Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 7:05 AM, Thorman said:

C0ffeeeee, for mods like your animation framework that say "When updating, please DELETE the old mod first. DO NOT paste and overwrite the old mod." Does the bat need that done as well? Or does the bat bypass that requirement?

This Warning is normally used when some files that were in the previous version get deleted and leaving them as is can cause problems.

The bat checks for differences in your local files and the files on github. It makes changes as needed to match the new version on github.

In conclusion it's not a problem when using the bat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 5:07 AM, CardinalBirb said:

how do i use the blacklist? where do i find the blacklist file? the thing keeps prompting me for RJW when I have RJW Biotech fork so I want to disable checking for RJW

You need to create the file manually, or just copy this one LazyBlacklist.conf

On 3/10/2024 at 6:46 PM, CardinalBirb said:

thanks, where do I put it? and how do i use it? I would appreciate instructions for the tech inept like me

It is a simple lazy blacklist. You put it in the same place as lazy installer bat file. You just list mods you don't want lazy installer to check. Each mod in new line, names match names of the folders. The example Coffeeee gave you, blocks just rjw download, just like you asked.

I ported the script to powershell for some reason:
https://gitgud.io/yvvki/rjw-updater/-/blob/main/yvvki-rjw-updater.ps1

TL;DR it's the same as c0ffee's but worse.

Still a bit janky but it should support custom flags and custom branches on git clone.

I have tested this against powershell 5.1 which is available on most Windows install nowdays and the crossplatform pwsh 7.4.

It still missing a lot of feature from the original such as blacklisting and ill probably make a external xml to check for updates instead later on (no promise).

Spoiler

I literally made this in 6 hours because I want to clone this but the branch is on `dev`. YIPPIEE!

On 3/15/2024 at 6:36 PM, crow_mw said:

It is a simple lazy blacklist. You put it in the same place as lazy installer bat file. You just list mods you don't want lazy installer to check. Each mod in new line, names match names of the folders. The example Coffeeee gave you, blocks just rjw download, just like you asked.

ty

On 3/19/2024 at 1:20 AM, CardinalBirb said:

also is there a way to add all my mods as a safe directory at the same time? instead of running a command for every single mod? 

I assume you have git whinging about "safe directories"?
You can fix the ownership of your mod folder in your file system, if they are "yours" then that error doesn't occur.

You could also disable that protection in git:

git config --global --add safe.directory "*"

Edited by Watch3r

lazy.sh

For those interested a made a version that is known good to work on mac (though should work on linux), the linux/steamdeck version wasn't working for me so I pasted the .bin script into claude opus and got this output. And seems to work as expected.

put it into your mods folder and run `chmod u+x ./lazy` and then `./lazy` and you should be fine. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:03 AM, Watch3r said:

I assume you have git whinging about "safe directories"?
You can fix the ownership of your mod folder in your file system, if they are "yours" then that error doesn't occur.

You could also disable that protection in git:

git config --global --add safe.directory "*"

thanks a lot! that worked!