DoubleCheeseburger's xVASynth Based Mod Voicification Thread

1 hour ago, Zagrus the old said:

Is there a chance for an alternative to Mega, that 5 hours wait is ridiculous, nothing against you of course, loving the mod, but i can't download the big ones.

Get the "MEGA Desktop App" and it will manage the download and resume next time you connect. 

Just a hint for getting the big files from Mega. 

22 hours ago, safado said:

Get the "MEGA Desktop App" and it will manage the download and resume next time you connect. 

Just a hint for getting the big files from Mega. 

hey i just wanted to say that i did download the MEGA Desktop App, but i did something special, using the free version of  protonVPN i managed to change my IP and i got the larger files downloaded in a few minutes.

For anyone playing VR, Since there is that pesky 254 active plugin limit, you can add the bsa to the skyrim.ini in your SkyrimVR folder (the place where the exe is located). This helps because you can now remove those empty plugins that are used to activate the bsa.

Edit: Be sure the esp is an empty plugin before deleting. Sexlab ABBA voice.esp is one that is not empty. You can check by loading the plugin into xEdit.

add it to archives like so...

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Sexist Guards_Voice.bsa, Sexist Guards_Voice0.bsa, Sexist Guards_Voice00.bsa, sr_FillHerUp_Voices1.bsa, ZaZAnimationPack_Voice.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa

Edit: Nevermind this. It doesn;t seem to work like this anymore. I added more voice packs to my ini, ones that normally play more often, and I'm not hearing anything and I noticed the words disappearing fast. I'm still fairly new to skyrim modding stuff, this is just another thing that has changed from oblivion.

Edited by Fienyx
13 hours ago, Fienyx said:

For anyone playing VR, Since there is that pesky 254 active plugin limit, you can add the bsa to the skyrim.ini in your SkyrimVR folder (the place where the exe is located). This helps because you can now remove those empty plugins that are used to activate the bsa.

Edit: Be sure the esp is an empty plugin before deleting. Sexlab ABBA voice.esp is one that is not empty. You can check by loading the plugin into xEdit.

add it to archives like so...

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Sexist Guards_Voice.bsa, Sexist Guards_Voice0.bsa, Sexist Guards_Voice00.bsa, sr_FillHerUp_Voices1.bsa, ZaZAnimationPack_Voice.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa

This is really, really, really, really helpful.  I was merging them with zmerge to reduce the .esl count for all voice packs to one .esp. HOWEVER... this meant that the merged voice plugin was larger than the 2gb limit for BSAs and created a unbearably long loading time on first boot up.  Sounds like I have something new to do before I can play more...

Any tips on how to identify which voice packs plugins are not empty? This might be important information for the mod authors to include.

39 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

Any tips on how to identify which voice packs plugins are not empty? This might be important information for the mod authors to include.

Quite simple: you only see the file header when opening the plugin with xEdit.

Here's an example of another mod I've packed for faster loading:

image.png.903647a77a7bb1546b174e2e6dc1ffaa.png

Well, shit.... see my above post.

Ok, well, since that didn't work and I really didn't want to lose 21 slots to empty plugins, I looked through the mods that I downloaded voice files for. All loose file voice downloads I compressed to bsa, saves on the load times.

These bsa files can be renamed to match the mod they voice as the mods don't already have a bsa.

CHANGED NAME TO MATCH ESP - 19 slots saved
JailRape Voices.bsa to JailRape.bsa
ZaZAnimationPack_Voice.bsa to ZaZAnimationPack.bsa
sr_FillHerUp_Voices1.bsa to sr_FillHerUp.bsa
Sexlab Approach Voices.bsa to SexLab Approach.bsa
Spank That Ass Voices.bsa to Spank That Ass.bsa
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution Voices.bsa to SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.bsa
Body Search Voisce.bsa to BodySearch.bsa
SL Defeat Baka Voices.bsa to SexLabDefeat.bsa
SLDrunkRedux Voices.bsa to SLDrunkRedux.bsa
Naked Defeat_Voice.bsa to Naked Defeat.bsa
Public Whore_Voices1.bsa to Public Whore.bsa

Immersive Hair Growth and Styling Voice.bsa to yps-ImmersivePiercing.bsa

Naked Dungeons.bsa --- i think this was default for the voice

kal_LolaAddon_Voice1.bsa to kal_LolaAddon.bsa

sanguinesDebauchery_voice.bsa to sanguinesDebauchery.bsa

SLUTS_Voice.bsa to SLUTS.bsa

Devious Cidhna.bsa --- also default for the voice pack

SexualPersuasion_Voice.bsa to SexualPersuasion.bsa

SL Survival.bsa -- these were all loose files, it contains some files for Skyrim.esm, I left those as loose files and compressed the voice files for SL Survival only

These mods either have a bsa, or the voice files are too big for a single bsa, which requires plugins either way then. - 17 plugins for 12 mods

DAYMOYL-Voices.bsa

SLSFF Comments 3-01 Voices 00.bsa
SLSFF Comments 3-01 Voices 01.bsa

MF_SpectatorCrowds_Voices1.bsa

Babo Dialogue Voicse 00.bsa
Babo Dialogue Voicse 01.bsa

Sexist Guards_Voice.bsa
Sexist Guards_Voice0.bsa
Sexist Guards_Voice00.bsa

PrisonOverhaulPatched Voices.bsa

hydra_slavegirls voices.bsa

SexLabStories_SE_Voice.bsa

SexLab-StoriesDevious_Voice.bsa

Devious Devices - Integration_Voice.bsa

submissivelola voices 00.bsa

submissivelola voices 01.bsa

Slaves of Tamriel_VoicePatch.bsa

Edited by Fienyx
12 hours ago, Fienyx said:

Well, shit.... see my above post.

Ok, well, since that didn't work and I really didn't want to lose 21 slots to empty plugins, I looked through the mods that I downloaded voice files for. All loose file voice downloads I compressed to bsa, saves on the load times.

These bsa files can be renamed to match the mod they voice as the mods don't already have a bsa.

CHANGED NAME TO MATCH ESP - 18 slots saved
JailRape Voices.bsa to JailRape.bsa
ZaZAnimationPack_Voice.bsa to ZaZAnimationPack.bsa
sr_FillHerUp_Voices1.bsa to sr_FillHerUp.bsa
Sexlab Approach Voices.bsa to Sexlab Approach.bsa
Spank That Ass Voices.bsa to Spank That Ass.bsa
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution Voices.bsa to SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.bsa
Body Search Voisce.bsa to BodySearch.bsa
SL Defeat Baka Voices.bsa to SexLabDefeat.bsa
SLDrunkRedux Voices.bsa to SLDrunkRedux.bsa
Naked Defeat_Voice.bsa to Naked Defeat.bsa
Public Whore_Voices1.bsa to Public Whore.bsa

Immersive Hair Growth and Styling Voice.bsa to yps-ImmersivePiercing.bsa

Naked Dungeons.bsa --- i think this was default for the voice

kal_LolaAddon_Voice1.bsa to kal_LolaAddon.bsa

sanguinesDebauchery_voice.bsa to sanguinesDebauchery.bsa

SLUTS_Voice.bsa to SLUTS.bsa

Devious Cidhna.bsa --- also default for the voice pack

SexualPersuasion_Voice.bsa to SexualPersuasion.bsa

These mods either have a bsa, or the voice files are too big for a single bsa, which requires plugins either way then. - 17 plugins for 12 mods

DAYMOYL-Voices.bsa

SLSFF Comments 3-01 Voices 00.bsa
SLSFF Comments 3-01 Voices 01.bsa

MF_SpectatorCrowds_Voices1.bsa

Babo Dialogue Voicse 00.bsa
Babo Dialogue Voicse 01.bsa

Sexist Guards_Voice.bsa
Sexist Guards_Voice0.bsa
Sexist Guards_Voice00.bsa

PrisonOverhaulPatched Voices.bsa

hydra_slavegirls voices.bsa

SexLabStories_SE_Voice.bsa

SexLab-StoriesDevious_Voice.bsa

Devious Devices - Integration_Voice.bsa

submissivelola voices 00.bsa

submissivelola voices 01.bsa

Slaves of Tamriel_VoicePatch.bsa

I wish I waited a bit before nuking my merged patches.  They take hours to make with the unknown gbs of voice packs. ? It seems like some of the voice packs worked using your previous method but others didn't.  I did a small dive and read that perhaps this is a limit of loading BSA Archives through the ini:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5132-bsa-load-from-plugin-ini-files/

Before spending a whole day trying to re-merge the voice packs, (fml) I think I will try the renaming technique you mention above.  I will also try the renaming technique proposed in the afkmods thread to reduce the character limit ie (a.bsa, b.bsa, etc..)

I'll report back...

13 hours ago, Fienyx said:

Nice. Hopefully that works.

Pretty sure I exceeded that 512 character limit in the lists, lol.

Yeah it worked.  Thank Julianos! I now don't have to rebuild those massive zmerged voice packs, have faster loading times, and don't have to scowl every time I see your username. ?

So I have done the following:

I have used CAO to create a BSA for any loose voice packs where the original mod was either loose or had no BSA.

A few side notes here:

1 - It might be possible to unpack a mod's BSA, manually add the voice files, and then repack the BSA (side side note: I have not does this and cannot attest to it's functionality)

2 - Some mods might not like having a BSA loading after the base mod.  For example... SexLab Survival has no BSA, but the MCM disappeared (even after having previously been there) when there as a new "same as mod name" BSA loaded after the original mod's loose files.

3 - However, several mods, like you had listed above, do not have this problem. ie. Horrible Harassment, Drunk Redux, etc. all work fine with a "same name as mod" bsa

When there was a voice pack with multiple BSAs, I was successful when truncating the BSA filename to help fit within the .ini line limit.

For example Slaverun has 8 voice packs.  I renamed them SR1.bsa, SR2.bsa, etc within the voicepack mods and within the .ini sResourceArchiveList

This got me within the 512 character limit while also not needing the .esl plugins that SkyrimVR still counts toward the total plugin limit.

I have these voice packs installed on the left plane (making the .bsa available to preload through the .ini) and I unchecked the .esl plugin on the right plane of MO2

Lastly, some of the voice packs have made modifications to the original mods.  I understand these as mostly edits to have characters use voices that are available for VAxsynth or clarify voice type to actors that didn't have them.   These plugins need to be activated in MO2 to work.  I have noticed in @executaball's packs they are labeled voice_patch.  I had three of these (simple slavery, Slaverun, and SoT).  These types can all be zmerged into one mod or added to other zmerged patches to further reduce plugin count for VR.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

2 - Some mods might not like having a BSA loading after the base mod.  For example... SexLab Survival has no BSA, but the MCM disappeared (even after having previously been there) when there as a new "same as mod name" BSA loaded after the original mod's loose files.

I have SL Survival with the MCM no issues. Named my bsa SL Survival.bsa, the only loose files I have left from the original download were the ones in sound/voice/skyrim.esm. Those did not get put into my bsa.

The files from sound/voice/sl survival.esp I compressed to a bsa, then deleted from the folders.

Edit: For SS++, I have the bsa loaded by the skyrim.ini as SSPP.bsa. The voice patch plugin can be merged into the bashed patch. Working good.

Edited by Fienyx

@DoubleCheeseburger Is there a reason why the output path is hardcoded into the csv?

I'm not sure why that was added. It used to just honor the path I set in SKVA Synth. Now it doesn't and I have to edit the script every time.

It'd be nice to popup a box or something asking for a location. This is really annoying when used with MO2 if I want separate mod folders for each mod.

Edited by Beef Cheeks
4 hours ago, Beef Cheeks said:

@DoubleCheeseburger Is there a reason why the output path is hardcoded into the csv?

I'm not sure why that was added. It used to just honor the path I set in SKVA Synth. Now it doesn't and I have to edit the script every time.

It'd be nice to popup a box or something asking for a location. This is really annoying when used with MO2 if I want separate mod folders for each mod.

Yes, this is to get rid of the tedious process of creating folders manually (sound/Voice/<Plugin Name>) that is getting old really quick when you do many mods.

Also, some mods change vanilla dialogues, so it's important to place such files into sound/Voice/Skyrim.esm. The script is able to recognize such lines and creates all the necessary directories for you.

And since xVASynth struggles with the recursive directory creation I had to put this job on my script.

What you could do (and it's what I do actually) is to have some constant generic output path like "D:\MO2\Mods\Voice Files" and rename "Voice Files" mod to the actual name in the very end of the voice generation. The next time you run xEdit script the "Voice Files" mod will be created again automatically and you can repeat the process.

And yes, having some kind of UI would help. But honestly I think the flow described above pretty convinient, it's just not so obvious. So I'm not in a rush for UI.

12 hours ago, DoubleCheeseburger said:

Yes, this is to get rid of the tedious process of creating folders manually (sound/Voice/<Plugin Name>) that is getting old really quick when you do many mods.

Also, some mods change vanilla dialogues, so it's important to place such files into sound/Voice/Skyrim.esm. The script is able to recognize such lines and creates all the necessary directories for you.

And since xVASynth struggles with the recursive directory creation I had to put this job on my script.

What you could do (and it's what I do actually) is to have some constant generic output path like "D:\MO2\Mods\Voice Files" and rename "Voice Files" mod to the actual name in the very end of the voice generation. The next time you run xEdit script the "Voice Files" mod will be created again automatically and you can repeat the process.

And yes, having some kind of UI would help. But honestly I think the flow described above pretty convinient, it's just not so obvious. So I'm not in a rush for UI.

I found the recursive directory creation issue myself, but xVASynth actually seems to be able to create the out_path's listed in the csv fine as long as the directory exists for the output path listed in the xVASynth UI. I tested this since I actually manually edited the csv files, and the folders weren't made.

So I set the file paths in the csv's to 'D:\PC Games\MO2-Data\overwrite\sound\Voice\name.esp\blah.wav', and set the directory in the xVASynth UI to 'D:\PC Games\MO2-Data\overwrite'. Honestly any folder will work in xVASynth as long as it exists, and xVASynth won't use it. xVASynth creates the directories listed in the csv just fine, using the csv location by default.

It seems to be a bug with folder checks when the folder in the xVASynth UI does not exist. I've already mentioned this to the xVASynth developer, so hopefully he will take a look. It would be better to have the program fixed than try and make a workaround, I say. :P

But honestly, after this testing, it does seem faster with your changes after I found what the real problem was.

Edited by Beef Cheeks

So BakaFactory, has a mod called Babo Follower Framework that adds custom quests to 15 followers whose appearances can be customized by other follower mods. For example, there are thousands of follower mods on Nexus that's nothing more than a pretty doll with no personality, quest or story. You just go to Sleeping Giant and they're ready to follow you to the death.

This mod allows you to give that follower custom quests and personalities with some SL adult flavors as well. I think it deserve to have a voice pack made for it, but sadly it seems to be only on his Patreon

Maybe you can contact factory and ask him for the files so you can make a voice pack for his mod? I think he would gladly lend you a hand with that

https://www.patreon.com/posts/babo-follower-2-53258595

9 hours ago, asianboy345 said:

So BakaFactory, has a mod called Babo Follower Framework that adds custom quests to 15 followers whose appearances can be customized by other follower mods. For example, there are thousands of follower mods on Nexus that's nothing more than a pretty doll with no personality, quest or story. You just go to Sleeping Giant and they're ready to follow you to the death.

This mod allows you to give that follower custom quests and personalities with some SL adult flavors as well. I think it deserve to have a voice pack made for it, but sadly it seems to be only on his Patreon

Maybe you can contact factory and ask him for the files so you can make a voice pack for his mod? I think he would gladly lend you a hand with that

https://www.patreon.com/posts/babo-follower-2-53258595

In my opinion I would not do it until the mod is posted here on LL. Just my 2 cents.

I noticed that on a page linking to the voice downloads it said some are compatible with LE. I just wanted to make sure so if anyone could let me know I'd greatly appreciate it. 

• TDF Prostution
  • Relationship Dialog & Unique voices
  • Sexlab Approach
  • Sexlab Defeat
  • Sisterhood of Dibella
  • Sexlab Solutions
  • Sexlab Romance

For Sexlab defeat I noticed that it said it was for the Baka edition however, it said it was also good for the original edition. I was wondering if this as well as the other voice packs were okay to install for LE, or if I needed to do any extra steps, or if it's not compatible with LE. Again, any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by Nazguli Tyvek

Thanks for all those great works DoubleCheeseburger. you are amazing !

I wonder if you have a plan to update Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo 5.0 to 7.0.4 and SexLab Horrible Harassment expansion 3.44 to 3.66

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6217-sexlab-horrible-harassment-expansion-lese/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/17325-radiant-prostitution-gigolo-se/

Just curious so. even if you don't have any plan for them, still appreciate! thank you !

On 12/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, Nazguli Tyvek said:

I noticed that on a page linking to the voice downloads it said some are compatible with LE. I just wanted to make sure so if anyone could let me know I'd greatly appreciate it. 

• TDF Prostution
  • Relationship Dialog & Unique voices
  • Sexlab Approach
  • Sexlab Defeat
  • Sisterhood of Dibella
  • Sexlab Solutions
  • Sexlab Romance

For Sexlab defeat I noticed that it said it was for the Baka edition however, it said it was also good for the original edition. I was wondering if this as well as the other voice packs were okay to install for LE, or if I needed to do any extra steps, or if it's not compatible with LE. Again, any help would be appreciated. 

Loose files can be used by SE and LE. You don't need to do anything.

If you want to use a .bsa voice file in LE, see the second post in my list (link in my signature). It includes more details and info.

There are two types of SL Defeat voice packs: a loose files download and a .bsa download. If you're on LE, you can just use the loose files.

This is off topic, but I am wondering if any of you experts with xVASynth can help me figure out how to get rid of the "buzz" that is present with so many of these voices.  FemaleYoungEager and MaleOldKindly both seem to work pretty flawlessly, but most if not all the others have issues and crDragon is nearly impossible to clean up. 

I use Audacity on the voices and can get rid of all the buzz with Effects-Noise Reduction, but to get rid of the buzz completely leaves the voice sounding "hollow".

Is there something you guys do with the xml files or something or is there an Audacity technique you use to fix this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been busy December for me (classic, though),

But I'm as free as a bird now for a while, so will be posting updates and some new voice packs maybe during the following days.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:17 AM, stormrush said:

Thanks for all those great works DoubleCheeseburger. you are amazing !

I wonder if you have a plan to update Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo 5.0 to 7.0.4 and SexLab Horrible Harassment expansion 3.44 to 3.66

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6217-sexlab-horrible-harassment-expansion-lese/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/17325-radiant-prostitution-gigolo-se/

Just curious so. even if you don't have any plan for them, still appreciate! thank you !

Yes, will update.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:51 PM, thomastm said:

Also work with Skyrim LE right?

Yes, should be working just fine, though it's recommended to pack loose files into a BSA archive for better start up times.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:02 AM, VahzahVulom said:

hi @DoubleCheeseburger great work so far I was wondering if an update for Sexlab confabulation with Brynjolf was in the works. I hope so, but thanks anyway.

Will do soon.