• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, I started SSE again version 1.5.97. I did get the mod working, I'm not sure what got it going but it works great. The strikers spawn and move just as expected, but when it comes to "punishment" its not very consistent. Sometimes it does "Transfer-All" and other times it doesn't do anything other than cause the items to disappear. I haven't yet run into any actual "hard bondage" events like armbinders. Is there any info I might add to this that might help you? Might it be something I messed with? Thanks again for your support and work.

22 hours ago, Uncontrollableabyss said:

Hello again, I started SSE again version 1.5.97. I did get the mod working, I'm not sure what got it going but it works great. The strikers spawn and move just as expected, but when it comes to "punishment" its not very consistent. Sometimes it does "Transfer-All" and other times it doesn't do anything other than cause the items to disappear. I haven't yet run into any actual "hard bondage" events like armbinders. Is there any info I might add to this that might help you? Might it be something I messed with? Thanks again for your support and work.

Nice to hear that the mod works for you now. 

What do you mean by punishment sometimes causes the items to disappear? and have you enabled the option for punish devices, this should enabled devices like armbinders, hobbledresses, petsuits, etc. to appear on punish events. Ofcourse also respecting the settings from devices page.

On 5/31/2023 at 1:50 PM, Cursed Raccoon said:

Nice to hear that the mod works for you now. 

What do you mean by punishment sometimes causes the items to disappear? and have you enabled the option for punish devices, this should enabled devices like armbinders, hobbledresses, petsuits, etc. to appear on punish events. Ofcourse also respecting the settings from devices page.

So after being struck by the striker too many times, the punishment event is triggered. I didn't exclude any devices so in theory any devices the striker had equipped would be transferred from the NPC to the PC. In practice, occasionally nothing actually happens. Whatever devices were on them didn't transfer and are not found in any inventory. The punishment event itself doesn't equip any punishing devices like the armbinder, etc.  on the pc. I don't think I have any mcm settings that would conflict. I don't know of any mods that might conflict either. Thanks again for your support.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:04 PM, Uncontrollableabyss said:

So after being struck by the striker too many times, the punishment event is triggered. I didn't exclude any devices so in theory any devices the striker had equipped would be transferred from the NPC to the PC. In practice, occasionally nothing actually happens. Whatever devices were on them didn't transfer and are not found in any inventory. The punishment event itself doesn't equip any punishing devices like the armbinder, etc.  on the pc. I don't think I have any mcm settings that would conflict. I don't know of any mods that might conflict either. Thanks again for your support.

Do you have the option disabled to force device swap on punishment? this might be needed or else overlapping devices will be skipped. e.g. having catsuit equipped will prevent any type of hobbledress to be transfered as they both occupy the same equip slot 

On 6/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, Cursed Raccoon said:

Do you have the option disabled to force device swap on punishment? this might be needed or else overlapping devices will be skipped. e.g. having catsuit equipped will prevent any type of hobbledress to be transfered as they both occupy the same equip slot 

After testing a bit more, the device transfer does happen. It doesn't always happen.

Example: Two rubber suit strikers attack, calm spell one while the other hits PC. Gloves and boots are equipped, but not catsuit or mask. Second striker begins attacking PC. Gloves are replaced but nothing else. Second strikers mask is equipped but still no catsuit. PC has no body slot device equipped. Eventually punishment event happens and armbinder is equipped.

It does work just not always. Not sure if this is just SE related. No issues in the LE install of this. I'll try to mess with my mcm settings to see if anything helps

Thanks again for answering my questions!

1 hour ago, Uncontrollableabyss said:

After testing a bit more, the device transfer does happen. It doesn't always happen.

Example: Two rubber suit strikers attack, calm spell one while the other hits PC. Gloves and boots are equipped, but not catsuit or mask. Second striker begins attacking PC. Gloves are replaced but nothing else. Second strikers mask is equipped but still no catsuit. PC has no body slot device equipped. Eventually punishment event happens and armbinder is equipped.

It does work just not always. Not sure if this is just SE related. No issues in the LE install of this. I'll try to mess with my mcm settings to see if anything helps

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Lets see if the new update may fix your problem, cause i changed how some stuff works and so far i had no such issues while testing. So you could look forward to when it comes out. Sadly i cant really tell when it will, since i am developing a whole game on the side and thats just a lot of developing at once, but i am still on it..

4 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

Lets see if the new update may fix your problem, cause i changed how some stuff works and so far i had no such issues while testing. So you could look forward to when it comes out. Sadly i cant really tell when it will, since i am developing a whole game on the side and thats just a lot of developing at once, but i am still on it..

Thanks for the update. No worries about the release date, do what you gotta do. Good luck with your game! Hope it does well!
?

My strikers have rediculous health. Granted, I always play as level 100 (simplest way to get an "unleveled" experience), but "NSC gaining health per level" is turned off, and the Strikers themselves are level ~20 anyhow, but with >600 hit points. Any idea what might cause that?

10 hours ago, Siudhne said:

My strikers have rediculous health. Granted, I always play as level 100 (simplest way to get an "unleveled" experience), but "NSC gaining health per level" is turned off, and the Strikers themselves are level ~20 anyhow, but with >600 hit points. Any idea what might cause that?

If i remember correctly, i was messing around with striker stats trying to create higher leveled versions and even thinking about mini bosses and the likes. I Probably just messed up some of the stats.

Thanks for pointing this out

Edited by Cursed Raccoon
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonder if anyone else has encountered this bug:
the transparent restrictive striker outfit can't be toggled off in the MCM. Assumed it to be a visual bug since I never noticed such an outfit, but now I've encounter a striker with that otufit.

Hello!

First of all. Very good idea of the mod! Thank you!

I've been using this mod for a while now and when I started putting custom armors/clothes, the mod started not to work correctly with putting on devices. For example, everything moves into the character, but if I use custom suit/clothes, It puts everything but the catsuit. If the character gets attacked when being without torso/pants, everything works fine.  Did anyone run into this kind of trouble or know why it happens/how to fix it?

Discovered something fun with this mod in the Overworld.

Strikers that were generated but not killed count as valid targets for the mod's spawning system.

Since my strikers don't replace their target, they accumulate each time you come close to a location but don't visit and clear it!

You can imagine my surprise when I wanted to enter Embershard Mine and got greeted by 5 strikers having joined the two bandits guarding the entrance?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 5:26 PM, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

Strikers that were generated but not killed count as valid targets for the mod's spawning system.

Since my strikers don't replace their target, they accumulate each time you come close to a location but don't visit and clear it!

You can imagine my surprise when I wanted to enter Embershard Mine and got greeted by 5 strikers having joined the two bandits guarding the entrance?

Yeah, I noticed this too. I like it as a feature :)

On 7/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

Wonder if anyone else has encountered this bug:
the transparent restrictive striker outfit can't be toggled off in the MCM. Assumed it to be a visual bug since I never noticed such an outfit, but now I've encounter a striker with that otufit.

have you disable the outfit after the striker spawned? cause this wont work, otherwise i would have to take a look at this bug.

On 7/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, DzonyBravo said:

Hello!

First of all. Very good idea of the mod! Thank you!

I've been using this mod for a while now and when I started putting custom armors/clothes, the mod started not to work correctly with putting on devices. For example, everything moves into the character, but if I use custom suit/clothes, It puts everything but the catsuit. If the character gets attacked when being without torso/pants, everything works fine.  Did anyone run into this kind of trouble or know why it happens/how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

about your problem: could you describe following sentence more detailed:

On 7/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, DzonyBravo said:

For example, everything moves into the character

i have never seen something like this happen, thats why i would like to know as much about it as possible.

And the other question is what custom armor you are using? does the armor/clothes work like devices? and what parts of the armor are affected?

On 7/14/2023 at 5:26 PM, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

8 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

Yeah, I noticed this too. I like it as a feature :)

should i remove it? because this is not intentional, but you guys seem to enjoy it in a way.

13 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

should i remove it? because this is not intentional, but you guys seem to enjoy it in a way.

Might be too much effort in terms of coding but maybe make that an MCM trigger option?
So players can decide if they want that behaviour or not.

Another possible suggestion I have are separate spawn chances for exterior and interior.
Spawn chances that give a good amount of strikers indoors for me result in too many strikers in the overworld, especially since overlord strikers can spawn just by passing by a location. (tbh, I do play with strikers NOT replacing existing enemies)

13 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

have you disable the outfit after the striker spawned? cause this wont work, otherwise i would have to take a look at this bug.

I can click on the trigger in the MCM but it doesn't get deselected. I just assumed it to be a visual bug, but then I encountered that striker outfit. So for whatever reason, I can't disable it at all.
(just edited the transparent outfit via Xedit to something I prefer seeing/being tied up with. So not too bad of a bug for me personallly.)

And I just want to say thank you for this amazing mod!
Can't see myself playing a devious skyrim without those lovely bondage bandits.

15 hours ago, Cursed Raccoon said:

Thanks a lot!

about your problem: could you describe following sentence more detailed:

i have never seen something like this happen, thats why i would like to know as much about it as possible.

And the other question is what custom armor you are using? does the armor/clothes work like devices? and what parts of the armor are affected?

I've tried to run to Devious strikers again to specify on what's going on, so:
For example, Character is with drifter armor (its the same with every custom armor) and after the last hit the character should be "wrapped" but instead gets transfered only boots, gloves, vibrators and sometimes collars. Then I tried to go nude, but it was the same this time. I just don't have much experience in modding, so don't know how else I could help you with the information :D 

PXL_20230803_143533591.jpg

PXL_20230803_144527338.jpg

On 8/3/2023 at 2:54 PM, A.Okita aka Caralis said:

Might be too much effort in terms of coding but maybe make that an MCM trigger option?
So players can decide if they want that behaviour or not.

Well first ofcourse i have to find out where this comes from, but then this not be so hard to add. 

Another possible suggestion I have are separate spawn chances for exterior and interior.
Spawn chances that give a good amount of strikers indoors for me result in too many strikers in the overworld, especially since overlord strikers can spawn just by passing by a location. (tbh, I do play with strikers NOT replacing existing enemies)

i will consider this. thanks for the suggestion.

I can click on the trigger in the MCM but it doesn't get deselected. I just assumed it to be a visual bug, but then I encountered that striker outfit. So for whatever reason, I can't disable it at all.

This problem should already be solved in the new version, because i changed some stuff with the MCM menu. 

And I just want to say thank you for this amazing mod!
Can't see myself playing a devious skyrim without those lovely bondage bandits.

This means so much to me, Thanks!

Edited by Cursed Raccoon
On 8/3/2023 at 4:57 PM, DzonyBravo said:

I've tried to run to Devious strikers again to specify on what's going on, so:
For example, Character is with drifter armor (its the same with every custom armor) and after the last hit the character should be "wrapped" but instead gets transfered only boots, gloves, vibrators and sometimes collars. Then I tried to go nude, but it was the same this time. I just don't have much experience in modding, so don't know how else I could help you with the information :D 

PXL_20230803_143533591.jpg

PXL_20230803_144527338.jpg

This is a really confusing problem you got there. 

Sorry for all the questions but i need the information to pinpoint where this problem comes from, as i am not able to reproduce this issue. 

looking at your screenshots i figure that the devices are marked as equipped in your inventory and just dont appear on your character? 

This could be caused by the custom armor using different slots than regular armor, which means you actually have both equipped but can only see one of them. If you want to see both at the same time you could change this in the DD mcm settings under "Devices Underneath" or something along those lines. Or you could use xEdit to change the slots of your custom armor to the slots normal skyrim is using. 

New Version is up! 

Make sure that you install it very safely like mentioned in the modpage. I changed a lot of fundamental stuff like the whole mcm, some ids, etc. 

please let me know what you think and report any bugs or issues you find along the way. I will do quick hotfix for any major bugs if they show up, but apart from that i will take little break from development once again and just enjoy playing myself. I might also start working on one of the other ideas mod ideas i had in mind for long time now. 

Lets see what the future brings...

hope you enjoy the update!

Edited by Cursed Raccoon

I just came back from a break and read the latest patch notes. The idea of normal bandits running around with devious weapons just makes so much sense and adds to the immersion.  It makes sense for bandits to carry weapons that would allow them to take people alive for use as hostages, prisoners, slaves and entertainment. They could make a lot of gold taking people alive so it feels immersive for them to try to do so.

In terms of game play, this makes the mod more difficult since we may not know who is carrying a devious weapon until it is too late. In the past, I would simply take out the stalkers first as they were easy to spot.  The only way to get a challenge was to increase then number of stalkers to overwhelming numbers but that had a big negative impact on performance/stability.  Now I get have the threat of devious weapons being used at anytime by almost anyone without the performance hit.

Once I get my new computer built I will be enjoying this mod. Thanks!

Hi,

By the Gods, @Cursed Raccoon, what a mightily intriguing update you've shared with us here! Thank you so much!

As SirCrazy said above, the changes make just so much sense! Mind you, not that I didn't enjoy the previous take with the devices-clad strikers running around, but the update makes things even better and more devious. Much appreciated!

Thanks too for removing the striker deathlords. Combined with the issue of strikers spawning on strikers that another poster mentioned previously when the "replace enemies" function was off, that made some dungeons really, *really* tough in my previous game (which lasted for around eight in-game months until a bugged out civil war mod put a stop to it, lol). :D