SkyrimVR Compatibility Tracking (1/27/21)

58 minutes ago, Eimda Wander said:

Hi, I don't know how to start a new game with mods because

1. I try to start a new game with mods, the intro will not work, either the camera/view will spin, or it just won't work.

2. Trying to start a vanilla game, waiting to get out of the chariot, then saving, quitting the game and relaunching the modded version of it. The audio will not work, and I will be stuck, not able to create my character.

I also tried to use alternate start mods, like Skyrim Unbound or Live Another Life, but the game won't even start

Tried Realm of Lorkhan, game started, but it crashed a few time after I clicked on new game

Does someone know how to start a game ?

(it might just be me that is dumb, but I can't manage to make it work and I'm tired of it)

Ah and I don't know if there is a better place to ask that question, so I just asked here

Try making a save after character creation. You can always change it afterwards. For more convenience, you can use my ShowRaceMenu Power mod, if you like. Right after getting off the cart can still be buggy. Best to save it when inside, then load with the modded game. Keep a copy of the vanila save.

Skyrim Unbound does not work with VR, nor does Live Another Life, to my knowledge, but Alternate Perspective works just fine. Realm of Lorkhan worked for me, with no issues, too, but I find the start of the game too tedious, the resulting characters too OP, even when trying to restrain myself, and I really hated the Lorkhan crystals floating everywhere, though I think there is a fix for that, now. So maybe Lorkhan is conflicting with some other mod you have installed. Maybe one of the crystals is in the same location as something else...

In any case, Try Alternate perspective. It's clean and quick, no issues whatsoever. Do read the description!

Edit: if you like playing underpowered characters like I do, you might also consider: In Your Shadow SE, works like a charm, adds the functionality of Unbound which makes you a non-dragonborn, you can't shout, no dragons around (has an MCM to reenable), again, read the description carefully.

Edited by gargamel9

No one has yet to address the memory leak issue with Racemenu in VR. It's still there and the one patch for non AE is so hyper specific to it's version number that the author refuses to make another one. I've looked at the github for his patch but I have no idea where to even begin.

I don't suppose there's a work around? some way to uninstall racemenu after getting things setup or is that entirely implausible?

Edited by Odise
On 8/15/2022 at 5:37 AM, Eimda Wander said:

Hi, I don't know how to start a new game with mods because

1. I try to start a new game with mods, the intro will not work, either the camera/view will spin, or it just won't work.

2. Trying to start a vanilla game, waiting to get out of the chariot, then saving, quitting the game and relaunching the modded version of it. The audio will not work, and I will be stuck, not able to create my character.

I also tried to use alternate start mods, like Skyrim Unbound, but the game won't even start and for Live Another Life, the game screen appear for a few second and then crash

Unfortunately, if you don't have am idea of what's causing the vanilla intro to fail, it sounds like it's probably time to uninstall your mods, reinstall the game, run through the intro once to make sure vanilla's working then start rebuilding your list one by one. 

I use Alternate Start: Live Another Life for my own VR playthroughs, with the help of this patch to make it worth with VR

Edited by whiclx
9 hours ago, whiclx said:

Unfortunately, if you don't have am idea of what's causing the vanilla intro to fail, it sounds like it's probably time to uninstall your mods, reinstall the game, run through the intro once to make sure vanilla's working then start rebuilding your list one by one. 

I use Alternate Start: Live Another Life for my own VR playthroughs, with the help of this patch to make it worth with VR

I think it's VRIK. Which is a must for VR, so the vanilla intro is a no-go in any case. As mentioned above, I use Alternate perspective, which is great, and easier to get working than Live Another Live, in my experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, i Made new mod build and now in the middle of playthrough and testing. Actually second game 0 first after a while i had weird bug when creatures didn't want to revert their poses in first stages of animations (my suspect Vrik Actions - disabled now and will test). Also i have weird occasional freezes when loading saves or changing cell to more demanding ones - game unfreezes after couple of seconds but can freeze permamently, didn't see any dump stacks in falhrim tools thou - i think it is something bout loading stuff from mods like in se when u load save u have fps drops and t- pose untill everything loads. Things that works - newest CF (3.0 i pressume), latest MNC. Live Action for DAR works and you can disable player completelly... but those dredded visual bugs (glowy hair, fckdup brows/clothes - invisible people etc.) made me disable it in current playthrough desipe ocasional very candy followers iddles (for VR it is really noice) - 2 much of a tradeoff - maybe some1 fix it one day. Display Model 3 works - u can download patch on Dark Console discord (works only for npcs (and unfortunatelly u have to use keyboard (Ins and Del) for assinging people and cancel assingment - incompatibile with PLANCK (for few moments i though it would be tough pick, but then i remembered why i diodn't have PLANCK in first place 0 tend to fckup animations for player, because even in ghost mode collisions worls and displace actors - if anyone have workaround lemme know). Newest Dripping when Aroused works - thou as usual it have a problem correctly applying heartbeat speel for player, it did this correctly maybe 2 times when i was hunting with countless new games why i can't read books/notes (my fav so i weep). Newest SLSO works, i was actually suprised with cries my chap and npcs were creaming (highly disturbing and triggered my PTSD) but fixed it with SLSO anime voice packs and Anime voice for sexlab itself. Generally i'll provide my mod order and load order in spoiler if some1 wannna refference. And i must admit testing is rather short and there is probability some things won't work later. 

Algo Expressive Facegen Morphs works in VR but need worlaround, i did it like this image.png.c07efc0261f8c40ac4e5b00e4bdbc6f3.png

image.png.e4cb0c6eaf6236a8cb52c37463eb1422.png

• 3 weeks later...

- Mod name: SexLab Aroused Creatures

- https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6022-sexlab-aroused-creatures-se-2021-11-29/
- Either Compatible or compatible with patches
- https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100885-sexlab-aroused-creatures-se-2021-11-29/?do=findComment&comment=3899734

The mod is compatible but it uses keybinds for some features. The patch adds powers for those keybinds to improve QoL. And invite animation is also a bit wonky but I'm planning to add compatibility for it with the VRIK - DD Animation Patch.

I'm having an issue which I think is caused by VRIK.
When I start an animation in sexlab, the camera doesn't stay locked to my character's head and height, and I keep control of the hands no matter what option I have selected in sexlab VR. After the animation ends, my character model stays in place (it rotates and the hands jump back to my controllers if I get close enough), which is only fixed if I load a save. Has anyone had a similar experience with a fix?

• 2 weeks later...

Trying  out  Prison Overhaul Patched 5.45.0 [September 17, 2022]  following the thread.

It runs but it's not functional.

Under debug xpoPrisoner and xpoanimation and xpojailorvars and xpocrimevals and xpodialogcrime all failed.

The rest of the quests are OK.

SUS does not recognize the way the SVR CT thread says to get skyui working in VR.

When you surrender to a guard it says in the top left:

POP: Registration failed

The guard reduices your bounty to 0 then it says

Failed bounty is 0 no arrest for you.

No mater what the bounty is surrendering to guards just has them clear your bounty.

Anyone experience this? I followed the Compatibility thread to the letter and installed all the patches.

3 hours ago, Cahaui said:

Trying  out  Prison Overhaul Patched 5.45.0 [September 17, 2022]  following the thread.

Under debug xpoPrisoner and xpoanimation and xpojailorvars and xpocrimevals and xpodialogcrime all failed.

SUS does not recognize the way the SVR CT thread says to get skyui working in VR.

No mater what the bounty is surrendering to guards just has them clear your bounty.

Anyone experience this? I followed the Compatibility thread to the letter and installed all the patches.

Never seen that, and I've used the mod a fair bit. Did you install the prereq Skyrim Utility Mod? It's linked on POP's mod page. Make sure you have the other prereqs too.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, Cahaui said:

UPDATE:

I did a bare bones install with just the required prereqs and nothing else.

Same problem.

Went into the mods settings, did a physical reset, fixed everything.

• 3 weeks later...

My solution for the Racemenu problem, which was causing enormous performance issues for me, is to just not use it. I realized I had no requirement for it and everything functioned completely fine without it. Saved several plugin slots to boot.

The issue with Live Action, or any DAR mod that causes the same issue - visual bugs, disappearing or invisible NPCs, (eg. Sleeping Expanded by Jayserpa is another mod that causes issues because of the IsInCombat() condition), can be fixed by manually editing all of the _conditions.txt files to eliminate the following conditions:

IsInCombat()

/

NOT IsInCombat()

8 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8.7z For your convenience.

Strange, still getting the same message even with a fresh new game. Beta 8 and the patch. Anything else I am missing?

Also another problem, once I enable SLAL animations then I register em and close the menu, once they're installed I reopen MCM and I have 621 new registered animations window appear, I need to click button A but when I do nothing happens I can only close the whole MCM, making it unusable. Feels like my whole installation is bricked.

nvm im retarded, I got it working

Edited by prankster

Hey guys,

I posted these in a different thread, but it seems like this is a more suitable one. Anyone know why I might be having these problems?

*Post 1*

This is driving me crazy; SexLab keeps telling me I have the wrong version of Skyrim installed. Sometimes it tells me PapyrusUtils is incompatible.

Am I missing something? It used to work, but I did a clean install of SkyrimVR to try to clean up some of the muck created by like 2 years of mod installs and uninstalls, and now SexLab won't work.

*Post 2*

These are what I tried in the install:

SexLabFrameworkSE_v163

SL VRpatch Beta8 38 - test

SL VRpatch hotfix for v38

Which I installed after:

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-80-1610196777

VRIK V0.8.1 Test Build 28-23416-V0-8-1-Test-Build-28-1624911793

VRIK V0.8.1 In-Dev Build 28

VR Address Library-58101-0-29-0-1645342193

UIExtensions v1-2-0-17561-1-2-0

SkyUI-VR.v.1.2.0

SkyrimVRTools-27782-2-3-BETA-1590789255

sksevr_2_00_12

powerofthree's Tweaks SE-51073-1-5-1-1642691073

Fuz Ro Doh 61-14884-6-1

FNIS Behavior SE 7_6-3038-7-6-1582048023

ConsoleUtilVR-47189-1-3-1631757413

Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v1.6.1-198-1-6-1-1597588589

BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v5.5.2-201-5-5-2-1643666996

I'm trying to figure if there's a missing or invalid/incompatible dependency. When I had it working before, there were like 80 or 90 mods, so I'm unclear on what made it work.

*Post 3*

I installed 163 Beta8 of SexLab, but I'm still getting the same message (Sometimes, PapyrusUtils is incorrect version; sometimes that SexLab is the incorrect version; and sometimes, nothing - but when I install SexLab, it always shows the 'install' screen in the MCM)

*EDIT*

Okay, I think I got it working. It still complains at me about SexLab being an incorrect version, and the script extender reports incompatible versions on a couple of things. But the bondage furniture and gear look like they're working. Here's the order of my mods (roughly):

Step 1:
 BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v5.5.2-201-5-5-2-1643666996
 Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v1.6.1-198-1-6-1-1597588589
 ConsoleUtilVR-47189-1-3-1631757413
 FNIS Behavior SE 7_6-3038-7-6-1582048023
 Fuz Ro Doh 61-14884-6-1
 powerofthree's Tweaks SE-51073-1-5-1-1642691073
 SkyrimVRTools-27782-2-3-BETA-1590789255
 SkyUI-VR.v.1.2.0
 UIExtensions v1-2-0-17561-1-2-0
 VR Address Library-58101-0-29-0-1645342193
 VRIK V0.8.1 Test Build 28-23416-V0-8-1-Test-Build-28-1624911793
 XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-80-1610196777

Step 2:
 SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8

Step 3:
 PapyrusUtil VR - Scripting Utility Functions-13048-3-6b-1545409528
 SexLabArousedSSELoose-29

Step 4:
 Devious Devices SE & VR 5.1
 SlaveTatsSE-1.3.9
 ZaZ Animation Pack+ CBBE HDT V.8.0+SEREV3

Step 5:
 SprintJumpVR-28354-1-1-2-1633478200
 VRIK - DD Animation patch
 VRIK - DD Invisible Furniture Patch

Step 6: (Ignored for testing)

Step 7:
 397246177_BondageFurnitureWorldv1.1.4SE_Voice
 BondageFurnitureWorld1.1.4
 CBPC - Fomod installer - MAIN FILE-21224-1-4-17-1642089686
 Interactive BDSM SE v0.3
 Laura's Bondage Shop v3.32 SSE version - by tznvlw
 Laura's Bondage Shop_Voice

Edited by Allen Harris
On 11/27/2022 at 4:08 PM, Allen Harris said:

SexLab being an incorrect version

It's a right PITA! - but couple of pointers. 

Is sexlab actually showing a VR menu option (at the top in the MCM) - If not then check if papryusUtil.dll is loaded .. That needs to load otherwise you won't get the VR animations.

I have seen some mods overwrite Sexlab so you may want to install sexlab as one of the last and subsequently papyrusutil VR post sexlab.

From your list you appear to be using FNIS Behaviour SE and not FNIS Behaviour VR 

I can't see Racemenu VR being used 

Assume with Skyrim Extender VR you have removed SKSE64.DLL from the Skyrim folder and that it is referring to SKSEVR.DLL 

And for some reason I recall creature framework causing me an issue. It doesn't look like you are using it but try (as long as you are not adverse to it) installing FNIS Creature pack SE 7.6.

If you haven't done already look at this guide and there's some comments from myself and others page 6 downwards that also sharing comparison to getting it working. 

5 hours ago, jc321 said:

It's a right PITA! - but couple of pointers. 

Is sexlab actually showing a VR menu option (at the top in the MCM) - If not then check if papryusUtil.dll is loaded .. That needs to load otherwise you won't get the VR animations.

I have seen some mods overwrite Sexlab so you may want to install sexlab as one of the last and subsequently papyrusutil VR post sexlab.

From your list you appear to be using FNIS Behaviour SE and not FNIS Behaviour VR 

I can't see Racemenu VR being used 

Assume with Skyrim Extender VR you have removed SKSE64.DLL from the Skyrim folder and that it is referring to SKSEVR.DLL 

And for some reason I recall creature framework causing me an issue. It doesn't look like you are using it but try (as long as you are not adverse to it) installing FNIS Creature pack SE 7.6.

If you haven't done already look at this guide and there's some comments from myself and others page 6 downwards that also sharing comparison to getting it working. 

Thanks; there were some good suggestions there. I did eventually install RaceMenu, and it's the VR version. PapyrusUtil is the VR version. I *wasn't* using the VR version of FNIS - I didn't know it existed (so I've switched to it). SKSE is the VR version - there is no SKSE64.dll in my Data directory anywhere. I don't think I have creature framework installed at all, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll take a look at the link you sent. But either way, thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! Thanks again for your work, here are 2 edit suggestion:

- Pick either Glamur Reshade or Dear Diary, not both: the shader is still rendered through the paper interface. Not too bad on flatscreen but real weird in VR (hard to describe, but the shader mix is very unsettling in VR)

- The Billyy's SLAL animation linked is now outdated, since the modder now provides up to date SE animation alongside oldrim at

Also just a note: Sexymove FNIS: Will overwrite bound NPC animation, so an NPC in armbinder will walk as if not bound, breaking immersion. (when stopping it will assume back a bound position). You may or may not want to live with it: after all these bound girls from DCL will clap at bards in inn anyway.

Edited by APL3

Edit: The mod works if the optional no animations toggle for VR is used during installation, a bit of a bummer but at least it won't break the game

The PAH addon "Diary of Mine" does NOT work in VR contrary to what is written in the post. Any animation that makes the protagonist punish an NPC will spin the player and break first person. I used FNIS to update the animations.

Diary of Mine would need a no spin patch like :

Edited by Waaaaaakaaaaaannnndaaaaa

Another thing I learned from the Unofficial Skyrim Patch VR support page:

The latest USSEP patch may be finicky (it expects files from AE that are not included in SE/VR), just to err on the side of caution better use the latest non AE patch before running the VR executable: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files&file_id=209150

(it's not clear in the readme file fi the VR executble that generate the VR patch should be run before or after installing the original USSEP, I figured it wouldn't hurt to run it after even though the wording of the readme might imply the other way around ? It probably doesn't matter anyway)

Edited by APL3