The Witcher; Season 2 begins December 17 on Netflix - will you be watching?

Will you be watching the second season of the Witcher coming December 17?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the second season of the Witcher coming December 17?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • The What?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2021 at 02:49 PM

I really enjoy the witcher series imo they picked the perfect cast for the characters. Henry Cavill is perfect as Geralt and Anya Chalotra as Yennefer is amazing in that role imo. I see some people complain about her as Yennefer and I honestly don't see what's wrong honestly. Freya Allan is pretty good as Ciri as well and any others I missed

Not a big fan of the first season.

But I loved books and games.

I will give a go to the second series.

(as side not I think the Nightmare of the wolf was pure crap.)

7 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I don't have Netflix (I don't watch much TV).

I have just started to read the books though which I'm enjoying, the English translation is well written and started a new W3 game

I actually saw the first season before I read the books and I've never played the games. I can see where people who had read the books first were disappointed. There were some significant differences but I believe that they got the overall tone down pretty well. In many ways this first season reminds me of watching the Lord of the Rings. There were some significant differences, some things I thought were important were left out entirely BUT the movie was a faithful adaptation given that they could spend only a certain amount of time on it or nobody but the most ardent fans (like me) would have watched it.

37 minutes ago, CPU said:

Not a big fan of the first season.

But I loved books and games.

I will give a go to the second series.

(as side not I think the Nightmare of the wolf was pure crap.)

That sounds like me with Foundation tv series based off of Isaac Asimov who I'm a huge fan of or Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson's Wheel of Time and the Tv series they are making or Dune. I'm afraid they will destroy it somehow and add unnecessary stuff or remove it.

Sorry back on topic may I ask what you didn't like about the first season? Though I did like the cast generally I did not like who they chose for Triss

Edited by Hiderius
10 minutes ago, Hiderius said:

...may I ask what you didn't like about the first season?...

Not close to the books neither to the games. (and games and books are not 100% close to each other)

So a "third novel" of the same character.

And effects were quite cheap. But that is quite normal for a first series. As far I know the second series had a budget way bigger.

Speaking as someone that didn't like the games and never read the books i thought the netflix series was pretty good, is a bit confusing when they decide to jump around in time though

Think its fairly common if you read the books of something to not like the tv/movie version as i read the lords of the rings books as a kid and hated the movies

29 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_ph34r:

Hide contents

Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

Or, precisely:

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/A_Grain_of_Truth

?

The are generally metaphysical in their (allegorical) meaning. St. George and the Dragon is a typical example and Disney's Pinocchio*, based on a novel by a C19th Freemason, is one of my favourites.

*Pinocchio = pine-eye = pineal gland = ajna chakra = third-eye chakra.

5 hours ago, Slorm said:

started a new W3 game

I'm playing Crusader Kings III. Two weeks of hell trying to get 10-12 mods to work and now, finally, week 3 I can learn how to actually play the game (which is fiendishly involved and complicated). At least I've got my sex animations working. ?

37 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

The are generally metaphysical in their (allegorical) meaning. St. George and the Dragon is a typical example and Disney's Pinocchio*, based on a novel by a C19th Freemason, is one of my favourites.

*Pinocchio = pine-eye = pineal gland = ajna chakra = third-eye chakra.

I seriously doubt Collodi was into that.

Let's stay on topic.

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

Ha Ha Smile Sticker by Emoji

What's wrong with that ? :classic_shy:

I am quite happy with his "Geralt" interpretation. :classic_laugh: And Joey Batey really did a wonderful Dandelion.

Though I think he needs that Van Dyke style beard, suitable for a Viscount de Lettenhove

Edited by worik
9 minutes ago, worik said:

What's wrong with that ? :classic_shy:

I am quite happy with his "Geralt" interpretation. :classic_laugh: And Joey Batey really did a wonderful Dandelion.

Though I think he needs that Van Dyke style beard, suitable for a Viscount de Lettenhove

> You and I already discussed about this subject in one of my diaries. :) We agreed that H. Cavill is excellent choice for Geralt, but as DoctaSax says, his swearing was unusual to hear.  He is not a swearing type or material. Playing Superman is his best role. :) As for Dandelion, I disagree with you. I think that Johnny Depp would be better choice. :P

Edited by EvalovesEP
16 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

He is not a swearing type or material.

16 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

I think that Johnny Depp would be better choice.

I disagree twice here :classic_biggrin:

Spoiler

9f36a65fc89d05e34630361bce2b40b6b0757095 tenor.gif

:classic_tongue:

Edited by worik
2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm playing Crusader Kings III. Two weeks of hell trying to get 10-12 mods to work and now, finally, week 3 I can learn how to actually play the game (which is fiendishly involved and complicated). At least I've got my sex animations working. ?

CK3 is an evil, evil game. More than once I've played a session all night before realising it was 7 in the morning :classic_smile:

At least playing Witcher I get to bed at a reasonable time (sort of 3- 4 am)

Edited by Slorm