Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

So for my first playthrough in a few months I used the regular v2.5 version of the lazy installer I had downloaded before it threw a few errors and I came here and used the temporary fix version. Unfortunately this still happens with the fix version, and pawns won't animate at all let alone have sex (they go to do it, stunlock, and then have no change afterwards).

Errors from regular installer:

Spoiler

image.png.1cce57b287fcb13d6d24b515bdf63e8f.png
image.png.52667ffcc8566b0bcfc2535a18c3a585.png

Error from temporary fix installer:

Spoiler

image.png.d8153e63346bc75a98c83273385ac03c.png

Any ideas?

43 minutes ago, pumacatrun2 said:

So for my first playthrough in a few months I used the regular v2.5 version of the lazy installer I had downloaded before it threw a few errors and I came here and used the temporary fix version. Unfortunately this still happens with the fix version, and pawns won't animate at all let alone have sex (they go to do it, stunlock, and then have no change afterwards).

Errors from regular installer:

Hide contents

image.png.1cce57b287fcb13d6d24b515bdf63e8f.png
image.png.52667ffcc8566b0bcfc2535a18c3a585.png

Error from temporary fix installer:

Hide contents

image.png.d8153e63346bc75a98c83273385ac03c.png

Any ideas?

Delete the folder and reinstall, just happens when you've made changes to your game folder

You could also stash changes and reapply them if you want to keep them

Edited by c0ffeeeee
9 minutes ago, c0ffeeeee said:

Delete the folder and reinstall

Tried deleting the RJW, rjw ideology addon, rjw xtranims, rjw animal patch and rimworld animations folders and letting the temporary fix installer reinstall them, it ran with no errors and other than seeming to remove sex cult essentials alpha from my mod list (and I can't find a trace of it online anymore so I'm guessing it was abandoned) which I just had to fix the ideology memes/precepts for this run, it's working fine now otherwise. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty new to modding this game so this auto installer got me in the door pretty quick, thanks for that! However each time i boot the game i get a long list of soft errors that dont crash the game, dont slow it down and dont make the lovin scenes fail. So can you tell me the list of dependencies the mods in your auto installer? Id like to not have a big red checklist of failed things please lol. (Not asking for a bunch of links, just the names of the mods so i can search em).

Edited by xlxfrostxlx
9 hours ago, xlxfrostxlx said:

I'm pretty new to modding this game so this auto installer got me in the door pretty quick, thanks for that! However each time i boot the game i get a long list of soft errors that dont crash the game, dont slow it down and dont make the lovin scenes fail. So can you tell me the list of dependencies the mods in your auto installer? Id like to not have a big red checklist of failed things please lol. (Not asking for a bunch of links, just the names of the mods so i can search em).

You'll need the usual, Harmony, Hugslib. Humanoid Alien Races is a dependency for animations, and make sure you sort out your load order. More info on the RJW thread.

I just installed git, ran the C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater and got this message: "git is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I read the thread and saw that people had similar situations, but in my case, restarting Windows did not solve anything :(

What can i do to solve this?

16 hours ago, Avaddon said:

I just installed git, ran the C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater and got this message: "git is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I read the thread and saw that people had similar situations, but in my case, restarting Windows did not solve anything :(

What can i do to solve this?

You might need to setup some environment variables manually, or make sure you install git from the command line. This guide should help you, Fix 2 or 3: Solve: Git Is Not Recognized as an Internal or External Command (partitionwizard.com)

Worse case scenario you'll just have to install each mod manually

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, alwen said:

So, does this install mods or just update them? Because I downloaded it (without any RJW-related mods) installed, ran it, pressed a key when it said to...and it just closed.

it installs them, make sure to follow the steps listed in the main thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, smokymoky1 said:

i cnat understand how to use this.

i there suposed to be a application?

In a way. It is a .bat file which is basically a collection of shell commands that you can run all at once. so when you run this from your rimworld mods folder, it will pop up a command prompt asking which mods you want it to create folders for and then in the future when you run it, it will compare the current contents to the latest from the different mods' githubs and update them if they are not the same.

2 hours ago, nerb said:

In a way. It is a .bat file which is basically a collection of shell commands that you can run all at once. so when you run this from your rimworld mods folder, it will pop up a command prompt asking which mods you want it to create folders for and then in the future when you run it, it will compare the current contents to the latest from the different mods' githubs and update them if they are not the same.

when i pasted the command it said that there was no command. what do i do

On 7/13/2022 at 11:01 PM, smokymoky1 said:

so i copy the .bat from here then paste it in the git. then press enter. is that right

1. Download .bat file

2. Put .bat file in Rimworld/Mods folder

3. Run .bat file like it's an .exe

Edited by RowanSkie
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this all still work fine? After using this, I noticed a bug where when I click a stockpile zone and click storage, it doesn't show any of the items. What I also noticed is that pawns started using stockpile zones and stockpile dumping zones interchangeably

Update: I decided to remove all files modified or added by the installer, then used it to reinstall them all. After opening RimPy I also noticed that "Deep storage" and a submod to add research options for it were active. I assume that was the culprit, likely conflicting in some way, and storage works now.

Edited by RankBobbers
3 hours ago, RankBobbers said:

Does this all still work fine? After using this, I noticed a bug where when I click a stockpile zone and click storage, it doesn't show any of the items. What I also noticed is that pawns started using stockpile zones and stockpile dumping zones interchangeably

Update: I decided to remove all files modified or added by the installer, then used it to reinstall them all. After opening RimPy I also noticed that "Deep storage" and a submod to add research options for it were active. I assume that was the culprit, likely conflicting in some way, and storage works now.

The culprit was c0ffees rjw ideology addon. The mod has now been updated and fixed btw.