Nicely nicely. Also I'm thinking I need to fix tocatta when it comes to devious devices. I love her and she's great for training slaves but she always has weird legs when the devious boots are put on. She's one of the bijin ladies (a follower/replacer for Elisif) so I think it's probably a common enough problem that there's a fix out there that I just don't know about lol

To be clear I do think your mod is great. 

On 12/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, Farsh-nuke said:

Nicely nicely. Also I'm thinking I need to fix tocatta when it comes to devious devices. I love her and she's great for training slaves but she always has weird legs when the devious boots are put on. She's one of the bijin ladies (a follower/replacer for Elisif) so I think it's probably a common enough problem that there's a fix out there that I just don't know about lol

To be clear I do think your mod is great. 

Thanks, awesome to hear!

On 12/4/2021 at 9:18 PM, CrymH said:

Sorry for your troubles, sadly i dont have the slightest idea why this issue occurs. Good thing, i have already added mcm options to reset the MCM and the whole mod, thanks to @Hylysi for the functions. 

If you dont want to wait until the new update, we have to do some bug searching, which means i need more informations. 

No need to engage in efforts trying to handle the specific problem that leads to issues for me, given the type of problem I'd imagine it would be very difficult to track down (that was also why I didn't add more information first, it was more meant as a feature request than a bug report; I'm well aware you'd need a lot more information to track a problem like this down than what I initially provided).

I have no idea why the problem occurs, but if a reset button or similar turns out to provide a simple fix then basically that's really all I need to solve the problem, for all practical purposes.

Came back to play-testing this. It has come a long way since 0.1 beta, I really like it.

Found some issues - mostly incompatibility with Cursed Loot.

I've disabled the force-swap of items, because my PC wears some DCL quest items. This works fine.

But when I use a Devious Weapon that transfers my items to some NPC, there's no check for quest-items. The dagger happily un-equipped a Slave Collar, some High Security restraints, stuff like The Veil that need special keys etc. Worst experience were the Shock Boots, which got unequipped, but the shock effect for running lingered on. I had to find the right dead NPC, re-equip the boots and properly unlock them with a Leg Restraint Key.

Maybe you should add a warning on the main page.

One thing I don't understand is the "tranfer all" punishing option at 15% health. When you're not using a defeat mod, you're dead.

45 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Came back to play-testing this. It has come a long way since 0.1 beta, I really like it.

I've disabled the force-swap of items, because my PC wears some DCL quest items. This works fine.

But when I use a Devious Weapon that transfers my items to some NPC, there's no check for quest-items. The dagger happily un-equipped a Slave Collar, some High Security restraints, stuff like The Veil that need special keys etc. Worst experience were the Shock Boots, which got unequipped, but the shock effect for running lingered on. I had to find the right dead NPC, re-equip the boots and properly unlock them with a Leg Restraint Key.

One thing I don't understand is the "tranfer all" punishing option at 15% health. When you're not using a defeat mod, you're dead.

There's literally a vanilla restoration perk that revives you if you die but yeah deviously cursed loot is known for how incompatible it is. It's like on the one hand Devious Devices are a great ecosystem as so many mods use them but on the other hand so many are incompatible with each other.

Do the strikers have to be wearing something to transfer in the first place? I mean, I think if there was some perverted npc out there with a spell that just zaps on a magic restraint to a target they would just go with that spell as a weapon no need to be wearing something first. There was a mod on here some years ago that had these invisible women wearing cat suits and they would hit the player with a giant paddle or some kind of bdsm thing and the player would get restrained and stuck with a quest to go get unlocked at this certain mansion near whiterun. The mod was loaded full of bugs but those invisible women were hot and always hiding in the same places here and there so if you could get good enough and spotting them you could console kill them or just kill them faster than they could hit you first.

So when you say strikers I think of something like that where they are invisible and just waiting to ambush you with a giant bdsm SPANK paddle that zaps one DCL item at a time per hit AND casts a spell as a projectile which does the same thing or maybe the spell increases arousal... oh hell yeah a spell as a weapon that increases arousal a horny attack spell:-) This way your custom npcs have something else to hit the player with while trying to attack with their primary weapon. You know what happens when arousal gets too high in DCL right? The player will equip devices on themselves because they can't stand it anymore. Also it triggers other DCL things like trapped containers and so on.

Edited by Zor2k13
On 12/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, BYJE137 said:

No need to engage in efforts trying to handle the specific problem that leads to issues for me, given the type of problem I'd imagine it would be very difficult to track down (that was also why I didn't add more information first, it was more meant as a feature request than a bug report; I'm well aware you'd need a lot more information to track a problem like this down than what I initially provided).

I have no idea why the problem occurs, but if a reset button or similar turns out to provide a simple fix then basically that's really all I need to solve the problem, for all practical purposes.

We can only hope that the reset button will fix your problem. If it persists, i think it would be worth fixing because it is game breaking. 

On 12/9/2021 at 6:59 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

About your first problem: 

The script does take in account whether the transfer item has the quest keyword attached to it, technically it should be working correctly. 

About the second concern:

If you you are struck with a transfer weapon, you will be set to essential for a couple of seconds. Therefore you do not die without any defeat mod. Also the setting exists so you can crank it up to 100% or lower if you want to, this basically turns every single hit into a punish event. 

Good to hear that i made improvements since the start. Thanks!

Edited by CrymH
On 12/10/2021 at 4:27 AM, Zor2k13 said:

Do the strikers have to be wearing something to transfer in the first place? I mean, I think if there was some perverted npc out there with a spell that just zaps on a magic restraint to a target they would just go with that spell as a weapon no need to be wearing something first. There was a mod on here some years ago that had these invisible women wearing cat suits and they would hit the player with a giant paddle or some kind of bdsm thing and the player would get restrained and stuck with a quest to go get unlocked at this certain mansion near whiterun. The mod was loaded full of bugs but those invisible women were hot and always hiding in the same places here and there so if you could get good enough and spotting them you could console kill them or just kill them faster than they could hit you first.

So when you say strikers I think of something like that where they are invisible and just waiting to ambush you with a giant bdsm SPANK paddle that zaps one DCL item at a time per hit AND casts a spell as a projectile which does the same thing or maybe the spell increases arousal... oh hell yeah a spell as a weapon that increases arousal a horny attack spell:-) This way your custom npcs have something else to hit the player with while trying to attack with their primary weapon. You know what happens when arousal gets too high in DCL right? The player will equip devices on themselves because they can't stand it anymore. Also it triggers other DCL things like trapped containers and so on.

Yes this would indeed be possible, maybe even simpler and easier than the current method. And yes i have thought about adding this. And yes it currently is on the list of to do stuff. 

But i would probably not be using a paddle of some kind and for the beginning of this feature i prefere to only have DD as a required mod for devices. But as time goes on i will most likely integrate DCL in one or many different ways. Invisible and sneaky strikers have already been recommended before, so it is also very likely that i will add this too.

As I was playing around, I've got this idea - what about heavy punishment? For now it's tied to health only, right? How about making it tied to the number of devices present before start of Transfer-All event? And maybe make it with some percentage chance of happening, more devices worn before Transfer-All - more chance to get punishing device. Naturally, it's important to make this chance to be adjustable via MCM.

Hello!

I'm having a bit of a problem with this mod... The striker spawn nicely, they have weapon and devices but I don't know why they can't transfer device on me. Whenver they hit me I have the red effect on me but nothing is happening.

Even when the mod is warning me to not get striked again I just drop on the knee and get up a couple of second later with no device on me. I've disabled every mod of my modlist other than the depedencies and still nothing

I also cleaned up the save using Fallrim.

I don't even know what to try now ha ha

Edit: I reinstalled the whole Skyrim setup and now it works. I don't know why but it does! And the mod is amazing!

Edited by Raiji56
2 minutes ago, Raiji56 said:

Hello!

I'm having a bit of a problem with this mod... The striker spawn nicely, they have weapon and devices but I don't know why they can't transfer device on me. Whenver they hit me I have the red effect on me but nothing is happening.

Even when the mod is warning me to not get striked again I just drop on the knee and get up a couple of second later with no device on me. I've disabled every mod of my modlist other than the depedencies and still nothing

Check you actually have devious devices enabled to be transferred

8 minutes ago, Raiji56 said:

They are all checked by default except for "Custom" and "Random Devices"

I've also clicked on the confirm settings

What are your active effects like? It's possible you have a spell stopping them spawning on you? Maybe post a papyrus log

On 12/13/2021 at 5:11 AM, Raiji56 said:

Hello!

Edit: I reinstalled the whole Skyrim setup and now it works. I don't know why but it does! And the mod is amazing!

Awesome to hear that your problem has been resolved! Thanks for liking the mod.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, notwavman said:

As I was playing around, I've got this idea - what about heavy punishment? For now it's tied to health only, right? How about making it tied to the number of devices present before start of Transfer-All event? And maybe make it with some percentage chance of happening, more devices worn before Transfer-All - more chance to get punishing device. Naturally, it's important to make this chance to be adjustable via MCM.

Wow a really intriguing and complex idea (maybe). I have put it on the list. ?

For consideration for future changes:

- Create variation of weapons and spells that do not require the user to wear devious devices in order "transfer" devious devices. Rather than transfer, a random device or devices will be applied to the target. Then... these weapons and skills can be distributed to enemies via SPID

- Create way for non aggressive NPCs to apply devious devices to PC. Kind of a surprise where NPC catches PC off guard. Perhaps a special whip that transfers devious devices. The next band of traveling pilgrims could have one in the midst that can use whip (or any other means) to apply DD. I can see a great opportunity for NPCs on the road to become a lot more devious.

- Each time a devious striker is killed give a chance for a hunting party to be sent to teach the PC a lesson. The hunting party should be difficult to defeat

22 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

- Create variation of weapons and spells that do not require the user to wear devious devices in order "transfer" devious devices. Rather than transfer, a random device or devices will be applied to the target. Then... these weapons and skills can be distributed to enemies via SPID

- Create way for non aggressive NPCs to apply devious devices to PC. Kind of a surprise where NPC catches PC off guard. Perhaps a special whip that transfers devious devices. The next band of traveling pilgrims could have one in the midst that can use whip (or any other means) to apply DD. I can see a great opportunity for NPCs on the road to become a lot more devious.

- Each time a devious striker is killed give a chance for a hunting party to be sent to teach the PC a lesson. The hunting party should be difficult to defeat

I do like the idea that the reward at the end of the quest line is a weapon that can infinitely (or as long as the enchanted weapon has charge) dispense devious devices.

It would also be nice if there were some strikers that were tied to a quest with consequences for killing them. Like Devious Thugs. Perhaps they could sell you into Simple Slavery (or just tie you up in the middle of nowhere for an ingame day if simple slavery is not installed/activated)

I think friendly devious strikers is outside the spirit of this mod (unless they are specifically a friendly npc from the questline of this mod) That said you could have an option to spawn Devious Striker weapons on random spawn npcs that aren't enemies.

I was having an issue with Devious Strikers not spawning. I went through all the confirmation of Strikers and Devices. 

I looked through the code and found the culprit and wanted to share with others that may have similar issue.

I am using Sexlab Survival. In config, I am using the Misogyny option that reduces stats for females. I saw that code checks scanned actor having full health. To double check, I turned off option (removed status debuff) and entered new cell. Presto! Strikers spawned successfully.

23 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Some of these suggestions are already on the list in someway, but will still note them down.

23 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I do like the idea that the reward at the end of the quest line is a weapon that can infinitely (or as long as the enchanted weapon has charge) dispense devious devices.

DCL has a weapon that does this. I think it is called dollmaker.

It would also be nice if there were some strikers that were tied to a quest with consequences for killing them. Like Devious Thugs. Perhaps they could sell you into Simple Slavery (or just tie you up in the middle of nowhere for an ingame day if simple slavery is not installed/activated)

Very nice idea, but the player would need a way to solve their conflicts without too harsh consequences, though this might require some hard work for the player to be done before hand or afterwards.

I think friendly devious strikers is outside the spirit of this mod (unless they are specifically a friendly npc from the questline of this mod) That said you could have an option to spawn Devious Striker weapons on random spawn npcs that aren't enemies.

Another idea that is already sleeping on the list. 

17 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

I was having an issue with Devious Strikers not spawning. I went through all the confirmation of Strikers and Devices. 

I looked through the code and found the culprit and wanted to share with others that may have similar issue.

I am using Sexlab Survival. In config, I am using the Misogyny option that reduces stats for females. I saw that code checks scanned actor having full health. To double check, I turned off option (removed status debuff) and entered new cell. Presto! Strikers spawned successfully.

Quick question, on what way does the mod reduce health? does it decrease the maximum or does it damage the health permanantly or is it something different?

14 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Quick question, on what way does the mod reduce health? does it decrease the maximum or does it damage the health permanantly or is it something different?

It uses a perk (Inequality I believe) that reduces health by an MCM configurable amount. ALL females are affected. The PC and all female NPCs. The buff is permanent. If you look at PC or NPC status bar it will show 60/100 if MCM had 40 debuff as an example. 

19 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

It uses a perk (Inequality I believe) that reduces health by an MCM configurable amount. ALL females are affected. The PC and all female NPCs. The buff is permanent. If you look at PC or NPC status bar it will show 60/100 if MCM had 40 debuff as an example. 

Thanks for the info, it might be possible that this is another minor incompatibility. 

21 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Just as extra information about this feature of SL Survival, the perk is applied to the race records and can be edited/removed via CK/xedit. Can be needed for custom races.

Edited by AshitakaOkita