4 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

@TrollAutokill I'm working on getting my modlist fully updated and making various improvements ahead of starting a new long playthrough right now, and I could really use clarification on these points so I can get my patches sorted for that.  I know you mentioned you've been extra busy offline lately, so I can see how important questions could be overlooked among my Walls-o'-Text™.  

Loyal/Inlove. This part is not fully coded yet though...

5 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

Loyal/Inlove. This part is not fully coded yet though...

Okay, I take it that's the point when perception of ClothingSexy shifts, right?  So that sounds good.  

What about the other questions? o_o

10 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:
On 3/25/2022 at 7:17 AM, Antiope_Apollonia said:

In other news, can you tell me where the so-called "good slave idle" is from?  I've assumed it was ZAP, but if so, which animation?  Or is it from somewhere else—or original to DoM?  We were talking about this animation in the SLTR thread, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to locate it in the DoM files.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:41 PM, Antiope_Apollonia said:
  • ClothingPoor: this is a Skyrim keyword describing degrading clothes used on laborer slaves.

• ClothingShame: this is a DoM keyword describing degrading clothes used on sex slaves.

What is the practical difference between these two?  How would different slaves react differently to these keywords? 

Additionally, when it comes to the clothing keywords, how does wearing multiple keywords simultaneously in different slots affect things?  Whether they're multiple iterations of the same keyword, or a mix of multiple keywords?  Is it better to just have one item in an outfit keyworded, or should we keyword each individual item?

Oh, and by the way, we talked about making the custom personality .json files load order-neutral a while back.  Did that get implemented?  If so, what's the correct syntax?  Should I just chop the first two digits off the filename?  Or use "xx"?

Edited by Antiope_Apollonia
On 3/25/2022 at 12:17 AM, Antiope_Apollonia said:

can you tell me where the so-called "good slave idle" is from? 

I remember using this idle customizing the SLEN mod for my game adding this reaction during conversation with followers

IdleHandsBehindBack [IDLE:000B240A] 

25208469_SLENDialogue.png.3b52b84610308a6a0f9fd3da836887bf.png

Is this what you are talking about?

I noticed something strange with the slaver mechanic. I turned a slave into a trainer, but it just broke the NPC entirely. She has the NordFemale voicetype, the one with the accent, and that seems to force her dialogue into the generic vampire thrall voicelines from Dawnguard ("ahhhhh" "why me?" "need...to sleep", etc.) I cannot talk to the slaver at all, she just says those lines when I try, with no dialogue options at all. 

This voicetype has caused problems before with PAHE, oddly enough. I would have the same exact issue when a slave of this voicetype wore a gag, but somehow that seems to have been fixed. 

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas? I'll just avoid that voicetype for now I guess. 

1 hour ago, InsanityFactor said:

She has the NordFemale voicetype, the one with the accent, and that seems to force her dialogue into the generic vampire thrall voicelines from Dawnguard ("ahhhhh" "why me?" "need...to sleep", etc.) I cannot talk to the slaver at all, she just says those lines when I try, with no dialogue options at all. 

This voicetype has caused problems before with PAHE, oddly enough. I would have the same exact issue when a slave of this voicetype wore a gag, but somehow that seems to have been fixed. 

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas? I'll just avoid that voicetype for now I guess. 

hit the slave reset to clear the cattle voices from nords

if she's off the roster, you might need to reload to before making her a slaver and reset her before turning her into a slaver....if you no longer have a save before then try re-enslaving her

tak will need to make an update to clear the cattle voice when turning into a slaver

19 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

if she's off the roster, you might need to reload to before making her a slaver and reset her before turning her into a slaver....if you no longer have a save before then try re-enslaving her

tak will need to make an update to clear the cattle voice when turning into a slaver

Thanks, I saved before I did it to be safe, glad I did. I'll try resetting before another attempt and see what happens. 

32 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

What would that mean? Checking the voicetype, and if vampire cattle change it to nord? Is the voicetype changing by itself from nord to vampire cattle voice? How so?

26 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

Maybe this is a good excuse to bring up something I've been wanting to mention for a while, especially since I was just discussing it in PMs, too, coincidentally.

The number one change I'd like to see for the nascent Slaver feature would be to be able to have current slaves serve as slavers without having to free them in the process.  For one, I just don't like it conceptually/RP-wise.  There's plenty of historical precedent for having privileged, trusted slaves who serve as overseers managing other slaves, both in colonial-era chattel slavery and in Classical slavery.  I want to empower my favourite slaves to take on additional responsibilities, but I also want my favourite slaves to still be my favourite slaves.  

But perhaps more saliently, a great practical reason to change this mechanic is that it'd make playtesting everything else about the Slaver feature easier.  Having to free the slave to employ her as a slaver is a semi-permanent move that feels like a really substantial decision.  This means that, subconsciously, I feel immensely pressured to find a slave who's just right for the job and to get her training completely maxed out before promoting her.  Which means that, in practice, I almost never actually end up using Slavers at all, especially given that HSH doesn't have the same impediment.  So if you could address this concern first, you'd be able to get a lot more feedback about everything else related to the feature.  

4 minutes ago, TrollAutokill said:

What would that mean? Checking the voicetype, and if vampire cattle change it to nord?

Spoiler

If (Game.GetModByName("Dawnguard.esm") != 255)
        If ((PAH.DLC1ThrallFaction != None) && actor_alias.IsInFaction(PAHPersNord))
            If actor_alias.IsInFaction(PAH.DLC1ThrallFaction)
                actor_alias.RemoveFromFaction(PAH.DLC1ThrallFaction)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

that's assuming they're still in the nord personality faction when you clear it, if not in the personality when clearing then you'll need to check the FemaleNord [VTYP:00013AE7]

9 minutes ago, TrollAutokill said:

Is the voicetype changing by itself from nord to vampire cattle voice? 

anytime the slave is gagged or if not gagged, but using a dialogue quest with low priority, they revert to the cattle voices. 

10 minutes ago, TrollAutokill said:

How so?

side-effect of the thrall faction assigned during enslavement. the faction is added to give the slave neutrality in the presence of dlc vampire 

6 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

side-effect of the thrall faction assigned during enslavement. the faction is added to give the slave neutrality in the presence of dlc vampire

Oh wow that's actually really interesting. Huh. So that's how they keep neutrality without aggro from other factions that hate vampires? 

Edited by InsanityFactor
12 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

Oh wow that's actually really interesting. Huh. So that's how they keep neutrality without aggro from other factions that hate vampires? 

think its mostly for neutrality near the vampires, not certain if it also works for enemies of the vampires, don't think so

3 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

think its mostly for neutrality near the vampires, not certain if it also works for enemies of the vampires, don't think so

I mean like if they were made friendly to the vampires some other way would they get their shit rocked by vigilants etc.?

I assume the thrall faction was the only one that was neutral to vampires but simultaneously not hostile to anyone else. Idk I might just be talking out of my ass here I thought I saw the matrix for a second. 

I've been getting the "cattle voice" issue with some of my slaves too, and I don't use trainers at all. It generally clears with a few jolts from the Sparks spell, but it  can be annoying if it kicks in when there's time pressure.

That said, by all means keep 'em in the thrall faction. I like it that my vampire characters can feed upon their slaves.

15 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

I see. Also the PlayerSlaveFaction is set to Ally with the DLC1PlayerVampireLordFaction. Wasn't it enough to ensure slave neutrality to vampires?

Also is this problem only for nords?

Edited by TrollAutokill
5 hours ago, DocClox said:

I've been getting the "cattle voice" issue with some of my slaves too, and I don't use trainers at all. It generally clears with a few jolts from the Sparks spell, but it  can be annoying if it kicks in when there's time pressure.

That said, by all means keep 'em in the thrall faction. I like it that my vampire characters can feed upon their slaves.

Then @CliftonJD proposed fix would certainly go against that,

Spoiler

EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

Version 2.8.0 is out. Not for the faint hearted, this is a .0 version so expect bugs to pop out of nowhere ?

LE users should avoid this version until the plugin is back ported.

- Most dialogues have two modes: not respectful and respectful. Respectful dialogues always include the key word master/mistress.

- "Listen to me slave" -> "Call me master/mistress" to force slave to be respectful and call the player master/mistress. It is Identical to "Ok Slave" -> "Address me as a slave" but the conditions are different. It can be used with fresh slaves and there is a chance for the slave to refuse.

- "I thought I told you to call me master/mistress" a special punishment for those who don't understand the first time. This is a  very efficient way to train respect. The normal PAHE dialogue "I thought I told you to be respectful" will also show for those who prefer the usual punishments.

- "Entertain me slave" a new menu with different way for the slave to practice their posing skills: dance, play music, ... Poses are chosen according to personality (except for GSPoses, see below) and slaves can refuse.

- GSPoses can be accessed via "Entertain me slave" -> "Just be cute". If you have GSPoses installed 1 of the 483 poses will be chosen randomly. Otherwise usual cute poses are choosen according to personality.

- Slaves might react to their friends being punished with comments.

Edited by TrollAutokill
2 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

Also the PlayerSlaveFaction is set to Ally with the DLC1PlayerVampireLordFaction. Wasn't it enough to ensure slave neutrality to vampires?

that can't be true, we would need to set that as master and its not in the script either

Also is this problem only for nords?

yes, never understood why its exclusive to nords

Then @CliftonJD proposed fix would certainly go against that,

Reveal hidden contents

EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

possibly, but the proposed fix method ensures this change only effects the nords

9 hours ago, DocClox said:

not really certain if those 2 are connected or if the thrall faction is responsible for letting vamps feed on them. out of curiosity, save first, then try grabbing 1 of your vampire characters and find a nord slave. then hit the reset button for that slave. if you can no longer feed on nords after they've been reset, there's another faction can be added in its place that might allow feeding: 

DLC1VampireFeedNoCrimeFaction

6 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

Version 2.8.0 is out. Not for the faint hearted, this is a .0 version so expect bugs to pop out of nowhere

Is this "safe" to update from last version or is there a special process to ensure I don't explode? I know there's always that possibility but should I just do a new game or is it worth a shot? 

EDIT: Will the voicepacks work or do those need to be updated every time there's new lines? 

Edited by InsanityFactor
6 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

yes, never understood why its exclusive to nords

That's the only voicetype that does that, I don't think they ever recorded lines for the others. I guess because they only have a small handful of thralls in that dungeon using the same voice. At least that's what I recall, haven't done Dawnguard in a good while.