17 minutes ago, Kyra.N said:

Thats difficult because i have no idea how far the spawn range is.

Well for the strikers to be able to do what they do they have to have spells running on them right? so add a silent spell that kills them after 10 minutes say or on cell unload if you can do that.

Seems like latest version has some flaws:

Error: Cannot call GetWeaponType() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.GetStrikerMatch() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 217
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.PlaceStrikerAtMe() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 126
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.DeployStriker() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 88
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.CheckCell() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 159
    [ (A40BFE8D)].DeviousStrike_CellTracker_XMScript.OnCellDetach() - "DeviousStrike_CellTracker_XMScript.psc" Line 14
warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp37"
stack:
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.GetStrikerMatch() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 217
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.PlaceStrikerAtMe() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 126
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.DeployStriker() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 88
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.CheckCell() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 159
    [ (A40BFE8D)].DeviousStrike_CellTracker_XMScript.OnCellDetach() - "DeviousStrike_CellTracker_XMScript.psc" Line 14
Error: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (A40F02BB)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.DeployStriker() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 90
Error:  (FF00121D): does not have 3d and cannot have an effect shader played on it.
stack:
    [ (00000E5C)].EffectShader.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.DeployStriker() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 91

Error: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (A40F02BB)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.DeployStriker() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 90
Error:  (FF001C34): does not have 3d and cannot have an effect shader played on it.
stack:
    [ (00000E5C)].EffectShader.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [DeviousStrikeQuest (A4074FD2)].deviousstrike_spawns.DeployStriker() - "DeviousStrike_Spawns.psc" Line 91

2 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Seems like latest version has some flaws:

Do you notice any problems during gameplay? because as far as i know these log messages can appear when for example a script is running on an actor who died during the scripts actions. which shouldnt cause any problems for gameplay.

Or this:

"The "Object reference has no 3D" error means that the ant tile (or the cell that it is in) unloaded from memory (probably because the player was too far away).

Edited by Kyra.N
7 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

Do you notice any problems during gameplay? because as far as i know these log messages can appear when for example a script is running on an actor who died during the scripts actions. which shouldnt cause any problems for gameplay.

Or this:

"The "Object reference has no 3D" error means that the ant tile (or the cell that it is in) unloaded from memory (probably because the player was too far away).

Well, I was trying to troubleshoot another mod, Unforgiving devices, for throwing lots of errors related to device lock mechanic with source being Devious Strikers all the time, it looked like the latter was trying to lock devices at least twice on some actors. It didn't provide visible issues but might had affected performance. Can't tell for sure. So I just reported findings from debugger, maybe a few null negative checks can solve them?

On 6/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, Kyra.N said:

Thanks for liking the mod!

Yes strikers are able to equip items on anyone but for followers you have to enable the MCM option for it to work. Although the mod AFT might cause problems by itself. i used it once and figured out that it has some problems with DD in general so i switched to EFF which handels devices on followers a lot better. that said you have to try with or without AFT and see whether it works, then you know for sure if AFT is causing any problems.

Thank you for the help. I tried switching from AFT to EFF and I'm still having the same issue (no devices getting equipped to followers). I've made sure that the "only target player" option is disabled and that the allowable target genders is set correctly in the debug page. I've noticed something odd though: all of the devious strikers are completely naked when they spawn as if they don't have their devices equipped. When they die there are a bunch of devices on their "corpse" that are marked as being equipped, however. Also, whenever devices get equipped to my player character, it seems to always be through a "transfer all" event rather than an individual event. Of note, followers will seemingly trigger "transfer all" events; a notification is displayed with the "getting hit one more time..." warning and the "someone is getting wrapped up..." message. The follower will also fall down but never get any devices equipped or put into their inventory. It usually takes a few minutes for the follower to stand back up. I have the console messages enabled and I've noticed that when handling a follower, the "from" and "to" fields are both usually completely empty. I have a pretty large amalgamation of mods and I'm suspecting another mod is conflicting somehow, but I don't know where to start for figuring out such a conflict. The only likely conflicts that come to mind are "Unforgiving Devices" and "Better NPC Support for Devious Devices".

6 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Well, I was trying to troubleshoot another mod, Unforgiving devices, for throwing lots of errors related to device lock mechanic with source being Devious Strikers all the time, it looked like the latter was trying to lock devices at least twice on some actors. It didn't provide visible issues but might had affected performance. Can't tell for sure. So I just reported findings from debugger, maybe a few null negative checks can solve them?

These shouldn't cause any harm, but just in case i will take a look into it myself and try to reproduce the messages. Thanks for reporting though.

6 hours ago, BreadDain said:

One thing I did with UD is turn off the auto scan npc. It detect a lot of DS

2 hours ago, girmrad said:

Thank you for the help. I tried switching from AFT to EFF and I'm still having the same issue (no devices getting equipped to followers). I've made sure that the "only target player" option is disabled and that the allowable target genders is set correctly in the debug page. I've noticed something odd though: all of the devious strikers are completely naked when they spawn as if they don't have their devices equipped. When they die there are a bunch of devices on their "corpse" that are marked as being equipped, however. Also, whenever devices get equipped to my player character, it seems to always be through a "transfer all" event rather than an individual event. Of note, followers will seemingly trigger "transfer all" events; a notification is displayed with the "getting hit one more time..." warning and the "someone is getting wrapped up..." message. The follower will also fall down but never get any devices equipped or put into their inventory. It usually takes a few minutes for the follower to stand back up. I have the console messages enabled and I've noticed that when handling a follower, the "from" and "to" fields are both usually completely empty. I have a pretty large amalgamation of mods and I'm suspecting another mod is conflicting somehow, but I don't know where to start for figuring out such a conflict. The only likely conflicts that come to mind are "Unforgiving Devices" and "Better NPC Support for Devious Devices".

There is quite a lot going wrong in your current game.. it almost sounds as if your save game is a little corrupt but i might be mistaken here.

First things first, with that big load order of yours are you using Fallrimtools? espacially the resaver which can show and clean your save files. Oftentimes some saves are beyond saving and the only way left for stuff to work properly is to start a new game, but with this tool you might be able to safe your save file. 

If that is not the case and your stuff is clean then the problem sounds like it is coming from DD itself, do you have the latest version installed? You could also try to start a new game just to test if the same problem persists, if yes then your problem is most likely caused by mod conflicts or false installations. 

about the console messages, this is how it should look like:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.1c1682f6563cc8bdb6a5ed3cbd14ddb8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

There is quite a lot going wrong in your current game.. it almost sounds as if your save game is a little corrupt but i might be mistaken here.

First things first, with that big load order of yours are you using Fallrimtools? espacially the resaver which can show and clean your save files. Oftentimes some saves are beyond saving and the only way left for stuff to work properly is to start a new game, but with this tool you might be able to safe your save file. 

If that is not the case and your stuff is clean then the problem sounds like it is coming from DD itself, do you have the latest version installed? You could also try to start a new game just to test if the same problem persists, if yes then your problem is most likely caused by mod conflicts or false installations. 

about the console messages, this is how it should look like:

Hide contents

image.jpeg.1c1682f6563cc8bdb6a5ed3cbd14ddb8.jpeg

My save game is certainly not clean. I've been using it as a "test" file for quite a while and have been abusing it pretty harshly (e.g. removing and adding mods willy-nilly). I was already highly suspecting that save corruption was probably the issue, but I just haven't had time to restart with a new character to test.

As for DD version, yes I have the most recent non-beta version (5.1).

For the console, mine looks just like that except on the "START FUNCTION - TransferSingleMagic(From: Chara; To: Karliah; Amount: 1)" line it would say "START FUNCTION - TransferSingleMagic(From: ; To: ; Amount: 1)" or "START FUNCTION - TransferSingleMagic(From: ; To: Karliah; Amount: 1)".

I'll try to use Fallrimtools to clean the save file and if that fails I'll try a fresh new save.

2 hours ago, girmrad said:

My save game is certainly not clean. I've been using it as a "test" file for quite a while and have been abusing it pretty harshly (e.g. removing and adding mods willy-nilly). I was already highly suspecting that save corruption was probably the issue, but I just haven't had time to restart with a new character to test.

As for DD version, yes I have the most recent non-beta version (5.1).

For the console, mine looks just like that except on the "START FUNCTION - TransferSingleMagic(From: Chara; To: Karliah; Amount: 1)" line it would say "START FUNCTION - TransferSingleMagic(From: ; To: ; Amount: 1)" or "START FUNCTION - TransferSingleMagic(From: ; To: Karliah; Amount: 1)".

I'll try to use Fallrimtools to clean the save file and if that fails I'll try a fresh new save.

Let me know how this turns out. but i think most your problems solve themselves with a new save

On 7/3/2022 at 7:13 PM, Kyra.N said:

Let me know how this turns out. but i think most your problems solve themselves with a new save

So I tried starting a new / clean save and things are mostly working. It seems that there is a slight incompatibility with Unforgiving Devices where some devices won't equip to strikers or followers (haven't tested with player really). The most recent update of Unforgiving Devices seems to work much better with Devious Strike than the previous version but it seems to still occasionally throw errors and prevent devices being equipped. I think my problem was / is mostly that after a transfer event triggers it can take up to 5 or so minutes before the device gets equipped on a follower. It could be scripts in general being slow for me due to how many mods I have running. Overall though, devices do eventually get equipped to followers as far as I've tested. I am still getting many instances of transfer events in the console with empty "From" and "To" fields, though (pics attached below).

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.pngScreenShot2.png

Edited by girmrad
On 7/4/2022 at 7:25 AM, girmrad said:

So I tried starting a new / clean save and things are mostly working. It seems that there is a slight incompatibility with Unforgiving Devices where some devices won't equip to strikers or followers (haven't tested with player really). The most recent update of Unforgiving Devices seems to work much better with Devious Strike than the previous version but it seems to still occasionally throw errors and prevent devices being equipped. I think my problem was / is mostly that after a transfer event triggers it can take up to 5 or so minutes before the device gets equipped on a follower. It could be scripts in general being slow for me due to how many mods I have running. Overall though, devices do eventually get equipped to followers as far as I've tested. I am still getting many instances of transfer events in the console with empty "From" and "To" fields, though (pics attached below).

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot0.pngScreenShot2.png

Good to hear your stuff is mostly working now. Eventhough 5 minutes are rather too long for a combat mod. I have something that could help with your problem i just need to test it a little more, sadly i dont have much time lately so it might take a little bit longer than i expected. And i cant promise that i will perfectly fix your problem 

17 minutes ago, Kyra.N said:

Good to hear your stuff is mostly working now. Eventhough 5 minutes are rather too long for a combat mod. I have something that could help with your problem i just need to test it a little more, sadly i dont have much time lately so it might take a little bit longer than i expected. And i cant promise that i will perfectly fix your problem 

OK. Thank you for the help. I look forward to the potential fix, but I totally understand being busy / burned out. Also, I'm happy to test the fix even in a "rough" state and give feedback before release if that'd be helpful.

22 hours ago, girmrad said:

OK. Thank you for the help. I look forward to the potential fix, but I totally understand being busy / burned out. Also, I'm happy to test the fix even in a "rough" state and give feedback before release if that'd be helpful.

No worries about the time i will probably test it today soon enough and publish the whole thing right after, cause it looks really well done. And dont get me wrong i didnt do all the stuff it was the mad lad @Hylysi all credits to them.

And to be honest i think i am slowly getting back to the point where i want to start modding again, but no promises since for me personaly a lot will change the near future. So that being said i am sure we will get your problem fixed.

42 minutes ago, Canaduh said:

Can we prevent wolves from transforming into Strikers, and perhaps undead also?
Willing to be outvoted on this, but personally I find it breaks context of certain dungeons.

Yes might be possible and i get what you mean. With undead do you mean draugrs or skeletons or all of them?

Edited by Kyra.N
2 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

Yes might be possible and i get what you mean. With undead do you mean draugrs or skeletons or all of them?

Primarily skeletons, as there are towers and forts usually occupied primarily by skeletons, and as much as it might break immersion, 80 odd percent of Skyrim dungeons are going to be barrows, and have draugr in them. Blocking those removes a large percent of striker potential locations, right?

On another note, I was thinking it might be interesting (if possible) to have a 'Agent Smith' mechanic, where the striker can jump to another bandit or enemy further into the dungeon when defeated, and give a message like 'The Striker isn't done with you yet'. Rather than wrapping you up or turning to goo.

Another potential idea is, many moons ago in the day of the Whiterun brothel, there were invisible enemies just like strikers who slowly pursued you around the world, and only became visible when they jumped out to attack you, having a similar effect to the strikers item equip. 

1 hour ago, Canaduh said:

Primarily skeletons, as there are towers and forts usually occupied primarily by skeletons, and as much as it might break immersion, 80 odd percent of Skyrim dungeons are going to be barrows, and have draugr in them. Blocking those removes a large percent of striker potential locations, right?

So the thing is that those undead have to be in one of the following factions: Bandit, Forsworn, Necromancer, Silverhand, Warlock. I think that the undead are part of the Necromancer or maybe warlock faciton which you can disable in the MCM. Jsut try it out and see if it works. 

And yes alot of enemies in skyrim are undead. 

On another note, I was thinking it might be interesting (if possible) to have a 'Agent Smith' mechanic, where the striker can jump to another bandit or enemy further into the dungeon when defeated, and give a message like 'The Striker isn't done with you yet'. Rather than wrapping you up or turning to goo.

Funny idea but souds little op if you ask me. Maybe i am wrong though.

Another potential idea is, many moons ago in the day of the Whiterun brothel, there were invisible enemies just like strikers who slowly pursued you around the world, and only became visible when they jumped out to attack you, having a similar effect to the strikers item equip. 

This idea was already suggested, it is on the list. 

Also the "only exterior" toggle seems to be non functional, it's always toggled off even if I turn "only interior" off. And even if it's turned off it's still spawning strikers in exterior zones.

The actual behavior I'm looking is for "only interior" on, "only exterior" off and for strikers to only spawn in interiors. Currently this doesn't work out because strikers still spawn in exteriors, The only way to get the behavior I want is to have strikers spawn disabled and only enable it when I go into an interior zone. This does make spawning automatic while I'm traveling through interior zones.

Another thing I can do is have the spawn disabled and go into debug to force deploy strikers. this works well when in exterior zones, because this way I can deploy strikers only when I actually want to go into the camp or fort I'm facing. And prevents just and overload of strikers when going around. I don't know how well this works in interiors because I don't know the actual range of the scan, but I think i would work well in somewhat smaller zones.

What I'm getting at is that while the spawn mechanics seem a bit wonky, I like the mod enough to go into menus every time I go in and out of an interior zone, but I would actually love to have an actual hotkey to force deploy strikers.