On 3/25/2022 at 6:51 AM, Kyra.N said:

Thanks, this means a lot to me! I had big plans for this mod but sadly it is currently under hiatus. But let me know if you have any ideas for the mod, i might be able to incorporate them once i get back to development.

Sorry to hear you burned out... This mod is pretty awesome for its creative approach to integrating DD into the world in a meaningful way. Take some time, breathe... the passion for creation never really dies, it just goes on vacation from time to time. I look forward to your return to modding, be it this or a completely different project.

Idea/suggestion for a future thing....

-Maybe a way to change/have different options for the dead body?

As someone with serious vision issues it is often hard for me to find the ghostly remains to loot. :(

Maybe different colors? or a pile? heck a default body? Basically anything BUT the flat dark texture...giggles

On 3/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, shiftbitlogic said:

Sorry to hear you burned out... This mod is pretty awesome for its creative approach to integrating DD into the world in a meaningful way. Take some time, breathe... the passion for creation never really dies, it just goes on vacation from time to time. I look forward to your return to modding, be it this or a completely different project.

I already have some stuff on my mind for when i come back!

On 3/31/2022 at 1:44 PM, kaiteyc said:

Idea/suggestion for a future thing....

-Maybe a way to change/have different options for the dead body?

As someone with serious vision issues it is often hard for me to find the ghostly remains to loot. :(

Maybe different colors? or a pile? heck a default body? Basically anything BUT the flat dark texture...giggles

This is absolutely doable, i put it on the list.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is this mod crashing my game a lot I've got to turn down the spawn rate I guess and some other options. Any time I get near bandits the game crashes a lot and I have a recent computer just a year old fancy video card and 32gb of system ram but it could just be skyrim LE being crappy too. I think the biggest slowdown is all the DCL stuff transferring from a striker to the player. Maybe if you just made outfits for them so it looked like they were wearing DCL stuff but not really. Then the attaching of DCL stuff to a target would be easier to deal with. 

I always had this idea of the various spell casting traps in the game world could cast special DCL spells at the player depending on arousal so some DCL items would get added to the player if hit by those spells. I don't think there are a lot of those spell casting traps in the game world.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:58 AM, Zor2k13 said:

I think it is this mod crashing my game a lot I've got to turn down the spawn rate I guess and some other options. Any time I get near bandits the game crashes a lot and I have a recent computer just a year old fancy video card and 32gb of system ram but it could just be skyrim LE being crappy too. I think the biggest slowdown is all the DCL stuff transferring from a striker to the player. Maybe if you just made outfits for them so it looked like they were wearing DCL stuff but not really. Then the attaching of DCL stuff to a target would be easier to deal with. 

I always had this idea of the various spell casting traps in the game world could cast special DCL spells at the player depending on arousal so some DCL items would get added to the player if hit by those spells. I don't think there are a lot of those spell casting traps in the game world.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes. I dont think that it has to do anything with your hardware, i was palying this mod on a 5 year old pc or something and it worked perfectly fine. I guess, like always, it has to do with your mod arrangement. 

Your idea sounds funny, though the topic of traps was already discussed in this thread and the result was that custom traps are rather performance heavy in terms of spawning them into the world. And editing already existing traps will most likely end with conflicts regarding other mods. That being said it would still be possible to achieve, but it wont be an easy task. 

7 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

but it bettre and less bugs then 5.xxx

and faster ....

DD4x and 5x has a different in add/remove DD item function. So if the mod is quest only then it may compatitivable. But here DS has tons of transfer/add/remove DD situation, so the big NO NO

• 4 weeks later...

So I took about six months away from playing modded Skyrim but I am back at it so I'll try out the latest update

Edit: I tried it out. Works seemlessly from what I can gather. I have encountered many issues during my lengthy playtest today but none from your mod. It's very funny to dash through an area on horseback with my swarm of followers only to look back and see them in the dayglow of devious striker weapon blows lol

Edited by Farsh-nuke
I tried out the updated mod
  • 2 weeks later...

Ich Liebe ihre Mod. Freue mich sie gefunden zu haben.

Habe sie Installiert und es funktionierte auch. Geräte wurden übertragen beim Kampf.

Obwohl ich keine Mods danach installiert habe, werden irgendwann keine neuen Geräte mehr übertragen.

Man hört es am Ton und auch der Messenger sagt es mir, aber es passiert nichts.

Habe schon einmal alles neu installiert von Grund auf, aber immer das gleiche.

Wenn es von Anfang an wäre würde ich es ja verstehen, aber nicht das es irgendwann auf hört.

Vielleicht haben sie ja eine Idee was ich falsch mache.

Not sure if this has been reported, but I encountered a bit of a bug. One of my save files does not transfer devices anymore and I think it's due to a script that's hung which was supposed to be a transfer all event that never actually happened (saw the message, but nothing ever equipped that I noticed, was supposed to be on a follower)

The debug screen on the MCM indicates as such

ScreenShot1088.png.5f71d5080594c4aeddff29d114b5cfc4.png

Current number of transfers is stuck at 3. Restarting the mod and resetting the MCM didnt fix it. My other save files still work fine.

I'm getting ready to try uninstalling the mod, loading the save file, resaving then reinstalling to see if it fixes it.

Edit: Uninstalling, creating a clean save, then reinstalling worked, but if there was a way to kill any transfers that are stuck that would be much easier.

Edited by serranna
16 hours ago, serranna said:

Not sure if this has been reported, but I encountered a bit of a bug. One of my save files does not transfer devices anymore and I think it's due to a script that's hung which was supposed to be a transfer all event that never actually happened (saw the message, but nothing ever equipped that I noticed, was supposed to be on a follower)

Current number of transfers is stuck at 3. Restarting the mod and resetting the MCM didnt fix it. My other save files still work fine.

I'm getting ready to try uninstalling the mod, loading the save file, resaving then reinstalling to see if it fixes it.

Edit: Uninstalling, creating a clean save, then reinstalling worked, but if there was a way to kill any transfers that are stuck that would be much easier.

Hi,

Clicking the 'Reset Block Flags' button right above the greyed-out 'Are Events Blocked?' menu option in the debug menu (where the filled out mark indicates that events are currently blocked) has previously solved a similar issue for me without any other steps taken, probably at least a couple of times. I think that's exactly what that menu option is for and at least it's worked for me in the past.

On 6/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, Apovise said:

Ich Liebe ihre Mod. Freue mich sie gefunden zu haben.

Habe sie Installiert und es funktionierte auch. Geräte wurden übertragen beim Kampf.

Obwohl ich keine Mods danach installiert habe, werden irgendwann keine neuen Geräte mehr übertragen.

Man hört es am Ton und auch der Messenger sagt es mir, aber es passiert nichts.

Habe schon einmal alles neu installiert von Grund auf, aber immer das gleiche.

Wenn es von Anfang an wäre würde ich es ja verstehen, aber nicht das es irgendwann auf hört.

Vielleicht haben sie ja eine Idee was ich falsch mache.

17 hours ago, serranna said:

1 hour ago, BYJE137 said:

Hi,

Clicking the 'Reset Block Flags' button right above the greyed-out 'Are Events Blocked?' menu option in the debug menu (where the filled out mark indicates that events are currently blocked) has previously solved a similar issue for me without any other steps taken, probably at least a couple of times. I think that's exactly what that menu option is for and at least it's worked for me in the past.

First of all thanks for liking the mod.

SOOO... looking at the two problems you guys have i think they are caused by the same thing. And that is the DHLP suspensions. Explanation - there are many DD mods that use this "feature" because it prevents very bad stuff from happening: like two scripts running at the same time and interferring with each other causing your game to be overwhelmed. To prevent such a disaster the DHLP-Suspension can block certain mod events, in this case the transfer of devices. 

This means you should not disable the DHLP block manually unless you know what you are doing OR a mod is bugged and couldn't disable the suspension by itself, which leads to all other mods' events being permanently blocked. In that case you have to disable the DHLP block manually. 

In my mod there the two already mentioned MCM options: 

Reset Block flags - This is used to munally release the DHLP Suspension.

Are events blocked? - This shows whether DHLP-suspend is active or not

In conclusion, if DS isnt working anymore and the events blocked option is toggle but nothing else is happening in game then i would say you are safe to press the reset button above to disable the DHLP block.

I hope this explains and fixes both your problems.

Edited by Kyra.N
2 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

So there is one bug I see quite a bit. Pop ups describing my character putting the Devious Devices gear on the Devious Strikers. 

You arent accidentally using a devious weapon without noticing it right? If not then could you give me more information about this? like under what conditions it is happening and so on..

2 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

You arent accidentally using a devious weapon without noticing it right? If not then could you give me more information about this? like under what conditions it is happening and so on..

I believe this is in reference to messages popping up when in the inventory screen, I get it a lot too, but I think its unavoidable. I believe it's the mod placing strikers in the world which happens to be going on while you are in the menu. It happens with all DD mods, so I dont think there is anything that could be done about it.

Thanks fo rthe info on how to fix my problem. I tried all options except reset block flags lol. Either way the reinstall of the mod worked anyway.

Also, I didnt mention it but I am really enjoying the mod and the difficulty it adds to the gameplay.

Edited by serranna
1 minute ago, serranna said:

I believe this is in reference to messages popping up when in the inventory screen, I get it a lot too, but I think its unavoidable. I believe it's the mod placing strikers in the world which happens to be going on while you are in the menu. It happens with all DD mods, so I dont think there is anything that could be done about it.

Also in reference to my post, when I tried to troubleshoot I used Restart Mod and Reset MCM both to no effect. What you are saying is that I could try Reset Block Flags in the future if it happens again?

Yep, this would be my recommendation.

And yes, I also get striker equip notifications when in inventory mode. It's a minor annoyance but certainly no big deal.

2 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

I think I'm getting notifications of the gear Devious Striker mobs put on when they spawn in. It can't be happenning every time they spawn or I'd be more reliably getting spammed. It's also almost always happenning when I am safely not in combat and thus a reasonable distance from any devious striker mobs and I never use devious weapons and they are all stored safely in Sofia's special storage that she can't use either

To be clear this isn't the usual Devious Striker style "Getting hit once more might end deviously." or "Someone is getting wrapped up like a present." This a center screen pop up like "You push the Soul gem plug vaginal into the Devious Striker and she shudders" then I have to click to get it to close the screen. 

The only new mod I'm using that might be affecting this is Diary of Mine but I'm not sure that I didn't encounter this bug before and just forgot because it was so early in development

Edit:

Thank you @serranna and @BYJE137 At least I know I'm not going mad.

Edited by Farsh-nuke
Smarter people than I found the cause.
3 hours ago, serranna said:

Thanks fo rthe info on how to fix my problem. I tried all options except reset block flags lol. Either way the reinstall of the mod worked anyway.

Also, I didnt mention it but I am really enjoying the mod and the difficulty it adds to the gameplay.

3 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

Yep, this would be my recommendation.

And yes, I also get striker equip notifications when in inventory mode. It's a minor annoyance but certainly no big deal.

3 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I think I'm getting notifications of the gear Devious Striker mobs put on when they spawn in. It can't be happenning every time they spawn or I'd be more reliably getting spammed. It's also almost always happenning when I am safely not in combat and thus a reasonable distance from any devious striker mobs and I never use devious weapons and they are all stored safely in Sofia's special storage that she can't use either

To be clear this isn't the usual Devious Striker style "Getting hit once more might end deviously." or "Someone is getting wrapped up like a present." This a center screen pop up like "You push the Soul gem plug vaginal into the Devious Striker and she shudders" then I have to click to get it to close the screen. 

The only new mod I'm using that might be affecting this is Diary of Mine but I'm not sure that I didn't encounter this bug before and just forgot because it was so early in development

Edit:

Thank you @serranna and @BYJE137 At least I know I'm not going mad.

I guess this makes scence. The only way i can think of to solve this issue is to somehow deactivate those massage temporarily through some script magic. But i is only a workaround because the problem itself comes from DD and not DS as you have already figured out.

Edit: But currently i have no idea how i would go about this...

Edited by Kyra.N
6 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

I guess this makes scence. The only way i can think of to solve this issue is to somehow deactivate those massage temporarily through some script magic. But i is only a workaround because the problem itself comes from DD and not DS as you have already figured out.

Edit: But currently i have no idea how i would go about this...

I mean if you can't find a solution even a simple bit on the description of the mod saying that it happens and why would help so people can know to ignore it from their bug reporting,

5 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I mean if you can't find a solution even a simple bit on the description of the mod saying that it happens and why would help so people can know to ignore it from their bug reporting,

That is very smart, i might even take the opportunity to explain the whole DHLP thing on the modpage. Thanks