Hey man. this mod is pretty great (for clothing so far at least) but, i seem to be having an issue as you may have already guessed lol.

so i have gotten most of my clothing and armour mods working great with FG BUT, i cant for the life of me seem to get the nekkid ladies to show up with this body. they all default to either CBBE vanilla or plain old vanilla shape. ive done clothing morphs or added the appropriate addon for the clothes. this is the only issue im still consistently having. any pointers how to get this to work? its kinda killing the fun of "tig ole bitties" during animations lol

9 hours ago, ironpython said:

Hey man. this mod is pretty great (for clothing so far at least) but, i seem to be having an issue as you may have already guessed lol.

so i have gotten most of my clothing and armour mods working great with FG BUT, i cant for the life of me seem to get the nekkid ladies to show up with this body. they all default to either CBBE vanilla or plain old vanilla shape. ive done clothing morphs or added the appropriate addon for the clothes. this is the only issue im still consistently having. any pointers how to get this to work? its kinda killing the fun of "tig ole bitties" during animations lol

If you're keeping both  FG and CBBE installed, make sure FG overwrites any conflicting files from CBBE, and maybe rebuild the FG body in BodySlide just to make sure you have the body meshes there instead of the CBBE ones. Also make sure you have "build morphs" checked in BS before building.

12 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you're keeping both  FG and CBBE installed, make sure FG overwrites any conflicting files from CBBE, and maybe rebuild the FG body in BodySlide just to make sure you have the body meshes there instead of the CBBE ones. Also make sure you have "build morphs" checked in BS before building.

ok so just open bodyslide and build with morphs the actual body i WANT to use? without modifying it in anyway? that would correct the issue or nekkid people?

and i thought you NEED to have CBBE to use fusion girl? otherwise i seem to be using it due to mod requirements (damn hard requirements ? lol )

Edited by ironpython
derp
6 hours ago, brat175 said:

Hello, It exist a link with all version of zex skeletons? I attempting to install zex for nanakochan and I'm searching for the zex skeleton v4

I don't think the author supports v4 any longer. Is there a reason you can't use v5?

4 hours ago, ironpython said:

ok so just open bodyslide and build with morphs the actual body i WANT to use? without modifying it in anyway? that would correct the issue or nekkid people?

In BodySlide you'll build the body replacer, yes (FG or CBBE or TWB or...). You'll also select a default preset (the body shape), if that's what you're asking. Some people like to pick a specific preset shape and have all NPCs show up with that shape, others like to select a generic zero-sliders preset and then rely on LooksMenu's BodyGen feature to randomize NPC body shapes in-game instead. That's up to you.

4 hours ago, ironpython said:

and i thought you NEED to have CBBE to use fusion girl? otherwise i seem to be using it due to mod requirements (damn hard requirements ? lol )

You can have both installed and there are ways to make specific characters use CBBE vs FG or build some outfits with a CBBE body included and build others for FG. That all gets pretty complex though, and given the number of conversions available for FG these days you'll probably have more luck just uninstalling CBBE. A lot of (especially older) mods say they "require" CBBE because they want you to have a nude body replacer. Odds are FG will work just as well, unless the mods really do CBBE-specific things like dynamically change your body shape in the game by referencing the names of CBBE sliders, but most mods of that nature also support FG's sliders these days, in one way or another, so I'd doubt it even then.

thank you so much for the help Vaultbait. i managed to get the body preset working on everything but my companions so far and i couldnt be happier. i just need to replace my settlers cloths as it appears they are spawning in vanilla assets, once those are changed they all appear normal. this has been a huge help and thanks also for the  info on CBBE and its requirements for mod. thatll make future playthroughs easier since ill be able to skip that one (barring stupid missing masters errors lol)

18 minutes ago, ironpython said:

thank you so much for the help Vaultbait. i managed to get the body preset working on everything but my companions so far and i couldnt be happier. i just need to replace my settlers cloths as it appears they are spawning in vanilla assets, once those are changed they all appear normal. this has been a huge help and thanks also for the  info on CBBE and its requirements for mod. thatll make future playthroughs easier since ill be able to skip that one (barring stupid missing masters errors lol)

Note that the outfit replacements included in the FG archive don't cover 100% of the vanilla game yet, but you can supplement with or swap them out for other replacers published by different authors (GrafPanzer, Lazman, Ghaan...). Check out the first post in the conversions topic for a fairly comprehensive list of what's out there.

16 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I don't think the author supports v4 any longer. Is there a reason you can't use v5?

Yes, I want use previous nanako outfits mods and they are not compatible. I think the zex support is not at the top. Looksmenu sliders not working also. I returned to 3b.

1 hour ago, darkevilhum said:

Does anyone know of any higher res body + face skin combos that are seamless on FG? Im using this body skin at the moment https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28809 but struggling to find a face skin that is seamless that isn't 1k.

I've had a lot of luck with Raider Queen in combination with Natural Face Textures 2K, but lately I've been using a personalized copy of the Non-Realistic Skin (same face though). Using the second (default) face smoothness seems to result in a very close color match with the body, though if you're using a 2K face you'll need to copy appropriate headrear files in and overwrite since that body texture comes with a 1K set.

5 hours ago, MjrMalfunktion said:

I may be an idiot 5 (probably) or it has been said before. the dowload file im getting is v. 1.80 instead of 1.88? MO2 states a newer version...

The filename of the copy I downloaded on March 27 is "FusionGirl-0322.7z" and the info.xml file included in the FOMOD directory does indeed claim "<Version>1.80</Version>" along with an outdated link to the former Nexus mod page (since deleted). I have a feeling updating that file has simply been overlooked in more recent releases. If you look in the Meta.iNi file in that same folder, you'll hopefully find that it claims "version=1.88" instead?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, handsome2 said:

is pubic hair featured in this mod? or need to install separate mod?

Depends on what you mean by "featured" but the default skins which come with this body have a little bit painted on. There are plenty of compatible skin replacement mods with heavier or lighter pubic hair, as well as mods with lots of custom pubic hair overlays you could apply, and even one out there which provides a wearable 3D pubic hair model (pretty sure it's been converted for FG, you'd have to build it in BodySlide of course, just like clothing or armor).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a die-hard CBBE user, but now I'd like to try Fusion Girl. Of course, the amount of information overwhelms me.

How can I do it? First uninstall everything related to CBBE and then install FG? Or do both work together?

Do BT3 and Looksmenu work with FG?

I prefer slim actresses and most of the presets I saw related to FGG don't appeal to me. Are there still the presets I used in Looksmenu that I can use to customize the body I want?

What else should be installed so that FG works well and that you don't know from the CBBE world?

Any help is welcome :)

Edited by deathmorph
29 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I'm a die-hard CBBE user, but now I'd like to try Fusion Girl. Of course, the amount of information overwhelms me.

How can I do it? First uninstall everything related to CBBE and then install FG? Or do both work together?

Do BT3 and Looksmenu work with FG?

I prefer slim actresses and most of the presets I saw related to FGG don't appeal to me. Are there still the presets I used in Looksmenu that I can use to customize the body I want?

Any help is welcome :)

Hi, Deathmorph :)

BodySlide and CBBE were separated several years ago, so you can indeed install FusionGirl and BodyTalk without having CBBE installed. I can't remember how many years ago I uninstalled CBBE, but I think it's at least three.

I'm still using BT2 (if it works, why change, haha), so I can't answer much about BT3 except that yes, it works with both LooksMenu and FusionGirl. Actually, the common factor is the ZAZ Extended Skeleton (Zex Skeleton). BT and FG use that skeleton, so it's best when you install FG that you also pick a male body designed to work with Zex.

You can go as slim or as curvy with Fusion Girl as you want. If you like to see an example of one of my slender Fusion Girl presets I've used, I made this film, though it's possible to go even slimmer than that:

When you install FG and a Zex male body you'll need to decide if you want to control the body shapes in BodySlide (the traditional method) or if you want to install all bodies and clothes with zero sliders and control everyone through LooksMenu (gen-something, I forgot what they call it). I use BodySlide, but both methods are fine. It's just that whatever method you use, you'll have to stick with it as they're not compatible with each other.

FusionGirl requires more modding experience than CBBE to use, but in my opinion it's worth the effort to get good with it :)

Edited by Karna5
Sorry I accidentally put half the text in the spoiler and can't figure out how to fix that.

Thank you very much for the video, looks promising :)

So far I've created my actress via Bodyslide (I mixed that up in the first post) and occasionally "touched up" companions via the Looks menu. I'm trying to recreate something like this body, can I use the old preset in Bodyslide?

Spoiler

image.png.912c2d54e092c0b92b675351b4cac1dd.png

I suspect that the physics mods will no longer work. Is physics already included in FG or are there additions?

I had also read that there are several methods. One makes NPC bodies all look the same, another lets the game decide NPC's body shape. But I can't remember where I read that. But maybe you know what I mean.

9 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I suspect that the physics mods will no longer work. Is physics already included in FG or are there additions?

Yes, the FG body has "physics bones" included already. You'll still need a physics library like OCBP or OCBPC to take advantage of them, but if memory serves that was similar with CBBE as well (it's been so long since I touched CBBE now I really can't remember).

9 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I had also read that there are several methods. One makes NPC bodies all look the same, another lets the game decide NPC's body shape. But I can't remember where I read that. But maybe you know what I mean.

Yes, that's actually a feature of LooksMenu called BodyGen. The ZBG dependency of FG includes BodyGen configuration for both FG and BT3 by default, though you can reconfigure or disable that (I rely on it extensively since I get tired of every character having identical-looking bodies).

Okay, I remember reading something about OCBP for FG. Let's see what I can find there for ZeX5.

Is there a central site that offers all the components needed for FG functionality (for an FG DAU)? I also think I need to change all of my clothes. And let's see if better settlers is still running, I like the diversity of the settlers.

16 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Okay, I remember reading something about OCBP for FG. Let's see what I can find there for ZeX5.

Is there a central site that offers all the components needed for FG functionality (for an FG DAU)? I also think I need to change all of my clothes. And let's see if better settlers is still running, I like the diversity of the settlers.

For clothing conversions, you'll find an ongoing list of compatible ones linked here (and also links to the other stuff you just asked about):

33 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks - last question before I start: everything CBBE related needs to be uninstalled?

You don't have to uninstall CBBE itself, but it's arguably cleaner and easier to rule out if you run into problems. CBBE outfit conversions are fine to leave installed if you want, and in some cases may not be trivially removable anyway, like when they're integrated into a clothing mod and you're installing it as a dependency of an FG conversion of the same. Just make sure when building outfits with BodySlide that you build the FG versions instead of the CBBE versions.