On 12/18/2021 at 3:11 PM, sharpt33th said:

Hi Guys,
Been using FO4 mods for a while, but only just switched over from CBBE to FG.

The mod's brilliant, but having a stange graphical glitch while certain animations play while nude - I've getting a weird effect stretching from the crotch to a fixed point.

It can clearly be seen when playing vanilla animations to sit on chairs, etc, but also some AAF anims too.

Happens for female players and female NPCs.

image-2021-12-18-230832.png

Stripped my mods back to only FG (v1.85) and and Zaz's Extended Skeleton (v5).

Tried redownloading and redeploying the 2 mods.

Also tried a clean install of FO4 and loaded into the game using a save from the Nexus (unmodded savegame from Concord), but issue is still ocurring.

Not seeing the same issue if I switch to CBBE or while wearing outfits with FG.

I've read through this thread and spent some time searching, but can't see anyone with the same issue so presuming I've done something derpy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Having this exact same issue. Reinstalled ZeX V5 and set to highest priority, made sure there weren't any other remaining body conversions or tweaks. Turned off all mods except FG and ZeX to see if there was some sort of conflict. Still haven't solved it. 

1 hour ago, vitchblease said:

Having this exact same issue. Reinstalled ZeX V5 and set to highest priority, made sure there weren't any other remaining body conversions or tweaks. Turned off all mods except FG and ZeX to see if there was some sort of conflict. Still haven't solved it. 

Did you try moving ZeX to below the body mods? Since that was what fixed it for me.. well, that and you're supposed to install skeletons after the bodies anyway according to:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-fucking-manual-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-18december2021/

Edited by Kellendros00
Grammar.
14 minutes ago, mat10193 said:

Does anyone know if there is a full uniboob and unibutt reference for fusion girl? and if not, how hard would it be to make?

Uniboob yes, it's one of the reference meshes which comes along with FG itself. I'm not aware of any available unibutt reference, however.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, vitchblease said:

The stretched bones out of body issue generally happens when there's a disagreement between the bones in the FemaleBody.nif and the skeleton.nif, or more specifically, when the FemaleBody.nif has bones not found on the skeleton (the other way doesn't cause errors, note the old cbp bones everywhere on skeleton...

Open up the skeleton.nif and FemaleBody.nif, both in meshes\actors\character\characterassets, and verify no bones exist on the FemaleBody not found in skeleton- based on screen I'd guess it's either anus or vagina bones.

If the stretching problem only occurs during animations, that means there's a disagreement with the skeleton.hkx  (found in above filepath) and the skeleton nif.

I don't have the newest version of the skeleton or body, but what I ended up doing awhile ago is junking the zex modified skeleton.hkx, so that animations would play with the vanilla skeleton and not override my physics config with the animators' pre-baked genital animations. 

I would try that and see what happens (save a copy of the skeleton.hkx first), then remove it from charassets and see if the glitch still occurs when the game is using the vanilla animation skeleton (DONT move the skeleton.nif)

18 hours ago, Johnny453 said:

The stretched bones out of body issue generally happens when there's a disagreement between the bones in the FemaleBody.nif and the skeleton.nif, or more specifically, when the FemaleBody.nif has bones not found on the skeleton (the other way doesn't cause errors, note the old cbp bones everywhere on skeleton...

Open up the skeleton.nif and FemaleBody.nif, both in meshes\actors\character\characterassets, and verify no bones exist on the FemaleBody not found in skeleton- based on screen I'd guess it's either anus or vagina bones.

If the stretching problem only occurs during animations, that means there's a disagreement with the skeleton.hkx  (found in above filepath) and the skeleton nif.

I don't have the newest version of the skeleton or body, but what I ended up doing awhile ago is junking the zex modified skeleton.hkx, so that animations would play with the vanilla skeleton and not override my physics config with the animators' pre-baked genital animations. 

I would try that and see what happens (save a copy of the skeleton.hkx first), then remove it from charassets and see if the glitch still occurs when the game is using the vanilla animation skeleton (DONT move the skeleton.nif)

I am currently having the same problem and people keep referring me to the "ultimate guide" saying I didn't follow it correctly, and sure that probably is the case most of the time but it's getting really annoying when its just used to wave people off. Like if you don't want to help fine, DONT.

I've search forever and your the first person who actually sounds like 1) you know what you are talking about 2) Doesn't assume everyone has studied programming and has a plethora of how any specific games file structure and its uses to generate specific functions in a specific game. 3) Actually tries to help/pin point the problem.

I've already replaced FG with CBBE and "the problem" is gone, but FG looks way better (unless you are into the virtua fighter look), so I am really trying to make it work. I will reply to this if your experiment yields something. Either way thanks dude, I was getting so frustrated more about "The Help" then "The problem" FFS...Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Edit: Doing the thing you said didn't do anything, but found an older verison of the zaz extended skeleton (I think v4) and that removed "that issue" so It's definitely a skeleton thing...I just got to figure out where things are messing up with the v5. It's not the best but its better than a flying vagina or anus in the middle of the screen. Hopefully this info helps someone figure it out in the future.

Edited by GutZ1983
14 minutes ago, GutZ1983 said:

I am currently having the same problem and people keep referring me to the "ultimate guide" saying I didn't follow it correctly, and sure that probably is the case most of the time but it's getting really annoying when its just used to wave people off. Like if you don't want to help fine, DONT.

I've search forever and your the first person who actually sounds like 1) you know what you are talking about 2) Doesn't assume everyone has studied programming and has a plethora of how any specific games file structure and its uses to generate specific functions in a specific game. 3) Actually tries to help/pin point the problem.

I've already replaced FG with CBBE and "the problem" is gone, but FG looks way better (unless you are into the virtua fighter look), so I am really trying to make it work. I will reply to this if your experiment yields something. Either way thanks dude, I was getting so frustrated more about "The Help" then "The problem" FFS...Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

This reminds me that I also briefly saw similar behavior when I upgraded an existing FG from ZeX v4 to v5 without remembering to rebuild everything (including the nude body itself) in BodySlide.

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

This reminds me that I also briefly saw similar behavior when I upgraded an existing FG from ZeX v4 to v5 without remembering to rebuild everything (including the nude body itself) in BodySlide.

Cool.

*throws hand up in the air and leaves* I am going to go talk to the wall now.

1 hour ago, GutZ1983 said:

Cool.

*throws hand up in the air and leaves* I am going to go talk to the wall now.

I can't tell from your response whether that was useful feedback or not. I haven't been closely following what solutions you'd tried or the exact steps you followed to get yourself into that situation. Forum discussion is very asynchronous, after all. If you're looking for more real-time troubleshooting help you may have more luck on the ZeX Discord.

I fixed it.

You need to get some tutorials on youtube. I used an outdated one using CBBE, but if you are having this problem you need to learn how to use bodyslide. I used this as a basis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piuKW5L5MM0), but it's not direct to FusionGirl. Just replace everything it says about CBBE and apply it to FusionGirl.

I am using M02 for my mod manager, so that why its formatted that way. Can't help you with anything else, because at this point my tolerance is very low, but I think this will give you the avenue/path you need to fix it.

The key point is making an executable link within M02 (see video) and then modifying FG from there. If you don't know where your override (overwrite )folder is just right click the line that states override (overwrite in MO2) and then click open in explorer (the file path should be in your address bar). That's where you want to output (build/create the new files to (settings) - It will add a folder called meshes or mesh). For me when I edit using bodyslide it does both FusionGirl (girl models) and BodyTalk (male models). When I did it I used Batch Build and clicked the morph button, but when saving only selected the FG options, as my main character is male, and I am not concerned about the male part. I am ok with defaults for the male. When I messed around with the male part things got wonky. I am sure there are guides for that aspect. If you included the bodytalk, you might be adding a new level of troubleshooting.

For the outfit/body I select FusionGirl Nude. Preset, whatever you want this just pre adjusts the sliders. Make sure you changes the output directory to the override folder, you will know this is semi-correct (If you see textures it's probably using the base files of the game) when there is no textures added and just a base model with words written on it when you click preview (see video-youtube). Change what you want, I did the batch build with morphs checked. unselected anything related to bodytalks (male body).

I switched back to F4SE ran the game and everything worked as intended. Note: This will change every female body to represent the change you made. However this seems to be the only way to make thing work as prescribed by "THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MODDING". You can deviate from this, but it seems it needs some form of file overwrite to remove the floating elements. There is a possibility this isn't exactly true but, I am not a programmer, just very stubborn person....and this is what made it work for me, for what I want.

You can mess around with the body talks to modify the male model but I got some weird results. Someone else will have to do that part.

As for the order (Mo2) you want the body talks, FG, looksmenu on the top. ( I go bodyslide, looksmenu, body talks, fusiongirl at the top....after that the addons like physics etc, optional addons....Then the AFF framework with the Kinky animation thing....then the animations, then the AFF final patch<--the one they harp on being last) here's my set up (https://imgur.com/a/OS2poxp)https://imgur.com/qXmlWyv) Note: I installed the F4SE manually. They really push the order from the guide but I modified it so much that regardless as long as I have the base files -> animation packs then final update. Nothing changes. I have no idea why that aspect is harped upon..

Final Note:

I am a bit annoyed at the modding community that seems to omit the processes they had to go through to have a full understanding of said process. Like you just forget somehow that people are not at the experience level you have gained and then just lambasts people for not being at that level but insist on being "support" That's really not helpful at all. It completely defeats your efforts, and only increases your standing socially in a community that let's face it most of the time pretty toxic in general. If internet clout is all you are after fine, but don't pretend you are out here trying to help people, you are just making it worse. Don't waste people time by just re submitting a link to a guide that CLEARLY doesn't solve unique problems. If that guide doesn't solve common problems, DON'T FUCKING insist people re-reading shit that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Modify it to includes those common problems, because if you say its the "ULTIMATE" fucking guide it better includes those elements.

At least try to put yourself in the position of a person who has never interacted with a specific system, and TRY not to attribute stupidity for genuine misunderstanding.

Fuck people in general holy fucking shit.

Edited by GutZ1983
20 hours ago, GutZ1983 said:

I fixed it.

You need to get some tutorials on youtube. I used an outdated one using CBBE, but if you are having this problem you need to learn how to use bodyslide. I used this as a basis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piuKW5L5MM0), but it's not direct to FusionGirl. Just replace everything it says about CBBE and apply it to FusionGirl.

I am using M02 for my mod manager, so that why its formatted that way. Can't help you with anything else, because at this point my tolerance is very low, but I think this will give you the avenue/path you need to fix it.

The key point is making an executable link within M02 (see video) and then modifying FG from there. If you don't know where your override (overwrite )folder is just right click the line that states override (overwrite in MO2) and then click open in explorer (the file path should be in your address bar). That's where you want to output (build/create the new files to (settings) - It will add a folder called meshes or mesh). For me when I edit using bodyslide it does both FusionGirl (girl models) and BodyTalk (male models). When I did it I used Batch Build and clicked the morph button, but when saving only selected the FG options, as my main character is male, and I am not concerned about the male part. I am ok with defaults for the male. When I messed around with the male part things got wonky. I am sure there are guides for that aspect. If you included the bodytalk, you might be adding a new level of troubleshooting.

For the outfit/body I select FusionGirl Nude. Preset, whatever you want this just pre adjusts the sliders. Make sure you changes the output directory to the override folder, you will know this is semi-correct (If you see textures it's probably using the base files of the game) when there is no textures added and just a base model with words written on it when you click preview (see video-youtube). Change what you want, I did the batch build with morphs checked. unselected anything related to bodytalks (male body).

I switched back to F4SE ran the game and everything worked as intended. Note: This will change every female body to represent the change you made. However this seems to be the only way to make thing work as prescribed by "THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MODDING". You can deviate from this, but it seems it needs some form of file overwrite to remove the floating elements. There is a possibility this isn't exactly true but, I am not a programmer, just very stubborn person....and this is what made it work for me, for what I want.

You can mess around with the body talks to modify the male model but I got some weird results. Someone else will have to do that part.

As for the order (Mo2) you want the body talks, FG, looksmenu on the top. ( I go bodyslide, looksmenu, body talks, fusiongirl at the top....after that the addons like physics etc, optional addons....Then the AFF framework with the Kinky animation thing....then the animations, then the AFF final patch<--the one they harp on being last) here's my set up (https://imgur.com/a/OS2poxp)https://imgur.com/qXmlWyv) Note: I installed the F4SE manually. They really push the order from the guide but I modified it so much that regardless as long as I have the base files -> animation packs then final update. Nothing changes. I have no idea why that aspect is harped upon..

Final Note:

I am a bit annoyed at the modding community that seems to omit the processes they had to go through to have a full understanding of said process. Like you just forget somehow that people are not at the experience level you have gained and then just lambasts people for not being at that level but insist on being "support" That's really not helpful at all. It completely defeats your efforts, and only increases your standing socially in a community that let's face it most of the time pretty toxic in general. If internet clout is all you are after fine, but don't pretend you are out here trying to help people, you are just making it worse. Don't waste people time by just re submitting a link to a guide that CLEARLY doesn't solve unique problems. If that guide doesn't solve common problems, DON'T FUCKING insist people re-reading shit that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Modify it to includes those common problems, because if you say its the "ULTIMATE" fucking guide it better includes those elements.

At least try to put yourself in the position of a person who has never interacted with a specific system, and TRY not to attribute stupidity for genuine misunderstanding.

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive instructions. Works like a charm.

Edited by zane0
21 hours ago, GutZ1983 said:

Final Note:

I don't personally claim to be "support" or anything of the kind. I'm just using mods and trying to help others do the same, but my available time to explain fundamentals is particularly limited. As with most free things, you're lucky if the amount of help you get is more than what you've paid for it. That's not sarcasm, it's honesty. Nobody has an inalienable right to get the game do the things they want it to, or for mods they've decided to try to use to just work like they'd hoped.

I can only find a reference in your first ever post on LL where you claim people have been referring you to "The Ultimate Guide" (I've never even heard of that one) but you don't say where. Not here I guess? Why rant about it here? When posing a question, it's best to be very clear about what you've already tried, and why, and what documentation you've read to lead you to those choices, preferably with links to said documentation so we can all get on the same page when someone does happen along with time to help, or with some idea as to what the problem could be.

At the risk of referring you to yet another guide you may already have read, this one is about how to ask questions in a community of volunteers while maximizing your chances to get useful replies: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

1124463423_Skrmbild(13).png.d7f37190454bcb9cadd745d692b94722.pngHow do you build your preset for outfits? Whenever i build my body my FG mod clothes dont respond, basically ignores my preset.

More detailed explination: I use two outfit mods currently, Vtaw Loba and Dicky's Pin Up Outfit FG. After i build my body in Outfit Studio all vanila clothes are fine but these two outfits just dont work. Dicky's for example, the outfit builds correctly but my PC randomly gets Zero sliders, And with Vtaw Loba, The outfit and body all becomes zero sliders.

Im kinda new to bodyslide and FG, I just downloaded FG yesterday.

EDIT: I found out that every single mod outfit is like this :(

Also at first i though that my FG version was fucking shit up but a quick check showed that it was not the issue.

Skärmbild (12).png

Edited by TheGamingSoviet1944
8 hours ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

1124463423_Skrmbild(13).png.d7f37190454bcb9cadd745d692b94722.pngHow do you build your preset for outfits? Whenever i build my body my FG mod clothes dont respond, basically ignores my preset.

More detailed explination: I use two outfit mods currently, Vtaw Loba and Dicky's Pin Up Outfit FG. After i build my body in Outfit Studio all vanila clothes are fine but these two outfits just dont work. Dicky's for example, the outfit builds correctly but my PC randomly gets Zero sliders, And with Vtaw Loba, The outfit and body all becomes zero sliders.

Also at first i though that my FG version was fucking shit up but a quick check showed that it was not the issue.

Skärmbild (12).png

Did you check for which version of FG those outfits were built ? The last version of FG is 1.85. And only 1.80 and 1.75 are compatible, all versions below won't work and you'd expect a similar problem of yours if you use outfits created for those latter versions.

9 hours ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

How do you build your preset for outfits? Whenever i build my body my FG mod clothes dont respond, basically ignores my preset.

Like @mertinladnoted, this does look very similar to the effect you get if using FG 1.75 or later with outfits that were converted for versions of FG prior to 1.75. As an example, Dicky's Pinups provides an outdated FG conversion in its files page, but there's a more recent conversion available for download separately here. For a comprehensive list of outfit conversions which will work with latest Fusion Girl, check this (it's updated fairly frequently):

Edited by vaultbait
3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Like @mertinladnoted, this does look very similar to the effect you get if using FG 1.75 or later with outfits that were converted for versions of FG prior to 1.75. As an example, Dicky's Pinups provides an outdated FG conversion in its files page, but there's a more recent conversion available for download separately here. For a comprehensive list of outfit conversions which will work with latest Fusion Girl, check this (it's updated fairly frequently):

Dident work still have the same issue.

28 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

Dident work still have the same issue.

You installed the updated conversion of Dickey's and removed the outdated one, batch built it (with morphs) in BodySlide for the same preset as you built your base body, then started up the game and tried the outfits on, but still saw a large gap between the fabric for the shirt and the skin of the breasts?

3 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

Dicky's Pin up works now, But the file provided for the Vtaw Loba outfit conversion doesent seem to be working, They dont appear in the Chemlab in-game and in bodyslide the outfit has no texture plus my preset doesent seem to be affecting it at all.

What conversion of Vtaw's Loba outfit are you using? What version of FG was it made for? Is it the one from the list I linked to?

Edit: Keep in mind that FG evolved rapidly over the past two years, so unless a conversion explicitly states that it was made for verison 1.75 (or later) then it may need to be manually upgraded with Outfit Studio to the newer base body, sliders and bones. The process isn't too complicated, but the the official FG conversion thread is the best place to track down updated versions others may have already created.

Edited by vaultbait
45 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

I think i might know the issue. I think its just a conversion, wich means that i might need the original file too. Going to try real quick hold on. Btw yes i use the one you listed.

Right, conversions (almost always) still need the original mod to supply textures/materials and a plugin.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:38 PM, vaultbait said:

This was the problem I was having. Silly mistake really, but new to BodySlide.

All sorted now, I really appreciate the help. Thank you.