How is there not already a mod for Skyrim SE

That makes follower NPC's get the hell out of my forge room?

I use AFT, and I have two followers they are both set to auto-relax, but when I am crafting at a forge they both stand right behind me and repetitively ask me "What can I do for you", "Still here" blah blah blah.

Its the most un-immersive thing in the world.

I don't wanna turn follower commentary off entirely....but I just don't get it, if I stop moving on a road for a few minutes, both of these NPCs have no problem wandering off in the area to do what ever they feel they want to do.

But when I am crafting at a forge they won't relax at all. I don't get it, its 10 years down the line and someone else hasn't been annoyed enough by this to fix it?

Well I could do that but I like AFT and its functionally good for managing more than one follower.

I've used EFF in the past and didn't find it as user friendly. And I haven't used UFO since almost 2012 now.

Far as I recall neither EFF or UFO allowed me to specifically tell my followers to relax when I am crafting. AFT doesn't either, it just has an option to allow them to relax or not, thats it.

Just now, CPU said:

Use Follow me for Sex and tell them to fuck somebody :D

Well that doesn't exactly fix the problem. What I am surprised by here is that no one has modified the forge idle marker package to preclude use by CurrentFollowerFaction.

The problem is pretty simple....the followers are trying to "relax in area" which is how the auto-relax function works, but since they've followed me into the forge room they almost always 100% prefer to idle at the forge, if left alone they will basically stand on each other trying to use the forge. Neither attempt to use the smelter or the grinding wheel or the tanning rack or the upgrade table all that often. It's literally ALWAYS gotta be the forge. So since I am using the forge, and they both go into auto-relax mode after 5 seconds they're both trying to use the forge too so they're RIGHT behind me and since they are that close, its a never ending stream of followers greeting me.

Seems like one of those things SOMEONE should have already fixed but I can't find anything like it anywhere.

Just now, Tron91 said:

In EFF there is a Group Wait Command which makes them static at the position they are in.

Well I can tell them to wait at a position with AFT too and they will, but I was hoping to find a more lackadaisical solution that doesn't require me to micro manage them...cause telling them to wait I then have to re-engage them to tell them we're leaving too so its like 4 different interactions I could just completely avoid if they'd just go fucking idle somewhere else in the house...but they have to be right next to me for some reason.

Maybe there is a way to increase idle range distance so they wander out of the room?

Just now, Tron91 said:

Or Make a Patch which adds the Flag "Ignored by Sandbox" to forges.

That's what I am thinking has to be done but I'm surprised no one else has done it after 10 years of listening to someone spam them with the same two lines over and over while crafting.

7 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Probably 'cause no one else besides you is bothered by this?

LOL I cannot believe for a moment that could ever be the case its literally the most annoying thing left in the game after 10 years of mods and patches.

1 minute ago, Tron91 said:

Here you go, Anvil and Forge for yourself. ESPfe plugin.

IDidItForYou.7z 702 B · 0 downloads

You're awesome thanks I could have probably sorted it out but I'm a bit rusty on the CK since I took a big break from Skyrim and only just recently installed my SE version to finally mod it up like my old LE was....I'm really enjoying it with all the mods that are out for it, it looks and feels amazing compared to what I remember...but this ONE thing was touching off my OCD so hard.

5 minutes ago, ddbad said:

Best follower frame work is Nethers Follower Framework aka NFF,

Nothing against your preference, it's a good framework and well supported.

But you should say "best for me"

There are other gems out there. I personally prefer FLP, complicated and one has to learn to use it.

Once you got familiar with it, it gots endless options to control up to 128/256 followers.

Together with MHiYH part of my core setup.

1 hour ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Probably 'cause no one else besides you is bothered by this?

Too obvious. :classic_laugh:

56 minutes ago, modslave said:

its literally the most annoying thing left in the game after 10 years of mods and patches.

In your opinion but, strange to relate, your opinion is not the opinion of every Skyrim player.

1 minute ago, Grey Cloud said:

Too obvious. :classic_laugh:

In your opinion but, strange to relate, your opinion is not the opinion of every Skyrim player.

I'm not speaking for you and I'm not sure who you are or why you think I can't state an opinion without correcting me. I've got 10 years into this game I've got another 10 years between Morrowind and Oblivion too.....I've made a ton of mods in the past and this scenario where a companion spam greets you is something that is literally retarded and shouldn't still be in the game at this point....which was my point.

On the SE install I've done recently the entire game feels like a modernized version of Skyrim and its AMAZING and then theres that ONE little throwback to Bethesda's jankery and yes I found it annoying and I can't believe you feel a need to assert yourself against me because of it...cause it literally IS annoying and any normal person would find it jarringly un-immersive. There is no reason for a "human being" to stand behind another human being saying the same annoying thing over and over unless its my fat idiot son Rufus.

1 hour ago, modslave said:

I'm not speaking for you

But you did. You said "literally the most annoying thing left in the game" as if it was an objective fact and therefore by implication everyone else must agree.

why you think I can't state an opinion without correcting me

I have no problem with you stating an opinion but you appear to have a problem with me expressing my opinion, at least if it criticises you.

There is no reason for a "human being" to stand behind another human being saying the same annoying thing over and over

There's no reason for "human beings" to carry on with their daily routine without complaining about about dragon attacks, vampire attacks, organised crime, dangerous animals wandering the countryside, undead things, mad Forsworn etc.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your son, Rufus.

Edited by Grey Cloud
2 hours ago, 27X said:

Reality != Confirmation bias.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

But you did. You said "literally the most annoying thing left in the game" as if it was an objective fact and therefore by implication everyone else must agree.

I have no problem with you stating an opinion but you appear to have a problem with me expressing my opinion, at least if it criticises you.

There's no reason for "human beings" to carry on with their daily routine without complaining about about dragon attacks, vampire attacks, organised crime, dangerous animals wandering the countryside, undead things, mad Forsworn etc.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your son, Rufus.

When did this site get infested with aggressive people? It used to be a very chill place.

5 hours ago, modslave said:

When did this site get infested with aggressive people? It used to be a very chill place.

Antisocial networks made people like that.

Everyone is eager to fight over every single stupid and meaningless issue.

I rather miss the old "wild west" days of the internet, where spiteful trolls were clearly distinguishable from normal people. 

Back to the topic.

I like Nether's Follower Framework. It has many options to avoid your issues.