[AAF] Sexual Harassment - Gender Neutral NPCs (Dialogue Translation)

View File

Sexual Harassment Gender Neutral NPCs Dialogue Translations

Requires Sexual Harassment and all of its dependencies

There are now 2 versions of this mod:
Player characters with a vagina should use the "Uncocked" version of this mod.
Player characters with a penis should use the "Cocked" version.

Both versions are now compatible with version 1.16.8!

Info:

As a fan of twistedtrebla's Sexual Harassment mod there was one thing I wanted to see change.  The option exists in the MCM to allow female harassers but many sections of the dialogue use he/him/his pronouns to refer to the NPC's.  My goal with this 'translation' is to make those interactions gender neutral in the sense that the NPCs will refer to themselves as they/them.  There are now 2 translations to choose from.  If your character has a vagina, please choose "Uncocked".  If your character has a penis, please choose "Cocked".  Uncocked may still include some female player character pronouns, but I tried to make Cocked more neutral when it comes to the player in order to support a broader range of play styles.  If you want to see a sample of the dialogue changes, I've moved them into this post on the support thread.  Generally I changed the NPC pronouns and adjusted the grammar accordingly. 

If you play through as a male presenting character with a vagina and don't feel that either of these versions work for you, I want to let you know that I'm hoping to do a third version in the future.  Please check the support thread for details and to make suggestions.

I will only be supporting relevant dialogue changes with this mod.  Any other issues should be brought up and discussed in the original Sexual Harassment support thread.  I will do my best to update this mod within a reasonable time frame as the original.

If you like the original mod please go and hit the thumbs up button on its download page!  You can also hit the Follow button to get updates in your inbox.

What's the deal with Uncocked?

Spoiler

"Uncocked" is the original version of Gender Neutral NPCs Dialogue Translations and has been updated to fix 5 more dialogues that I missed the first time around.  If you have the original mod feel free to update to Uncocked for even more immersion.  It's designed for players that are choosing female at the start of play with no changes to genitalia.  NPC dialogue retains the original genital dialogue with regards to playing with clit and fingering, etc.  Player character may still be referred to as 'miss' and 'girl' etc.  But NPC's themselves are referred to neutrally, with They/Them style pronouns.

What's the deal with "Cocked"?

Spoiler

"Cocked" is the new version of the dialogue translation geared towards any player character that has a penis regardless of their presented gender in game.  I wanted to provide a way for more people to enjoy this mod and have it be a bit more immersive.  Play as a Furry Cocksmith?  Awwesome.  Trans woman?  Sounds grand.  Gay gentleman?  Fantastic.  Bisexual?  Quite effectual.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions or run into any lines of dialogue that have pronoun issues.  I think I caught them all, but I may have missed something.  There's definitely at least 1 message prompt which talks about "being wet" and I swear it's got to be buried in a script somewhere because I couldn't find it.  So if you see that one you'll just have to pretend it was raining.  I left some dialogue alone on purpose, like NPC's telling you to bend over, spread your legs, things like that.  So if you're playing as a male with female harassers, I guess you are about to get pegged (or rimmed if you prefer).

Disclaimer 1- Issues with Devious Devices:

If you use Sexual Harassment along with Devious Devices (and I recommend using the DD Community Patch!)
You should definitely check out Devious Devices RC8 Male Addon by @Nivea

Disclaimer 2:

If something doesn't work due to choosing male at character creation, I won't be able to fix it and I don't expect TwistedTrebla to either, since they have specifically designed it to work for female characters.  But if you want to report it in the support thread here so we can keep track of it, that's fine.

Recommended Settings:

- Set the Eligible NPC's in the MCM of Sexual Harassment according to how you want your character to be harassed.  By default the MCM sets female to disabled and male to enabled.  So if you want to go for pure Femdom for example, disable males and enable females.  However you decide to set it up, it should all work out pretty well.

- I recommend setting the maximum devices in SH MCM to between 2-4.  This should allow the "molest" scenes to mostly work ok.  
- If your hair disappears, don't worry.  It's not the radiation catching up with you,  it's just a devious hood that's been applied.
- Turn morphs off since they won't get applied anyway, as they only work for CBBE or Fusion Girl.  However, you can try leaving the chance for injection at default, my assumption is that you'd still get the buff/debuff and dialogue.

Requirements:

Fallout 4 ;)
Sexual Harassment- The original mod is required!  I am only providing a replacement plugin.  

The latest supported version is 1.16.8 (For both Cocked and UnCocked)

If you need an older version for whatever reason, I only have 1.11.5, 1.13.0, 1.13.4 and 1.14.3
Read, Follow and Install all of the requirements for the original mod

Please note that there's a newer version of Devious Devices now, it's currently referred to as the Community Patch.  I'll link to it in the comments.

Installation Instructions:

Spoiler

[AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide - (If you have trouble getting AAF to work properly, please join the discord from the link in the guide!)
Sexual Harassment (SH) (Read and follow the original mod page and get that working first)

Once you have verified that your AAF and SH is working, and have downloaded your chosen version of the dialogue translation:

(Recommended Safer Method) - Install this mod as a higher priority than the original, while keeping the original enabled.  The plugin I am providing is the full plugin from the original mod, so if it has a higher priority in your mod manager then you should start seeing the updated dialogue.  If you install it this way it would be much easier to revert back to the original mod's dialogue if you don't like the changes, by just disabling this mod's entry in your manager (e.g. on the left hand side of Mod Organizer)

OR

(Live on the edge) - Merge the included esp into your existing Sex Harassment mod folder.

Thank You:

@twistedtrebla - for the original mod and giving permission to post this translation!
Epervier 666 and anyone else involved in making the ESP-ESM Translator mod
All the people that make AAF work!

And thank you!

Feel free to follow my blog if you are interested in future plans for this or other mods I've uploaded.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/22/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    AAF, f4se, SexAttributes, Sexual Harassment

Edited by Marg597
Updated Support FP

Here is another dialogue tweak which needs to be done manually by you due to technical limitations.  You can add your own character's name into the Blackmail section with a little FO4Edit knowledge.  The original instructions were missing 1 thing so I corrected it and wanted to share it here as it will eventually get buried in the other support thread.  The dialogue in question is when the blackmailer makes you say "My name is <>. I am a dumb slut."  Keep in mind that when the mod updates you'd need to make this change again unless there's a way to make it a patch which I haven't tried doing yet.

Edited by Marg597

Known Things:

Things I forgot to mention on the download page will go here so as not to send unnecessary update notifications out.

1. The mod still uses the phrase "service my cock" or something to that effect.   I couldn't come up with an alternative that I was happy with.  I'd already changed blowjob to oral, and even that isn't very natural sounding.  Plus most of the animations have strap-on so I figured I would let that one be.

2. The mod still uses "Yes Sir" in the responses.  Couldn't think of a better way for that either.

If you see any other little things I didn't catch feel free to post about it for consideration.

It was mentioned in the other thread that there could be a better way to handle gender with dialogue conditions, and I'll be taking a look to see if it's feasible / something I can understand how to do as a novice modder ;)

You may have noticed that at the bottom of the download page it says "See Change Log".  But there isn't a change log.  That's because there was one, but then I didn't save the post and instead clicked to add files, and lost about an hour+ this morning of updating the description.  It's a classic blunder.  So instead check the 2 "what's the deal" sections.  That's kind of like the change log but it's just not called that. 

Sample Dialogue:

I am attaching the dialogue sample text files to this post.  If you want to get an idea of what this mod changes from the original dialogue, you can check them out. 

Cocked_Sample_Dialogues.txt

Uncocked_Sample_Dialogues.txt

Edited by Marg597
Spoiler Alert: There is no change log.
2 hours ago, blibby said:

Great idea.  Perhaps you expand on this and do a version for male PCs with dominant female dialog.   

That's an interesting idea, I'll consider it.  Do you play as a male PC with Sexual Harassment?  If so, how well does it work for you, is it mostly dialogue issues?

(besides the obvious issue with devious devices not working for males but I assume real handcuffs mod works on males)

3 hours ago, Marg597 said:

That's an interesting idea, I'll consider it.  Do you play as a male PC with Sexual Harassment?  If so, how well does it work for you, is it mostly dialogue issues?

(besides the obvious issue with devious devices not working for males but I assume real handcuffs mod works on males)

It works fine using a male character, but yes, the dialog is the issue.   I don't use the blackmail or fan options, but might if the dialog was normalized for the opposite sex.  Thank you for considering it.

18 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Would very much like to see this too  :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 12:52 PM, blibby said:

It works fine using a male character, but yes, the dialog is the issue.   I don't use the blackmail or fan options, but might if the dialog was normalized for the opposite sex.  Thank you for considering it.

& @spyke123 I started blogging today about the next version, may be uploading it in the next few days depending on how the testing goes. 

Edit:  And the new version(s) are now posted on the download page.

Edited by Marg597
6 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

I read the file titles as "COOKed" and "unCOOKed" and my reaction was "WTF?! Is this the Hannibal Lecter version?"

It's been a long day.

My second choice was "Hisassment" and "Herassment", but it seemed like that would go against the whole point of trying to be gender neutral.

Hey. Glad to see someone working on the dialog for this mod! As much as I'd like to do/make mods myself, I am just a bit behind the curve. I still need to learn a lot.

What I liked so much about SH was always the dialog. I just wished there was more. Particularly when you start the pop ups for being placed in a collar, gagged, then cuffed, and the others (massage fondles, stimulated to orgasm). It was so exciting to read them and make the different choices. But after you've done the same flirt dialog 100 times, you just click through them to get to the result you want/hope for. So I guess I'm asking if it is possible to add new dialogs for the same scenarios (similar to what you've already done)? Not rewrites, but the possibility of getting new dialog pop ups for the different approaches with the same (or different) choices for the outcome.

Like I said, I'm not experienced with the technical ins and outs of the modding/coding. (although I have been trying to learn). Just asking if something like this was possible/probable.

Good job and thank you for you hard work!

I noticed the description said, " player character that has a penis regardless of their presented gender in game." So I have a quick question: Are there currently any mods here that are functioning? Working with AAF? I saw a couple a long time ago, but they either caused crashes or just didn't work with AAF at all.

Thanks for the feedback!

3 hours ago, bwagdog669680 said:

But after you've done the same flirt dialog 100 times, you just click through them to get to the result you want/hope for. So I guess I'm asking if it is possible to add new dialogs for the same scenarios (similar to what you've already done)? Not rewrites, but the possibility of getting new dialog pop ups for the different approaches with the same (or different) choices for the outcome.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I think the problem with adding more dialogue is already answered there.  No matter how much dialogue is in a mod, it will eventually get bypassed via pressing E or left clicking the mouse to skip through by those who have already experienced it enough times to know what it says.  It is possible to add more lines of dialogue to Sexual Harassment but that would involve essentially creating a fork of the original mod rather than a simple patch, which is currently beyond the intended scope of this project.  It would be up to the original mod author as to whether they would be ok with such a fork existing, as well.

I noticed the description said, " player character that has a penis regardless of their presented gender in game." So I have a quick question: Are there currently any mods here that are functioning? Working with AAF? I saw a couple a long time ago, but they either caused crashes or just didn't work with AAF at all.

When you say "Are there currently any mods here that are functioning", I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you are asking specific to Sexual Harassment, and the "Cocked" version of the dialogue translation, everything functions except body morphs if you are playing a character created as "male" from the beginning.  Also many Devious Devices will be 'invisible' but will still be locked on the character as normal.  This is due to there not being any male meshes for devices on the male torso generally, and also impacts other devices like Hoods.  Everything else related to SH seems to work fine in my few hours of testing with a male character.  You can read more about that in my blog post which is linked above.

If your asking in a more general sense, there are other sex mods that work with a "male" play through including "Sex Em Up", "Sex Attributes", "Sex Education" and there's a newer one that released this month called "Better Living Through Cumistry" which I'm pretty sure would work.   It seems like AAF Violate was also designed to work with either sex as far as I can tell from the description. 

Then there are some mods that are specifically designed by the author for female play through, such as "Nuka Ride" which although it doesn't explicitly say in the mod description, probably won't work well if at all with a male character.  This would most likely be due to the clothing and animations.  You'd need to read through a description and check through a mod's support post if you want to know if a mod has male support.

And if you're having issues getting AAF to work be sure you've read through and followed the Up-To-Date adult setup guide.  If none of that answers your question feel free to ask again with more specifics or if it's not specifically related to the dialogue mod you could ask in the Fallout 4 technical support section.  There's a general support area and one that is specific to AAF.

Edited by Marg597
Added links to mods
20 hours ago, Marg597 said:

When you say "Are there currently any mods here that are functioning", I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Sorry I wasn't terribly clear. I meant are there any functioning shemale/futanari/trans mods. I found one (about a year ago) on the Nexus I believe that got wonky when used with AAF. Also I think the mod is called Futanari FEV, and I think that worked better on AAF. Like I said it was about a year ago, was just wondering if you or anyone knew one off hand.

I appreciate the response to my questions. I kinda figured the "fork" for different dialogs was what would have to be done. And I agree that even having a couple extra sets of the seduction/dominating dialog would eventually get old too. 

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, bwagdog669680 said:

Sorry I wasn't terribly clear. I meant are there any functioning shemale/futanari/trans mods. I found one (about a year ago) on the Nexus I believe that got wonky when used with AAF. Also I think the mod is called Futanari FEV, and I think that worked better on AAF. Like I said it was about a year ago, was just wondering if you or anyone knew one off hand.

Great question, I just did some digging because I was sure I had seen something before and I think this was it.  You can try this and if it works for you feel free to update us here in case others are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Marg597. Got a quick question. I've been doing more research/tutorials etc. for modding and I can't find much on doing/redoing dialogs. Can you give me any pointers or anything that helped you to redo the dialogs? I've literally no experience and am tired of watching 45 minute tutorials to ultimately leave me with more questions. So I'm coming to the authority (you) for help.

I imagine it is fairly easy/straight forward, such as find the text, and replace it with your own. I just don't know where or how to find it. json files? pex files? ini files? I just don't know.

Okay, I'll quit whining. Thanks in advance!

Hey Marg597. Got a quick question. I've been doing more research/tutorials etc. for modding and I can't find much on doing/redoing dialogs. Can you give me any pointers or anything that helped you to redo the dialogs? I've literally no experience and am tired of watching 45 minute tutorials to ultimately leave me with more questions. So I'm coming to the authority (you) for help.

I imagine it is fairly easy/straight forward, such as find the text, and replace it with your own. I just don't know where or how to find it. json files? pex files? ini files? I just don't know.

Okay, I'll quit whining. Thanks in advance!

I can give you some basic info but I'm by no means an authority on the subject.  Kingath has a youtube channel, and I keep meaning to watch their videos but here's the one on NPC dialog.  There's a whole mod school series up there.

I haven't messed much at all with the Creation Kit (CK), I do all my editing with FO4Edit (a.k.a. Xedit).  Specifically with the dialogues I've been using the ESP-ESM Translator (it's in the Skyrim section but works fine for Fallout) which I added to Mod Organizer in the same way as Bodyslide and LOOT etc.  and then I can open up the plugin with that.  I'm not even using that program to its full potential, I'm just using it to have an easier time seeing where the dialogue is and what it was vs my edit.  There is a find and replace tool in there that I figured out how to use to do the initial gender nuetral swaps but most of the changes I made after that were just by clicking through every dialogue and reading it to see if I wanted to change something.  There's definitely a bit of a learning curve with it but if you want to change a bunch of dialogue it's probably the best way.  If you want to just change a few words here and there you may as well just use Xedit.

A ".pex" file is a compiled script written in "Papyrus" whereas a ".psc" file is the source code that you can write / read with Notepad, or I recommend Notepad+ to make things more readable (color coordinated).  It's possible to even use Notepad+ to compile scripts, I was able to do that with Skyrim but I've heard it's easier to do it with the CK.  You (probably) won't need to mess with scripts to change dialogue.  But there are some messages that can pop up and are in scripts, like in the upper left hand corner when a mod is installed, that's a debug message from a script.  The dialogue an NPC speaks to you, and the dialogue trees are generally in the plugin.

As for .json and .ini files, they hold configuration data, like settings that mods can use to control certain aspects about how the mod works.  An example would be the AAF_Settings.ini file where you can set the duration of scenes, how fast you can move the 3rd person camera, etc.

OMG! Thank you! Yes, I actually have been watching Kingath's modding school videos. Excellent series, I just got bogged down because he IS thorough. Okay, I think I am on the right track and I definitely have my homework cut out for me. I have a basic understanding of (some of) creation kit. I'll get FO4Edit and check that out too. Hopefully it's a bit easier to use than CK.

My oldest son is on leave from the marines and going to be home for a week, so I'm taking off work and using any free time I have to work on learning this stuff.

Again HUGE thank you for the help on this. You freakin' rock!

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, Marg597 said:

I can give you some basic info but I'm by no means an authority on the subject.  Kingath has a youtube channel, and I keep meaning to watch their videos but here's the one on NPC dialog.  There's a whole mod school series up there.

Hey, just checking back in with ya. I have a question (maybe a couple), I just got FO4edit, watched a couple tutorials (Gamer Poets, I think), and wanted to know if you had any advice on using it. I literally just downloaded it and installed it on my dashboard (Vortex). I saw in another thread something about cleaning masters, and you mentioned that you use it to open up mod to find and replace text/dialog. So, what would you say to someone who has never used it? I went through the Kinggath dialog series and actually put together a stupid mod that does nothing but a voiced conversation. I also learned about manually (on Notepad+) changing MCM settings outside the game.

I have so many stupid ideas I would like to do, here's a couple, you give your opinion(s) if/how FO4edit would help: I'd like Nora to audibly "Moo!" when hit in combat, I'd like add voiced lines to some mods, I'd like to change sound effects for DD's being put on (cuffs clicking, squish noise for plugs, struggle noises for leather/latex). BTW the Mooing idea would go with the Mad Science For Dummies Mod.

Okay, I'll wrap this up. You know I respect your advice, so I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Hey, just checking back in with ya. I have a question (maybe a couple), I just got FO4edit, watched a couple tutorials (Gamer Poets, I think), and wanted to know if you had any advice on using it. I literally just downloaded it and installed it on my dashboard (Vortex). I saw in another thread something about cleaning masters, and you mentioned that you use it to open up mod to find and replace text/dialog. So, what would you say to someone who has never used it? I went through the Kinggath dialog series and actually put together a stupid mod that does nothing but a voiced conversation. I also learned about manually (on Notepad+) changing MCM settings outside the game.

I have so many stupid ideas I would like to do, here's a couple, you give your opinion(s) if/how FO4edit would help: I'd like Nora to audibly "Moo!" when hit in combat, I'd like add voiced lines to some mods, I'd like to change sound effects for DD's being put on (cuffs clicking, squish noise for plugs, struggle noises for leather/latex). BTW the Mooing idea would go with the Mad Science For Dummies Mod.

Okay, I'll wrap this up. You know I respect your advice, so I look forward to your response.

Thanks

I'm still very much a novice with modding in general, but the moo sound could probably be done as a "replacer" to any grunt sounds in the game that Nora makes.  If you wanted to actually make it happen specifically when she got hit, you'd probably need to make it a scripted event using "onhit" or whatever the function is called.  I don't really know papyrus.  A replacer would be easier to do, and here's how I would go about trying to make it work.

You'd need to unpack all of Nora's voice files, they are in a ba2 archive in the game folder (Fallout4 - Voices.ba2)

Then you'd need to use something like Lazyaudio XWM Fuz Converter to get them into a format where you could just play the audio files with like VLC or something. 

Then you'd need to listen to them all to see which ones are the "grunts"  Hint: They'll be the shortest duration files

Then you'd need to get a moo sound and format it into fuz (probably with that same converter?  Maybe you need a .lip file too?  I don't know how that works yet)

And you name your new .fuz file with the same name as the grunt you are replacing

Then you have to figure out what the correct file path is for the voices.  I think it's \Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\PlayerVoiceFemale01

So you'd place your replacer file into a folder called PlayerVoiceFemale01, nest that inside a folder called Fallout4.esm then Voice and finally Sound.

Next you'd need to make a folder and you could call it something like NoraMoo and copy the sound folder into that, which includes the whole nested path including your sound files.  Right click your NoraMoo folder and send it into a .7z archive.  That's your moo mod.  Since it's in a "loose file" format, it's going to take precendence over the packed "ba2" archive.  You'd just install that into your mod manager, and test it by maybe jumping off something, whatever makes the player character grunt, and see if she moo's.

That's how I'd try and do it.  As for the other stuff, check the Tome of xEdit

I tried using XvaSynth to get the Moo in Nora's voice for you, but it sounds terrible.  I dunno, you could try it if you want but you may as well find a public domain sound file of a real cow.

Edit:  GrimGrim31 suggests using the sound file that is already in game which the Brahmin use, and that seems like a way better idea than trying to find your own sound.  In their words, "The game has idlebrahminmoo sounds already and it cycles through three or four slightly different mooing sounds."

Edited by Marg597
word
2 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I'm still very much a novice with modding in general, but the moo sound could probably be done as a "replacer" to any grunt sounds in the game that Nora makes.  If you wanted to actually make it happen specifically when she got hit, you'd probably need to make it a scripted event using "onhit" or whatever the function is called.  I don't really know papyrus.  A replacer would be easier to do, and here's how I would go about trying to make it work.

You'd need to unpack all of Nora's voice files, they are in a ba2 archive in the game folder (Fallout4 - Voices.ba2)

Then you'd need to use something like Lazyaudio XWM Fuz Converter to get them into a format where you could just play the audio files with like VLC or something. 

Then you'd need to listen to them all to see which ones are the "grunts"  Hint: They'll be the shortest duration files

Then you'd need to get a moo sound and format it into fuz (probably with that same converter?  Maybe you need a .lip file too?  I don't know how that works yet)

And you name your new .fuz file with the same name as the grunt you are replacing

Then you have to figure out what the correct file path is for the voices.  I think it's \Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\PlayerVoiceFemale01

So you'd place your replacer file into a folder called PlayerVoiceFemale01, nest that inside a folder called Fallout4.esm then Voice and finally Sound.

Next you'd need to make a folder and you could call it something like NoraMoo and copy the sound folder into that, which includes the whole nested path including your sound files.  Right click your NoraMoo folder and send it into a .7z archive.  That's your moo mod.  Since it's in a "loose file" format, it's going to take precendence over the packed "ba2" archive.  You'd just install that into your mod manager, and test it by maybe jumping off something, whatever makes the player character grunt, and see if she moo's.

That's how I'd try and do it.  As for the other stuff, check the Tome of xEdit

I tried using XvaSynth to get the Moo in Nora's voice for you, but it sounds terrible.  I dunno, you could try it if you want but you may as well find a public domain sound file of a real cow.

Edit:  GrimGrim31 suggests using the sound file that is already in game which the Brahmin use, and that seems like a way better idea than trying to find your own sound.  In their words, "The game has idlebrahminmoo sounds already and it cycles through three or four slightly different mooing sounds."

Okay, wow. A lot of steps, I kinda figured. I guess most of the tricks and tweaks I've learned so far have a lot too. No worries.

First off, thank you for the input. Just about everything you said is how I figured it would work. It's still good to hear it from someone more experienced than I am (whether you call yourself a novice or not. ?). I got .fuz, .lip converter from one of Kinggath's tutorials. Extracting voice files is actually really easy. Finding the right one for the situation, not so easy. Anyways, I think I can do this. I'll just make sure to make back-ups of anything I mess with. I'm a little scared of the "loose file format." I thought I heard that those are bad or could slow your game down. I run my game on the lowest resolution and don't use any mods to alter my environment (trees, bushes, water etc.), so I get better performance/less lag. I've never had any real problem with it yet, so maybe loose files aren't so scary. 

Thanks again!

Marg, you my friend are awesome!! It worked!! Now Nora screeches like a cow! Ha!

Okay, I think I did it slightly wrong. I followed your directions. Luckily Kinggath tipped me off to VoiceFileReferenceTool. That made searching through Nora's... no B.S.... 12,000+ voice lines much easier. I already had BAE to extract the BA2's, and I grabbed YakitoriAudioConverter from the Nexus. Unpacked the NPC Brahmin sounds, picked my favorites, converted to fuz files and renamed them to the Nora file names. No problems yet, Put the moo files into the PlayerVoiceFemale01 in the path you listed (which was spot-on correct). Here is where I think I messed up, I copied the Sound Folder into my NoraMoo folder (NoraMoo in the Data folder, same as Sound folder I just copied). It took a bit to copy and I thought that was wrong. Then I did 7zip (add to NoraMoo.7z). THAT took a while, maybe 8-10 minutes. If I read it correctly it was a little over a GB in size. (No way I did that right) But it created the little NoraMoo.7z file with the same icon that I usually drag and drop into Vortex. So I did. I got all sorts of conflicts. So I just ruled my mod before all the ones it conflicted with (mostly sex sound files from AAF mods?). Deployed mods, started Fallout, and it worked.

I just looked and my NoraMoo 7z is 514 MB's. Should I have not copied everything else? Just the folder path and my sound files at the end? I will probably have to go back and do some clean up. Maybe start my journey into scripting next...

Anyways, once again you've steered me right. Thank you!!

1 hour ago, bwagdog669680 said:

I just looked and my NoraMoo 7z is 514 MB's. Should I have not copied everything else? Just the folder path and my sound files at the end? I will probably have to go back and do some clean up. Maybe start my journey into scripting next...

You won't need the files that you did not modify, those will still be accessible by the game in the respective ba2 archive.  You'd only need the ones you modified inside your mod.  If I read what you wrote correctly, hopefully that clarifies things.

Also here's a small aside.  What you said earlier is correct, you don't want tons of loose files, but a few here and there are fine.  Additionally, there is actually a limit to the number of ba2 archives that the game can load.  So in a very heavily modded game, people have run into that limitation, and actually have to unpack a few ba2's into loose files and remove those ba2's so that all their mods can load.

Glad I (and Grimgrim) were able to help.  Happy modding!

18 hours ago, Marg597 said:

You won't need the files that you did not modify, those will still be accessible by the game in the respective ba2 archive.  You'd only need the ones you modified inside your mod.  If I read what you wrote correctly, hopefully that clarifies things.

Also here's a small aside.  What you said earlier is correct, you don't want tons of loose files, but a few here and there are fine.  Additionally, there is actually a limit to the number of ba2 archives that the game can load.  So in a very heavily modded game, people have run into that limitation, and actually have to unpack a few ba2's into loose files and remove those ba2's so that all their mods can load.

I actually did exactly what you said. Removed the MooMod from Vortex, deleted the bloated mod, removed all the files except for my changes. Rezipped, reloaded into vortex. Now it's less than 300 kb. I tested it and it works. I think I missed at least one injury grunt. I replaced 6 I think. This is so awesome, getting started with modding has been a lot of frustration and little joy. Hearing Nora moo gives me great joy.? Again, that's thanks to you (and Grimgrim).

Also, thanks for clarifying the loose files question. I try to keep my load order as small as possible. I think I'm running about 60 mods. (I think about 25 of those are from the Fucking Manual). I'll sleep easier knowing that loose files won't sink the ship.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:44 PM, Marg597 said:

Okay, a couple of things. First I downloaded and looked at a couple other sound replacer mods from the Nexus. They looked like they were done with the same method you showed me. Which is fine for this particular replacer. I have been trying to learn (watching tutorials, digging through the scripts in my game folder and CK), and I've made some progress, but again gotten frustrated. I know you said you don't really know papyrus, but I think there is WAY more to the game than just the scripts. They are basically instructions for the actual coding. (tip of the iceberg if you will). I may be in way over my head, but I do have a little knowledge of coding. 

Damn, I got off track... I guess my question is do you know where I should look (or who to ask), to find the coding. It seems that the ToHit script does not handle the sounds played. If I could figure out where to look, I think I could do this.

Anyways, thank for you help.