Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

16 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

Odd question. Does this .bat file transmit any data or ping anything outside of the localhost? Please don't shoot me for asking. >.<

It just clones each repository with git, pretty much the same as downloading from the website only faster.

1 hour ago, c0ffeeeee said:

It just clones each repository with git, pretty much the same as downloading from the website only faster.

That's a no, right? Cool. Thank you. Just got enough mods on my computer sending usage statistics without a notice. -_- Just like to know beforehand.

:) I've got waaaay too big a mod list to manage all of the rjw mods. Thank you for making this!

noticed when checking for updates today animations keeps asking me to identify who I am instead of updating.

Edit: This seems to have been a error updating the old file, removing the old animations allowed a update, and this no longer popped up.

Edited by zarri
Situation change.
On 10/4/2021 at 10:27 PM, interrobang said:

I'm getting the error: "SSL Certificate expired" for most, but not all, of the mods on both the .bat file and the python implementation. Is that happening to anyone else, is there anything I can do to fix it?

I was getting the same issue, you need to turn off SSL verify from git (open cmd.exe and run the below)

git config --global http.sslverify "false"

coffee, could you perhaps clarify the note on this one?

::CALL :GitUpdate betterrjw https://gitgud.io/EaglePhntm/betterrjw.git 
::only install RJW or BetterRJW, not both

Looking at BetterRJW, it depends on RJW and just patches it.  Why are you saying only one or the other? Were you mixing BetterRJW up with SafeJobWorld, possibly?

Edited by NextToNothing
5 hours ago, NextToNothing said:

coffee, could you perhaps clarify the note on this one?

::CALL :GitUpdate betterrjw https://gitgud.io/EaglePhntm/betterrjw.git 
::only install RJW or BetterRJW, not both

Looking at BetterRJW, it depends on RJW and just patches it.  Why are you saying only one or the other? Were you mixing BetterRJW up with SafeJobWorld, possibly?

huh, I thought it was a replacer. I can fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:29 AM, besina said:

This is an awesome idea!  Anyone feel like being my hero and doing one for mac?

The Python one I made should work on mac, you just have to download and install Git and Python 3, so test to see if it does work and if it doesn't tell me and I'll work on fixing it in my spare time, I'm also working on an updated version of my Python one to make it better, like making it not have to be placed in the RimWorld mods folder, so any fixes will most likely be released with the next version of my Python script.
NOTE: I don't own a mac so I would have to set up a macOS VM to test and fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing help, thanks.

Two questions.

One, on startup, I get:

.git not found, would you like to delete 'IAMSURE/n'.  

Is that WAD?

Two, I have a separate install that's on 1.2 which is what I want to update. Will it check for 1.2 compatibility for mods? Will it update to my steam directory, or the backup directory I've put the .bat in?

Error in static constructor of RJWSexperience.Ideology.First: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'RJWSexperience.Ideology.First' threw an exception. ---> HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method null ---> System.ArgumentException: Undefined target method for patch method static System.Void RJWSexperience.Ideology.RJW_Patch_DetermineSexScores::Postfix(Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Pawn partner, System.Boolean rape, System.Boolean whoring, Verse.Pawn receiving, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Single> __result)
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.PatchWithAttributes (System.Reflection.MethodBase& lastOriginal) [0x00047] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch () [0x00057] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException (System.Exception exception, System.Reflection.MethodBase original) [0x00127] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch () [0x00082] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.<PatchAll>b__10_0 (System.Type type) [0x00007] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
  at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] sequence, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00014] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00006] in <c38a8c3281a047488dac8c9d063b7abb>:0 
  at RJWSexperience.Ideology.First..cctor () [0x0000f] in <b48a4a1eddb24508a977800149f01093>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor(intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x0002a] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0 
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x0001a] in <e13bd2f1929544099ed2b58e66ece833>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_3 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

Anyone code-smart that can work out what I did wrong with this installer? Thanks.

14 hours ago, Nunyabinnes said:

Anyone code-smart that can work out what I did wrong with this installer? Thanks.

I would say it's wrong to use it without thinking ?

To fix:

Delete RJW

Download old version of RJW

because git doesn't care

Edited by nugerumon
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 1:01 AM, Techno665 said:

I did a thing, specifically I made one of these using Python, mainly because I was board.

I just want to confirm, in case everyone hasn't already figured it out, that this Python version seems to work in OS X.

I did have to install Homebrew and reinstall python3 via Homebrew so that the necessary libraries would be present (particularly "requests" is not included in the default OS X install of Python 3 and neither are the tools to pip3 install it. Pip is there but the packages and tools normally found in python-dev are missing, so install fails.)

To reinstall Python 3 after installing Homebrew (the instructions for which are on the top page of the Homebrew website - it's a single terminal command and then a short wait.)

Then:

brew reinstall python3

Then running the script from the command line as normal works without error (so far).

It would be nice if someone updated the Repos.txt file to reflect the latest status of RJW and associated mods (as of Jan 2022).

So anyway the script is currently running without error from the Mods directory inside the RimWorldMac.app package.

Edited by kurikinton
Added a note on how to reinstall python 3 via homebrew.

Thank you so much for putting this together! A small, simple but brilliant script for all our updating needs.

I'd like to vouch for the addition of rimnude-unofficial and oty-nude-unofficial. They constantly get updates and there's a big community behind it. I've added them for myself and they seem to work perfectly.

CALL :GitUpdate rimnude-unofficial https://gitgud.io/Tory/rimnude-unofficial.git
CALL :GitUpdate oty-nude-unofficial https://gitgud.io/Tory/oty-nude-unofficial.git