Fusion girl's non realistic skin

6 hours ago, jman5302 said:

When using this skin, the back of the neck is colored differently then the rest of the body. Anyone know what's going on? Is it the lack of a femalebhed_d.dds Texture in this mod?

https://prnt.sc/115syp2

Edit: I Managed to make it less obvious by recoloring the femalebhed_d.dds included in the original fusion girl. There's still a seam, but it's a bit more subtle now. If you could include a matching texture for it of your own That'd be great.

The way Radiation Queen addresses that is with a separate headrear texture set. I think it's some combination of basehumanfemalerear_d.dds and femalebhed_{d,n,s}.dds files.

9 hours ago, jman5302 said:

When using this skin, the back of the neck is colored differently then the rest of the body. Anyone know what's going on? Is it the lack of a femalebhed_d.dds Texture in this mod?

https://prnt.sc/115syp2

Edit: I Managed to make it less obvious by recoloring the femalebhed_d.dds included in the original fusion girl. There's still a seam, but it's a bit more subtle now. If you could include a matching texture for it of your own That'd be great.

Interesting

I never noticed that the content in the ESP attached to FG actually replaced the map path behind the head.

I'll process it again and update it later.

23 hours ago, kziitd said:

Interesting

I never noticed that the content in the ESP attached to FG actually replaced the map path behind the head.

I'll process it again and update it later.

Looks like that's 1.3.0? Given the file name and size compared to 1.2.0, I guess we need to keep 1.2.0 installed and then overwrite with 1.3.0? Rereading the mod description, I get the impression we should actually install 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0 and 1.3.0, and not uninstall older versions when upgrading (so no roll-up versions, new versions are always a patch on top of the prior one)?

Okay, so kudos to Vortex, it will actually list mods whose files are completely shadowed as "redundant" and as such it indicates that the following are actually needed: 1.0.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0, 2K head for 1.3.0 (if you use it). The following are redundant so can be skipped: 1.1.0, 1.1.2, older 2K head textures.

Further testing indicates the only files still used from 1.0.0 are the face, but the  specular and normal maps it provides are also the wrong resolution if you use the 2K diffuse texture. I grabbed basefemalehead_n.dds and basefemalehead_s.dds from Radiation Queen as a workaround and dropped 1.0.0 as well.

47 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Looks like that's 1.3.0? Given the file name and size compared to 1.2.0, I guess we need to keep 1.2.0 installed and then overwrite with 1.3.0? Rereading the mod description, I get the impression we should actually install 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0 and 1.3.0, and not uninstall older versions when upgrading (so no roll-up versions, new versions are always a patch on top of the prior one)?

yes

7 minutes ago, kziitd said:

yes

Per my edit to the original post, it looks like 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 (as well as the earlier 2K head) are redundant so not technically needed with the latest versions, but 1.0.0 and 1.2.0 do contain files which are not present in 1.3.0.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Per my edit to the original post, it looks like 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 (as well as the earlier 2K head) are redundant so not technically needed with the latest versions, but 1.0.0 and 1.2.0 do contain files which are not present in 1.3.0.

Considering the size of the file package, I didn't include all the files every time. In fact, with the upgrade of the hand and neck, which are the only separate parts of the body, there should be no big changes in the future. I can directly cancel all the previous versions and only provide a new version containing all the files.

34 minutes ago, kziitd said:

Considering the size of the file package, I didn't include all the files every time. In fact, with the upgrade of the hand and neck, which are the only separate parts of the body, there should be no big changes in the future. I can directly cancel all the previous versions and only provide a new version containing all the files.

Thanks! I can see both sides of the issue, for someone who's been using earlier versions downloading just the changed files may save them a bit of bandwidth (though at the cost of increasing complexity as the number of individual patch versions start to pile up over time). But for someone coming along new, a single 64MB download is both simpler and consumes less bandwidth than downloading and installing every version up to the latest.

• 2 weeks later...

okay after some trial and error found the cause of brown face to be the basefemalehead_s.dds file. After removing that file from the mod the rest works perfect, I noticed that the basefemalehead_s.dds included in this mod is smaller than the same file in my other face texture mod, while the basefemalehead_d.dds and basefemalehead_n.dds files are of the same size of 1.33MB?

3 hours ago, FredOof said:

okay after some trial and error found the cause of brown face to be the basefemalehead_s.dds file. After removing that file from the mod the rest works perfect, I noticed that the basefemalehead_s.dds included in this mod is smaller than the same file in my other face texture mod, while the basefemalehead_d.dds and basefemalehead_n.dds files are of the same size of 1.33MB?

you need to have all your face textures with the same resolution. File size is a good indicator of the res. If your normal and diffuse maps are 2k make sure your spec maps are 2k as well or you'll get a black face. specs are not all that important unless youre looking for a distinct feature like "wet" effects, goosebumps for the body, etc. :) 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:03 AM, Dagonek said:

you need to have all your face textures with the same resolution. File size is a good indicator of the res. If your normal and diffuse maps are 2k make sure your spec maps are 2k as well or you'll get a black face. specs are not all that important unless youre looking for a distinct feature like "wet" effects, goosebumps for the body, etc. :) 

Exactly, all my old face textures (_n,_d,_s.dds) are 1k, hence the file size of 1.33mb for each of them. However for this mod,  the _d.dds and _n.dds files are also 1.33mb but the _s.dds is only around 300kb for some reason, leading to the brown face for me.

7 hours ago, FredOof said:

Exactly, all my old face textures (_n,_d,_s.dds) are 1k, hence the file size of 1.33mb for each of them. However for this mod,  the _d.dds and _n.dds files are also 1.33mb but the _s.dds is only around 300kb for some reason, leading to the brown face for me.

Photoshop or paint and go resize them lol thats what i do anyway. Works like a charm and there are virtually 0 differences as long as you dont mess around with the diffuse 

On 4/23/2021 at 3:27 PM, Dagonek said:

Photoshop or paint and go resize them lol thats what i do anyway. Works like a charm and there are virtually 0 differences as long as you dont mess around with the diffuse 

Paint Shop Pro is what I use & it's just as good as Photoshop. Maybe even better. And, it's on sale!

:innocent:

37 minutes ago, Durante said:

This gave me the rusty face

The problem is that it really depends on what your initial texture sizes are (I've always used 2k _d and _n, 1k _s).

I'm using real HD face textures + LMCC 2K (packed in a .BA2 file), then I installed non realistic skin + the files I uploaded  on top of them.

"Rusty face" occurs when character face textures have different sizes to the face details textures (eyebrows, makeup, etc).

22 hours ago, riot_punch said:

The problem is that it really depends on what your initial texture sizes are (I've always used 2k _d and _n, 1k _s).

I'm using real HD face textures + LMCC 2K (packed in a .BA2 file), then I installed non realistic skin + the files I uploaded  on top of them.

"Rusty face" occurs when character face textures have different sizes to the face details textures (eyebrows, makeup, etc).

22 hours ago, riot_punch said:

This mod also includes a FemaleheadRear.nif mesh file, perhaps you have another mod that is overwriting this file.

Thanks for reminding that, I've fixed the issue and made all face textures 2K.

And I'm using HiPoly faces/heads mod. However, the nif file is being overwritten by this mod.