SkyrimVR Compatibility Tracking (1/27/21)

- Mod name: Laura's bondage shop
- https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6949-devious-devices-lauras-bondage-shop-7-oct-2021-v332/

- Compatible with patches

The mod works mostly except for a few issues. The main questline relies heavily on AI taking over player control and walking to specified points. This works somewhat. The players body will be playing the move animation but it will stay in place. And teleport from time to time. Usually directly to the end location but sometimes in steps.

In the Origin quest there is a part where the player should be laying in bed while under control of the AI. That doesn't really work in VR which prevents the next stage from triggering. My patch makes the player go to a specified point instead of the bed which fixes the issue. All though the point in testing doesn't seem to be where I placed it in the editor, it's not that far of and it makes it playable.

The patch is tested with V3.32 SSE of the mod and should be compatible with any future versions by default.

Laura's Bondage Shop v3.32 VR patch.7z

Edited by l1nkler

I made another (I believe heavily requested) patch. I'm sure I saw someone asking for it somewhere. This one fixes armbinders, yokes and straitjackets from Devious Devices. When the player is wearing them VRIK functionality for hands and arms is disabled so they are in the proper positions. So no more loose arms with no hands. I also tested if it works after a Sexlab scene with an armbinder on. I haven't tested SL scenes with no items on but they should work as well.

As this is my first time actually using papyrus it was a lot of trial and error for me. So this patch could have been more performance friendly but as it's only triggered when the player equips or unequips a device and when a SL scene starts and ends performance shouldn't be that much of an issue. And I just wanted to make something that works. If you have other mods that play with the VRIK settings then this patch might not be ideal for you as it only checks for DD and SL events.

I RECOMMEND TO BACK UP YOUR SAFES AS I HAVE NO TRUST IN MY SKILLS (OR LACK THERE OF) WITH PAPYRUS AND CREATION KIT. I had no issues in testing but better safe then sorry.

VRIK - DD Animation patch.7z

Edited by l1nkler
On 10/19/2021 at 2:39 AM, l1nkler said:

I made another (I believe heavily requested) patch. I'm sure I saw someone asking for it somewhere. This one fixes armbinders, yokes and straitjackets from Devious Devices. When the player is wearing them VRIK functionality for hands and arms is disabled so they are in the proper positions. So no more loose arms with no hands. I also tested if it works after a Sexlab scene with an armbinder on. I haven't tested SL scenes with no items on but they should work as well.

As this is my first time actually using papyrus it was a lot of trial and error for me. So this patch could have been more performance friendly but as it's only triggered when the player equips or unequips a device and when a SL scene starts and ends performance shouldn't be that much of an issue. And I just wanted to make something that works. If you have other mods that play with the VRIK settings then this patch might not be ideal for you as it only checks for DD and SL events.

I RECOMMEND TO BACK UP YOUR SAFES AS I HAVE NO TRUST IN MY SKILLS (OR LACK THERE OF) WITH PAPYRUS AND CREATION KIT. I had no issues in testing but better safe then sorry.

VRIK - DD Animation patch.7z 3.18 kB · 3 downloads

Well, I hadn't tested it yet, but it looks non-optimal with hooking on main player NPC record. In my game, there aren't any other overrides, but I assume it is bad practice anyway. I think, it would've been better to tie it into zad_EnchHeavyBondage Object Effect (Enchantment) as additional magic effect. Except then it wouldn't catch straitjackets somehow... So, yeah. I don't have better ideas right now, it would require much research to do it better ?

3 minutes ago, DeWired said:

Well, I hadn't tested it yet, but it looks non-optimal with hooking on main player NPC record. In my game, there aren't any other overrides, but I assume it is bad practice anyway. I think, it would've been better to tie it into zad_EnchHeavyBondage Object Effect (Enchantment) as additional magic effect. Except then it wouldn't catch straitjackets somehow... So, yeah. I don't have better ideas right now, it would require much research to do it better ?

Yeah I know that it's not optimal. But at least it works 90% of the time which is good enough for me. Just wanted to make something functional. And I'm surprised no one has made something like that yet. I might release updates in the future if I get better at modding.

Randomly stumbled upon this yesterday:
Faster HDT-SMP

It comes with its own VR version. Just started playing with it, so can't say much about stability yet. So far for me it appears to improve things, just don't know how much is confirmation biased. I left the CUDA part disabled for now since GPU seems to be the limiting factor in VR anyways.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:29 AM, past79 said:

Randomly stumbled upon this yesterday:
Faster HDT-SMP

It comes with its own VR version. Just started playing with it, so can't say much about stability yet. So far for me it appears to improve things, just don't know how much is confirmation biased. I left the CUDA part disabled for now since GPU seems to be the limiting factor in VR anyways.

For some reason in my modded setup, i got ctds when switching races during new game character creation until i removed this mod.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, kingraba said:

For some reason in my modded setup, i got ctds when switching races during new game character creation until i removed this mod.

Interesting, so far I have only tested with my default character in my current playthrough. Do you have CUDA enabled or disabled (default is disabled I think)?

For me personally, the performance seems to have improved a lot, most apparent in populated areas (duh). Even got rid of many problems I have had presumably due to script lag. ?

I will try character creation later today when I've finished work.

EDIT: Same thing happening for me, CTDs at character creation. Bug has already been reported on nexus. I guess an easy workaround would be to just use the "regular" HDT for character creation, and replace the DLL afterwards?

Edited by past79

I have something to share. I discovered that i can actually name creatures in mod Tame Beasts II. Trick is when game asks to keyboard input i go to desktop view (can be really laggy in skyrim devours most of horsepower) and trigger keyboard there then just type in virtual keyboard ( same thing i was doing with additemmenu, etc).... so it is safe to assume it would work with other mods aswell.

Was searching for VR possibilities and came across this. Perhaps you might want to put it on the main page. Sexlab VRIK Gesture controls. They don't interfere with your normal set gestures, as those are disabled during scenes along with the other VRIK stuff.

************ Sexlab VR Controls ************
        right button +
            left = previous stage
            right = next stage
            up = end animation (I'm getting out)
            down = swap positions (my turn to get down)
            forward = toggle autoadvance
            back = swap 1st / 3rd person mode
            left-right = previous animation
            right-left = next animation
            down-up = move the scene location ('pick up' the scene) - you have 7 seconds to walk somewhere, then scene follows
            up-down = toggle collision ('free cam' or 'fly cam' mode)
            forward-back = disable(/enable) this animation (disable and it won't play again)
            back-forward = rotate scene around

left button +
            up = adjust schlong
            left = align actors for one stage
            right = align actors for all stages

-While adjusting:
            left button only = end adjust mode
            right button only = reset adjustments for animation
            left trigger (hold down) = grab & adjust actor/schlong (by moving left controller)
            right trigger = select next actor to adjust

Also this, if anyone has a working setup of SLSO VR. Haven't gotten to testing the version I have sitting on my drive, will soon though.

With SLSO and SLSO patch:
            left2 button tap = (toggle) hold back own pleasure
            right2 button tap = (toggle) increase own pleasure
            right2 button + up = (toggle) increase selected partner pleasure
            right2 button + down = (toggle) reduce selected partner pleasure
            rith2 button + left = select previous partner
            right2 button + right = select next partner
            right2 button + back = pause 'game'
            right2 button + forward = resume 'game'

VR Address Library for SKSEVR just hit the nexus! ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58101

Users
Download if a mod says VR Address Library is required. Unless a mod is compiled to use this, it will not work so do not expect this as a drop in replacement for Address Library unless the mod author tells you to use this.

So mods still will have to be specifically compiled for VR, but this should make things easier for mod authors currently relying on address library to maybe finally convert their work. There's always hope...

In other news, Faster HDT-SMP got an update yesterday that supposedly fixed the CTD when changing sex (and/or race?) in racemenu (eg. character creation). Haven't had the chance to test the new version yet, but I've been playing with the previous releases for some time now, and it's been a big improvement for my game so far, both performance and stability wise.

Spoiler
  • Version 1.12

• The CTD when changing sex in RaceMenu is solved in the VR CUDA version.
  • Version 1.11

• All the SSE versions are now at least generated on the DaydreamingDay branch, for CUDA and NOT-CUDA, for NOT-AVX, AVX, AVX2 and AVX512.
    • The CTD when changing sex in RaceMenu is solved in the SSE versions. It should solve lots of CTDs introduced by this mod. The CTD probably happens in the VR version.
    • All the configs.xml files are now configured with the same values, to allow a sane comparison. The comments are a little bit clearer to allow you to modify them yourself.
    • The xml files describing the physics, and kindly provided by alandtse and HSanMartin are now available for all configs.
    • The configs.xml files of the CUDA version have now CUDA enabled by default.
    • The configs.xml files have now groupEnableMLCP disabled by default.
    • The default value of maximumDistance in the configs.xml files is now 500 by default.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, Buckandisdead said:

Hi all

Just noticed a new version of ConsoleUtilVR has been released and was wondering if anyone has tried it with devious devices.

TA

Buck

I tested this and I was getting random CTD on cell loads.  Not every cell but it happened enough that I dropped it.  This might be because I have some mod trying to use the Console and crashing.  100% stopped the CTD when isolated by removing the ConsoleUtilVR.

• JayDrizzle changed the title to SkyrimVR Compatibility Tracking (11/15/21)
On 11/15/2021 at 9:36 PM, JayDrizzle said:

I tested this and I was getting random CTD on cell loads.  Not every cell but it happened enough that I dropped it.  This might be because I have some mod trying to use the Console and crashing.  100% stopped the CTD when isolated by removing the ConsoleUtilVR.

Thanks For the info, I am not seeming to get any issues with using this as yet but as you said you might be using a mod I am not which might be a future issue for myself. I will keep a eye on it.

This is nice... sadly I found it 2 late...

Allrdy done with modding skyrimVR. But next time I will use this guide rly hard ;) 

Ah and Yiffy Age SE also works in VR. I had just some problems with some of helmets. Some of them block your sight. Also CBBE and all the mods that uses it don't work with YA atm...

Edited by Sylath

Can also confirm ScRappies Matchmaker doesn't currently work in VR, it doesn't the option to create profiles, so its scenes can't be set up. Unsure if profiles could be made in an SE save, then swapped to a VR one, but you can't seem to make them in VR at the moment. My guess is Yamate'll have a similar problem, the MCM's look pretty similar, but it's not a part of the game I want to currently set up.

Also, Adventures seems to have problems with the gangbangs, for some reason, only one scene starts per assault. After the first person's done things end.
Edit: This doesn't always seem to be true, had a different playthrough were things went fine. Probably an unusual conflict rather than a VR bug.

And another edit, PAHE manual renaming tend to get stuck. Can't grab a keyboard and type in anything either. Unsure if conflict or VR bug.

PS: Does anyone know of any NPC-NPC sexlab mod that works with VR? I'm looking more for a mod that allows, say, bandits to occasionally bang, or other situations where you might be out in the world and stealthy and see a scene, without having a just blanket "NPC's have reached this arousal number, so now they're gonna grab the closest person they see and fuck them in front of good old Heimskr."

Edited by dulty
11 hours ago, dulty said:

I'm looking more for a mod that allows, say, bandits to occasionally bang, or other situations where you might be out in the world and stealthy and see a scene, without having a just blanket "NPC's have reached this arousal number, so now they're gonna grab the closest person they see and fuck them in front of good old Heimskr."

There is a mod for FG on Nexus that does that, There is a big database of potential sex scenes based on location, NPCs present, time of day and so on. It has a debug mode that tells you in notifications what are the available scenes when you enter a cell and if they can play at the moment or not. 

Additionally for the player character - SL Solution works in VR.