Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

36 minutes ago, aimless115 said:

Updating rimnude-unofficial...
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

on the latest version the git link seems fine tought

CALL :GitUpdate rimnude-unofficial https://gitgud.io/Tory/rimnude-unofficial.git

you may need to delete and reinstall to have it work properly

3 hours ago, aimless115 said:

i did delete the folders and do again its only happening with rimnude , even downloaded the installer again again

strange, I can't reproduce this issue... you can always manual install if you're still having issues

Hi. My lazy installer is stopping at rjw-race-support and popping up a window with "Git Credential Manager" and login username and password spots.

No clue what I should be doing here.

Please Help

Manually downloaded and skipped in Lazy updater as work around.

Edited by nrish666
1 hour ago, nrish666 said:

Hi. My lazy installer is stopping at rjw-race-support and popping up a window with "Git Credential Manager" and login username and password spots.

No clue what I should be doing here.

Please Help

Manually downloaded and skipped in Lazy updater as work around.

Same

yeah, Abraxas has finally put Race Support to rest and privated the git. So now everyone gets to enjoy this message every time they run lazy updater. You can go into lazy updater's bat file by right clicking it and choosing edit then just find the line that has race support and delete it. 

And yes, someone else has taken over maintaining that mod so if you know how you can just copy paste this in place of the old race support.

Important! You need to remove the old race support folder before downloading the new fork.

Update:

Actually, new race support dev is doin funky stuff and needs a special url to download a specific build of generated files. Wait for c0ffee to update lazy installer and just stick with deleting old race support for now.

Edited by Tory187

I've wasted my time and made mod installer that works even with Race Support.

It downloads zip files instead of git repositories so you can provide it any url to zip file that can be directly downloaded.

It works on any machine that has Power Shell installed. Windows has Power Shell already preinstalled so no need to install anything. So you don't need Git.

Download -> put in mods folder -> edit as you need in text editor -> right click and click on second option "Run with PowerShell"

https://gitgud.io/-/snippets/1769

15 hours ago, Deimion said:

Question, how do I delete the folders on the steamdeck added by the mod? Theres a few mods the bat added I don't actually need installed or on the sd card and it keeps denying me access to deleting them

"sudo rm -rf [foldername]" in konsole

Hello Everyone, Sorry I've been away for so long, I've finally updated my installer.

Added Install location detection so you can now run this file from anywhere on your machine.
Added "--depth 1" option to only grab the most recent files, makes downloading quicker and should hopefully lead to less conflict problems.
Combined both scripts into one, you have to edit a setting inside the script to change between offline and online repo mode, I will be adding a feature to make a config file that can be edited instead.
Lastly has anyone made a "Master" list of all the repo list on an online site like GitLab or Pastebin, if not then I'll make one, just need someone else to help look after it if I get busy again.

Please check the original post for download

• 3 weeks later...

So after some trial and error using 1.4 and overcoming some laziness, I worked out that you cannot use sexperience+ideology addon and menstruation... because it just breaks the entire pregnancy system or something. The animation patch package also breaks all sex animations.

I'm sure there was some guidance at some point about being selective what you choose but I was lazy and selected all.

There's also something about c0ffeeRIA not working with the milkable colonists included too but I'm unsure about that so just thought I'd share some silly guidance for anyone stuck.

13 hours ago, ptfff said:

So after some trial and error using 1.4 and overcoming some laziness, I worked out that you cannot use sexperience+ideology addon and menstruation... because it just breaks the entire pregnancy system or something. The animation patch package also breaks all sex animations.

I'm sure there was some guidance at some point about being selective what you choose but I was lazy and selected all.

There's also something about c0ffeeRIA not working with the milkable colonists included too but I'm unsure about that so just thought I'd share some silly guidance for anyone stuck.

Which animation package specifically? There are five total with the lazy installer, and of the five, only one isn't developed by the original author. That one also doesn't have 1.4 support just yet (if it ever gets updated), but the others should work just fine all together. 

Also, are you using Biotech? If not, then I'm not sure how to help you, just continue with trial and error and make sure you have one of the mods that adds children to the game besides Biotech. If you do have Biotech, menstruation and RJW both have an option that needs to be enabled that allows Biotech to handle pregnancies which should work just fine, though the sexperience+ideology addon is still being optimized to work with Biotech, with could potentially cause some backend issues (though I don't see how it is screwing up pregnancy besides a few thought thoughtdefs (specific mod file) being screwed up). Hope this helps. 

I'm confused as to why you think I'm asking for help?

I said I'm using 1.4 and going through trial and error while just posting my results; I chose the lazy option of installing everything from this all in one installer plus a few needed apps and was able to reproduce the problems instantly. As I said in my post: disabling "rimworld-animations-patch" fixed the animation issue with a 'base 1.4 install' and disabling 'rjw-sexperience-ideology' and 'RJW-Sexperience' solved the issue of nothing in the game including animals getting pregnant. Granted I didn't test this without 'rjw_menstruation' and those two enabled.

On 12/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, ptfff said:

I'm confused as to why you think I'm asking for help?

I said I'm using 1.4 and going through trial and error while just posting my results; I chose the lazy option of installing everything from this all in one installer plus a few needed apps and was able to reproduce the problems instantly. As I said in my post: disabling "rimworld-animations-patch" fixed the animation issue with a 'base 1.4 install' and disabling 'rjw-sexperience-ideology' and 'RJW-Sexperience' solved the issue of nothing in the game including animals getting pregnant. Granted I didn't test this without 'rjw_menstruation' and those two enabled.

Fair enough, just wanted to help is all. 

And yes, Sexperience can get real screwy if your not careful. I suggest looking for the original posts for it and seeing if anyone else had similar issues there. 

Edited by throwaway01101