Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

On 9/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, c0ffeeeee said:

7/19 Changed repo for S16 extension

On 9/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, c0ffeeeee said:

C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-7-19-23.rar 1.93 kB · 222 downloads

I'm a dum-dum. I thought 7-19-23 would be version number. Didn't know it was supposed to be timestamp. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 2:19 AM, Rabblerouser said:

Why does this want to know my github username and password for RJW_Menustration on the Linux .sh?

Eh, screw it. I'll just update my shit on Windows, then copy over.

The RJW Menstruation github link points to nothing.

That package is now on gitgud.io: https://gitgud.io/lutepickle/rjw_menstruation.git

The script can be edited to point to the right repository.

At this point, I'm not sure which is more up to date. Also I'm having issues with the animations where the pawns just go up to each other and no animation plays. They're "done" in a splitsecond before returning to duties. Not sure what's causing this or where to find support. Just know this update script seems to have different "structure" from normal RJW.

Also the Linux bash script seems to DL different mods than the Windows one... so I'm not really sure which to really use.

Edited by Rabblerouser
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 12:55 PM, TheSmokingFox said:

So, this is probably me being incredibly dense. But i'm getting this when I run the .bat from my \common\RimWorld\Mods. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

Capture1.png

I am in no way qualified to give advice. But maybe perhaps it's saying that it couldn't find the "place mods here" text file??? 

9 hours ago, wibbleburg said:

I am in no way qualified to give advice. But maybe perhaps it's saying that it couldn't find the "place mods here" text file??? 

Nothing in the script looks for that file, so it's probably not the issue.  There's also a specific message for if the .bat isn't in the right location so that's probably not it either.

On 8/26/2023 at 7:55 PM, TheSmokingFox said:

So, this is probably me being incredibly dense. But i'm getting this when I run the .bat from my \common\RimWorld\Mods. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

If CMD is acting up it sometimes helps to run it as admin and to call the bat from the command line rather than double clicking. Try running cmd with administration rights, then navigating to the folder (cd D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods or whatever your full path is) then enter C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-7-19-23.bat

A bit confused about rimworld-animations and rimworld-animations-patch, both are downloaded with default .bat (7-19-23) but ingame it says they are not compatible with one another and suggest disabling of one or the other.

CALL :GitUpdate rimworld-animations-patch https://gitgud.io/AbstractConcept/rimworld-animations-patch.git

CALL :GitUpdate Rimworld-Animations https://gitgud.io/c0ffeeeeeeee/rimworld-animations.git

image.png.8791c3fcb28f54a001a56adb4ad32384.png

On 8/30/2023 at 5:06 AM, Senko said:

A bit confused about rimworld-animations and rimworld-animations-patch, both are downloaded with default .bat (7-19-23) but ingame it says they are not compatible with one another and suggest disabling of one or the other.

CALL :GitUpdate rimworld-animations-patch https://gitgud.io/AbstractConcept/rimworld-animations-patch.git

CALL :GitUpdate Rimworld-Animations https://gitgud.io/c0ffeeeeeeee/rimworld-animations.git

image.png.8791c3fcb28f54a001a56adb4ad32384.png

I noticed the same thing in my game. From what I can gather, Rimeworld-Animations Patch was (seemingly) abandoned by AbstractConcept several months ago and functions on depreciated code, hence why it's no longer compatible with the latest versions of Rimworld-Animations. The only two solutions I can offer are to download an older version of Rimworld-Animations or delete the patch since it only adds a handful of animations and bug fixes which is a shame since there are a few good ones in the patch. Maybe someone can develop a fork for the original patch or contact AbstractConcept to officially add the animations to the base mod.

On 10/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, Kilgaxe1994 said:

Hey I'm getting the 7-19-23 updater. Is anyone else getting it?

If you got that updater via the original updated link i wouldn't worry too much, i got it from the updated link and it still updated everything to the newest updates and whatever like it should so I'm going to assume Coffee just forgot to change the date on the newest updater.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a warning for anyone else who might think this should be run as admin like i did....

WARNING >> Running this in ADMIN mode and then stupidly bypassing the folder check thinking that the script was broken will cause it to install all the mods into your System32 folder... not that alot ppl here would have the skills to cause this bug to happen but hey thought i'd throw it out there...

Apparently running this in admin causes windows to default the folder to the system32 instead of it's installation directory ><

• 2 weeks later...

i need some help here; going to world creator i cant see other factions ideologies and all the races from biotech were disabled as in they won't appear in world generator.

i got rid of all the other mods i had except for RJW mods and its dependencies and everything i got for RJW was downloaded via the bat file but i removed Nephila as well and so as a couple more which is marked as versions prior to 1.4 in reds. Am using Rimpy to manage my mods.

any idea what could be conflicting with biotech guys? been tinkering for 18 hours and at the verge of giving up.

for the past year suffice to say i spent all the time for RImworld i had to get the mods to work with ZERO hour for gameplay. rimworld now is essentially a puzzle game of trying to get the mods to work and i never win once. lol

so any advise is much appreciated. 

Edited by Itsuji

So I just installed the updater and git and it prompted me to install a bunch of mods because I didn't install anything yet.

I'm very tech incompetent, so sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'll do my best.

Will this updater detect/update mods it didn't already detect and try to update? Like if I install SizedApparel or RJF Multiple Orgasms manually, would the .bat file thing detect those mods henceforth and try to update them? If the updater only detects the mods that it was trying to detect originally, how would I get it to detect other mods? Or alternatively, where can I check for patches on all sub mods or something?

Thank you

15 hours ago, Itsuji said:

i need some help here; going to world creator i cant see other factions ideologies and all the races from biotech were disabled as in they won't appear in world generator.

i got rid of all the other mods i had except for RJW mods and its dependencies and everything i got for RJW was downloaded via the bat file but i removed Nephila as well and so as a couple more which is marked as versions prior to 1.4 in reds. Am using Rimpy to manage my mods.

any idea what could be conflicting with biotech guys? been tinkering for 18 hours and at the verge of giving up.

for the past year suffice to say i spent all the time for RImworld i had to get the mods to work with ZERO hour for gameplay. rimworld now is essentially a puzzle game of trying to get the mods to work and i never win once. lol

so any advise is much appreciated. 

some people had problems with HAR race patches preventing factions from spawning, so try without HAR and rimnude

but this is only a guess since you didn't provide a hugslog

9 hours ago, CardinalBirb said:

So I just installed the updater and git and it prompted me to install a bunch of mods because I didn't install anything yet.

I'm very tech incompetent, so sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'll do my best.

Will this updater detect/update mods it didn't already detect and try to update? Like if I install SizedApparel or RJF Multiple Orgasms manually, would the .bat file thing detect those mods henceforth and try to update them? If the updater only detects the mods that it was trying to detect originally, how would I get it to detect other mods? Or alternatively, where can I check for patches on all sub mods or something?

Thank you

the lazy updater puts the mods in the same folder as the one you put the mods in manually, make sure you don't have duplicates there

On 11/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, Skömer said:

some people had problems with HAR race patches preventing factions from spawning, so try without HAR and rimnude

but this is only a guess since you didn't provide a hugslog

the lazy updater puts the mods in the same folder as the one you put the mods in manually, make sure you don't have duplicates there

thanks. appreciate the help but i somehow got it to work earlier own. the culprit was HAR sadly and i should have just tried removing it as you mentioned on the very first page of RJW but no, i refused to believe that it is going to break the game. it was my own fault for being stubborn.

after ONE year literally i finally got it to work probably 4 hours ago and that was more than 24hrs of numerous trials and errors for the entire week.  lol

i just celebrated it with ramen. 

again. THANK YOU.

Edited by Itsuji
On 11/17/2023 at 3:52 AM, CardinalBirb said:

Thank you

Assuming that u are only having RJW mods and nothing else beside the mods outside of RJW that it depends on;

Don't use Humanoid Alien Races which is a dependency for Rimnudeword and OTY but there is a setting in Rimnudeworld that allows u to use Sized Apparel as substitute. that worked for me.

i also have RJW 1.3 sub mods which are said to be compatible deactivated for the time being and will test further this coming weekend. i literally spent my entire weekend getting this far so no, i am not the sharpest one around which can give u the best answer but this seem to work for me while prior to this i was seeing issues in setting up ideologies and factions not appearing. for the time being those issues are resolved for me. 

good luck. hope it helps.

ps. try to get Rimpy mod manager to manage ur mods, there is a bit of a learning curve if English isn't your first language like me but it does help greatly if you think u are prone to adding more mods once u get this to work, in which i have no doubt u will.

prior to the year long hiatus i was on Rimpy with easily more than 300 mods at any given time but all that had to go to make way for RJW troubleshooting. 

Edited by Itsuji
23 hours ago, Itsuji said:

Assuming that u are only having RJW mods and nothing else beside the mods outside of RJW that it depends on;

Don't use Humanoid Alien Races which is a dependency for Rimnudeword and OTY but there is a setting in Rimnudeworld that allows u to use Sized Apparel as substitute. that worked for me.

i also have RJW 1.3 sub mods which are said to be compatible deactivated for the time being and will test further this coming weekend. i literally spent my entire weekend getting this far so no, i am not the sharpest one around which can give u the best answer but this seem to work for me while prior to this i was seeing issues in setting up ideologies and factions not appearing. for the time being those issues are resolved for me. 

good luck. hope it helps.

ps. try to get Rimpy mod manager to manage ur mods, there is a bit of a learning curve if English isn't your first language like me but it does help greatly if you think u are prone to adding more mods once u get this to work, in which i have no doubt u will.

prior to the year long hiatus i was on Rimpy with easily more than 300 mods at any given time but all that had to go to make way for RJW troubleshooting. 

Thank you! I did try to get into RimPy and loved the auto sorting. Will see what happens otherwise.

And I did manage to make the .bat file check for other mods!

On 11/9/2023 at 3:56 PM, Cormick said:

You know it's pretty impractical that several of the mods are just named with 2-letter abbreviations when installing, how am I supposed to guess what fb or ia is?

blame ed for naming it lul

the main descriptions for what each of the submods do is on the main RJW LL page