[mod] C0ffee's RJW Ideology Addons

I recently discovered that there are a decent number of species that milkable colonists fails to patch, so don't function with milking mechanics (they get the lactating hediff, but don't actually produce milk or have a milk fullness variable). How does your mod plan to handle these pawns going forward? Do you intend to exempt them from all bonuses/penalties from lactation? Or write some MC compatibility patches so all species will work with your mod? Or was this mod only intended to work with certain species in the first place?

For some reason my female colonists have a negative opinion of males that don't lactate. If that is intentional, can you make an option to only require females to lactate?

PS. The bug where I didn't get the iduce lactation option from a while ago disapperared. Not sure it it was part of your updates or another mod. Now works on most pawns.

Well humans, Orassans and Rabbies. Astoriel and Iliscean have the option greyed out saying they don't have milkable breasts (even though the have regular breasts, however they do have elf and cervine vaginas and anuses. That might be the reason?)

NoMilk.png

Edited by Ralaigon
2 hours ago, Ralaigon said:

PS. The bug where I didn't get the iduce lactation option from a while ago disapperared. Not sure it it was part of your updates or another mod. Now works on most pawns.

Well humans, Orassans and Rabbies. Astoriel and Iliscean have the option greyed out saying they don't have milkable breasts (even though the have regular breasts, however they do have elf and cervine vaginas and anuses. That might be the reason?)

Milkable Colonists is incompatible with many races. Those races that do not have a "Milk Fullness" meter, or do not have the ability to be designated for massages are such races.

I'm glad this exists and sorry if it's already been suggested already, I'm fairly new to this part of the site and haven't had a chance to read everything yet.

Thank you for everything you do, feel free to ignore the rest of this post.

Spoiler

Meme/Precept suggestion: Animal Husbandry

Taking the name out of context, instead of focusing on the selective breeding of animals, rather give significance to or at least a mood preference for/against having sex with animals.

As a meme, pawns could theoretically 'marry' a particular animal(s) as a deeper form of the 'bond' mechanic, and get the associated moods for interactions with their 'spouse'.  This behavior could replace/disable pawn marriages altogether.

The precept, if it doesn't exist already could determine whether beastiality is abhorred, disapproved, accepted, preferred, desired, or even honored.

Regarding animal 'marriage' I know that recent Rimworld updates got rid of bonds for most pen animals, not to mention the whole pen issue itself.  I'd say, as an early version, leave sorting out how to get the 'happy couple' to sleep in the same room on the regular up the the player.  That considered, the impact could be considered 'medium' if you want to make the most of the moods, you have to arrange sleeping quarters around your pens using animal flaps as doors, but you could just use animals that don't require pens at all.  However, if your pawns have multiple/unlimited spouses enabled, the impact could be 'high' as you can't slaughter your animals cuz your pawns keep marrying the damn things.

Rituals in general would be, let's call it, improved, if animals can't interrupt the initial setup of said ritual, and instead queue their 'attentions' for after the initial stage of the ritual completes.  If this is possible, I hope it will sometimes result in spontaneous orgies after rituals, if not force them to occur.

Finally... 'Conversion Rituals'

I'm not sure if it's possible to really mod this aspect to this extent, but if a 'partner' could be brought in to help 'convince' the subject of the ritual...... Here's hoping on my end anyways.

Edit: And I just noticed the other ideology mod, so my suggestions here may be superfluous/unwanted, sorry if I bothered anyone.  My suggestions have been hidden in the spoiler for posterity.

Edited by armand12
51 minutes ago, LiteralBucketMan said:

Is there a way I can write a compitability patch for a race that "Milkable colonists" doesn't support with my own hands? Or I'm asking in the wrong place?

It depends what you're asking.
Are you asking for permission? You don't need one for a patch, since I believe it's been abandoned by the original author for quite a long time now.
Are you asking how? You may need to ask on a modding development board or channel, like the one on the various RJW/rimworld discords.

The RJW race patch apparently also has a broken patch for milkable colonists in it from 1.2, though I don't know how relevant or useful that would be in making a 1.3 milkable colonists patch

On 8/16/2021 at 2:22 PM, Bonnelise said:

Seems I got a bug where I can not right click my prisoners with this mod and the options flicker in and out, its super weird.

Achtung! and some UI/Prisoner mods tend to do that.

The former spouts an error on the cursor.
There seems to be some incompatibilities

Sadly I am at this time unwilling/unable to play with this mod. The concept is great and from what I've seen the content is good but it does not seem to "play nice" with some choice other mods that I deem crucial for my playstyle.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 12:23 PM, c0ffeeeee said:

C0ffee's RJW Ideology Addons 

Download: https://gitgud.io/c0ffeeeeeeee/coffees-rjw-ideology-addons

Credit to ShauaPuta for making the icon graphics

Current features:

During RJW sex events, lovin' precepts from ideology will factor into who you're having sex with.

• Depending on what you've set your Ideology precepts, lovin' can give you positive or negative mood from Ideology while affecting your fervor.
  • Vanilla lovin' and RJW sex trigger at different rates, so balance may be an issue. Let me know if your pawns have too much/too little mood.
  • Pawns won't have sex randomly depending on your precepts, but masturbation and comfort prisoners/slaves will always be free game. 
  • Spouse only precept means no sex with people who aren't your spouse, etc.

Lactation precepts

• Requires Ed86 / RJW - Milkable Colonists · GitLab (gitgud.io) 
  • add a precept to your memes that makes it so that lactation is expected of pawns that can produce milk.
  • Difficulty scales based on your pawn's expectations.
  • Lactating pawns will produce 1.5x the normal rate of milk.

• New role: Hucow Handler
  • Requires Hucow meme to add role to Ideoligion
  • Gains ability to turn pawns already lactating into hucows
  • Will turn them into dedicated milk producers - 3x the normal milk production rate, 3x the yield, and 3x normal lactation durationat the cost of x25% work speed and x30% movement speed.
  • todo: add more impact levels, fill in flavor text

• Induce lactation - induce lactation in a pawn by stimulating their breasts until they produce milk.
  • First, click on a pawn with milkable breasts, right click them, and select "designate induce lactation." Now your pawn's breasts can be stimulated. Stimulating breasts is a work of type Handling, just like milking.
  • It takes 15 days, 2-3 times a day of massaging to get a pawn lactating. It's a long, slow process, but downside-free compared to lact-x (expensive, drug, requires research) and pregnancy (kids)

Orgy Rituals

Still in a very early state, as usual let me know if you have any bugs or issues.

More content coming soon! Have any features or ideas you think I should implement? Let me know! 

How big do the breasts have to be, to be milkable

hello i'm trying to use the milkable mod needed for the milk ideologie but it's giving a infinite number of error like this one here :

Exception ticking Immanuil (at (102, 0, 99)): System.MissingMethodException: System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Hediff> rjw.PawnExtensions.GetBreastList(Verse.Pawn)
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00024] in <b64badbf3c3d41018b3ca5d3e8c77771>:0 
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00024] in <b64badbf3c3d41018b3ca5d3e8c77771>:0 
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x0015c] in <b64badbf3c3d41018b3ca5d3e8c77771>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick ()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay ()
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()

On 8/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, Wolkeo said:

i

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't add any new things to the newly created idiology
i think the mod not works for me I do not know why

same here. I just installed this. but when creating an ideology nothing was added, nothing in-game either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Posting here to mention an additional incompat/bug. 

When using this mod with RoM, the undead slaves from the necromancer are no longer being tagged with the Slave title. I suspect it as something to do with this mod, as I haven't added any other mods than this one that would impact ideo things. 

Thanks for the hard work, it looks great so far!

EDIT: After a few moments paused while writing up this post, the undead slaves got retagged as slaves. Might've just been the game working through all the stuff that got added. Sorry!!

Edited by Koumorizen

Found a bug which only occurs when i have your mod installed.  Replication steps:

Start new game, reach the point where it's time to make your ideology, and create custom ideology.

Pick your memes, be sure to include hucow.

Scroll down to buildings.  Remove all buildings possible, then attempt to add new one.

The game will softlock as all the "close window" boxes will be offscreen, and this error will be spammed until it fills up the message box.  The weird part is, the "copy to clipboard" option straight up doesn't work here, and because I have to hard close the game, it seems like no error logs get written out.  These screenshots are the best I can give as output.image.png.30beb60c239ed42266d6eae9942b752a.pngimage.png.17a24a60846a368a76365da9e571f4f0.png

image.png.be4fe236f8eb8675e875cb18dc9e85b8.png

3 hours ago, james_watcher said:

Found a bug which only occurs when i have your mod installed.  Replication steps:

Start new game, reach the point where it's time to make your ideology, and create custom ideology.

Pick your memes, be sure to include hucow.

Scroll down to buildings.  Remove all buildings possible, then attempt to add new one.

The game will softlock as all the "close window" boxes will be offscreen, and this error will be spammed until it fills up the message box.  The weird part is, the "copy to clipboard" option straight up doesn't work here, and because I have to hard close the game, it seems like no error logs get written out.  These screenshots are the best I can give as output.image.png.30beb60c239ed42266d6eae9942b752a.pngimage.png.17a24a60846a368a76365da9e571f4f0.png

image.png.be4fe236f8eb8675e875cb18dc9e85b8.png

Hmmm, when deleting buildings? Maybe having an ideo building is mandatory? It looks like, just based off what error messages we have, there's a missing icon for some UI element, but it's hard to tell without an error log, I'm afraid :(

You're sure it's my mod that's causing it? Doesn't happen when mine is uninstalled?

2 hours ago, c0ffeeeee said:

Hmmm, when deleting buildings? Maybe having an ideo building is mandatory? It looks like, just based off what error messages we have, there's a missing icon for some UI element, but it's hard to tell without an error log, I'm afraid :(

You're sure it's my mod that's causing it? Doesn't happen when mine is uninstalled?

Well, it appears to have something to do with SCC Lewd Statues, as removing that one finally fixed the issue.  Also noticed that when putting it back in, selecting a lewd statue before any other building would cause the issue to happen.

Upside, I managed to somehow get out of the softlocked screen and get the error logs.

Sorry for the confusion.