20 hours ago, BreadDain said:

First and foremost want to report that updating to the most recent version midsave without purging DD formlists will break your devices, you won't be able to unlock them. But is still doable by cleaning out whole DD mods family from save file. Note: seems like update affects only existing devices, new appear to be ok.

Midsave update broke UD entirely for me coming from Beta 2.  New devices equipped don't pop up any dialogue when I try to unequip them.

1 hour ago, ihatemykite said:

DIdn't manage to replicate. But only orgasm/edge can stop the minigame (or player by pressing the key). Does it say something, like that player is too exhausted  to continue struggling?

Spoiler

No, just an absolutely silent interruption. I can probably record it, but currently encountered a different issue - UD mcm responds VERY slowly, takes more than minute or so to open any page category.

Edit: how did that happen?

Spoiler

999720176_.png.5bca027ad4ce599563944e95b9648e78.png

Edit 2: aaaand we have a winner. Active scripts are also clogged with UD, think that didn't happen before, probably worth looking into. Looks like zombie scripts to me. Might be related to improper cleaning, but MCM worked fine before, the issue accumulated from something.

Spoiler

1444010655_.png.8529b89eb9ffe555b1f05bed50071d2e.png

Save938_00000000_0_4572796E6E65_DLC1DarkfallCave01_020143_20211114141926_31_1.essSave938_00000000_0_4572796E6E65_DLC1DarkfallCave01_020143_20211114141926_31_1.skse

Scrap everything, new UD version breaks save file completely. I cannot clean it out without save file corruption, will just start a new game.

UPD: Started a new game, UD still acts wonky. Either won't initialize MCM properly at all or first 2 option tabs respond time is waaaay too long. Reinstalled the mod just to be sure, using DCL and BRRF patches, and disable papyrus logging, issue is gone. Something tells that's a save-baked issue when logging is enabled.

Edited by BreadDain
17 hours ago, mirzaarmy said:

Hey, I've just been playing around with unforgiving devices and it seems there is a conflict with Sexlab Survival, specifically with the cursed collar for not having the magic license. Essentially it causes the device to loop equip/unequip resulting in it being impossible to remove the device. I tried using the remove item command, debug DD removal in cursed loot, lockpicking, using a key, using a universal key. (SE btw) 

Never used sexlab survival, will give it a try.

17 hours ago, freddurst7 said:

Midsave update broke UD entirely for me coming from Beta 2.  New devices equipped don't pop up any dialogue when I try to unequip them.

Please, always try to make clean save. I don't realy add any safe checks to make new version backward compatible. In 99.9% cases, new save will be required when updating the mod.

17 hours ago, BreadDain said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, just an absolutely silent interruption. I can probably record it, but currently encountered a different issue - UD mcm responds VERY slowly, takes more than minute or so to open any page category.

Reveal hidden contents

Edit 2: aaaand we have a winner. Active scripts are also clogged with UD, think that didn't happen before, probably worth looking into. Looks like zombie scripts to me. Might be related to improper cleaning, but MCM worked fine before, the issue accumulated from something.

Reveal hidden contents

Save938_00000000_0_4572796E6E65_DLC1DarkfallCave01_020143_20211114141926_31_1.ess 9.12 MB · 0 downloads Save938_00000000_0_4572796E6E65_DLC1DarkfallCave01_020143_20211114141926_31_1.skse 522.39 kB · 1 download

UPD: Started a new game, UD still acts wonky. Either won't initialize MCM properly at all or first 2 option tabs respond time is waaaay too long.

I know about the mcm, but don't know what is causing it. But from my expereince that is caused when you try to open the mcm before the all menus are loaded. This makes mcm somehow broken.

17 hours ago, BreadDain said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Save938_00000000_0_4572796E6E65_DLC1DarkfallCave01_020143_20211114141926_31_1.ess 9.12 MB · 0 downloads Save938_00000000_0_4572796E6E65_DLC1DarkfallCave01_020143_20211114141926_31_1.skse 522.39 kB · 1 download

Something tells that's a save-baked issue when logging is enabled.

Well, thats possible. Mod puts quite a bunch of things in papyrus log. Even i have experienced bad performance when there was bug which caused papyrus log to clogg with error almost every few ms.

Also i have fixed most things which were mentined here, so here is new beta: Unforgiving devices 1.62 beta 1.zip

Here is atleast some quick changelog

• Fixed issue with abadon plug not beeing unlocked (and all other quest items)
  • Added new modifier: Loose. This modifier allow wearer to struggle from device even if they have tied hands. Example, if player have armbinder and loose blindfold, they can struggle from blindfold. This is always less effective then normal struggle. Value is in % and determinate efficiency in comparison to normal struggle minigame.
  • Reduced gold and item reward from rare devices
  • Abadon plug will now lock wearer in device in every 1.5 hours. Plug also can now lock player in belt only once.
  • Added abadon elbowbinder, which can be locked on player as part of latex suit

Thx for an update, I was so confused with save corruption that I've already lost the point if any bug was valid not just for my own save file. Managed to clean it up properly this time and ran some tests afterwards. These are valid for release version, not the beta patch above:

• Asking friend to help with locks and winning minigame results in character being stuck for some time (picked Straitjacket with 1 lock)
  • Asking friend to help with abadon plug still produces quest popup and interrupts minigame
  • Opening items with a key should probably not inflict exhaustion. 5 stacks of it just by opening belt looks strange.
  • Minigame spontaneous interrupts, moderate struggle got stopped this time. They sometimes can happen 3-5 times in a row, here is just an example.
Spoiler

• Orgasm exhaustion value and timer MCM settings are not respected by mod, they are always set to default values.
  • Orgasm from non-Abadon plug (controllable anal plug for example) doesn't inflict exhaustion.
  • Turning on and off controllable plug also breaks other vibrations, potentially breaks Small Finisher.

Hello @ihatemykite

I have found a few things that are not bugs but I guess they should be changed. 

1. Iron cuffs for wrists (those ones that lock your hands in front of you) are too easy to lockpick as well. Maybe it's logical because you can see your hands so you can pick the locks, but it makes no sense in finding the key. I guess the right way of the DD system is hidden in the thought that you need to find the keys to unlock items on you. With a key, it should be much easier than with lockpicking or struggling and I guess it's the right approach. But in this wonderful mod some items work in a different way. I guess iron cuffs for wrists should be rebalanced the same as manacles (Though I didn't test them yet.) 

2. The same I can say about all the cuffs for legs and hands. There is not so much difference between have you the keys or will you lock pick them. I guess lockpicking should be harder than using a key. I don't know, maybe make it so that reaching the lock harder when you try to lockpick? 

3. It's TOO easy to struggle out of restraints using magic when the item has a negative resistance to magic. I should share one story here to make it clear. I got into bondage mittens and went pale because I knew that these are the strongest items in the game and it's incredibly hard to get rid of them. I remember that without this mod, I was spending hours and hours of real-time in an attempt to get rid of them on your own because you barely can use a key, you can't use lockpicking, and struggling in addition to cutting them is very hard. And here, getting into these bondage mittens, I tried to struggle and losing all my stamina I saw progress: 96/100 and I thought 'yes, it should be like that!' But! When I tried to use magic to struggle out, I managed to do it just for two attempts even despite I'm not a mage and I have a pretty poor amount of mana.

And it's not only about these mittens. All items that have a negative magic resistance are too easy to escape even when you are not a mage (for example a simple armbinder). I believe there should be some check if you are a mage or not. For example, check the average of all magic skill branches and the more it is the easier the struggling by magic will be. If you are not a mage so the average of all your magic skills is low, then it will be very hard for you to struggle out using your magic.

1 hour ago, Dust+ said:
Spoiler

Hello @ihatemykite

I have found a few things that are not bugs but I guess they should be changed. 

1. Iron cuffs for wrists (those ones that lock your hands in front of you) are too easy to lockpick as well. Maybe it's logical because you can see your hands so you can pick the locks, but it makes no sense in finding the key. I guess the right way of the DD system is hidden in the thought that you need to find the keys to unlock items on you. With a key, it should be much easier than with lockpicking or struggling and I guess it's the right approach. But in this wonderful mod some items work in a different way. I guess iron cuffs for wrists should be rebalanced the same as manacles (Though I didn't test them yet.) 

2. The same I can say about all the cuffs for legs and hands. There is not so much difference between have you the keys or will you lock pick them. I guess lockpicking should be harder than using a key. I don't know, maybe make it so that reaching the lock harder when you try to lockpick? 

3. It's TOO easy to struggle out of restraints using magic when the item has a negative resistance to magic. I should share one story here to make it clear. I got into bondage mittens and went pale because I knew that these are the strongest items in the game and it's incredibly hard to get rid of them. I remember that without this mod, I was spending hours and hours of real-time in an attempt to get rid of them on your own because you barely can use a key, you can't use lockpicking, and struggling in addition to cutting them is very hard. And here, getting into these bondage mittens, I tried to struggle and losing all my stamina I saw progress: 96/100 and I thought 'yes, it should be like that!' But! When I tried to use magic to struggle out, I managed to do it just for two attempts even despite I'm not a mage and I have a pretty poor amount of mana.

And it's not only about these mittens. All items that have a negative magic resistance are too easy to escape even when you are not a mage (for example a simple armbinder). I believe there should be some check if you are a mage or not. For example, check the average of all magic skill branches and the more it is the easier the struggling by magic will be. If you are not a mage so the average of all your magic skills is low, then it will be very hard for you to struggle out using your magic.

Sounds for me like a general Skyrim lockpicking issue. Right now I feel like key being a bit more easier than lockpicking since you need to hit crit in both to open the lock minus lockpicking minigame.
On magicka struggle - devices are affected by DD modifiers, you know that, right? Can't really judge here if one easier than another, but I personally prefer desperate struggle to magicka one because the former does 1.5 more damage to device strength while the latter only does additional damage to durability (and I am playing mage with approximately equal stat distribution, 325 health 260 magicka 170 stamina). It is quite obvious which method is easier if you compare both on Blue Straightjacket and Shiny Armbinder, first can be ripped off in one go if you hit critical, and armbinder is a pain to struggle.

I can probably suggest a few things here:
Different struggle presets for each of AV, for example magicka struggle deals 33% less strength damage but 1.5 times more durability damage than now, but as an option to choose.
More severe exhaustions, repairing orgasm exhaustion would probably be suffice.
More active plugs if player uses some sort of spells like healing or alteration skins, like is with vanilla DD.
I don't really have an idea if it is possible to modify sweetspot location size for lockpicking when you struggle from UD depending on lockpicking difficulty, but it would be nice to see. Otherwise there are master tier locks exists which are not really used by the mod. Personally invested 3 perks in lockpicking and skilled it up to high level, expert locks are a joke even with 1 lockpick attempt. But I think there are people who handle lockpicking much worse than me, so I am not really a good reference to compare with.
Maybe make Mending modifier more harsh, passive regeneration +huge regeneration on each orgasm, it is barely noticeable right now.

Also, one of Ordinator perks. Completely gamebreaking for UD :D

Spoiler

1543737848_.png.dc4ec506694eeff2839e4614f8b2cde7.png

Edited by BreadDain
7 hours ago, BreadDain said:

On magicka struggle - devices are affected by DD modifiers, you know that, right?

Mmm, DD modifiers affect magica struggle, alright, but still bondage mittens were one of the hardest restraints to escape from in the original DD, but not here. Here you can simply slip out of them using your magica struggle. 

On 11/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, ihatemykite said:

Also i have fixed most things which were mentined here, so here is new beta: Unforgiving devices 1.62 beta 1.zip

This one has a bug where it 'forgets' device interaction hotkey. Works only once before requiring to interact with device again or rebind it in MCM.
Small Finisher also doesn't seem to trigger.
Anal plugs are removed instantly, skipping minigame.
Rusty choke pear can only be Unlocked but not lockpicked
White and Black Abadon Armbinder can be lockpicked?
Can't find regenerating/mending properties on patched devices any longer, tested on different colour straitjackets. And even their sentience doesn't seem to have any effect, at least they won't trigger plugs.
Plug orgasm doesn't inflict exhaustion even if minigame was stopped by it, and also log sometimes pair plug orgasm with plug+struggle orgasm message, not sure if those count as 2 for purposes of SLA or Abadon quest.

Suggestion: different types of exhaustion depending on activity, for example mental exhaustion from struggling with magic, and weakness from struggling with use of health. Would make sense if you relax mentally while stressing out muscles, allowing magicka to be filled.

Edited by BreadDain
On 11/14/2021 at 12:27 PM, ihatemykite said:

Devious lore creates too much device scripts, which makes saving much longer. Combination of this with fact that scripts in my mod are several times bigger that normal DD script is recipe for problem

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this issue related to savefile size and/or saving time, or it creates issues in-game? If the latter, which issues does/could it create in-game? I really know nothing about script-related issues and I'd like to understand more. Sorry for bothering you :(

EDIT: forgive me, didn't notice that this mod allows the PC to get help from NPCs for struggling. This makes DL no longer needed in my setup. Sorry for bothering you :)

Edited by xyzfs
2 hours ago, 2generic said:

So the 'UD patching kit' is what you need? Wow, all this time I've been wondering why I never see this mod in the game.

No, that is if you want to make it work with other mods. The mod has the option to install DD, DCL, and Devious Pink patches already. So if you are using those mods and install those patches, it will work. Otherwise you need to use the patching kit to patch whichever mod's devices you are using.

6 hours ago, DayTri said:

No, that is if you want to make it work with other mods. The mod has the option to install DD, DCL, and Devious Pink patches already. So if you are using those mods and install those patches, it will work. Otherwise you need to use the patching kit to patch whichever mod's devices you are using.

I'm confused. Where are the patches? I just reinstalled to see if it would give me the option for any patches, and it didn't.

Hello ihatemykite,

I have some issue with the new lockpicking (v1.61 in SE). I use SkyHUD and I don't think I can see the crits. According to the desc: "This will cause to either the magicka meter or stamina meter to blink." I don't think I ever saw that to happen.

I also have ImmersiveHUD, which very quickly hides the HUD elements, so I don't even see the Magicka bar during the whole Lockpick struggle.

This makes the Lockpicking nonexistent. I wonder if there could be an MCM setting to switch back to the old method to circumvent this (or support for the above mods).

Update: So, actually, even opening the lock with the proper key became impossible now, as it seems that requires crit too. So a simple Chastity Belt is now inescapable, even with a Chastity Key in hand. I don't think this is a good game mechanic this way.

Edit: Also a bugreport. My follower (custom), got an armbinder from a trap. When I look at her inventory, I see it, however the inventory shows it unequipped (it is visible in the game and she has the proper anims). When I clicked on it I got a menu. I selected the Help cut option and the SSE went into Not Responding.

3 more information:

- When I first used the armbinder in her inventory, I selected Tighten and I got an answer from the mod. No crash or anything.

- I tried to Help cut, when my character was exhausted from trying to remove her own restraints.

- My character's hands are free.

Thanks for considering,

M

Edited by monsta88

Hello ihatemykite,

some more feedback about v1.61, played in SE.

1) Please consider adding some min/max values for the slow and steady struggling. I noticed on my follower that she was very very slow doing it, it took like 15 minutes for ending the activity (I don't remember if she was succesful). Today I tried on myself, to struggle out from some ballett boots (Sentient 35%). My character started doing the anim, the device health(?} bar appeared. Then nothing. Seemingly.

My stamina must have regenerated faster than the UI would show it (if my Mana/HP/Stamina is max, the corresponding bar is not displayed on the screen). The character stopped doing the anim, but I could not control her, and after a long while I noticed that the device HP started to go down. But it was extremely slow. I did some housework, regularly checking on the game. After 30+ minutes the device HP was still around 90%. It would have taken several hours to finish it, that's why I asked for the consideration. It should not take more than 5 minutes (I'd be OK with 10 mins too, but I guess nowadays people are much more impatient).

So this was when I went to the MCM debug:

2) The debug menu seems a bit bugged. About 5 days ago I used it to remove the unopenable chastity belt (custom UI makes impossible to score crits). It worked fine. I checked on my follower as well, but I don't remeber if I used the MCM to remove anything.

Today the Debug menu still showed my follower's data, she was the selected one. I could not switch to the player, the Player above the 1st NPC was greyed out and empty.

image.png.233a754436d164e8c53da6ea6f6993c3.png

It seems the debug menu doesn't see my character for some reason.

Update: After I used the Debug menu to remove these devices from the follower, it switched to my my character. The PlayerSlot was still empty though.

3) It is just a suggestion: Please consider setting the Lock menu option in MCM unchecked as Default. The reason behind it that currently every new version means a complete reset of the mod, clearing the savegame of settings, etc. Essentially it is like installing the mod mid-game. If the character is wearing a quest restraint from some other mod, then the settings is not available at all.

Maybe later, when updating is easier the Lock menu could be checked by default.

Peace,

M

Edited by monsta88

First of all very good mod and ideas. Looking forward to some bad ending scenarios. But i have 2 problems which kinda dampen the fun and i dont know how to fix them. First i have no "Abadon Plug Chance" option in the DD Events tab and the small/little finisher never triggers with the Abadon plug. Everything else seems to work fine (final finisher works but after that theres nothing else other then some shocks). Tested with 1.61 and 1.62beta1.

Edit: Upon further investigation with papyrus.log i spotted 2 errors regarding UD. This may or may not help but i'll write them down here anyways.

"warning: Property infokey on script unforgivingdevicesmain attached to UnforgivingDevicesQuest (2B005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

"ERROR: Property BreathplayScript on script udcustomdevicemain attached to UD_CustomDevice_Quest (2B15E73C) cannot be bound because UD_CustomDevice_Quest (2B15E73C) is not the right type"

Everything else with UD initalized just fine.

Edited by greatwulf

Hello everyone, i have too much work lately so i will adress only the oldest issues. I did some optimalization so at least performance should be better.

Also to make my work little easier i will adress issues in following way:

• Fixed - Issue is fixed (in current in dev version, not in version on LL)
  • Will Fix - Will fix the issue
  • Prolly fixed - Is fixed but the way fix was implemented may break something else
  • Not issue - means this is not issue but feature (like that the previous feature was removed, making new feature seem like bug)
  • Can't replicate - cant replicate the issue and so also cant fix it
  • Noted - Means I don't thing this is big issue and for now will only keep it in mind for later fix when i will have more time
  • Unfixable - Means the issue is for now unfixable for some reason (like because of skyrim of because of DD framework)
On 11/16/2021 at 1:43 AM, BreadDain said:

This one has a bug where it 'forgets' device interaction hotkey. Works only once before requiring to interact with device again or rebind it in MCM. - Noted
Small Finisher also doesn't seem to trigger. - Not issue, removed little finisher for time being. Will reimplement upgraded version later.
Anal plugs are removed instantly, skipping minigame. - Can't replicate, maybe the plug was not sentient?
Rusty choke pear can only be Unlocked but not lockpicked - Noted
White and Black Abadon Armbinder can be lockpicked? - Fixed
Can't find regenerating/mending properties on patched devices any longer, tested on different colour straitjackets. And even their sentience doesn't seem to have any effect, at least they won't trigger plugs. - Can't replicate
Plug orgasm doesn't inflict exhaustion even if minigame was stopped by it, - Not issue, some minigames doesn't inflict exhastion

and also log sometimes pair plug orgasm with plug+struggle orgasm message, not sure if those count as 2 for purposes of SLA or Abadon quest. - Unfixable, DD will always log orgasm message

Suggestion: different types of exhaustion depending on activity, for example mental exhaustion from struggling with magic, and weakness from struggling with use of health. Would make sense if you relax mentally while stressing out muscles, allowing magicka to be filled. - Sounds like cool idea, will give it a try in future

On 11/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, Dust+ said:

1. Iron cuffs for wrists (those ones that lock your hands in front of you) are too easy to lockpick as well. - Noted

2. The same I can say about all the cuffs for legs and hands. There is not so much difference between have you the keys or will you lock pick them. I guess lockpicking should be harder than using a key. I don't know, maybe make it so that reaching the lock harder when you try to lockpick?  - Will Fix

3. It's TOO easy to struggle out of restraints using magic when the item has a negative resistance to magic. I should share one story here to make it clear. I got into bondage mittens and went pale because I knew that these are the strongest items in the game and it's incredibly hard to get rid of them. I remember that without this mod, I was spending hours and hours of real-time in an attempt to get rid of them on your own because you barely can use a key, you can't use lockpicking, and struggling in addition to cutting them is very hard. And here, getting into these bondage mittens, I tried to struggle and losing all my stamina I saw progress: 96/100 and I thought 'yes, it should be like that!' But! When I tried to use magic to struggle out, I managed to do it just for two attempts even despite I'm not a mage and I have a pretty poor amount of mana.- Fixed, i have reworked the stat struggle to be less op, but still stronger then the default struggle. From now on it will use total stats from specific skills. Example: 50 points of Destruction will increase magick struggle effeciency by 50%. Multiple skills can be used for one struggle and total skill can be seen in wearer detail in device menu

On 11/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, BreadDain said:
  • Asking friend to help with locks and winning minigame results in character being stuck for some time (picked Straitjacket with 1 lock) - Can't replicate
  • Asking friend to help with abadon plug still produces quest popup and interrupts minigame - Can't replicate
  • Opening items with a key should probably not inflict exhaustion. 5 stacks of it just by opening belt looks strange. - Fixed
  • Minigame spontaneous interrupts, moderate struggle got stopped this time. They sometimes can happen 3-5 times in a row, here is just an example. - Noted
  • Orgasm exhaustion value and timer MCM settings are not respected by mod, they are always set to default values. - Will Fix
  • Orgasm from non-Abadon plug (controllable anal plug for example) doesn't inflict exhaustion. - Can't replicate
  • Turning on and off controllable plug also breaks other vibrations, potentially breaks Small Finisher. - Unfixable

On 11/17/2021 at 12:48 AM, xyzfs said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this issue related to savefile size and/or saving time, or it creates issues in-game? If the latter, which issues does/could it create in-game? I really know nothing about script-related issues and I'd like to understand more. Sorry for bothering you :(

Problem is that for some reason, DL creates all devices scripts. Theese are then put to save file making the saving longer. Well problem is my mode makes theese script several times bigger, so saving takes even longer.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:16 PM, monsta88 said:

I also have ImmersiveHUD, which very quickly hides the HUD elements, so I don't even see the Magicka bar during the whole Lockpick struggle. - Noted, can you try disabling ImmersiveHUD to test if its cause of the problem?

Also a bugreport. My follower (custom), got an armbinder from a trap. When I look at her inventory, I see it, however the inventory shows it unequipped (it is visible in the game and she has the proper anims). - Not issue, Its normal that it doesn't show device as equipped. It has no effect on gameplay.

When I clicked on it I got a menu. I selected the Help cut option and the SSE went into Not Responding. - Like that the whole skyrim game crashes?

On 11/20/2021 at 6:54 PM, POLE7645 said:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but half the time, using a restraint from the menu doesn't work (and just use the usual DD menu). And removing a restraint with the struggle key doesn't remove said restraint from the debug menu (so I still get some effects). - Do you have patches installed? If device is not patched, normal dd menu will be opened instead.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, RandomPufferFish said:

Is there any way to downlaod the pre 1.6 version? The current one seems super slow for me, while the last 1.5 worked flawlessy

While reading through the forum I found the download for 1.5.1a on page 15!

Here: pre 1.62 versions.zip

On 12/2/2021 at 12:48 PM, greatwulf said:

First of all very good mod and ideas. Looking forward to some bad ending scenarios. But i have 2 problems which kinda dampen the fun and i dont know how to fix them. First i have no "Abadon Plug Chance" option in the DD Events tab and the small/little finisher never triggers with the Abadon plug. Everything else seems to work fine (final finisher works but after that theres nothing else other then some shocks). Tested with 1.61 and 1.62beta1. - Not issue, is already removed from DD event tab. Mod no longer use DD event system

"warning: Property infokey on script unforgivingdevicesmain attached to UnforgivingDevicesQuest (2B005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property" - Will Fix, didnt reloade the scripts

"ERROR: Property BreathplayScript on script udcustomdevicemain attached to UD_CustomDevice_Quest (2B15E73C) cannot be bound because UD_CustomDevice_Quest (2B15E73C) is not the right type" - Will Fix, didnt reloade the scripts.

Anyway, here is for not new beta version. Main feature are rework of desparate/magick struggle and optimalization.

Download: Unforgiving devices 1.62 beta 2.zip

3 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

I also have ImmersiveHUD, which very quickly hides the HUD elements, so I don't even see the Magicka bar during the whole Lockpick struggle. - Noted, can you try disabling ImmersiveHUD to test if its cause of the problem?

The problem is not Immersive HUD, but SkyHUD. A custom UI. Which never blinks or whatever the crit does. The bars just go down and that's it. See video.

3 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

When I clicked on it I got a menu. I selected the Help cut option and the SSE went into Not Responding. - Like that the whole skyrim game crashes?

The game stops working, just freezes. It does not CTD, but if I check it in the Task Manager, there is a (Not Responding) message behind the exe.