@Bad Dog I just noticed none of the DLCs are covered by the NPC plugin or the headgear edits. Are you leaving those for later (once all the races have proper FaceGen, I assume), or did you simply miss them?

Also, I tried to run the Furry Transmogrifier script on the DLC NPCs to get a placeholder patch in the meantime, but I keep getting this error:

Exception in unit BDFurryFalloutTransmogrifier line 1478: Found a NULL reference, expected: HDPT

this is the line it shows up at:

[...]

Procedure SetHead();
var
    hp: IwbElement;
Begin
    hp := ElementAssign(curHeadParts, HighInteger, nil, false);
    Log(4, 'Setting head to (' + IntToStr(curSex) + ',' + IntToStr(curRace)
        + ') ' + SmallName(raceHeads[curSex, curRace]));
    SetEditValue(hp, HexFormID(raceHeads[curSex, curRace]));

if curIsChild then begin
        Log(4, 'Setting rear head to none: ' + rearHeadNone);
        SetEditValue(hp, rearHeadNone);
        Log(4, 'Setting mouth to none: ' + noMouth);
        SetEditValue(hp, noMouth);
    end;
End;

[...]

I know you said documentation won't be available until FaceGen stuff is finished/the mod is out of beta, but I assumed the script itself did work (since you used it yourself), so that's why I ask. :classic_huh:

Yeah I haven't bothered with the DLCs just to make it light on myself. No reason why the script shouldn't work.

It is physically impossible for that line to throw that error, so I have no idea what's going on. Will check.

RN I'm updating all the bodies to have the right parts, morphs, and no texture seams. Then I'll circle back and finalize the heads. Deer horns and lion manes are a complicating factor, so this way I can get something out while I work on them, and on the rest of the hair.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I just noticed none of the DLCs are covered by the NPC plugin or the headgear edits. Are you leaving those for later (once all the races have proper FaceGen, I assume), or did you simply miss them?

As a Temporary fix:

There is a mod that covers DLC but it will only replace them with 1 furry race 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50749

Thats what ive been using and having it load above Furryfallout mod ;3

Edited by BafMeow
3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Ya so the furrifier doesn't work so well with the DLCs. Here's a fix.

Well... :classic_unsure:

Exception in unit  line -1: Error in unit 'BDFurryFalloutTransmogrifier' on line 326 : Array index out of bounds

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Here's the ESP.

Alright, that seems to have worked.

Turned the plugin into ESL-tagged ESP, checked for conflicts with the Unofficial FO4 Patch (there's none), exported FaceGen, compressed textures, and packed everything into archives. Here's the download in case you want to add it to the Drive (or even merge it with the main NPC plugin if so you choose, all you'd need to do is extract the BA2s and copy the records):

https://mega.nz/file/J1dEnBjQ#KaOGM-X7ZD0--ShQLsbrNxNzAeg6sCiYcuANvjS66_Y

I didn't get to do a ton of testing but I checked both the Nuka World Transit Center and Far Harbor and both seemed to load the new NPCs properly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: you can tell some races are still missing the "overhaul" tigers and horses have gotten already...

Spoiler

FFOFarHarborAvery.png

...but on the other hand horses do seem to turn out nice, even if lack of more hairs or eye colors make them look not-as-great most of the time.

Spoiler

FFOFarHarborSurvivor.png

FFOFarHarborWoman.png

Can't wait to see what all races look like once they're up to speed. :classic_shy:

What do people think about the DLC patch? Keep it separate or all-in-one?

ofc the DLC headgear hasn't been handled yet.

I still see the occasional warped head, so I'll tune the furrifier. I think those are really warped, not an artifact of an old game.

5 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I still see the occasional warped head, so I'll tune the furrifier. I think those are really warped, not an artifact of an old game.

Believe it or not, there still are folks who do not use the DLCS.

Game of the year edition has been selling for real cheap and I believe people who ends up modding will mostlikely have all the DLCs.

I'd vote all in one!

I also think having it all in one is preferable. The summer steam sale is going atm as well so it's not too far a stretch for folks to head out and grab them.

@Bad Dog found a "family species mismatch" in the base game NPC file so I figured I'd point it out since you mention fixing those in the description. Lucy Abernathy (0006B4D2) is a tigress, but Connie (0006B4D1) and Blake Abernathy (0006B4D3) are hyenas, so unless you want to imply Connie cuckolded Blake, you'll probably want to change Lucy into a hyena as well, lol. ? Abernathy Farm is one of the first settlements discovered by the player in a "normal" game flow so this is kind of a noticeable one.

(Incidentally Lucy is one of the tigers with mangled up faces, but the species change would render fixing her face pointless since it'd have to be redone once hyenas get working facegen, I guess).

---------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of family matches, I know it's just a placeholder/WIP plugin, but the DLC patch turned Kenji Nakano (xx002162) into a deer and Kasumi Nakano (xx003ECA) into a mare but with roughly the same markings as her father (not 1:1 since I don't think horses have access to the cervid muzzle markings). I kinda like how that turned out, so I'd suggest keeping that for the "final" version of the plugin; all that would need to be done would be to turn Rei Nakano (xx00220D) into a mare as well (she's currently a tigress) and maybe look into giving Kasumi some of the cervid markings somehow to match her father.

Since you have to interact with the Nakanos to start the Far Harbor questline and finding Kasumi is the "main" objective, I'd say the extra attention is warranted since players will meet them eventually, and children getting the mother's race/species with some traits from the father (in this case markings) is implied to be the way cross-race breeding works in Elder Scrolls so that could be a neat detail to put here too.

---------------------------------------------------------

Last, but not least... the issue of hair and eye options. I understand hair is a matter of getting to work on the refits and there ain't much to do there for now, but eyes are a different story. There's only like 5 color options tops, and it's very obvious because everybody and their mother have the same eye color.

Since the FFO eyes actually use human UVs and textures, I'd say we could add more color options since all that needs to be done is the plugin work itself. Right off the bat, all the vanilla human eye colors can be added as extra options with only plugin work involved, and there's also several custom eye textures included with the Vulpine Race and with Selachii that could be added for extra customization (I'm sure BeardOfSocrates will be happy to let you grab the Vulpine textures, and the Selachii ones all come from open-perms Skyrim mods so you'd only have to credit Natural Eyes like I did).

You can even still keep the "black sclera predator eyes" theme since the eyes I ported for Selachii have black sclera versions available.

No disagreement on eyes.

I have had a special request for otters and have been thinking a bunch of the Far Harbor NPCs might want to be otters. But I haven't gotten up there in the game myself. I assume there are other ocean-oriented NPCs in the base game but I don't know. 

Families are a thing. Just did the Forge side quest and that family is a total mashup (wolf, cheetah, fox). The mother hassling her kid running the barbershop in Diamond City. The diner lady's tweaker kid. Even if we can mix species, can we mix cats and dogs? Predators and ungulates? Does a kid have to be the race of at least one parent? Should I hard-code them or try to read the relationship data (which might be a smile)?

OCD minds want to know.

I did those quests on 0.4 version as well. I did question the reason why the Diner Lady Trudy had a horse for a child but I never went to dig into her back story but I let such things go cause it could have simply been an adopted child or simply the father was a horse. But it didn't really bother me at all lol. As long as they're furries. 

Also Shaun is not my Kid! It is someone else kid ,does not look like his father at all. Was the most hilarious first experience I have had... Started Fallout 4 with your Mod installed!

Again baby ain't mine! Luckily for Alternative start mod it ain't mine!

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

No disagreement on eyes.

Let me know if you want me to pack up the Vulpine + Selachii eyes into a single download for convenience.

I could even try to get them all implemented and made into a xEdit patch you can just copy the records from into the FFO plugin if you want (though seeing the humongous amount of TXST entries that'd need to be made, I'd like to get confirmation it'd actually be used before I get down to it, lol :classic_wacko:).

I have had a special request for otters and have been thinking a bunch of the Far Harbor NPCs might want to be otters. But I haven't gotten up there in the game myself.

I guess otters for Far Harbor wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Honestly the only "fitting" option so far would have been Selachii, but if Cellans/Otters are ported as part of FFO as well, then that'd probably be as good a fit as it gets, and retain "consistency" in design/looks with the other races.

Them being endemic to the Island and there being only a handful hand-picked ones in the Commonwealth tops sounds fitting too, since it fits with the "reclusive island enclave" theme.

I assume there are other ocean-oriented NPCs in the base game but I don't know. 

...not really. Or at least I can't think of any. For all of the Commonwealth's cells covered by water, there's basically zero ocean-based content in the game (cut content and unused files point to this being due to development constraints and stuff even tho Beth did intend to add them).

Only things I can think of are Libertalia and the FMS Northern Star. The former is a Raider base built on a ship graveyard and the latter is the wreck of a (presumably) Norwegian cargo ship whose crew were Ghoulified when the bombs fell and have survived since as raiders. AFAIK both are populated by generic Raider NPCs (IIRC the Northern Star uses a ghoul-only leveled list, but otherwise grabs those ghouls from the vanilla pool), so they would have to be manually replaced with custom "pirate" NPCs or whatever, and there's also the fact that neither do anything special or interact with the player in any way (other than the Northern Star crew yelling at you in Norwegian instead of English, if you can even count that), so it'd be kind of a waste of a race if all they're gonna do is be killed by the player.

That being said, if otters are added for Far Harbor, some of those could be turned into them too, but only as a side effect, not as the "main" purpose of the Cellan race port, methinks.

Even if we can mix species, can we mix cats and dogs? Predators and ungulates? Does a kid have to be the race of at least one parent? Should I hard-code them or try to read the relationship data (which might be a smile)?

OCD minds want to know.

Skyrim had the pre-existing lore where humans, elves, Orcs and beast races were basically counted as separate "breeding groups". so it made sense to assume dogs go with dogs, cats with cats, lizards with lizards, and whether they can cross was anyone's guess. Also there were no cross-group pairings with kids in the game as a result of "following" the vanilla race assignment, so that issue never came up.

FO4, though... everybody is human and thus in theory "compatible" with everyone else, so I guess it might make more sense as "everyone can mix with everyone, but people tend to pair up with members of the same species". So most established families with offspring are set as the same species, but a handful ones can be left mixed for the sake of variety.

What I would definitely stick to is that a kid must be the race of one of their parents, possibly (but not necessarily) the mother. Otherwise it just feels too... I'm going to say "flimsy". Like they aren't actually related and just pretend to be. Could just be me, though.

I'm open to different thoughts on this topic, though.

Edited by Blaze69
14 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Does this mean Digigrade legs or should I still wait to download?

Lykaios, Tigers and Horses already have custom bodies with beast feet. So if digi legs are a sine qua non condition for you, I guess you can download the mod already if you intend to play as any of those races.

Edited by Blaze69
28 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Beast feet yes but still human legs on all 3. =(

I dunno, this looks digi enough for me.

Spoiler

FO4_Tiger_Body.jpg

If this isn't enough for you, I'm afraid it's as far as it'll go so FFO probably won't give you what you're after.

21 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

LOL, I really don't want to do eight baby Shauns for, what is it, about 30 seconds of screen time.

Mehehe

I can't wait no longer I've been itching to do another playthrough with your latest changes. I am still on 0.4 on my save game x3.

Hoping for that Peen fixes and those female face deforms x3. If those get fixed, and posted ill dive right back into the furryfallout with a different build!