magic effects, like many others, are applied via potion on the back end.  No surprise that you would see them become inconsistent or outright fail.

Well since I don't seem to have a major new bug on hand, I can drop this update that I've been sitting on all day.  ?

Version 1.05 is up!

v. 1.05

-Fixed a nasty bug that could cause an endless loop of withdrawal VFX in rare circumstances.

-Fixed a bug that allowed player to inadvertently complete the Cum Collection quest after abandoning it.

-Added optional antibiotic effect to ingested cum.

-Added optional caffeine effect to ingested cum.

-Packed the sound files into a ba2.

Some notes on antibiotics and caffeine:  Both of these work normally in vanilla survival mode.  Antibiotic effects don't work at all with Advanced Needs 2 because that mod uses its own custom keyworded diseases, however it should work fine with Flashy's AN76 (formerly called PIE).  Caffeine effects work with AN2 and AN76 but share a bug: anything caffeinated will also cure a stack of thirst.  AN76 will likely receive a future update to resolve this issue.

Would it be possible to add effects duration multiplier in options? VFX effects are imho really cool and whole thing is cool and feels quite fleshed out but due to nature of AAF it's more troublesome to trigger encounters so often. I mean it's not like jet or whatever where you can bind hotkey and spam it from time to time. AAF gathers actors then it loads then it waits for animation to end and basically when you do this every 2 minutes it may come as somewhat troublesome. I considered altering game timescale parameter but I'm a bit afraid it could break something in game or break other mods that are time-dependent. Separate multiplier just for BLTC would probably be less intrusive, even if not as immersive.

1 hour ago, Lapsio said:

Would it be possible to add effects duration multiplier in options? VFX effects are imho really cool and whole thing is cool and feels quite fleshed out but due to nature of AAF it's more troublesome to trigger encounters so often. I mean it's not like jet or whatever where you can bind hotkey and spam it from time to time. AAF gathers actors then it loads then it waits for animation to end and basically when you do this every 2 minutes it may come as somewhat troublesome. I considered altering game timescale parameter but I'm a bit afraid it could break something in game or break other mods that are time-dependent. Separate multiplier just for BLTC would probably be less intrusive, even if not as immersive.

Short answer: It's possible to add what you want but not in an elegant or polished manner.  Easiest solution is to open up your copy of CK or xEdit and change the durations on the relevant imagespace modifiers (BLTC_ISMCanine, etc).

Longer, more technical answer:  All of my VFX use imagespace modifiers (aka image space adapters in xEdit).  ISMs can be built with either no duration or a fixed duration; there's no entry for a variable there.  The same is true of magic effects on spells, of course, but you can skirt around that limitation with perks that specifically modify spell duration.  Think of the "Chemist" line of perks that extend chem effect durations.  Sadly, there does not appear to be a perk entry point that will modify ISM duration.

So now we come to option #2, ISM with no duration.  At least one other chem VFX mod is built this way.  They turn the VFX on using an OnEffectStart event, and off again with OnEffectFinish.  That method works but it lacks one important thing that I find particularly nice: slow fadeout.  The durationless VFX are either full on or totally off.  Personally I find it jarring.  A slow return to normalcy feels much more realistic and enjoyable to me.

Now we're at option #3, which is to make multiple ISMs with different fixed durations.  I definitely considered this option when developing the VFX, and ultimately decided against it.  It quickly becomes a geometric time investment for such a small outcome.  Consider a situation where I just want to keep the original 3 minute duration, but also simply add an option for the VFX to match the narcotics duration.  Except there are other factors that alter the narcotics duration, such as the aforementioned Chemist line of perks... which alone has four ranks.  So now we're talking about six different variants of my ISMs, for each of my ISMs.  Followed by all the script handling, and heaven help me if I want to change any of them.  Ugh. 

Consider also my personal dislike of long-duration effects that impede my "view of the action", as it were, and I settled on the 3 minute duration.  To me it represents a quick burst of euphoria, followed by a lingering period of high-functioning beneficial effects.  I figured others might want differently, and this is the kind of situation where normally I'm happy to add an MCM option, but in this instance it seemed like a bad balance of effort to outcome.  Helping my decision along is the knowledge that changing the durations is trivially easy in CK or xEdit (see below).

Spoiler

ISM_edit.thumb.png.2f30ecd6507745b7c2c88afa2a4f36d5.png

23 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Short answer: It's possible to add what you want but not in an elegant or polished manner.  Easiest solution is to open up your copy of CK or xEdit and change the durations on the relevant imagespace modifiers (BLTC_ISMCanine, etc).

Longer, more technical answer:  All of my VFX use imagespace modifiers (aka image space adapters in xEdit).  ISMs can be built with either no duration or a fixed duration; there's no entry for a variable there.  The same is true of magic effects on spells, of course, but you can skirt around that limitation with perks that specifically modify spell duration.  Think of the "Chemist" line of perks that extend chem effect durations.  Sadly, there does not appear to be a perk entry point that will modify ISM duration.

So now we come to option #2, ISM with no duration.  At least one other chem VFX mod is built this way.  They turn the VFX on using an OnEffectStart event, and off again with OnEffectFinish.  That method works but it lacks one important thing that I find particularly nice: slow fadeout.  The durationless VFX are either full on or totally off.  Personally I find it jarring.  A slow return to normalcy feels much more realistic and enjoyable to me.

Now we're at option #3, which is to make multiple ISMs with different fixed durations.  I definitely considered this option when developing the VFX, and ultimately decided against it.  It quickly becomes a geometric time investment for such a small outcome.  Consider a situation where I just want to keep the original 3 minute duration, but also simply add an option for the VFX to match the narcotics duration.  Except there are other factors that alter the narcotics duration, such as the aforementioned Chemist line of perks... which alone has four ranks.  So now we're talking about six different variants of my ISMs, for each of my ISMs.  Followed by all the script handling, and heaven help me if I want to change any of them.  Ugh. 

Consider also my personal dislike of long-duration effects that impede my "view of the action", as it were, and I settled on the 3 minute duration.  To me it represents a quick burst of euphoria, followed by a lingering period of high-functioning beneficial effects.  I figured others might want differently, and this is the kind of situation where normally I'm happy to add an MCM option, but in this instance it seemed like a bad balance of effort to outcome.  Helping my decision along is the knowledge that changing the durations is trivially easy in CK or xEdit (see below).

Hide contents

ISM_edit.thumb.png.2f30ecd6507745b7c2c88afa2a4f36d5.png

Ok if it's not variable then indeed those options you mentioned sound like bad ideas. Manual on/off apart from problems you mentioned also sounds like how to cause deadlock 101 since I can already imagine like hundred scenarios where script turning effect off would somehow get lost and misfire and player would be permanently stuck with vfx so then there would need to be some emergency switches to force turn off effects and it sounds sketchy af.

However my question was not only related to VFX effects. I was actually more concerned about buffs and debuffs. Because currently it feels like once you get addicted to some relatively rare creature (basically anything other than portable dogmeat) it's kinda... really hard to just play with this addiction untreated because it's starting to be perma debuf 90% of time. It's especially troublesome with big and rare enemies like Deathclaw where it's super easy to get addicted (sometimes it feels like one-hit) but it's really difficult to find such enemies nearby to satisfy hunger so consequences of any encounter with such enemies are quite severe. Especially if you for example get addicted to Commonwealth enemy and you don't want to have debuf for quest in Far Harbour it's basically impossible because even if you get railed in Commonwealth, before you get back to Far Harbour it'll already fade off and become debuff again. The same goes for insects which on the other hand appear in large groups so due to gangbangs it's again easy to get addicted quite fast. At least they're somewhat common I guess but hunting for specific creatures near specific locations may quickly become challenge.

Basically when you do get addicted it goes 180 degree instantly and quite fast. While it feels quite immersive that at high levels of addictions you'd have to get shots really frequently (and probably it's point where one should consider treatment), at level one it'd be probably nice to maybe get some grace period where there's neither positive nor negative effects of addiction. So that at least you have chance to travel in time from that nearest Deathclaw to your superduper hardcore quest location in Far Harbour for example XD

I personally found MCG arousal debuff to be something scaled in time in a way that is really not invasive since I believe it takes few days before you start getting debuffs. Of course addiction is not supposed to be _that_ non invasive since well... it's addiction after all but I believe it'd be nice to be able to have at least limited control over how long it takes for debuff to kick in after encounters. To make it a bit less PITA and be able to actually play with active addictions not run around looking for nearest doctor or addictol.

Edited by Lapsio

To show precisely what I mean:

ScreenShot102.png.9730ad8882dd05e3187231c56d4ea4cb.png

I got from Candy Pond where I had encounter with Bloatflies to my current location and insect mass already faded off and I have debuff again xD It may be bound to fact that I'm playing relatively slowly and taking my time while exploring but it really feels like I travelled 50m and boom - debuff xD

Is cum high perk duration affected by Chemist Perk?

55 minutes ago, Lapsio said:

I can already imagine like hundred scenarios where script turning effect off would somehow get lost and misfire and player would be permanently stuck with vfx so then there would need to be some emergency switches to force turn off effects and it sounds sketchy af

That was an issue in development before I added durations to the VFX.  It's also the reason there's still an MCM debug option to clear all BLTC VFX.

19 minutes ago, Lapsio said:

Is cum high perk duration affected by Chemist Perk?

100% yes.  My current playthrough is the first opportunity I've had to field test BLTC over the long haul, and I ended up taking all four ranks of the Chemist perk.

Overall, there's a lot of merit in your (constructive) criticism.  The model that makes sense for regular chems, of which you can carry a stockpile, is not necessarily a perfect match for cum addiction.  One quick fix would be an MCM slider that multiplies buff duration.  That'd be functionally identical to the Chemist perk and seems easy to implement.

An optional debuff grace period might make sense at addiction level 1.  I've got an idea or two about how I could implement that feature.  IMO the instant flip from "stat buffs" to "addiction debuff" is a weakness of FO4's chem system in general.

Finally, on a longer-term note, I would very much like to include a method of consistently "acquiring" uncommon creature cum.  Nothing so boring as buying from a vendor.  Maybe more like... at a certain addiction level you understand how to make pheremones, and given the right components, creatures find you instead.  I'll brainstorm that one a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.06 is up!

v. 1.06

-Added an MCM slider to multiply narcotics buff duration. This feature stacks with the vanilla Chemist perk.

-Added an MCM slider for a narcotics debuff “grace period”. This feature delays the onset of stat debuffs after associated buffs expire (addiction level 1 only).

-Added an AI package and idle marker to Krista. If she moves out of position for any reason (e.g. as a spectator for an AAF scene), she will now return to her default location afterwards.

-Fixed issue wherein female partners would apply caffeine even when disallowed.

-Fixed issue that could allow negative health to be restored.

-Packaged all files into a FOMOD for better version number display in mod managers.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Version 1.06 is up!

v. 1.06

-Added an MCM slider to multiply narcotics buff duration. This feature stacks with the vanilla Chemist perk.

-Added an MCM slider for a narcotics debuff “grace period”. This feature delays the onset of stat debuffs after associated buffs expire (addiction level 1 only).

-Added an AI package and idle marker to Krista. If she moves out of position for any reason (e.g. as a spectator for an AAF scene), she will now return to her default location afterwards.

-Packaged all files into a FOMOD for better version number display in mod managers.

Cool, I just installed for the first time today and I go back to LL and there's a new update, so just grabbed it instead.  Thanks!!

On 2/21/2022 at 3:58 AM, spicydoritos said:

Version 1.06 is up!

v. 1.06

Great work! Is it possible to add crippling effect to the withdrawal effects in your next patch? lol. I thought it would debilitating enough like real-life. 

1 hour ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Question though - are the liquids collectable after the fact for future use?

I've considered that feature more than once.  Sadly, it'd require me to heavily re-work the application method for healing, sustenance, and caffeine effects.  Right now they're gated behind sex events, which made sense at the time but wasn't the most flexible scripting choice in hindsight.  Which means that currently the feature doesn't rank very high on the effort-to-reward scale, even though I'm positively inclined towards the concept.  So I'll say... it may yet happen in the long run.  Just don't hold your breath. ?

If you find yourself truly in need of "collectible cum" you can spawn the potions via console.  They'll work for the narcotics effects at least. 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:56 AM, tango67 said:

Great work! Is it possible to add crippling effect to the withdrawal effects in your next patch? lol. I thought it would debilitating enough like real-life. 

That sounds appropriately realistic but a bit too punitive.  Movement speed reductions in general tend to be tremendously annoying in FO4; now consider a world where you're highly addicted to something uncommon like mirelurks, and you just end up crippled by default after ~15 minutes.  Ugh.  Throw in the annoyance of trying to maintain a crippling effect in the face of stimpaks, bed rest, doctors, etc, and this one probably isn't in the cards.  Appreciate the suggestion anyway!

25 minutes ago, astor said:

Still getting notifications after disabling them in teh MCM

Erm, I tried just now in my own save and couldn't replicate.  Which notifications are you seeing?  Any from BLTC will have "BLTC: " in front of the text.  Things like "You had a drink" or "Caffeine perked you up" or "You feel effects wearing off" are not sent by BLTC.  What does your BLTC.ini file look like (it's in MCM/Settings)?

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Well, messages like, "You have become addicted to human cum" accompanied by the screen fx, or, "you are desperate for a hit of human cum" with a staggering effect. I don't know of another mod that deals with such things, but i'm open to suggestions.

[FoodHealing]
bMasterHealingActive=1
[Debug]
bMCMVerboseLogging=0
bMCMShowNotifications=0

5 hours ago, astor said:

Well, messages like, "You have become addicted to human cum" accompanied by the screen fx, or, "you are desperate for a hit of human cum" with a staggering effect. I don't know of another mod that deals with such things, but i'm open to suggestions.

[FoodHealing]
bMasterHealingActive=1
[Debug]
bMCMVerboseLogging=0
bMCMShowNotifications=0

"You have become addicted to X" is a vanilla addiction message, not part of BLTC.  Same for lines like "X has worn off".  No setting in BLTC will disable those.

However, "desperate for X" messages are definitely from BLTC.  I'm not sure what's happening to cause the issue on your end.  When disabled in MCM, those messages didn't appear in either my main save or my clean test environment.  Your own settings appear correct. 

If you want to install this diagnostic patch, it'll print a bunch of extra information about BLTC notifications to your papyrus log.  Then you can either take a better look yourself or post it here and I'll see if anything stands out.  Uninstall any time.

BLTC notif diag.zip

5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

"You have become addicted to X" is a vanilla addiction message, not part of BLTC.  Same for lines like "X has worn off".  No setting in BLTC will disable those.

However, "desperate for X" messages are definitely from BLTC.  I'm not sure what's happening to cause the issue on your end.  When disabled in MCM, those messages didn't appear in either my main save or my clean test environment.  Your own settings appear correct. 

If you want to install this diagnostic patch, it'll print a bunch of extra information about BLTC notifications to your papyrus log.  Then you can either take a better look yourself or post it here and I'll see if anything stands out.  Uninstall any time.

BLTC notif diag.zip 20.87 kB · 1 download

It's all gibberish to me...

Papyrus.0.log