• 1 month later...

I have a question. I'm looking to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3.

The upgrade notes for 4.3 says to just install it over 4.2 and overwrite everything. Does that mean I have to install 4.2 first, or can I just uninstall 4.1, do that save cleaning process and then jump right to installing 4.3 without messing with 4.2?

• 4 weeks later...

@Cursed Raccoon

Hi i'm on LE at the moment and i have installed the version 4.3 with all requirement however when i go to any place that should have stiker, like fort greymoor near whiterun, my fps as soon as i get too close to it. Then eventually my game froze. at first i tought its because i set the spawn rate at 9, but even if i lowered it to 3 or 1 it does the same thing.

Also even if I just use force spawn a strike to appear it CTD right away.

MCM is a little confusing. What will happen if i set spawning to "Only interior" and "Only exterior"? Did you mean to use word "Only" here, and what if i leave both unchecked, where will they spawn?

Edit: Oops i see now that it's not possible to turn both enabled. I suppose if both are unchecked then they spawn in both in and outside.

Edited by Zaflis
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, i really love the idea of the mod but i just can't get it to work correctly. Strikers will only spawn on regular bandits, but i have to force spawn them to make them even spawn at all. I attached the papyrus log here, maybe someone can help me understand?

also i apologize i think cursed loot is losing its shit in the logs, not sure why lol. 

Papyrus.0.log

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, same thing here. Before I installed 4.3 I was using 4.0, which was spawning strikers also for the other enemy types. 4.3 only spawns at bandits. Still a fun mod though, thanks for it :)

Edit: another thing that I noticed starting from using 4.3 instead of 4.0: strikers don't use magic attacks or bows anymore. All use melee attacks, with many strikers using unarmed melee attacks. I assume that the unarmed ones are supposed to using ranged attacks, like they used to do in the older version.

Edited by Richard1234
On 2/16/2023 at 3:22 PM, Richard1234 said:

Yep, same thing here. Before I installed 4.3 I was using 4.0, which was spawning strikers also for the other enemy types. 4.3 only spawns at bandits. Still a fun mod though, thanks for it :)

Edit: another thing that I noticed starting from using 4.3 instead of 4.0: strikers don't use magic attacks or bows anymore. All use melee attacks, with many strikers using unarmed melee attacks. I assume that the unarmed ones are supposed to using ranged attacks, like they used to do in the older version.

apparently you need the 4.3 patch but it breaks my save when i try to install it.

• 1 month later...

Well here i am once again, sorry for disappearing like usual. Anyway, i will tend to your problems, but i dont think that i will work on any major updates in the near future.

With that beeing said, first i will look into what casues this 4.3 update problem most of you are having and then after releasing a fix we all hope that everything works just fine.

Something i forgot to say: 

i finally switched over to the newest version of skyrim witch means i wont be playing or developing/modding for LE anymore, instead any future stuff will be for SE/AE. If the mod only has scripts like with DS, there shouldnt be any problems so there is nothing to worry about. 

45 minutes ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

Something i forgot to say: 

i finally switched over to the newest version of skyrim witch means i wont be playing or developing/modding for LE anymore, instead any future stuff will be for SE/AE. If the mod only has scripts like with DS, there shouldnt be any problems so there is nothing to worry about. 

Just curious. Do you currently have a preferred version between the two at the moment? SE or AE or no preference? BTW love your mod. It's really fun!

5 hours ago, Uncontrollableabyss said:

Just curious. Do you currently have a preferred version between the two at the moment? SE or AE or no preference? BTW love your mod. It's really fun!

i am currently testing AE. It seems to be doing fine espacially because all the mods i ran on LE were available for AE plus new ones like all the stuff for Nemesis engine etc.

But i am still a little confused when i find some of the shit that was added through AE. But it's not bothering me in any major way. to be honest it's even nice to encounter some new stuff every now and then, eventhough it's absolutly unescessary.

And thanks for liking my mod, i'm always glad to see that i makes people happy. I was planning to go much further with it than what it currently is, but nowadays things look a little different. but you never know...

On 9/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, ssonly said:

When "Remove Striker's Devices on death" option checked Transfer-All event failed. It looks like devices are removed before they are transfered.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:52 PM, serranna said:

I have a question. I'm looking to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3.

The upgrade notes for 4.3 says to just install it over 4.2 and overwrite everything. Does that mean I have to install 4.2 first, or can I just uninstall 4.1, do that save cleaning process and then jump right to installing 4.3 without messing with 4.2?

On 11/13/2022 at 6:25 PM, alexsl said:

@Cursed Raccoon

Hi i'm on LE at the moment and i have installed the version 4.3 with all requirement however when i go to any place that should have stiker, like fort greymoor near whiterun, my fps as soon as i get too close to it. Then eventually my game froze. at first i tought its because i set the spawn rate at 9, but even if i lowered it to 3 or 1 it does the same thing.

Also even if I just use force spawn a strike to appear it CTD right away.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:27 PM, Crystal_Emily285 said:

i currently have 4.1 
can i just install 4.3 without having to do the 4.1 to 4.2 process first
if i plan to start a new character 
or do i have to do the 4.1 to 4.2 still?

On 1/25/2023 at 2:57 AM, opheir said:

Hey, i really love the idea of the mod but i just can't get it to work correctly. Strikers will only spawn on regular bandits, but i have to force spawn them to make them even spawn at all. I attached the papyrus log here, maybe someone can help me understand?

also i apologize i think cursed loot is losing its shit in the logs, not sure why lol. 

Papyrus.0.log 22.7 MB · 3 downloads

On 2/12/2023 at 9:10 PM, LinksSword said:

@Cursed RaccoonAm having the same issue as the user above, only bandits seem too spawn any strikers, Using latest version. 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:22 PM, Richard1234 said:

@ssonly

you are right it's bugged atm, i will fix it for the new version. Thanks for mentioning it!

EDIT: the fix will be in the new version.

@serranna

All you need is to install 4.3 + 4.3 patch and thats it. no need to install 4.2 first

@alexsl 

what specs do you have? for me striker spawns work without any major lags and not to mention CTDs. Maybe your load order causes some trouble

@Crystal_Emily285 

same as serranna you just need to install 4.3 + 4.3 patch. espacially when starting a new game there shouldnt be any issue.

@opheir @LinksSword

i will test too see if it's a bug i missed and will look into it. Thanks for pointing out!

EDIT: after some testing i found that on my setup strikers can spawn on forsworn. i also assume that you have it activated in the MCM? and that you guys have installed the latest version 4.3 + 4.3 patch.

@Richard1234

same as above for the first problem. for your second problem i will have to do some testing.

EDIT: after testing i noticed that magic strikers wont spawn properly (they are missing there spells or not using them), but the ranged ones seem to be working fine. 

Edited by Cursed Raccoon
13 hours ago, LinksSword said:

I wish i knew why my save won't load whenever i try to install that Patch and yes i did overwrite everything, It also works perfectly fine on a save that doesn't have the mod already present in it or a new game. 

have you tried the extravagant method of upgrading to a newer version. in short deinstall the mod completly and savely on your current save file and then installing the new version as if it were a completly new mod?

Edited by Cursed Raccoon
1 hour ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

have you tried the extravagant method of upgrading to a newer version. on short deinstall the mod completly and savely on your current save file and then installing the new version as if it were a completly new mod?

i tried this approach too and the same thing happens...

Must be because some things are baked into the save. 

Edited by LinksSword
17 hours ago, LinksSword said:

i tried this approach too and the same thing happens...

Must be because some things are baked into the save. 

With the old version installed; Make a save; Open it in ReSaver; Select the devious striker's esp in the filter; Delete all entries; Save the file; Uninstall the mod; Start the game and load the modified save file; If the game loads properly, wait a few minutes, make a save; Quit game and install the new mod files; Play the game;

On 4/4/2023 at 1:17 AM, Cursed Raccoon said:

@Richard1234

same as above for the first problem. for your second problem i will have to do some testing.

EDIT: after testing i noticed that magic strikers wont spawn properly (they are missing there spells or not using them), but the ranged ones seem to be working fine. 

Thanks, I've only been running 4.3, without the patch. When I get around to playing skyrim again i'll check it out and let you know.

Edit: tried the patch for 4.3 and it fixed the issues. The strikers spawn for other enemies and ranged strikers behave well. Sorry that I missed the patch first time around.

Edited by Richard1234
On 4/11/2023 at 8:51 AM, Uncontrollableabyss said:

I just started an SE playthrough of this mod for the first time and for some reason I cant get it to load the mod on the MCM at all. No issues on LE, is there a separate version or install?

Well thats weird it should work the same for both SE/LE. do you have different load orders / mods installed for both of them?

On 4/18/2023 at 4:22 AM, Uncontrollableabyss said:

Thank you for your response. I hadn't even thought about the load order. Do you know if there's a preference? I imagine this mod after its requirements at least no?

Yes you should do that for sure. And ofcourse dont forget to install their requirements as well