7 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I'm about ready to buy the dev(s) a fruit basket.  ❤️

It's freakinstatic ! :) I would love to have that mod to Skyrim

You modders are pushing and adding and making things great, i don't even play anymore games except for fallout(s) or elder scrolls games :P

17 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

FYI @tuxagent7 and @vaultbait, I finally got to try out that MCM Settings Manager and it seems to be transferring settings flawlessly.  All my little nitpicky numeric selections to Harassment, Sex Attributes, etc loaded right up in a new game.

I'm about ready to buy the dev(s) a fruit basket.  ❤️

It would have literally saved me weeks of my life if it had been part of MCM from the beginning.

Glad you're finding it equally useful!

Version 1.02 is up!  Just some minor fixes and edge case handling.

v. 1.02

-Fix for doctors curing addiction in survival mode in spite of MCM settings.

-Minor tweak to vanilla Refreshing Beverage to match UFO4P changes.

-Krista's repeatable quest now has a default objective if all racial addiction options are disabled.

-Withdrawal's week-long timer now clears when addictions are cured.

I like the mod, thanks for putting it out there.  One thing I missed from Skyrim is more addiction type mods and this is great.

I've used it for just a few days now, but I started to think about visual effects and how they could be implemented.  One way would be that when the addiction kicks up to the next level, maybe a screen blur or something.  And when you get your favored cum, a temporary trippy effect.  I started looking at how to mesh something from Chems and Alcohol Visual FX but I haven't looked much at how they are implemented and it wasn't immediately clear as to which spell effect from Cumistry I'd want to apply it to.  Visual effects is something I haven't played around with yet as far as modding goes, so it's a little bit of a learning curve.  I like the Daddy-O and Daytripper effects from that mod, would be neat to have something like that with the cum.

Just some thoughts, maybe at some point I'll spend more time and figure out how to do it in my game..

11 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I like the mod, thanks for putting it out there.  One thing I missed from Skyrim is more addiction type mods and this is great.

I've used it for just a few days now, but I started to think about visual effects and how they could be implemented.  One way would be that when the addiction kicks up to the next level, maybe a screen blur or something.  And when you get your favored cum, a temporary trippy effect.  I started looking at how to mesh something from Chems and Alcohol Visual FX but I haven't looked much at how they are implemented and it wasn't immediately clear as to which spell effect from Cumistry I'd want to apply it to.  Visual effects is something I haven't played around with yet as far as modding goes, so it's a little bit of a learning curve.  I like the Daddy-O and Daytripper effects from that mod, would be neat to have something like that with the cum.

Just some thoughts, maybe at some point I'll spend more time and figure out how to do it in my game..

Slevin's FX mod uses pretty simple methods to implement the visual effects.  It's just a little script attached to one of the chem's magic effects that applies the visual OnEffectStart and removes it OnEffectFinish.  Implementing the effects onto cum wouldn't be too difficult.  I would 100% want to make it optional, because I know that I personally got tired of the visual effects impeding my view of the action back when I had it installed for Raider Pet.  ?

Making the effects rarer seems more interesting, though.  Also slightly more difficult to implement, but that's what makes mod writing fun, eh?  I'm wrapped up in another project at the moment but I like this idea as a follow-up.

52 minutes ago, Tburgundy said:

So there seems to be a conflict with the update and the mod smokeable cigarettes, nicotine addiction can’t be cured with addictol, by doctors or cumethodone. It just sticks with you. Haven’t tried other addictions yet.

I can confirm there's an issue.  I'm running V1.0, My character has Alcohol addiction and I also have Smokable Cigarettes installed so I just tested it.  I happen to be right near a doctor, so I upgraded to 1.02a and got her to cure chem addiction on me.  Interestingly, it changed my alcohol addiction to nicotine addiction.  I reverted back to V1.0 and went back in, and the alcohol addiction treatment was working as expected.

I will make a backup of the save and keep running V1.0 for now.  If any other testing is needed let me know.

Most likely issue is that Smokeable Cigarettes also modifies the vanilla records for curing addiction.  I'm afraid there isn't really a good way around that problem (see "Known Issues" section of the mod description).  Honestly my recommendation is to load Smokeable Cigarettes after BLTC.  Unfortunately, doing so means that doctors and addictol will cure cum addiction regardless of your settings.

53 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Most likely issue is that Smokeable Cigarettes also modifies the vanilla records for curing addiction.  I'm afraid there isn't really a good way around that problem (see "Known Issues" section of the mod description).  Honestly my recommendation is to load Smokeable Cigarettes after BLTC.  Unfortunately, doing so means that doctors and addictol will cure cum addiction regardless of your settings.

@Tburgundy

I upgraded back to 1.02a to test the following scenario.  I left my load order as it was for this test, with Better Living at a higher priority than Smokeable Cigars

Alternative work around:

- Cure addiction like you normally would, e.g. Alcohol Addiction by talking to doctor and paying (immersive)

- If it gets turned into Nicotine Addiction, this spell is added by the mod Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints

- Open Console

- help "nicotine" 0

- returns ID of spell xx000FA9

- player.removespell xx000FA9

- change first 2 characters of Spell ID based on output of help command

I will continue to use this as a work around for now and see if there are any anomalies that arise.

19 minutes ago, gooser said:

So sleep won't eventually cure the withdrawal effects? 

It will, yes.  The withdrawal effect timer is set to 7 days.  Be aware that the timer doesn't move at the same rate while waiting or sleeping, or at least it didn't in my testing.  So the actual time required may vary.

42 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

It will, yes.  The withdrawal effect timer is set to 7 days.  Be aware that the timer doesn't move at the same rate while waiting or sleeping, or at least it didn't in my testing.  So the actual time required may vary.

I realize that many are probably using your mod in Survival, but I do not use Survival mode. Is there a way to add configuration in the MCM for the withdrawal degrade timer that is tied to sleeping? Regular chem addictions don't seem to last as long as 7 days.

2 hours ago, Marg597 said:

@Tburgundy

I upgraded back to 1.02a to test the following scenario.  I left my load order as it was for this test, with Better Living at a higher priority than Smokeable Cigars

Alternative work around:

- Cure addiction like you normally would, e.g. Alcohol Addiction by talking to doctor and paying (immersive)

- If it gets turned into Nicotine Addiction, this spell is added by the mod Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints

- Open Console

- help "nicotine" 0

- returns ID of spell xx000FA9

- player.removespell xx000FA9

- change first 2 characters of Spell ID based on output of help command

I will continue to use this as a work around for now and see if there are any anomalies that arise.

6 hours ago, Tburgundy said:

So there seems to be a conflict with the update and the mod smokeable cigarettes, nicotine addiction can’t be cured with addictol, by doctors or cumethodone. It just sticks with you. Haven’t tried other addictions yet.

Try this patch (esl-flagged esp) for running Smokeable Cigs with BLTC.  Make sure to load it after both mods.  Let me know if it works.

BLTC SC Patch.zip

45 minutes ago, gooser said:

I realize that many are probably using your mod in Survival, but I do not use Survival mode. Is there a way to add configuration in the MCM for the withdrawal degrade timer that is tied to sleeping? Regular chem addictions don't seem to last as long as 7 days.

The withdrawal timer uses CK's built-in duration system, like all the chem effects in BLTC.  Whether that timer goes faster or slower is entirely at the mercy of the way FO4's engine handles effect durations (barring any other mods that might interfere).  If you want to tweak it in CK, change the value in the image below.

Spoiler

withdrawal_timer.jpg.88205a548542c29ce6e44fcd33ff035e.jpg

8 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Try this patch (esl-flagged esp) for running Smokeable Cigs with BLTC.  Make sure to load it after both mods.  Let me know if it works.

BLTC SC Patch.zip 3.39 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks!  I just tried it with the same save as the previous test and the alcohol addiction condition was removed as normal by the doctor and nothing else was applied in its place.  I will keep playing with the patch and if there's any issues I'll let you know, but the script looks good.  Nice job :)

I've been using Light Em Up 2.0 - Smokable Cigarettes with Survival Autosave which has a similar nicotine addiction. I've got BLTC's plugin loading after that, and as expected doctors and Addictol don't cure cum addictions. They also seem to not cure nicotine addiction (no idea if they did previously... I expect so?), but I don't bother trying to cure it since I'll just be hooked again pretty immediately thereafter.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I've been using Light Em Up 2.0 - Smokable Cigarettes with Survival Autosave which has a similar nicotine addiction. I've got BLTC's plugin loading after that, and as expected doctors and Addictol don't cure cum addictions. They also seem to not cure nicotine addiction (no idea if they did previously... I expect so?), but I don't bother trying to cure it since I'll just be hooked again pretty immediately thereafter.

Well if you decide you want them to work together I can take a look.  Might be as simple a fix as the other patch.