Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

On 12/18/2022 at 3:41 PM, bigsmoke77 said:

so if im understanding this correctly, all the mods installed in the bat will be ready to use with 1.4?

Some mods listed in the lazy installer don't work for 1.4 yet, particularly animation patch

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, espresso116688 said:

I found this in the installer.

What happens to Animation patch? Do I need a 2FA on Gitgud?

image.png

It seems like rimworld-animations-patch is no longer available. On the authors page (AbstractConcept) there is no project named rimworld-animations-patch.

17 hours ago, jackgoff69 said:

Download the newest versions of Gitgud and C0ffees Lazy Installer. Worked for me.

In the newest version of C0ffees Lazy Installer rimworld-animations-patch was moved to optional.

Edited by gamerking999

There's a bug in the latest version where the first two Git calls are missing the local folder. They should read:

CALL :GitUpdate coffees-rjw-ideology-addons https://gitgud.io/c0ffeeeeeeee/coffees-rjw-ideology-addons.git
CALL :GitUpdate rjw-mc https://gitgud.io/c0ffeeeeeeee/rjw-mc.git

Also, Windows 11 seems to be ignoring the EXIT call at the end and trying to run all the stuff afterwards ~\_(`_`)_/~

Edited by jdcaz2003
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 11:25 PM, SohCahToa said:

Does anyone have a load order they could share with us for the mods in this installer. It can take quite a lot of time to figure out all the dependencies, etc. Would be very helpful I think if we crowdsourced the most stable order.

Updated again- Something in the mod list updated, not sure and it's throwing errors now, HOWEVER, it doesn't seem to effect game play to much except for when a trade caravan shows up. Then the game grinds to almost a halt until they leave. I haven't updated RJW since like the day before I made this post originally but it seems to be causing issues now as well, but since I've not updated RJW it's still working fine for me.

Word of advice, use Rimpy and always make local copies of your mod files so if they update it doesn't screw up your game, and don't manually update unless you MUST if the game is already working good.

Updated, if you're using this and discover your pawns standing around to often, check their inventory and make them drop the added baggage. Every once in a while I found some of my pawns just standing, (there activity was listed as standing). I could make them do stuff but then they'd go back to standing. I don't know what prompted me to do it but I made them drop all the added crap they were carrying. Not clothes or their weapons, just the added crap. They'd then pick it up and put the stuff away and go back to normal. After close to 30 hours in my current play I've had to do this maybe 4 times to get them back on track. I think it might be an issue with pick up and haul or who knows. Just an FYI if you're experiencing this as well.

Load order, for like RJW and it's various bits and bobs, or a full game setup with lots of bells and whistles?

Here's a mod list/load order that doesn't throw any errors in the game. In rimpy it will give a couple of warnings but it's fine.

Make sure you delete all the shit out of the local low folder, run the game as vanilla once, then use this mods. Big mod lists like this need a clean install. It does NOT throw any errors for me.

You'll need all xpacs, and I've tweaked the load order a bit beyond what the auto sort has done. Mainly because the sized apparel etc wasn't working right.

The game will be extremely hard at the beginning if you play like I do, this mod pack is meant more for late game max point raids.  I THINK I have dire raids in this pack.

If you don't want to use the mods themselves, you can still load the xml and see how I've got RJW set up. Or just open the XML in notepad or something. Everything works, but occasionally it looks like there are 2 sets of tits superimposed over each other. I can't figure that one out but as it sits right now the load order is the only way to get everything to work.

exported.xml

Edited by coldheartzero
updated stuff part duh

Im having some problems trying to make this work, when i try to run the installer it will either do nothing, give me errors such as "fatal: expected flush after ref listing" "fatal: early EOF
fatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output" "fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly" or no error or progress at all and just moving onto the next y/n question. not sure if im missing something obvious here. i have no clue about coding and such so im mostly going of the instructions. i did install the Git thing from the provided link but i dont know if or what i have to do with it afterwards since launching it just gives a mostly empty seperate command window

• 1 month later...

Im having some problems trying to make this work, when i try to run the installer it will either do nothing, give me errors such as: Updating rjw-master...
.git not found in /rjw-master/.
Would you like to DELETE /rjw-master/ and reinstall correctly for auto-update? [IAMSURE/n]:

5 hours ago, sasha8948 said:

Im having some problems trying to make this work, when i try to run the installer it will either do nothing, give me errors such as: Updating rjw-master...
.git not found in /rjw-master/.
Would you like to DELETE /rjw-master/ and reinstall correctly for auto-update? [IAMSURE/n]:

just agree

IAMSURE -> Enter

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 7:25 AM, coldheartzero said:

Updated again- Something in the mod list updated, not sure and it's throwing errors now, HOWEVER, it doesn't seem to effect game play to much except for when a trade caravan shows up. Then the game grinds to almost a halt until they leave. I haven't updated RJW since like the day before I made this post originally but it seems to be causing issues now as well, but since I've not updated RJW it's still working fine for me.

Word of advice, use Rimpy and always make local copies of your mod files so if they update it doesn't screw up your game, and don't manually update unless you MUST if the game is already working good.

Updated, if you're using this and discover your pawns standing around to often, check their inventory and make them drop the added baggage. Every once in a while I found some of my pawns just standing, (there activity was listed as standing). I could make them do stuff but then they'd go back to standing. I don't know what prompted me to do it but I made them drop all the added crap they were carrying. Not clothes or their weapons, just the added crap. They'd then pick it up and put the stuff away and go back to normal. After close to 30 hours in my current play I've had to do this maybe 4 times to get them back on track. I think it might be an issue with pick up and haul or who knows. Just an FYI if you're experiencing this as well.

Load order, for like RJW and it's various bits and bobs, or a full game setup with lots of bells and whistles?

Here's a mod list/load order that doesn't throw any errors in the game. In rimpy it will give a couple of warnings but it's fine.

Make sure you delete all the shit out of the local low folder, run the game as vanilla once, then use this mods. Big mod lists like this need a clean install. It does NOT throw any errors for me.

You'll need all xpacs, and I've tweaked the load order a bit beyond what the auto sort has done. Mainly because the sized apparel etc wasn't working right.

The game will be extremely hard at the beginning if you play like I do, this mod pack is meant more for late game max point raids.  I THINK I have dire raids in this pack.

If you don't want to use the mods themselves, you can still load the xml and see how I've got RJW set up. Or just open the XML in notepad or something. Everything works, but occasionally it looks like there are 2 sets of tits superimposed over each other. I can't figure that one out but as it sits right now the load order is the only way to get everything to work.

exported.xml 11.68 kB · 41 downloads

don't use common sense

On 4/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, Hydroxybutyric said:

don't use common sense

I have a bad habbit of not taking my own advice when I made a new mod set up. I hate transferring files over to the local folder and then deleting them all or updating them etc every time I want to make an new set up. I also tend to forget, a lot.

Rimworld is a great game, but the hoops you gotta go through to start a new mod list and make your game work correctly each time is, so unfun at this point I actually haven't played since I finished game/mod list I posted above.

Been thinking of a Astra Militarum or whatever it's called, warhammer 40k play through. Watched a video about the Tau a few days ago and it's got me wanting to play them in Rimworld, I just don't feel like dealing with Rimworld right now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, COALROCK8642 said:

I will die, where is the download button? Why cannot you keep atleast downloading simple.

AND LINUX or PYTHON SUPPORT PLEASE.

How is this not simple? I outlined the download link in red in this screenshot.

image.png.43fdb76d07159a66786164c5fd0b734f.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since alternative solutions might lag behind on updates, I've tried making a complementary python program for linux and similar that grabs the git links from the latest lazy installer file in the folder. It shouldn't need to be updated unless i messed up something, so the only file that needs to be downloaded to update in case is coffee's.

How to use:

1.place C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-...bat and LazyUpdater.py in Rimworld/mods folder

2.open a terminal and type python LazyUpdater.py update should proceed automatically

optionally modify C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater.bat in a text editor

Please let me know if you think there's an error or something that can be corrected.

Many thanks to @c0ffeeeee for the continued support to the community and @Techno665 from which I took inspiration for my own program

LazyUpdater.zip

Edited by alex359
  • 4 weeks later...