• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Scootty said:

Would OBIS mess with the spawn rates at all? I've been fiddling and experiencing some absurd numbers of strikers along side the bandits with 40% 1 spawn no replacement I could be unlucky just curious

It could be that DS spawn trigger multiple time. I did encounter that problem sometime and not managable to find out exactly why. 

I've just tried out the mod for the first time and it's really neat! Thank you for making it!

Are strikers supposed to be able to equip items to followers? I have a few followers (using iAFT) and despite the console showing devices being transferred from strikers to the followers, nothing is ever equipped and nothing every shows up in the followers' inventories. Everything seems to work perfectly for the player character though.

1 hour ago, girmrad said:

I've just tried out the mod for the first time and it's really neat! Thank you for making it!

Are strikers supposed to be able to equip items to followers? I have a few followers (using iAFT) and despite the console showing devices being transferred from strikers to the followers, nothing is ever equipped and nothing every shows up in the followers' inventories. Everything seems to work perfectly for the player character though.

I know there's a box you can tick to make it so strikers only attack you, you might have that enabled. It's also possible that your follower framwork might be strict about the outfuits your followers wear. I use Nerthers Follower Framework and it's fine

On 6/26/2022 at 10:48 PM, Scootty said:

Would OBIS mess with the spawn rates at all? I've been fiddling and experiencing some absurd numbers of strikers along side the bandits with 40% 1 spawn no replacement I could be unlucky just curious

On 6/27/2022 at 8:47 AM, hungvipbcsok said:

It could be that DS spawn trigger multiple time. I did encounter that problem sometime and not managable to find out exactly why. 

The spawn system works by checking every actor about different conditions. like if they are part of certain factions etc. which means it should be compatiible with mods like OBIS and if i remember correctly this mod was already mentioned here once before. 

DS spawns only trigger when the player changes cells, which happens quite often in the openworld but i built in a function that remembers the last x amount of actors checked so they wont be processed again. This should prevent a false spawn chance. hence i made a mistake or you truly are unlucky.

1 hour ago, girmrad said:

Just now, Kyra.N said:

The spawn system works by checking every actor about different conditions. like if they are part of certain factions etc. which means it should be compatiible with mods like OBIS and if i remember correctly this mod was already mentioned here once before. 

DS spawns only trigger when the player changes cells, which happens quite often in the openworld but i built in a function that remembers the last x amount of actors checked so they wont be processed again. This should prevent a false spawn chance. hence i made a mistake or you truly are unlucky.

Thanks for liking the mod!

Yes strikers are able to equip items on anyone but for followers you have to enable the MCM option for it to work. Although the mod AFT might cause problems by itself. i used it once and figured out that it has some problems with DD in general so i switched to EFF which handels devices on followers a lot better. that said you have to try with or without AFT and see whether it works, then you know for sure if AFT is causing any problems.

7 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

Decided 10% would be my spawn chance and seems pretty good so far

So I think I'm just unlucky shortly after starting a new game ran past the bandit camp between Falkreath mansion and helgen and after seeing the sheer numbers on my compass I just kept running

Later with some cheeky freecam scouting there had to have been almost a dozen enemies most of which being strikers so I decided to come back later that treasure map ain't worth it

I think that 40% might be a little high for default and especially with replacement turned off 

Just my experience so far I am otherwise enjoying the extra terror of sanic speed enemies threatening me with a good time

I watch your career with great interest

3 hours ago, Scootty said:

Decided 10% would be my spawn chance and seems pretty good so far

So I think I'm just unlucky shortly after starting a new game ran past the bandit camp between Falkreath mansion and helgen and after seeing the sheer numbers on my compass I just kept running

Later with some cheeky freecam scouting there had to have been almost a dozen enemies most of which being strikers so I decided to come back later that treasure map ain't worth it

I think that 40% might be a little high for default and especially with replacement turned off 

Just my experience so far I am otherwise enjoying the extra terror of sanic speed enemies threatening me with a good time

I watch your career with great interest

Well for the not replaced strikers the 40% does seem quite too high. Especially when using OBIS which in itself can increase the amount of bandits you encounter. So this mod and MCM setting configuration is basically doubling up itself.

But if you are having fun with a ton of enemies suprising you then dont mind me ?

This mod has an interesting interaction with the mod More Bandit Camps.  Most of the time when the player gets near one of the camps for the first time you see the message: "Camp XXXXX cleared." and you get the experience points added to your character for clearing the camp.  Usually, the camp is still out of sight.   

I checked this out and what is happening is that when you reach the area of the camp all of the bandits are "killed" and replaced by strikers.  It doesn't affect the game much as you still have baddies at the camp to fight -- you just get the experience points first.

4 hours ago, rjn said:

This mod has an interesting interaction with the mod More Bandit Camps.  Most of the time when the player gets near one of the camps for the first time you see the message: "Camp XXXXX cleared." and you get the experience points added to your character for clearing the camp.  Usually, the camp is still out of sight.   

I checked this out and what is happening is that when you reach the area of the camp all of the bandits are "killed" and replaced by strikers.  It doesn't affect the game much as you still have baddies at the camp to fight -- you just get the experience points first.

hm that is definitely not intended maybe i should remove the step which kills the enemies first before they are replaced.

4 hours ago, rjn said:

Yeah, I noticed that but I thought it was the Law bringer mod somehow marking an area as cleared before mods spawned in. That makes more sense.

18 hours ago, Kyra.N said:

Openworld spawns can get a bit out of control especially if you have the setting to add sritkers instead of replacing enemies. The range of the scan is pretty big and if you don't plan on going into a camp that just spawned strikers, by the next time you come back there will be even more strikers. Fort greymoor comes to mind since I usually run around it and travel around that road quite a bit, but the time you decide to actually get in there it's chock full of strikers.

A setting that might be helpful would be to limit spawning more strikers if there's already an X amount of strikers around. As for my personal solution I just toggled openworld spawns off and have strikers only spawn indoors, since you're not very likely to just go around peeking in caves and leaving over and over.

14 minutes ago, ttpt said:

Openworld spawns can get a bit out of control especially if you have the setting to add sritkers instead of replacing enemies. The range of the scan is pretty big and if you don't plan on going into a camp that just spawned strikers, by the next time you come back there will be even more strikers. Fort greymoor comes to mind since I usually run around it and travel around that road quite a bit, but the time you decide to actually get in there it's chock full of strikers.

A setting that might be helpful would be to limit spawning more strikers if there's already an X amount of strikers around. As for my personal solution I just toggled openworld spawns off and have strikers only spawn indoors, since you're not very likely to just go around peeking in caves and leaving over and over.

I did notice that and had to disable Devious Strikers as I was getting ctds from the sheer number of enemies

Hey, 

Pretty funny idea ?

Can I suggest though having the strikers devices unequip as they equip it onto you as to free the striker from the restraints and equip their original armors instead of disappearing into oblivion.
IDK but it seems like it would make more sense.

15 hours ago, lucakro said:

Hey, 

Pretty funny idea ?

Can I suggest though having the strikers devices unequip as they equip it onto you as to free the striker from the restraints and equip their original armors instead of disappearing into oblivion.

I think there is option to unlock striker's devices in the MCM, but it forces the striker to pause their attack, which is not very nice.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:30 PM, ttpt said:

It makes sense to disable spawns after x amount of strikers exist, though this could somewhen stop the spawns if you leave strikers chilling somewehere in peace. And having an active search is obviously performance heavy. 

That is why i have added the option to disable overworld spawns.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:45 PM, Farsh-nuke said:

I did notice that and had to disable Devious Strikers as I was getting ctds from the sheer number of enemies

Hmm yeah these spawns are quite performance heavy indeed i might need to find a solution for this.

23 hours ago, lucakro said:

Hey, 

Pretty funny idea ?

Well this was actually how the mod worked right after its release, but i changed the default settings to not unequip because the script works a lot better that way. that is why i added it as an option to the mcm just like @notwavman said:

7 hours ago, notwavman said:

I think there is option to unlock striker's devices in the MCM, but it forces the striker to pause their attack, which is not very nice.

This is sadly caused by Skyrim itself and there isnt much i can do about it.

Edited by Kyra.N
1 hour ago, Kyra.N said:

It makes sense to disable spawns after x amount of strikers exist, though this could somewhen stop the spawns if you leave strikers chilling somewehere in peace. And having an active search is obviously performance heavy. 

Perhaps an option to instakill devious strikers once you leave the spawning range?