DoubleCheeseburger's xVASynth Based Mod Voicification Thread

9 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Installed doublecheeseburger's Fame, Romance, Spank That Ass and judge007's DrunkRedux, super awesome, but those loose files added ~40sec. if not more of loading time to my SSD, damn... :/

Anyway, this xVASynth stuff is truly amazing. Thanks !

Are any of DoubleCheesburgers packs in Loose File format.

You can get rid of that lag by packing the sound files in a BSA archive with a dummy plugin

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Installed doublecheeseburger's Fame, Romance, Spank That Ass and judge007's DrunkRedux, super awesome, but those loose files added ~40sec. if not more of loading time to my SSD, damn... :/

Anyway, this xVASynth stuff is truly amazing. Thanks !

If you pack to a BSA, even on an SSD it should be quicker.

EDIT: lol I didn't see judge007's post above. My bad.

Edited by XenoDrake
21 hours ago, judge007 said:

Are any of DoubleCheesburgers packs in Loose File format.

You can get rid of that lag by packing the sound files in a BSA archive with a dummy plugin

19 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

If you pack to a BSA, even on an SSD it should be quicker.

EDIT: lol I didn't see judge007's post above. My bad.

Jesus Christ monkey balls ! It works, thanks.

Thought maybe there's a reason if authors made some voice packs in loose and some in bsa format...

27 minutes ago, Executaball said:

There is no difference between SE and LE for .fuz, .lip, or .wav files.

ah, purrfect! 
thx!

aaaand awesome project. 
actually made me rethink the plans for my own mods, where I wanted to avoid dialogue as much as possible (because non-voiced...) but now I might reconsider.

Edited by Nymra
On 7/27/2021 at 3:13 PM, Artful Dodger said:

Jesus Christ monkey balls ! It works, thanks.

Thought maybe there's a reason if authors made some voice packs in loose and some in bsa format...

Contrary to popular rumors, SSD's are still quite a bit slower accessing thousands of small files vs one big file. They are definitely faster doing small files than a HDD though.

The added benefit of packing in a BSA is, if you extract the original mod's BSA, the original mod's sound files will take priority over the ones in the synthed voice pack. This allows the mod's included voices to take precedence over these generated ones. Or, you can just make sure you load the synth voice pack BSA's dummy esp BEFORE the original mod, so that the original mod's files in its BSA will take priority. (If you're using MO1, I believe it requires you to have the mod's files in the left pane in the same order.) Make sure the dummy plugin doesn't have the original as a master in this case though, or you may run into problems. You can clean masters off of it with xEdit, or just extract and repack the BSA again with Cathedral Assets Optimizer.

Edited by XenoDrake
1 hour ago, XenoDrake said:

Contrary to popular rumors, SSD's are still quite a bit slower accessing thousands of small files vs one big file. They are definitely faster doing small files than a HDD though.

The added benefit of packing in a BSA is, if you extract the original mod's BSA, the original mod's sound files will take priority over the ones in the synthed voice pack. This allows the mod's included voices to take precedence over these generated ones. Or, you can just make sure you load the synth voice pack BSA's dummy esp BEFORE the original mod, so that the original mod's files in its BSA will take priority. (If you're using MO1, I believe it requires you to have the mod's files in the left pane in the same order.) Make sure the dummy plugin doesn't have the original as a master in this case though, or you may run into problems. You can clean masters off of it with xEdit, or just extract and repack the BSA again with Cathedral Assets Optimizer.

Thanks for information ;) never thought I need/want to know anything like packing BSA's, so it's a useful thing after all.

Got bit brave and started to pack into BSA's some big texture mods which serves only as base on which you install nicer mods, less useless conflicts.

Not sure what else can be done, but probably not gonna go any further with BSA's, which probably also involves CK.

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Thanks for information ;) never thought I need/want to know anything like packing BSA's, so it's a useful thing after all.

Got bit brave and started to pack into BSA's some big texture mods which serves only as base on which you install nicer mods, less useless conflicts.

Not sure what else can be done, but probably not gonna go any further with BSA's, which probably also involves CK.

Cathedral Assets Optimizer does BSA's fairly well

4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

As judge007 says above, CAO makes it a one click convert.

just tested the POP one... man... this is magic. 
Wow, just wow. This changes my game entirely and makes me reconsider using mods I have long abandonned because ... no voice... 

Anybody already made one for this mod by any chance?

On 7/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, XenoDrake said:

Asking for clarity because I'm dumb - when you say loaded before the original mod, say for SLEN, the dummy ESL goes after the actual mod in the load order right? But does it go before or after the mod in the installed MO2 left pane? I don't see any conflicts with it above, but that one isn't getting any voiced files, while the SLSF one I did is, and that ones placement in the left and right pane follow the same ordering as the one for SLEN. Also, what settings should I be using in Cathedral?

Edit: nope, just dumb and cant read. 

Edited by applesandmayo
31 minutes ago, applesandmayo said:

Asking for clarity because I'm dumb - when you say loaded before the original mod, say for SLEN, the dummy ESL goes after the actual mod in the load order right? But does it go before or after the mod in the installed MO2 left pane? I don't see any conflicts with it above, but that one isn't getting any voiced files, while the SLSF one I did is, and that ones placement in the left and right pane follow the same ordering as the one for SLEN. Also, what settings should I be using in Cathedral?

Easiest way to fix load order is to load Plugins and mod plugin on SSEEdit and "Add Masters . . ."

35 minutes ago, judge007 said:

Easiest way to fix load order is to load Plugins and mod plugin on SSEEdit and "Add Masters . . ."

1 hour ago, applesandmayo said:

I meant, the voice dummy ESL should load BEFORE the original mod. So, no, adding the original mod as a master to the dummy ESL is a bad idea. If the original mod has a BSA with its own voices for a few of the things, then loading the voice ESP after it will cause its BSA to overwrite the files in the original mod's BSA. You don't want that. So adding masters is a bad idea as that will force the voice ESL to load after the original mod.

The comment about MO1 requiring the left pane to be in the same order only applies to the old Mod Organizer 1, I believe. Mod Organizer 2 handles this better. I believe there are still some users using legacy Mod Organizer. Why, I have no idea, but I have seen them.

Edited by XenoDrake
6 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

As far as I'm aware SLEN uses loose sound files. There is no way for .BSA contents to overwrite loose files. Loose files will always overwrite .BSA contents unless you delete them.

9 hours ago, Executaball said:

As far as I'm aware SLEN uses loose sound files. There is no way for .BSA contents to overwrite loose files. Loose files will always overwrite .BSA contents unless you delete them.

So we should delete or backup the voice files if we install voice synth? Will that have any effect on the mod?

12 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

So we should delete or backup the voice files if we install voice synth? Will that have any effect on the mod?

Loose files overwrite .BSA's on load. They do not actually overwrite each other outside of loading. Just like how you install a loose texture file which overwrites Skyrim - Textures.bsa. 

5 hours ago, Executaball said:

Loose files overwrite .BSA's on load. They do not actually overwrite each other outside of loading. Just like how you install a loose texture file which overwrites Skyrim - Textures.bsa. 

This. The only thing to be concerned about is if the original mod has voice files in its BSA, and the same ones are in the BSA voice packs. Then you'll want to make sure the BSA for the voice synth pack's ESP loads before the original mod's ESP, or extract the original mod's BSA.

However, obviously the more loose files you have the longer it takes for the game to load up, so it can be beneficial to go the two-BSA route.

Or you can extract ONLY the voice files from the original mod's BSA.

Edited by XenoDrake