On 8/6/2023 at 9:02 PM, SirCrazy said:

In terms of game play, this makes the mod more difficult since we may not know who is carrying a devious weapon until it is too late.

Well technically you can see them carrying a devious weapon if you pay close attention, but yes it is not as blatantly obvious as a bright green striker running around.

On 8/6/2023 at 9:02 PM, SirCrazy said:

Once I get my new computer built I will be enjoying this mod. Thanks!

Glad to hear! if you like, let me know what you think of the update after testing it. Feedback keeps this mod going forward.

Edited by Cursed Raccoon
4 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Hi,

By the Gods, @Cursed Raccoon, what a mightily intriguing update you've shared with us here! Thank you so much!

As SirCrazy said above, the changes make just so much sense! Mind you, not that I didn't enjoy the previous take with the devices-clad strikers running around, but the update makes things even better and more devious. Much appreciated!

Thanks too for removing the striker deathlords. Combined with the issue of strikers spawning on strikers that another poster mentioned previously when the "replace enemies" function was off, that made some dungeons really, *really* tough in my previous game (which lasted for around eight in-game months until a bugged out civil war mod put a stop to it, lol). :D

Thank you! 

Technically strikers should not be able to spawn on strikers, they just never despawn and once you visit the same cell again the mod just places another batch of strikers right next to the old one. i am still figuring out how to solve this issue the correct way, but for now i have increased the number of cells the mod will rember, which you have already visited and wont spawn anything in them. I hope the number is not too high, because that might lead to cells being reset but no new devious enemies spawning...

Well in any case these are things for future updates i guess.

4 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

which lasted for around eight in-game months until a bugged out civil war mod put a stop to it, lol

ohh no i hope it wasn't my mod that broke your game. It's really rare to see playthroughs lasting this long nowadays.  

5 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

ohh no i hope it wasn't my mod that broke your game. It's really rare to see playthroughs lasting this long nowadays.  

Oh no, I am 100% certain that the Civil War mod bugged out all on its own in such a fatal way -- and I won't name mod names, because I'm also about 75% certain that it was all my fault with my xEdit "tinkering" that caused this in the first place. :P

In fact, I'm happy to report that Devious Strikers worked superbly alongside my big load order even in big battles with usually two followers alongside (who of course also ended up getting bound, oh maybe "once or twice" LOL). Savegame remained clean all troughout, no stuck active scripts etc., no stackdumps in my regular after-gameplay log checkups, and all that even though I wasn't taking it easy on poor old Skyrim with my LO (besides the usual bunch of SL/DD mods, I'm also running various big overhaul/impact mods like the Populated Skyrim series (triggering even more Striker spawns, yay!), Perkus Maximus, Skyrim Unbound with non-Dragonborn option, YMOYL, Frostfall, (to name but a few).

On 8/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, Cursed Raccoon said:

This is a really confusing problem you got there. 

Sorry for all the questions but i need the information to pinpoint where this problem comes from, as i am not able to reproduce this issue. 

looking at your screenshots i figure that the devices are marked as equipped in your inventory and just dont appear on your character? 

This could be caused by the custom armor using different slots than regular armor, which means you actually have both equipped but can only see one of them. If you want to see both at the same time you could change this in the DD mcm settings under "Devices Underneath" or something along those lines. Or you could use xEdit to change the slots of your custom armor to the slots normal skyrim is using. 

Yes it is very confusing :D
Yesterday I tried to clean install skyrim with mods (installed only necessary ones) and installed your newest mod version (BTW idea with puting devious weapons is very good!)
So what happened. I tried going with nude character and on every hit, theres that equip sound and that red/orange transfer glowing. Items won't appear in the inventory, but it does transfer everything after the last hit (wrapping like a present)

Nice update, like it a lot!

Here's couple of ideas:

1. How about chance of getting punishment restraint, depending on number of devices worn when transfer-all triggered? I.e. transfer-all triggered, 0 devices worn, no chance to get punishment device. If transfer-all triggered wen player already wears a lot of devices - chance to get some punishment device, I'm thinking something like 10-20% per worn restraint.

Could be lower chance of the same on each transfer event, I'm thinking in lines of half, i.e. 5-10% per worn restraint.

2. When player wears heavy bondage - each successful device transfer hit can have a chance to get player stuck in contraption.

Currently player just gets all nice and cozy in devices, but not actually truly helpless and poor strikers just waste themselves trying to dress up already dressed player. With changes above they will ensure player stays helpless to be used as they see fit.

5 hours ago, DzonyBravo said:

Yes it is very confusing :D
Yesterday I tried to clean install skyrim with mods (installed only necessary ones) and installed your newest mod version (BTW idea with puting devious weapons is very good!)
So what happened. I tried going with nude character and on every hit, theres that equip sound and that red/orange transfer glowing. Items won't appear in the inventory, but it does transfer everything after the last hit (wrapping like a present)

Have you tried this on a new save file or an old one? if not could you try on a new one for me please? Could you also tell wether the option on the debug page that says "Are Events Blocked?" is enabled?

Edit:

What are the 'only necessary ones'?

Edited by Cursed Raccoon
5 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

1. How about chance of getting punishment restraint, depending on number of devices worn when transfer-all triggered? I.e. transfer-all triggered, 0 devices worn, no chance to get punishment device. If transfer-all triggered wen player already wears a lot of devices - chance to get some punishment device, I'm thinking something like 10-20% per worn restraint.

Could be lower chance of the same on each transfer event, I'm thinking in lines of half, i.e. 5-10% per worn restraint.

Nice idea but how could it happen that you have no devices equipped after a transfer all, which should well.. transfer all devices. I cant think of a scenerio right now that would lead to something like this. 

2. When player wears heavy bondage - each successful device transfer hit can have a chance to get player stuck in contraption.

Noted. ?

Currently player just gets all nice and cozy in devices, but not actually truly helpless and poor strikers just waste themselves trying to dress up already dressed player. With changes above they will ensure player stays helpless to be used as they see fit.

Yeah, you not wrong with that asumption, but i dont this mod to become another slavery mod. Though i am thinking about some ways to get other mods involved that tie in once the player failed in battle. 

22 minutes ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

Have you tried this on a new save file or an old one? if not could you try on a new one for me please? Could you also tell wether the option on the debug page that says "Are Events Blocked?" is enabled?

Edit:

What are the 'only necessary ones'?

I have tried it firstly with new game, then i totally deleted all mods and game itself, installed a few SL mods, DD, CD and i think that was it. The weird thing is that anything else works without a problem (DD, CD and from your mod everything but transfering devices after get hit). I think that this problem might not be about your mod, but I have no other idea what else to try :D 

19 minutes ago, DzonyBravo said:

I have tried it firstly with new game, then i totally deleted all mods and game itself, installed a few SL mods, DD, CD and i think that was it. The weird thing is that anything else works without a problem (DD, CD and from your mod everything but transfering devices after get hit). I think that this problem might not be about your mod, but I have no other idea what else to try :D 

i dont want to ruin your current mod setup, so for testing you could create a new profile in your mod manager and only install Devious strike with its requirements and their respective requirements and nothing else. To test if it works how it should work you can do the following: after starting skyrim stay in the main menu, open console and type 'coc unownedcell'. in this cell you wait for the mods MCMs to show up. Go into DS settings and change spawn rate to 100% and transfer chance for every type of transfer also ot 100%. Open console again and type 'coc embershardmine01' and test with the first two guys down the entrance. If this does not work, then i am really clueless, but we will figure it out somehow. I wish i knew where this problem comes from...

57 minutes ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

i dont want to ruin your current mod setup, so for testing you could create a new profile in your mod manager and only install Devious strike with its requirements and their respective requirements and nothing else. To test if it works how it should work you can do the following: after starting skyrim stay in the main menu, open console and type 'coc unownedcell'. in this cell you wait for the mods MCMs to show up. Go into DS settings and change spawn rate to 100% and transfer chance for every type of transfer also ot 100%. Open console again and type 'coc embershardmine01' and test with the first two guys down the entrance. If this does not work, then i am really clueless, but we will figure it out somehow. I wish i knew where this problem comes from...

So.. I just tried that and its the same... Well, don't worry too much about it, i'm just gonna do experimenting with more settings and other mods.

When i think about it.. there was first or maybe second time I installed this mod and it was something simillar, but don't remember how i fixed it :D 
Anyway, thank you for the help. Will comment here if I find some useful information

EDIT: bug was not connected to this mod
Found a bug/conflict that hopefully is only on my end?

It seems the newest update of DS causes DCL's MCM to break completely if you try to access DCL's debug page.

If anyone runs DCL and DS, can they replicate this behaviour with the new update?
(Would at least give me a good reason to finally switch from DCL to the more modern DIN? though I'd miss the Rubber Doll Quest)

Edited by A.Okita aka Caralis
5 hours ago, DzonyBravo said:

So.. I just tried that and its the same... Well, don't worry too much about it, i'm just gonna do experimenting with more settings and other mods.

When i think about it.. there was first or maybe second time I installed this mod and it was something simillar, but don't remember how i fixed it :D 
Anyway, thank you for the help. Will comment here if I find some useful information

No worries i'm here if you need help or want me to explain some behind the scenes stuffs. i wish you best luck in finding the issue and if you do so dont hesitate to share the information. Always helpful to know where a bug came from incase somebody else encounters the same.

1 hour ago, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

Found a bug/conflict that hopefully is only on my end?

It seems the newest update of DS causes DCL's MCM to break completely if you try to access DCL's debug page.

If anyone runs DCL and DS, can they replicate this behaviour with the new update?
(Would at least give me a good reason to finally switch from DCL to the more modern DIN? though I'd miss the Rubber Doll Quest)

I have testet this on my normal setup just now and it seems to working just fine, sorry to say dont know where this could come from. Though you try and type this in console to reset your mcms: 'setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1'. and what do you mean it breaks completly? wont it open or does it look buggy? 

Sorry to be the boomer here, but what does DIN stand for? i have never heard this acronym. 

18 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

Nice idea but how could it happen that you have no devices equipped after a transfer all, which should well.. transfer all devices. I cant think of a scenerio right now that would lead to something like this.

You can have transfer-all event happen with no devices or only one when you start combat with only one hit left in the transfer-all counter (7/8 if defaults used). Imagine defeating previous batch of strikers, having received only 7 hits, removed some devices, continued adventure, encountered next group.

DIN = Devious Interests by @Taki17

@Cursed Raccoon

Nice mod thanks

Just a quick suggestion, if I may?

OOIC, is there any way of adding the mod linked to, ie PetCollar, to the list of devices that the PC can be equipped on the PC (PC only, I think), when the PC is hit by a striker (without, of course, generating the work of having to add a whole new range of scripts etc to your mod)?

It could, possibly, add a (sort of) player slavery outcome for no extra overhead on your mod

4 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

You can have transfer-all event happen with no devices or only one when you start combat with only one hit left in the transfer-all counter (7/8 if defaults used). Imagine defeating previous batch of strikers, having received only 7 hits, removed some devices, continued adventure, encountered next group.

Ohh now i get it after rereading what you said, i have to appologise for misunderstanding. Everything makes so much more sense now. And yes it make for a nice addition i think.

16 hours ago, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

4 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

DIN = Devious Interests by @Taki17

I see, a devious mod that is new to me, think i will try it out. And yeah it really covers almost all features that previously only DCL provided apart from the actual cursed loot functionality. 

1 hour ago, DonQuiWho said:

@Cursed Raccoon

Nice mod thanks

OOIC, is there any way of adding the mod linked to, ie PetCollar, to the list of devices that the PC can be equipped on the PC (PC only, I think), when the PC is hit by a striker (without, of course, generating the work of having to add a whole new range of scripts etc to your mod)?

It could, possibly, add a (sort of) player slavery outcome for no extra overhead on your mod

In the past i have already recieved similar suggestions like with the Dwarven devious cuirass

It would not be impossible, but for now i would like to keep mod integrations to a minimum, especially in terms of new devices. This has the reason of my spaghetti code not yet being ready for this to happen and keeping itself together in one act. Before i do some of these integrations, i would first like to improve the 'behind the scenes' systems to a stable enough point that allows for easy integrations without any hassle. 

But no worries i will have your suggestion noted and will come back to it in the future once these fundamentals are set and done. 

17 minutes ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

In the past i have already recieved similar suggestions like with the Dwarven devious cuirass

It would not be impossible, but for now i would like to keep mod integrations to a minimum, especially in terms of new devices. This has the reason of my spaghetti code not yet being ready for this to happen and keeping itself together in one act. Before i do some of these integrations, i would first like to improve the 'behind the scenes' systems to a stable enough point that allows for easy integrations without any hassle. 

But no worries i will have your suggestion noted and will come back to it in the future once these fundamentals are set and done. 

That sounds like a good, solid, sensible, approach! 

And Cool Beans to you for not just ruling it out at maybe some future point too!

Thanks for taking time to reply as well

DQW

17 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

I have testet this on my normal setup just now and it seems to working just fine, sorry to say dont know where this could come from. Though you try and type this in console to reset your mcms: 'setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1'. and what do you mean it breaks completly? wont it open or does it look buggy? 

DCL's MCM works fine, until I try to click the debug page.
The MCM stays on the current page and changing pages stops working.
Still can exit out of the DCL menu. Every other mod menu works as usual.
Trying to open DCL's menu again leaves you with a completely blank MCM menu.

Your console command sadly didn't work, it just caused the DCL entry to vanish entirely from MCM.

49 minutes ago, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

DCL's MCM works fine, until I try to click the debug page.
The MCM stays on the current page and changing pages stops working.
Still can exit out of the DCL menu. Every other mod menu works as usual.
Trying to open DCL's menu again leaves you with a completely blank MCM menu.

Your console command sadly didn't work, it just caused the DCL entry to vanish entirely from MCM.

What a weird behaviour, have you tried to replicate this bug in on a new game file? And what does your save cleaner say? would you mind sending me your log with only cursed loot and devious strike log massages enabled?

5 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

What a weird behaviour, have you tried to replicate this bug in on a new game file? And what does your save cleaner say? would you mind sending me your log with only cursed loot and devious strike log massages enabled?

This happened on a new save file.

Currently trying to rule out a mod conflict, as testing on a new safe with only the basic requirements, the bug vanished.
Maybe it's just user error or too much stress put on the engine. Or just the infamous case of "try turning it off and on again"

EDIT: Bug wasn't connected to this mod

Edited by A.Okita aka Caralis
7 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

@Cursed Raccoon

Nice mod thanks

That actually could be a nice idea!
For example, there could be some kind of a boss, which, if you loose, not only puts character in restrains, but also be a slave (some kind of slavery integration)

Then after that, I thought, that there could be a different Strikers with specific device that only a specific striker class could have. For example, usually the strikers could put you in the catsuit, but without gas mask and only a specific striker could have that mask. Mask would be modded to force aphrodisiac gas when its equiped (purple gas animation??).

The other specific striker could have aphrodisiac magic, that increases arousal and when character is on climax, by default it could be stunned, so other strikers could start transfering devices.

Another striker could put a succubus tattoo, which, of course could increase arousal (slave tattoo integration??)

I understand, it sounds to me like it's too much, but might be a decent idea for the future updates :D 

45 minutes ago, DzonyBravo said:

That actually could be a nice idea!
For example, there could be some kind of a boss, which, if you loose, not only puts character in restrains, but also be a slave (some kind of slavery integration)

Then after that, I thought, that there could be a different Strikers with specific device that only a specific striker class could have. For example, usually the strikers could put you in the catsuit, but without gas mask and only a specific striker could have that mask. Mask would be modded to force aphrodisiac gas when its equiped (purple gas animation??).

The other specific striker could have aphrodisiac magic, that increases arousal and when character is on climax, by default it could be stunned, so other strikers could start transfering devices.

Another striker could put a succubus tattoo, which, of course could increase arousal (slave tattoo integration??)

I understand, it sounds to me like it's too much, but might be a decent idea for the future updates :D 

In an ideal world, it would merely need a handoff to SD+, but we're all really dependent on @DeepBlueFrog developing his mod to the point where it's moved past the point where the most interesting part of player slavery is to try to find ways to get the master/mistress killed, so that you can wander free again. ?

There's always hope, but it seems to be pretty much at the bottom of his list - his other mods are pretty much as good as you'll find - and, TBH, it's maybe not too surprising as getting SD+ back to something that is properly interesting and entertaining, not to mention also being a fairly coherent experience - if you've ever been to Sanguine's Grotto, you'll have a fair idea of what I mean - must be the Horny Devil's own job ? 

The Frog has my every sympathy ?

DQW

4 hours ago, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

This happened on a new save file.

Currently trying to rule out a mod conflict, as testing on a new safe with only the basic requirements, the bug vanished.
Maybe it's just user error or too much stress put on the engine. Or just the infamous case of "try turning it off and on again"

EDIT: Couldn't find a specific mod responsible for a potential conflict.

if you have any news, let me know. its always hard to figure out a bug if you cant replicated it at will.