Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

So for a noobie this is a god send but it just asking if you want to install "abbreviated folder name" is kinda difficult I keep needing to consult google to see what mod its referring to to know if I want that. Adding some plain text do you want to install "RJW - Extension" rather than "rjw-ex" would be much nicer for those just getting into this.

Hmm I see, if so that is unfortunate. Even a edit to the first post saying this folder=that mod would be helpful though.

EX was just an example though cause it happen to be the last one I downloaded a good number of them I was like "mkay...and what is that one?" 

20 hours ago, Dyne90 said:

So for a noobie this is a god send but it just asking if you want to install "abbreviated folder name" is kinda difficult I keep needing to consult google to see what mod its referring to to know if I want that. Adding some plain text do you want to install "RJW - Extension" rather than "rjw-ex" would be much nicer for those just getting into this.

You can always edit the batch file and add :: in front of mods you dont want to install, and remove :: from the optionals that you do want. 

1 hour ago, Rimworld Traveller said:

Can we sticky this thread?  I think that would help noobs so much.  We have so many issues of people having outdated versions of mods.  Tory spends every day telling people that they're running the outdated version of Sexperience. 

it wouldn't solve a thing, people will just download this once and assume they are done and run into the exact same issues as before as soon the lazy installer gets updated. They will use the old version and think they have everything up to date while they haven't.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:58 AM, Furonable said:

I ran the lazy updater but nothing seemed to happen.
Does that mean all my mods are already updated to latest versions?
Update: I got it working but it basically just deleted RJW and some other add ons.

make sure you install git

First of all, thank you very much for putting these together; it takes a lot of the tedium and hair-pulling out of keeping all these updated.

I did notice a possible issue though: rjw-Menstruation seems broken on the Deck script; the repo is still hunting for https://github.com/lutepickle/RJW_Menstruation.git, but it fails out with an HTTPS auth error to GitHub. After farting around and trying some other auth methods, it appears as if lutepickle moved over to gitgud.io. This results in GitHub trying to authenticate over HTTPS which won't work as they removed that last year to tighten security. 

Curiously, the windows script is still going for moreoreganostodump on GitHub, even though it's an older repo than lutepickle's from what I can tell. 1.0.5.9 vs 1.0.7.4

I'm going to modify the Windows batchfile run with lutepickle's version to keep them both synced, and will update here if I see issues on a new run. Been long enough that I want to start fresh anyway. :)

38 minutes ago, evilbenfranklin said:

First of all, thank you very much for putting these together; it takes a lot of the tedium and hair-pulling out of keeping all these updated.

I did notice a possible issue though: rjw-Menstruation seems broken on the Deck script; the repo is still hunting for https://github.com/lutepickle/RJW_Menstruation.git, but it fails out with an HTTPS auth error to GitHub. After farting around and trying some other auth methods, it appears as if lutepickle moved over to gitgud.io. This results in GitHub trying to authenticate over HTTPS which won't work as they removed that last year to tighten security. 

Curiously, the windows script is still going for moreoreganostodump on GitHub, even though it's an older repo than lutepickle's from what I can tell. 1.0.5.9 vs 1.0.7.4

I'm going to modify the Windows batchfile run with lutepickle's version to keep them both synced, and will update here if I see issues on a new run. Been long enough that I want to start fresh anyway. :)

Additionally, I noticed another oddity in the Windows script. Even with all the mods uncommented, it doesn't seem to be grabbing at least some of the items from gitgud. I had to manually "git clone" several of them including:

Dyspareunia

rjw-whorebeds

rimjobworld-ideology-addon

betterrjw

This is using the version of Git from the Win10 store, which should work the same as the standalone installer, but I may swap out for the standalone anyway.

Thanks again!

On 9/19/2022 at 3:40 AM, Blaze_falcon said:

Not sure if this causes any problems. This happened when i reinstalled everything to be updated by the installer. Is it safe to ignore or does something need to be done

same for me

all worked fine a week ago ?

i try to run the installer and i have the latest git but i keep getting an error saying 

bash: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-9-9-22.rar: cannot execute binary file
/usr/bin/bash: Exit 126.

what am i doing wrong?

47 minutes ago, gibncis said:

i try to run the installer and i have the latest git but i keep getting an error saying 

bash: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-9-9-22.rar: cannot execute binary file
/usr/bin/bash: Exit 126.

what am i doing wrong?

Are you on linux or windows? Don't use the bash one if you're on linux, use the one posted on top

• 2 weeks later...

So i get this fatal error anytime i try to download/update mods. I can access said links manually (so i can technically download them all one by one) but git can't. I've gone with the most default installation possible for git (except for the part where it ask to choose an editor, where i went with notepad++) so i don't really know what could be the cause.
P.S. : I know most mods aren't supported for 1.4 yet, but i wanted to at least get it in there to just update them later.

bug.jpg

rimnude and oty nude has been included basically ever since i have uploaded it to a git which was like a year or so ago. The catch is that c0ffee had it commented out as an optional mod. Just uncomment it when editing the .bat file. No one knows cuz no one is looking at the .bat file.

2 hours ago, Tory187 said:

rimnude and oty nude has been included basically ever since i have uploaded it to a git which was like a year or so ago. The catch is that c0ffee had it commented out as an optional mod. Just uncomment it when editing the .bat file. No one knows cuz no one is looking at the .bat file.

I just used it for the first time, noticed it didnt do anything with RimNude, looked at the file and uncommented the lines. 

Not no one atleast :P